Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: The Beatles releasing new compilation of BBC performances November 11th
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 13, 2013 12:02

<<They weren't exactly jazz-mucisians>>

Therein lies the secret of the Beatles' huge popularity--that millions were inspired to pick up the guitar knowing "I can do this too", whereas with the virtuoso treatment of Coltrane, only a very few could aspire to such a level as demanded of jazz musicians.

But that's not to underestimate the influence of Coltrane--without it, the chord progressions in The Doors' Light My Fire would not have been as captivating and hypnotic.

Yet, even the very early Beatles music was noted for its sophisticated elements. Of the 1963 album track Not A Second Time, William Mann, music critic for The Times of London, noted their use of "the Aeolian cadence":

“…so natural is the Aeolian cadence at the end of “Not a second time” (the chord progression which ends Mahler's Song of the Earth).”
-- William Mann on The Beatles

"To solve the mystery, simply cue up track 13 of With The Beatles, and listen out for that moody musical moment that concludes the B section of Not A Second Time - that’s the bridge or, more accurately, the refrain that marks “the end” of the song’s main A-B form (if not quite the end of the whole song, as some may understandably assume).

"As captured on the audio clip, this is heard first at 0.42, then at 1.01 (ending the piano solo) and finally at 1.47, immediately preceding the fading coda

Dominant D7 resolves to Em instead of the expected G tonic

Resolution of leading tone (F# to G) thwarted in favour of a plunge to E

"So just what is happening at this brief but poignantly plunging moment?

"Specifically, the effect is down to the sudden appearance of a dark E minor chord in the harmony when we were expecting our familiar ‘home’ tonic chord of G major. This Em chord supports a similarly ominous E note in the melody (on the word “time”) when the ear would have subconsciously expected a less challenging G note, again representing the stable ‘home tone’ of our parent major scale in the key of G.

"Yes, we’ve heard an Em in the song before (in both the verse and the bridge) but not at what is the climax in terms of both the form and the lyrical theme. Here we would normally expect a Perfect cadence, with a D7 chord (the dominant in the key of G) cadencing to (or resolving to) G major - just as it does at the end of every seven-bar verse (first at 0.13).

"With apologies to Lennon/McCartney, this is what the same moment might have sounded like if they had gone for the predictable ‘perfect’ resolution of a ‘typical’ songwriter

Not A Second Time........with a Perfect Cadence instead"

Taken from: [aeoliancadence.co.uk]

But, of course, Lennon, commenting years later on this analysis, merely said, "To this day, I have no idea what [Aeolian cadences] are. They sound like exotic birds."

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 13, 2013 12:19

Kind of overpriced isn't it?
On Air-Live at the BBC Vol.2 [Doppel-CD]
[www.amazon.de]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 13, 2013 12:27

NoCode0680
Silver Dagger
NoCode0680
Sounds good, I'm in. I'm also in for one of the remastered Vol. 1's.

I've never been disappointed with any BBC release. Beatles, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Joy Division, Bowie, etc, etc.

The Who, The Yardbirds, The Pretty Things at the BBC - all great recordings and official releases too. Time the Stones at the Beeb came out officially.

I have all those except The Pretty Things. I don't have any of there stuff.

The Kinks too though. I love that version of The Village Green Preservation Society on there.

Here's a rare clip of them performing it live in 68.

Date: September 13, 2013 12:40

ironbelly
[www.amazon.de]

Yes, quite! 32.99 Euros equals $43.78 USD.

Volume 1 BBC goes for $33.69 (25.34 Euros) here [a U.S. mail-order retailer in the state of Connecticut]: [www.cduniverse.com]

New product is always sale-priced in the local record store chain I go to here in the northeastern U.S: [www.newburycomics.com]

So, for the first few weeks such a double-disc package retailing for $33.69 might instead go for only $25.99 (19.57 Euros).

I would avoid Scamazon, and seek out sale prices elsewhere, perhaps in local retail chains where you would actually have to drop in and make a purchase in person, because that 32.99 Euro price likely doesn't even include shipping and etc.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: September 13, 2013 15:23

well, you can preorder it on beatles.com and there it´s about 15 pounds...like amazon.co.uk, vinyl out of sight...

the other thing is, that on the first volume there are nearly 30 unreleased tracks, on this new one, there isn´t a handfull of them, also there ar some tracks doubled, think lucille, and sure to fall....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-13 15:25 by bluesinc..

