Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Fan club Tickets
Posted by: juicedup ()
Date: April 25, 2005 22:43

I had an inside lead on Licks tix last tour. Anyone have any advice on how much of a help Paying the $100.00 RS Fanclub membership is to buying good tix for the forthcoming tour?? Thanks.

Re: Fan club Tickets
Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 25, 2005 22:56

SO far we don't know. Some of us paid a $100 last July 1 and haven't even received the free DVD yet. There was promise of early access to shows but the tour hasn't been confirmed. On last tour it worked fairly well. That is if you were logged on at the right time when the tickets went up on the site. Some theater shows went up in the middle of the night.

Date: April 25, 2005 23:07

Thanks for the info . I have a buddy who said that throught he fan club he got pretty decent seats last time around. What was the best way to get the skinny on when the tickets were released? Last tour I got a free membership from faxing a copy of a ticket stub to the fan club. Then my wife and I bought tix to Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrech (theatre) shows from fanasylum shows as our honeymoon present to one another. This time around I can't afford to spend $5,000.00 for 3 shows. Any info on anticipating the on-sale dates for shows, particularly theatre shows would be greatly appreciated.

Brand

PS Where are your from?

Date: April 25, 2005 23:08

George V follow me

Posted by: davido ()
Date: April 26, 2005 06:35

If I remeber correctly a lot of folks got royally pissed
with the Sam Goody Club deal last time, and there was
lotsa grumbling about the RS club too, tho I think
the Palais Royale tickets might've been available
thru here.................?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 26, 2005 06:59

The tickets that were offered to fans during the American Tour were not the best for the most part from what I gather...sometimes even way off to the side and up in the rafters. But as the tour evolved over towards Europe, the seats avialable became much better. Thanks to the Gods above, I was lucky enough to be given 4th row center at the 1st Wembley Arena show in London. I couldn't have asked for more, it was perfect in every way. For all their misgivings, rs.com is well worth the extra $100 if you want some decent seats on the next tour. Otherwise, you're next best bet is to pray for decent seats through ticketmaster..,good luck!

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: April 26, 2005 08:59

So far I wonder if they do any theatre and arena shows at all and then it won't be worth doing the rs.com fanclub thing. I agree juicedip that the fanasylum thing is very costly, but it was the best time we ever had, and we met people from the package-tour again and again on other concerts without a package.
If you see that Paul McCartney is 1100 USD for 2 nights and on show you may know how much the package could be the next time.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: April 26, 2005 13:06

The seats for Twickenham which I got through the fan club were okay but the fanasylum Holland package was good even if there was no hospitality for Rotterdam. Hi Brand :-)

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 26, 2005 22:37

The best sources for when club show tickets went up on the RS.com site was from other fans. On Sites like this one and Shidoobee and Undercover, fans really helped each other by alerting that shows were up for sale. That said, you needed to be at your computer at the right time when they did go up to score a theater show. I was lucky but lots were not.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: April 26, 2005 23:17

I used my RS.com membership to buy tickets for Wembley Arena, but only after missing out on the Theatre gig. Then once London was sold out they anounced a gig in my home town of Glasgow. Since I had already used my RS.com membership to buy London tix I tried to get Glasgow on public sale but it was sold out. Then they anounced second gig at Glasgow and I got standing tickets and ended up right in front of the B-stage. Remember they also played extra gigs at Wembley Arena too and the tickets where easily accessible on public sale (if you kept alert). I won't be panicking if I don't get a front row ticket at the first European gig on this tour, if it's anything like before there will be plenty of oportunity.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home