Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

NEWS: Postproduction going well in France
Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: April 24, 2005 19:44

What I heard: After Mick, Keith and Charlie spent about six days of recording, it is now up to Chuckie to finish the songs within the next two months. As there are about at least four overdub-tracks to be filled with plinking on each song, this is quite a lot of work for this bearded god of Rock´n´Plink. Rehearsals for the tour are said to be delayed until Chuckie is satisfied with his work.

Also: Mick has brought in hard rocking Matt Clifford to rework most of the guitar tracks. Mick found that Keiths guitar sound was sometimes a bit too rough, so Matt will recreate the guitar work with his synthesizer. He has a great guitar simulation on it, so this will work perfectly - we surely all remember how great the harp on "Miss You" sounded live in 89/90! Why didn´t Matt play his synthie-harp on "Midnight Rambler" and "Can´t You Hear Me Knocking" during the Licks tour? Just because Mick didn´t want one more person to be on the payroll, he did it all by himself!

This time money doesn´t count that much for Mick, the Stones know that they have to put out quality work - so Matt was even ordered to play some Ronnie sounding parts with his guitar simulation keyboard sound. Let´s hope he´s going to be included on the tour - he and Chuckie are the unbeatable "Plinking Twins".

Re: NEWS: Postproduction going well in France
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: April 24, 2005 21:29

People over on shidoobee really believe you, it seems...

Posted by: davido ()
Date: April 24, 2005 22:27

I think I would like a rougher guitar
sound. I hope they don't go watering
this thing down, or overproducing it
with other instruments.................

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 24, 2005 23:31

Hahaha, thanks, great post. Six days of recording... grinning smiley

- Koen.

Posted by: sir_carlos ()
Date: April 24, 2005 23:39

where is Ronnie?

THE STONES RULE!!!

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: April 25, 2005 00:35

Hi tombstones,

Go listen to some Beatles halleluja songs - she loves YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, YAEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - blah, blah, blah......................................... happy, joyfull, bullshit songs........................
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, YAEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - blah, blah, blah
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, YAEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - blah, blah, blah

Date: April 25, 2005 01:10

You should take your medicine, country honk. Believe your doctor, it really helps.
No, you´re not different! It´s just other people that act strange.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: April 25, 2005 10:22

Do you seriously think that Keef would allow to overdub his guitar work in order to sound more clean or modern? He'd rather would break Matt Clifford's finger ...

Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 25, 2005 10:51

initially on stage (thanks Chuck for the riff), now in studio...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 25, 2005 11:54

First track on Steel Wheels comes to mind....

Date: April 25, 2005 11:58

Come on guys, where´s your humour? Sometimes I just can´t believe it...
It´s Sad Sad Sad when you have to explain fun.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 25, 2005 12:08

the idiocy of some fans in taking at face value what is obviously a joke never ceases to amaze me

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1663
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home