Posted by: R ()
Date: September 13, 2013 16:53

Forgive my heresy, please, but I just don't give a rat's ass to hear anymore "new" old Beatles music.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 13, 2013 17:04

stonehearted
ironbelly
[www.amazon.de]

Yes, quite! 32.99 Euros equals $43.78 USD.

Volume 1 BBC goes for $33.69 (25.34 Euros) here [a U.S. mail-order retailer in the state of Connecticut]: [www.cduniverse.com]

Taking into account the fact that EU deluxe of Sweet Summer Sun on [www.amazon.de] is at the same price 32.99 Euros I feel I'll skip Beatles for now.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: September 13, 2013 17:30

R
Forgive my heresy, please, but I just don't give a rat's ass to hear anymore "new" old Beatles music.

Thank you for charing this invaluable information with us. I will never be able to understand why some people find it necessary to post in threads that they find completely uninteresting.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: September 13, 2013 17:34

stonehearted
Therein lies the secret of the Beatles' huge popularity--that millions were inspired to pick up the guitar knowing "I can do this too", whereas with the virtuoso treatment of Coltrane, only a very few could aspire to such a level as demanded of jazz musicians.

Pretty similar to Nirvana's popularity in the 90's. Wasn't complicated, any three kids with guitar/bass/drums could re-create it in their garage.

But as you pointed out, the Beatles weren't cut and dry simplicity. I have a hard time with Beatles songs, because those "Beatles chords" chap my ass. I know many people who have no difficulty with them, and aren't necessarily very good, but my hands find them very awkward.

The Beatles aren't as big as they are because of incredible technical skill. Well, Paul's bass is usually pretty spectacular, and I've always felt he was the best guitarist in the band as well.

As somebody else said, George got better, but he never became mind blowing. I saw an interview not long ago on YouTube, I think it was from around the period of Cloud Nine, in which he said he didn't practice guitar, he just picked it up when he needed to. Albums, tours, etc. I don't think he ever felt the need to be a great guitar player, none of the Beatles really needed to be. And of course he could call Eric or whoever in for that. He was the brains, and he could pull a crew together to get what he wanted. And he had people falling over themselves to play with him.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 13, 2013 18:13

Ronnie said he'd be by the radio to listen to every show.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: September 13, 2013 18:46

I have purple chicks Complete Beatles at the BBC (itself an update of the Great Dane (I think) set). I've cherry picked what I feel are the best performances, or the most unique performances plus some dialogue. The sound quality on this "new" set is unlikely to be that much of an improvement over the Purple Chick set. Further, what would make it worthwhile is if they had been able to find the "lost" BBC sessions that are mentioned in Unterberger's 'The Unrealesed Beatles". However even then, the only truly unique song from those is a performance of 'Three Cool Cats".
In short, it seems to me that if you can find the Purple Chick set (which isnt difficult) this is not essential.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 13, 2013 19:07

Here a nice boot of BBC-recorded tracks I've got, thus there's enough stuff to release (sorry for the emoticons):

