Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: Ronnie & Rod Stewart - London, September 9
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: September 19, 2013 23:19

duke richardson
>>I saw them in 75 with Tetsu on bass and Jesse Ed Davis on second guitar. It was loose and sloppy and they didn't come back for an encore. And, except for the Stones in 73, it's my favorite live show among the 500 or so I've seen in my life

I saw one of those '75 Faces shows ..then later Ronnie and the Stones the same year..

a busy year for Mr. Wood..the man is amazing..
I saw that tour as well... Yes it was memorable, I'll never forget everyone leaving their instruments to sing the ac-a-pela parts on Losing You. I remember being quite impressed by Ronnie's guitar playing and of course Rod was fantastic back then.. Peter Frampton opened touring behind "Comes Alive" before it became a phenomena. Frampton was great as well, there were allot of great bands playing in 1975 thru 1977. Tull, Zep, Who, 461 Clapton, Yes, ELP, Floyd, The Dead, The Allmans, Little Feat, Jefferson Starship just off the top of my head... I saw something great twice a week in those days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-19 23:26 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 20, 2013 07:41

DoomandGloom
duke richardson
>>I saw them in 75 with Tetsu on bass and Jesse Ed Davis on second guitar. It was loose and sloppy and they didn't come back for an encore. And, except for the Stones in 73, it's my favorite live show among the 500 or so I've seen in my life

I saw one of those '75 Faces shows ..then later Ronnie and the Stones the same year..

I saw that tour as well... Yes it was memorable, I'll never forget everyone leaving their instruments to sing the ac-a-pela parts on Losing You. I remember being quite impressed by Ronnie's guitar playing and of course Rod was fantastic back then.. Peter Frampton opened touring behind "Comes Alive" before it became a phenomena. Frampton was great as well, there were allot of great bands playing in 1975 thru 1977. Tull, Zep, Who, 461 Clapton, Yes, ELP, Floyd, The Dead, The Allmans, Little Feat, Jefferson Starship just off the top of my head... I saw something great twice a week in those days.

I saw the Stones for the first time in '75, then saw the Faces with Ronnie, Tetsu, and Jesse Ed Davis. Phenomenal.

Date: September 20, 2013 10:07

71Tele
DoomandGloom
duke richardson

I saw the Stones for the first time in '75, then saw the Faces with Ronnie, Tetsu, and Jesse Ed Davis. Phenomenal.

Lucky you! thumbs up

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 20, 2013 19:14

DoomandGloom
duke richardson

Very true and I would mention the Ronnie Van Zant era Skynyrd in that list too.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: September 20, 2013 19:22

duke richardson
>>(regarding 1975)

It was not only that year, Duke! There was truth in Pete Townshend's advice for Ronnie to join the Stones "as they don't tour that often". Ronnie hadn't had more than two weeks off in a row since Christmas 1966.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 21, 2013 02:38

"charity events are nice but i want to make some money"-ian mclagan

thats what it comes down to,ian mclagan wanting to cash in and some fans wanting it to be 1975 again,guess what?nobody cares.

i liked the faces,they were a good band but its not rod stewarts responsibility for mac to make money or the old fans to live out their past.

ronnie joined the stones,kenny jones joined the who and rod became a successful solo act.they are all set for life. if mac had gotten the stones gig he wouldnt be whining about rod not putting a band together that broke up when he was 30 years old.

if rod stewart is a vegas act or has a bunch of old ladies coming to his shows or whatever,so what? the boy has made it in a world where many others havent.

he didnt get fat or become a drunk or a drug addict,he survived cancer, getting divorced and changing music trends that have killed alot of careers along the way and he's still around.

the faces died with ronnie lane and when ron wood bailed that was the final straw,again- not rod stewarts fault or problem.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 21, 2013 14:01

lem motlow
i liked the faces,they were a good band but its not rod stewarts responsibility for mac to make money or the old fans to live out their past.

the faces died with ronnie lane and when ron wood bailed that was the final straw,again- not rod stewarts fault or problem.

Yet it's Rod who keeps talking about getting back together with The Faces.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 21, 2013 19:59

DandelionPowderman
71Tele
DoomandGloom
duke richardson

Lucky you! thumbs up

I think Ronnie was at the height of his powers then. He was a real force with Tthe Faces on that stage. Personally, I don't think he ever reached that level again with the Stones, but that's a different thread (or a hundred threads) smoking smiley

Rod, Ronnie, Faces and Stones
Date: October 20, 2013 03:37

From the Daily Mail, citing their usual nameless source. Take with a sizable pinch of salt.

About Face! Rod Stewart's cash demands foil rock reunion

By Mail On Sunday Diary

PUBLISHED: 19:02 EST, 19 October 2013

Plans for rock legends the Faces to reunite have broken down over the pay demands of lead singer Rod Stewart – and the fact that Ronnie Wood will be touring with the Rolling Stones.

