Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Arcade Fire on SNL
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: September 29, 2013 22:36

They suck without Mick.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: September 29, 2013 22:44

NoCode0680
More Hot Rocks
I just agreed with spsimmons's comment. Look above. You have a short memory. You then became douchey with me. Have a nice day.

You might want to read your own posts More Hot Rocks. spsimmons said he/she didn't understand the appeal (I agree with that as well). You're the one that said the only reason people around here talk about them is because of Mick appearing with them with SNL.

OK Ill spell it out for you. They suck.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: September 29, 2013 22:53

Wow.. I am surprised so many of you dislike the band. For me they are right up there with Tame Impala in terms of modern bands that move me. Fantastic band who make great ALBUMS. They do NOT make hit singles. Their fans love their work in terms of albums...

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: September 29, 2013 22:59

RockinJive
NoCode0680
More Hot Rocks
I just agreed with spsimmons's comment. Look above. You have a short memory. You then became douchey with me. Have a nice day.

You might want to read your own posts More Hot Rocks. spsimmons said he/she didn't understand the appeal (I agree with that as well). You're the one that said the only reason people around here talk about them is because of Mick appearing with them with SNL.

OK Ill spell it out for you. They suck.

I never said they were good.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 30, 2013 04:01

crholmstrom
They preempted it in Seattle. There's a locally produced comedy show "The 206" that shows post SNL. They showed that instead. Unfortunate.

What do you mean? I live in Seattle and it was on my TV.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 30, 2013 04:26

I'm surprised by this reaction too. I've never liked them, but I have given them a chance and everyone else I know loves them. I swear, I was on a trip last year and someone said "just listen to the Suburbs. Its amazing" and I nearly fell asleep while driving. I like a few songs by them "Ready To Start", "Keep The Car Running", but most of their stuff goes right by me.

I didn't like them last night, but they are still a big deal and people would be talking about them no matter if they backed Mick up or not. I'm surprised so many people think thats actually the reason they are being mentioned here. In fact, a lot of their fans seemed to really not like the direction they took last night and almost everyone I know is pretty upset. Guess we'll have to see what the reaction is when the album does come out.

Re: OT: Arcade Fire
Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: September 30, 2013 10:35

crholmstrom
They are going to be musical guest on first SNL of the year, 9/28. Tina Fey host.

I saw it. Particularly liked the extra 1/2 hr the band did after the show, hope it's a new precedent for musical acts! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-30 10:39 by owlbynite.

OT: Arcade Fire Leaks Complete New Album on Youtube
Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 25, 2013 02:42

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 16:27 by camper88.

Re: OT: Arcade Fire Leaks Complete New Album on Youtube
Date: October 25, 2013 03:22

Many bands have leaked/released their albums in a similar manner in recent years, ever since Radiohead put out In Rainbows. At least that's the first example I can think of. Pearl Jam did something similar a couple of weeks ago. It's a good move for established bands. They're not losing any money by doing it, because the fan base that were going to buy it anyway (and many probably pre-ordered it) are still going to do so. It was going to be available as a torrent when it was released anyway, so putting it out free themselves likely has no affect on sales, except for a positive one because of the larger exposure they get by making such a move.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 25, 2013 11:12

Yeah, I can't think of anyone that hasn't done this in at least the last 2 years. Probably the last 3 or 4.

I will say I have not seen anyone do it with an hour long video, so thats new.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 25, 2013 11:32

Didn't The Stones leak "A Bigger Bang" on their website?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 25, 2013 12:40

Wild Slivovitz
Didn't The Stones leak "A Bigger Bang" on their website?

Yes

Date: October 25, 2013 12:46

While leaking their album on YT, AF insists on journalists signing a contract saying that they can't write a word (not even on Twitter or in other social media) about the album (CD) before they heard all the songs... confused smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 25, 2013 17:00

DandelionPowderman
While leaking their album on YT, AF insists on journalists signing a contract saying that they can't write a word (not even on Twitter or in other social media) about the album (CD) before they heard all the songs... confused smiley

How is that even possible...every journalist in the world wanting to write a review is forced to sign a contract?

It doesn't make sense and couldn't be enforced.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: October 25, 2013 18:44

Is it just me or does anyone else see/hear a similarity between Arcade Fire and Roxy Music?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 25, 2013 21:24

Bungo
Is it just me or does anyone else see/hear a similarity between Arcade Fire and Roxy Music?

A good friend of mine gave me a CD of Roxy Music in the early 2000s. I never saw the comparison (and I hate Roxy Music) BUT I will say you are not alone! A friend I really respect too!

LOVE the new album... Right up there with Tame Impala's latest

Date: October 25, 2013 21:52

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

How is that even possible...every journalist in the world wanting to write a review is forced to sign a contract?

Hence the confused smiley

But it is true...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 25, 2013 23:06

flacnvinyl
Bungo

A good friend of mine gave me a CD of Roxy Music in the early 2000s. I never saw the comparison (and I hate Roxy Music) BUT I will say you are not alone! A friend I really respect too!

Like what I've heard today and will definitely buy. Reviews are all over the place, even the good ones comment negatively on how long it is. People don't have the attention span that long anymore...haha. Smart idea breaking up 80minutes worth of music over 2 cd's. You only have to listen to 40 minutes at a time.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 25, 2013 23:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 16:27 by camper88.

Date: October 25, 2013 23:51

Maindefender
flacnvinyl
Bungo

Like what I've heard today and will definitely buy. Reviews are all over the place, even the good ones comment negatively on how long it is. People don't have the attention span that long anymore...haha. Smart idea breaking up 80minutes worth of music over 2 cd's. You only have to listen to 40 minutes at a time.

I haven't listened to the whole thing, just heard some songs, so I don't know. But the complaints I've heard (even from die hard fans) isn't that it's too long, it's long for the sake of being long. Like they stretched it out for the purpose of making it a double album. Though 75 minutes (the length of the album according to all sources I've read) still should fit on one CD right? Apparently the last 6 minutes of the album is just the sound of the entire album being rewound like a tape at high speed.

I'll hold off judgement until I hear the whole thing, but that's what I've heard so far.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 26, 2013 01:12

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

Hence the confused smiley

But it is true...

Oh...you see the emoticons don't necessarily convey our true emotions. I took that to mean you were sad and a little dazed.

Posted by: Jackglfc ()
Date: October 26, 2013 13:17

I received the vinyl and cd today, time to see if its any good smiling smiley

Tour will be announced soon, they've announced gigs in tiny venues so far. Hopefully they'll play clubs in the UK too

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home