BEAT, BEAT, BEAT

THE ROLLING STONES
Baby See Sessions [Cadec Disgues, 2CD]
Various radio sessions at the BBC from 1963 to 1965. Very good to excellent FM stereo. Remastered by TEAGUE RAW in 2011.
We shared a single disc version of the Stones’ BBC sessions in 2009. (Click here.)
At the time, it was considered the “best” version. Recently, a remastered version appeared with work done by “Teague Raw”, who apparently fixed the pitch. Our ears aren’t good enough to tell. But since we have never shared the complete BBC sessions, here are all the existing tracks, including ones that are not up to release-quality. More importantly, all known Stones BBC songs are on this version. The 2009 version we shared had 26 tracks compared to the 50 here.
As we said then “Neither the Stones nor (Allen) Klein’s ABKCO label can release this material without mutual consent.” Klein died in July 2009 and there’s still no sign of an official release. Maybe they think their fans will outlive Methuselah?
All artwork is by French fan Teague Raw. A huge thanks for his effort. The artwork is beautiful. Be aware that Teague Raw has just released his version of The Rolling Stones TV Sessions, a 3CD set. Unfortunately, the TAMI show and Ed Sullivan tracks are all officially released.
- The Little Chicken
DISC 1
Saturday Club (Brian Matthew)
Recorded Maida Vale, London : 23rd Sept. 1963 - Broadcast 26th Oct. 1963
Track 101. Come On (Chuck Berry) - 2:03 (4.6Mcool smiley
Track 102. Memphis Tennessee (Chuck Berry) - 2:18 (5.2Mcool smiley
Track 103. Roll over Beethoven (Chuck Berry) - 2:16 (5.2Mcool smiley
Recorded 3rd Feb. 1964 - Broadcast 8th Feb. 1964
Track 104. Don’t Lie To Me (Chuck Berry) - 1:43 (3.9Mcool smiley
Track 105. You Better Move On (Arthur Alexander) - 2:36 (5.9Mcool smiley
Track 106. I Wanna Be Your Man (John Lennon/Paul McCartney) - 1:49 (4.1Mcool smiley
Track 107. Mona (Ellas McDaniel) - 2:11 (4.9Mcool smiley
Track 108. Walking The Dog (Rufus Thomas) - 2:34 (5.9Mcool smiley
Track 109. Bye Bye Johnny (Chuck Berry) - 2:11 (4.9Mcool smiley
Saturday Club
Recorded live UK: Feb.-March 1964 - Broadcast 8th March 1964
Track 110. Roll Over Beethoven (Chuck Berry) - 2:22 (5.3Mcool smiley
Track 111. Beautiful Delilah (Chuck Berry) - 2:14 (5.1Mcool smiley
Blues in Rhythm (Long John Baldry)
Recorded Camden Theatre: - 19th March 1964
Track 112. Intro (519k)
Track 113. (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66 (Bobby Troup) - 2:29 (5.6Mcool smiley
Track 114. Intro (582k)
Track 115. Cops And Robbers (Kent L. Harris) - 3:43 (8.5Mcool smiley
Track 116. Intro (527k)
Track 117. You Better Move On (Arthur Alexander) - 2:45 (6.3Mcool smiley
Track 118. Intro (672k)
Track 119. Mona (Ellas McDaniel) - 2:49 (6.4Mcool smiley
The Joe Loss Pop Show (Joe Loss)
Recorded and broadcast 10th April 1964
Track 120. Hi-Heel Sneakers (Robert Higginbotham) - 1:56 (4.4Mcool smiley
Track 121. Little By Little (Nanker Phelge/Phil Spector) - 2:28 (5.6Mcool smiley
Track 122. I Just Want To Make Love To You (Willie Dixon) - 2:12 (5.0Mcool smiley
Track 123. I’m Moving On (Hank Snow) - 2:09 (4.9Mcool smiley
Recorded 13th April 1964 - Broadcast 18th April 1964