The hotly anticipated reunion of the group, who split in 1975, was shelved because Rod wanted the lion’s share of any tour profits.

According to a source close to the group, the 68-year-old argued that as the lead singer he remains the most famous member of the band’s original line-up.

'Rod’s team wanted him to get a larger share of the profits because he was the original frontman of the group,’ said the source.

‘But Ronnie has made a name for himself as a huge star with the Stones since being in the Faces and the rest of the band didn’t agree that Rod should get such a big cut of the money.

‘They couldn’t agree on an arrangement that would suit them all and thought it best to leave it alone to maintain their friendships.’

Another nail in the coffin of the proposed reunion of the influential band – whose hits included Stay With Me – is guitarist Ronnie’s plan to tour with the Stones next year.

‘They are arranging dates around the world,’ a source added. ‘They will also headline the opening of Australia’s revamped Adelaide Oval cricket ground next year.’

Rumours the Faces were planning a reunion started in June with drummer Kenney Jones saying: ‘We all want to do a Faces tour to get it off our chests. We parted in the wrong way and it would put that wrong to right.’

Rod – who famously had six consecutive No1 albums as a solo artist – added: ‘I’d like to return. Ronnie and I talk about it, and when the Stones finish – Mick [Jagger] is several years older than me – we’ll have an opportunity, if we’re not on Zimmers.’

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Jeff Beck's truth
Date: October 20, 2013 18:44

From an interview with Billboard's Gary Graff. Jeff Beck puts the kibosh on Rod's talk of a Jeff Beck Group reunion:

As he's looking towards the future, this year also marks a key anniversary in Beck's music career -- 45 yeas since the release of the first Jeff Beck Group album, "Truth." He has fond memories of and high regard for that time, but Beck says he sees no point in commemorating it, despite frequent reports about pending projects with Rod Stewart.

"He doesn't sound the same. The timbre of his voice has changed, and therefore there's no point in trying to do 'Truth 2' or anything like that," Beck explains. "He should've called me 25 years ago for that, or when I did 'People Get Ready' with him (in 1985) would've been a good time. But his manager didn't want that. I don't think he wants to lose his boy back into my evil clutches, so that never happened."

Beck says he and Stewart have not been able to connect for something in more recent years and advises that his former bandmate "has got to focus. I've already done 11 demos for (Stewart), and he said they were in the wrong key. So there's the commitment; he didn't even tell me which key to do these tracks. But I don't want these sour grapes. He prefers (soccer), and maybe that's the problem. I'm not holding my breath."

[www.billboard.com]

OT: Rod Stewart's Cash Demands For Faces Reunion
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 20, 2013 07:16

The article also goes on to mention that the Rolling Stones are set to perform in Australia next year.

From the Mail Online :-

About Face! Rod Stewart's cash demands foil rock reunion

By MAIL ON SUNDAY DIARY

Plans for rock legends the Faces to reunite have broken down over the pay demands of lead singer Rod Stewart – and the fact that Ronnie Wood will be touring with the Rolling Stones.
The hotly anticipated reunion of the group, who split in 1975, was shelved because Rod wanted the lion’s share of any tour profits.
According to a source close to the group, the 68-year-old argued that as the lead singer he remains the most famous member of the band’s original line-up.
Call off the hugs: Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart will not be reuniting with the Faces due to Rod's pay demands and Ronnie's tour schedule
Call off the hugs: Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart will not be reuniting with the Faces due to Rod's pay demands and Ronnie's tour schedule
‘Rod’s team wanted him to get a larger share of the profits because he was the original frontman of the group,’ said the source.
‘But Ronnie has made a name for himself as a huge star with the Stones since being in the Faces and the rest of the band didn’t agree that Rod should get such a big cut of the money.

‘They couldn’t agree on an arrangement that would suit them all and thought it best to leave it alone to maintain their friendships.’
Another nail in the coffin of the proposed reunion of the influential band – whose hits included Stay With Me – is guitarist Ronnie’s plan to tour with the Stones next year.

‘They are arranging dates around the world,’ a source added. ‘They will also headline the opening of Australia’s revamped Adelaide Oval cricket ground next year.’

Rumours the Faces were planning a reunion started in June with drummer Kenney Jones saying: ‘We all want to do a Faces tour to get it off our chests. We parted in the wrong way and it would put that wrong to right.’
Rod – who famously had six consecutive No1 albums as a solo artist – added: ‘I’d like to return. Ronnie and I talk about it, and when the Stones finish – Mick [Jagger] is several years older than me – we’ll have an opportunity, if we’re not on Zimmers.’

