Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

HUBRIS???
Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 26, 2005 10:22

I love this group. I am a disciple of their live endeavors. They are supermen, and I cannot imagine them failing.

Yet I look at the rumoured dates on the next tour, and I see those figures, 50,ooo...90,000...150,000....and I wonder; can they do it?

Or is it hubris? We know they will charge top dollar. They are no longer a concert rarity, in fact for the last 10 years they have really been around a lot!So much depends on the new album, and I believe in it and have my doubts all at the same time. It has been a long time since a Stones album was a media event. I think they need it, unless they really do intend to announce a (shudder) Last Time Tour.

I am very excited about travel and seeing thr group perform again. For me, it will be a thrill. I know they could pack every theater and arena that they would book. No matter what , I am sure I will have a good time. But It will break my heart if the press savages them for empty seats. And you know that if 60,000 show up for a venue slated for 90,000, the press will report about how they can no longer do it rather than report what a great acheivement 60,000 is.

I know in the past I have gotten nasty to others talking about the legacy; the legacy is for the Stones to decide and worry about, it does not belong to us. But I am a little worried that this time they are over-reaching.

Re: HUBRIS???
Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: April 26, 2005 12:20

Since it now seems that this will be the last tour of this huge format, I think the Stones have decided to make a really good album. But then again they always do and they don't put out crap in terms of new albums. All the live records in between can be discussed though.

I do believe that we will have a great album and a great farewell tour. Let's enjoy full time!

HJofSweden

Posted by: davido ()
Date: April 26, 2005 13:46

Enjoy! Everything for near the
past twenty years could be
considered a bonus, as the
band plays on into OT.................

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 26, 2005 14:39

When I say that SW or VL are crap I only mean this by Stones standards. Any other band puts out a string of albums like that they are regarded as a big new comer.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: April 26, 2005 14:50

Anytime a band such as The Stones, (such as The Stones?), there really is no other band like them, in terms of career achievement. That is why every time they tour they are going against the odds, and thus, a rarity. Long live The Stones.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-26 20:17 by RankOutsider.

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: April 26, 2005 15:08

davido Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Enjoy! Everything for near the
> past twenty years could be
> considered a bonus, as the
> band plays on into OT.................

Well if you look at it from your point of view it's a huge bonus!
To me the thrill is the same every time.
So everybody out here let's enjoy this tour. Let's hope they can
once again to better than the latest tour. It was great so this
one can outragerous good!

HJofSweden

Date: April 27, 2005 00:47

They'll pull it off, they never really fail. If you ask me it will be Licks II. It hasn't been that long since they overcharged and underplayed in the US & Europe.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 27, 2005 00:50

The press wont savage them for empty seats, the only # that really matters is $$$$$$$

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: April 27, 2005 05:58

in answer to the original question----YES!!! they can and will do it---they always have and always will.....no question...will the lp be good? thats up to each individual fan to decide...my answer would be yes, ..but hopefully it won't pander to current trends which marred efforts in the past...a solid rock and blues album in the classic stones mold is just what the music scene needs right now....maybe even an update of "highwire"..which is sorely needed right now.......wait and see people..

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 27, 2005 09:44

Well iam a little more sure that they will fill the every place now, but it is a sureness witha degree of sadness.

The moderators at RO seem to be pretty dependable. One claims to have inside information on the South American Tour,and says the marketing material is definitely billing this as The Farewell Tour!

[novogate.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home