Track 124. I Just Want To Make Love To You (Willie Dixon) - 2:11 (5.0Mcool smiley
Track 125. Walking The Dog (Rufus Thomas) - 3:13 (7.2Mcool smiley
Track 126. Not Fade Away (Norman Petty/Charles Hardin Holly) - 2:04 (4.5Mcool smiley
Track 127. Beautiful Delilah (Chuck Berry) - 2:09 (4.8Mcool smiley
Track 128. Hi-Heel Sneakers (Robert Higginbotham) - 2:34 (5.8Mcool smiley
Track 129. Carol (Chuck Berry) - 2:30 (5.6Mcool smiley
DISC 2
Recorded 25th May 1964 - Broadcast: 6th June 1964
Track 201. Down In The Bottom (Willie Dixon) - 2:46 (6.2Mcool smiley
Track 202. You Can Make It If You Try (Ted Jarrett) - 2:12 (4.9Mcool smiley
Track 203. (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66 (Bobby Troup) - 2:28 (some clicks) (5.5Mcool smiley
Track 204. Confessin’ The Blues (Walter Brown/Jay McShann) - 3:02 (6.7Mcool smiley
Track 205. Down The Road Apiece (Don Raye) - 2:01 (4.4Mcool smiley
The Joe Loss Pop Show (Joe Loss)
Recorded and broadcast 17th July 1964
Track 206. It’s All Over Now (Bobby & Shirley Womack) - 3:26 (8.2Mcool smiley
Track 207. If You Need Me (Wilson Pickett/Robert Bateman) - 2:06 (4.7Mcool smiley
Track 208. Confessin’ The Blues (Walter Brown/Jay McShann) - 2:27 (5.7Mcool smiley
Track 209. Carol (Chuck Berry) - 2:42 (6.1Mcool smiley
Track 210. Mona (Ellas McDaniel) - 2:58 (6.7Mcool smiley
Top Gear (Brian Matthew)
Recorded 17th July 1964 - Broadcast 23rd July 1964
Track 211. Around And Around (Chuck Berry) - 2:45 (6.3Mcool smiley
Track 212. If You Need Me (Wilson Pickett/Robert Bateman) - 2:02 (4.6Mcool smiley
Track 213. I Can’t Be Satisfied (McKinley Morganfield) - 2:31 (5.6Mcool smiley
Track 214. Crackin’ Up (Ellas McDaniel) - 2:15 (5.1Mcool smiley
Rhythm and Blues (Alexis Korner)
Recorded 8th Oct.1964 - Broadcast 31st Oct.1964
Track 215. Ain’t That Lovin’ You (Jimmy Reed) - 1:52 (4.2Mcool smiley
Track 216. 2120 South Michigan Avenue (Naker Phelge) - 3:48 (8.6Mcool smiley
Top Gear (Brian Matthew)
Recorded Playhouse Theatre Studios 1st March 1965 - Broadcast 6th March 1965
Track 217. Down The Road Apiece (Don Raye) - 2:01 (4.5Mcool smiley
Track 218. Everybody Needs Somebody (Russell/Burke/Wexler) - 3:31 (8.0Mcool smiley
Track 219. The Last Time (Mick Jagger/Keith Richards) - 3:08 (7.0Mcool smiley
On both Yeh! Yeh!1 (Tony Hall) & Saturday Club 2 (Brian Matthew)
Recorded 20th Aug.1965 - First Broadcast 30th Aug.1965 - Second Broadcast 18th Sept.1965
Track 220. Mercy Mercy (Don Covay/Ron Miller)1 - 2:54 (6.4Mcool smiley
Track 221. Cry To Me (Bert Russel) - 3:06 (7.0Mcool smiley
Track 222. Fanny Mae (Buster Brown/Robinson or Waymon Glasco)2 - 2:13 (5.0Mcool smiley
Track 223. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (Mick Jagger/Keith Richards)1,2 - 3:46 (8.5Mcool smiley
Track 224. The Spider And The Fly (Mick Jagger/Keith Richards)1,2 - 3:26 (7.3Mcool smiley
Track 225. Oh Baby (We Got A Good Thing Going) (Barbara Lynn Ozen)1,2 - 1:53 (4.0Mcool smiley
Lineup:
Mick Jagger - lead and backing vocals, harmonica, percussion
Keith Richards - guitar, backing vocals
Brian Jones - guitar, harmonica, percussion, backing vocals
Charlie Watts - drums, percussion
Bill Wyman - bass guitar, backing vocals