Re: OT: Rod Stewart's Cash Demands For Faces Reunion
Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: October 20, 2013 07:39

Rod's a big fat dickhead.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: October 20, 2013 07:47

So how much is Rod's cash demand? smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 20, 2013 07:50

Rod's rock and roll voice is shot. He's not in the same stage shape as Ron Wood, who seems to entertain these rumored Faces reunions to help out Jones and Ian.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 20, 2013 08:21

what a surprise. All those here (not me) who predicted this (that Rod was just blowing smoke all along) step up.

I mean, isn't this like Franco is still dead?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-20 08:23 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 20, 2013 08:57

I (unfortunately) said right at the beginning it was never going to happen. Its a classic Rod move, that he likes to bring it up when he has something to promote, or even better when he has NOTHING to promote and just wants attention and knows there are too many factors for it to actually be taken seriously. What a @#$%&. An entitled @#$%& that plays with FANS that don't really care anymore, but would love to cling to the idea once its brought up. Sorry, but the fact that he's done this so many times shows what a total @#$%& he is.

And this is the problem with Ronnie. Jesus, you see the guy and laugh with him all the time, why not once sit down and say "why the hell do you keep doing this with the Faces?" Like, seriously just sit down and ask him in a serious manner. I'm a huge Ronnie fan, but thats a flaw with him that he can't just get serious about that stuff. Then again, thats exactly why the Stones have him. He's never going to cause a ruckus and Mick and Keith never have to worry about him struggling for too much power.

Jesus... @#$%&.

EDIT: I'm reading more of the article now that Ronnie did stand up for himself. So I don't take back everything I said, but looks like I am wrong on a level about that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-20 08:59 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 20, 2013 10:32

Big Al

From the Mail Online:

According to a source close to the group .....

..... a source added

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: October 20, 2013 12:17

I think that even Ronnie a big fat dickhead! just read the article above .....essentially on two dickheads!!!!!!! Keith Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: October 20, 2013 12:33

How much money does Stewart actually need?!
I'm almost starting to pity these people who are so divorced from reality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-20 12:36 by bonddm.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: October 20, 2013 20:41

what about that "Stones touring 'round the world next year" - press bullshit or leaked from Faces insiders?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 20, 2013 22:15

It has to be said...............Mick Hucknell is a better singer nowadays .

They were great in 2011 cool smiley

sc uk

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: October 20, 2013 23:01

RollingFreak
I (unfortunately) said right at the beginning it was never going to happen. Its a classic Rod move, that he likes to bring it up when he has something to promote, or even better when he has NOTHING to promote and just wants attention and knows there are too many factors for it to actually be taken seriously. What a @#$%&. An entitled @#$%& that plays with FANS that don't really care anymore, but would love to cling to the idea once its brought up. Sorry, but the fact that he's done this so many times shows what a total @#$%& he is.

And this is the problem with Ronnie. Jesus, you see the guy and laugh with him all the time, why not once sit down and say "why the hell do you keep doing this with the Faces?" Like, seriously just sit down and ask him in a serious manner. I'm a huge Ronnie fan, but thats a flaw with him that he can't just get serious about that stuff. Then again, thats exactly why the Stones have him. He's never going to cause a ruckus and Mick and Keith never have to worry about him struggling for too much power.

Jesus... @#$%&.

EDIT: I'm reading more of the article now that Ronnie did stand up for himself. So I don't take back everything I said, but looks like I am wrong on a level about that.

Ronnie is in the Stones so he does not need a Faces reunion other than for the fun of it so why should he get upset with Rod? Besides Ronnie is very easy going an probably values his friendship with Rod over a money squabble.

Even that grumpy old prick Jeff Beck stayed friends with Woody so that should tell you something.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 20, 2013 23:02

Thank goodness the Stones are not touring make lots of money smoking smiley

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 21, 2013 03:29

When Eric Clapton reunited Cream in 2007 did he demand the lion's share? Highly doubtful. Eric is the kind of guy who was happy to see his former bandmates make a good payday. Eric didn't need the money but they did

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: October 21, 2013 03:40

owlbynite

'Bout a hundred dollars.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 21, 2013 03:48

That's about all he's worth nowadays. He's a joke and needs to stick with his American song book schtick.

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: October 21, 2013 04:59

What did Rod mean, 'when the Stones finish'? For good or for the tour? He's a piece of work. I agree with the other posters, his rock and roll days are long gone and dried up.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 21, 2013 05:29

TippyToe
Rod's a big fat dickhead.

So if they reunite will he be the big fat headdick?

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 21, 2013 05:49

???

Rod Stewart 85%
Everyone else split 15% (After expenses)

Would be my guess.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: October 21, 2013 06:54

MILKYWAY
owlbynite

'Bout a hundred dollars.
cool smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1931
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home