Sweet Summer Sun v Beatles at The BBC Volume 2
Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: September 13, 2013 20:08

The final shoot out for greatness? Will the Stones finally eclipse the Beatles?

Re: Sweet Summer Sun v Beatles at The BBC Volume 2
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 13, 2013 20:25

BlackHat

>Sweet Summer Sun v Beatles at The BBC Volume 2<

Why compare a open-air-concert from 2013 with a Studio session from the 1960s ?

A final shoot out between the sales ?

I think it's not fair to compare both, because both releases are different things.

The only common thing is: they want our money ..... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-13 20:30 by Irix.

Re: Sweet Summer Sun v Beatles at The BBC Volume 2
Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: September 13, 2013 20:42

Irix
BlackHat

>Sweet Summer Sun v Beatles at The BBC Volume 2<

Why compare a open-air-concert from 2013 with a Studio session from the 1960s ?

A final shoot out between the sales ?

I think it's not fair to compare both, because both releases are different things.

The only common thing is: they want our money ..... winking smiley

Just wondering how JJ O Lantern will see the situation.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: September 13, 2013 20:43

NoCode0680
stonehearted

Pretty similar to Nirvana's popularity in the 90's. Wasn't complicated, any three kids with guitar/bass/drums could re-create it in their garage.

But as you pointed out, the Beatles weren't cut and dry simplicity. I have a hard time with Beatles songs, because those "Beatles chords" chap my ass. I know many people who have no difficulty with them, and aren't necessarily very good, but my hands find them very awkward.

The Beatles aren't as big as they are because of incredible technical skill. Well, Paul's bass is usually pretty spectacular, and I've always felt he was the best guitarist in the band as well.

As somebody else said, George got better, but he never became mind blowing. I saw an interview not long ago on YouTube, I think it was from around the period of Cloud Nine, in which he said he didn't practice guitar, he just picked it up when he needed to. Albums, tours, etc. I don't think he ever felt the need to be a great guitar player, none of the Beatles really needed to be. And of course he could call Eric or whoever in for that. He was the brains, and he could pull a crew together to get what he wanted. And he had people falling over themselves to play with him.

The Black Keys, another example...only two guys. And decent, basic rock and roll. But they're not as big as the Beatles were (or Nirvana for that matter).

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 13, 2013 23:32

I wonder if George Martin ever considered inviting someone like Jimmy Page or Big Jim Sullivan to help the Beatles out in the studio guitar-wise? After all, Martin bought in Andy White on drums - though be it, only for the one song - when he had initial doubts over Starr's abilities.

Date: September 14, 2013 00:31

nightskyman
NoCode0680
stonehearted

The Black Keys, another example...only two guys. And decent, basic rock and roll. But they're not as big as the Beatles were (or Nirvana for that matter).

It was also the circumstances leading up to their popularity that led to it. In the time of Nirvana we were coming out of a time of overly produced, very slick, often synth driven, rock music that kids couldn't re-create. It was a breath of fresh air. As was the rise of guitar bands in the UK, where popular music had been big bands, jazz, etc. What the Black Keys do right now is certainly a different take from what most bands are doing, but didn't re-invent the wheel, The White Stripes were doing the two person thing before them, and probably somebody before that. Not that Nirvana necessarily re-invented the wheel, but it was a big shift back to simplicity, as well as a different sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-14 00:32 by NoCode0680.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 14, 2013 01:03

stonehearted
whereas with the virtuoso treatment of Coltrane, only a very few could aspire to such a level as demanded of jazz musicians.

Thank you.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: September 14, 2013 01:58

Awesome! Does this mean all of the Beatles gear is now exhausted with regards to being officially released?

Somebody mentioned the Stones wouldn't release their BBC gear because they're mainly cover so therefore no money. If that were true they wouldn't have began releasing albums to begin with or put side 4 of LYL out or had so many covers on "Still life" from a tour that had a dbl albums worth of their original songs being played.

Plus there's plenty of money (most in fact) in that mechanical royalties.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 14, 2013 02:08

OzHeavyThrobber
Awesome! Does this mean all of the Beatles gear is now exhausted with regards to being officially released?

No, I don't think so. Isn't there a 9-CD bootleg set of their Radio recordings? They could probably fill a volume 3 easily, but I guess it would depend on the actual quality of the recordings. The amount of 'chatter' tracks on this Vol.2, leads me to believe that the number of releasable quality performances are not in abundance.

Date: September 14, 2013 02:10

Big Al
I wonder if George Martin ever considered inviting someone like Jimmy Page or Big Jim Sullivan to help the Beatles out in the studio guitar-wise? After all, Martin bought in Andy White on drums - though be it, only for the one song - when he had initial doubts over Starr's abilities.

I think that kind of notion went out the window after the band rejected the song from outside that he brought in for them to record--How Do You Do It? He wanted for them to record a number 1 record, after Love Me Do had only been top 20, and The Beatles turned it down, as McCartney explains in Anthology that when they went back to Liverpool "...we could not be seen....with that song." So they responded by writing a number 1 record themselves in Please Please Me.

Martin brought in Andy White for their first recording session because they had just made the switch from Pete Best and Martin didn't know who Ringo was at first, so he wanted to make sure the Beatles' drum sound was reliable enough quality-wise for that particular recording session. As it happened, Andy White plays on the single, but Ringo plays on the album, so it was not a question of Ringo's competence.

When it came to helping out on guitar, they had Paul. George couldn't handle the guitar solo on Taxman, so Paul stepped in and that's who can be heard on the record.

As it happens, aside from the string quartet on Yesterday, the first session musician to play on a Beatles record, besides Martin himself, was French horn player Alan Civil on the track For No One from Revolver.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 14, 2013 02:21

The first session musician contribution, aside from Andy White, was the tenor and alto flute by Johnnie Scott on You've Got To Hide Your Love Away from Help.

Overdubbed in February 1965 sometime after 14th, Yesterday was recorded in June.

How I wish such detailed information was so readily available for stones sessions!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-14 02:24 by His Majesty.

Date: September 14, 2013 02:33

Oh, yes--forgot about the flute in Hide Your Love Away.

And the first--and only--additional session guitarist was Clapton in '68.

Date: September 14, 2013 02:46

stonehearted
Oh, yes--forgot about the flute in Hide Your Love Away.

And the first--and only--additional session guitarist was Clapton in '68.

... not forgetting.

grinning smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 14, 2013 02:51

OzHeavyThrobber

No. There are, to begin with, enough BBC sessions for several volumes of this stuff.

OzHeavyThrobber
Somebody mentioned the Stones wouldn't release their BBC gear because they're mainly cover so therefore no money.

I did (although I didnt say they 'wouldnt', specifically. More that they would havelittle incentive),

OzHeavyThrobber
If that were true they wouldn't have began releasing albums to begin with or put side 4 of LYL out or had so many covers on "Still life" from a tour that had a dbl albums worth of their original songs being played.

Plus there's plenty of money (most in fact) in that mechanical royalties.

Um, yeah, but back then they were barely writing and had little alternative.

Plus their royalty and publishing rates in recent years (plus their insatiable thirst for $$) is incomparable compared to 1964 when they were pretty much evangelical when it came to 'preaching the gospel of R&B'. Theres no question they omitted songs from 40 Licks to replace them with J/R compositions and minimise the number of cover versions. Omitting Little Red Rooster (a #1 single) and Harlem Shuffle (meaning DW was the only album not represented) made no sense otherwise.

Date: September 14, 2013 03:29

Silver Dagger
NoCode0680
Silver Dagger
NoCode0680

I've never been disappointed with any BBC release. Beatles, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Joy Division, Bowie, etc, etc.

The Who, The Yardbirds, The Pretty Things at the BBC - all great recordings and official releases too. Time the Stones at the Beeb came out officially.

The Kinks too though. I love that version of The Village Green Preservation Society on there.

You sure you posted the right video? It's not a performance, it's a mish-mash of footage from various appearances and promotional films set to the BBC version. It's neat though.

Date: September 14, 2013 04:38

NoCode0680
Silver Dagger
NoCode0680
Silver Dagger
NoCode0680

You sure you posted the right video? It's not a performance, it's a mish-mash of footage from various appearances and promotional films set to the BBC version. It's neat though.

Here's a live clip from January 24, 1973 at BBC Television Center as part of the BBC's "In Concert" series.

Aside from the Playhouse Theatre 1968 BBC recording for radio, there don't seem to be performance clips from that year of VGPS--however, there is a 1969 television clip of The Kinks performing two songs from VGPS: The Last Of The Steam Powered Trains and Picture Book, from the BBC's One More With Felix (aka The Julie Felix show) on January 7, 1969, two months before Pete Quaife left:

Julie Felix performing on Dutch TV in 1967 (Fanclub on April 11).

Date: September 14, 2013 04:47

Live vocals over backing track which also features vocals.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: September 14, 2013 04:55

I wish Pink Floyd would release their BBC sessions. There is a Dark Side version complete from before the album was released.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2371
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home