Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Date: November 29, 2013 19:55

Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Good grief, is it my imagination or are there more college games, both FB and BB, being played today than any other day in history?

I seem to recall maybe a couple of college football games played the day after, and maybe a couple of BB games, but it looks like there are 18 college football games and 50 college basketball games being played today/tonight... and then the usual 400 college football games being played tomorrow.

First year Iron Bowl will played on Saturday as opposed to today. The whole country needs for Auburn to win that game.

Miami - Pitt CFF 3:30. If Miami would have beaten Duke last week this game would be for an ACC Title game against FSU.

Tomorrow, I think UNC will be beat Duke tomorrow and allow a Va Tech vs FSU game for the ACC Championship. In other words, it lookss lie the Noles control their own destiny to win it all.

The sexual assault allegations against J. Winston doesn't seem to have legs.

Also, concerning BB I recommend checking out the Duke-Arizona Tilt around 6:00 PM. Neutral Court, but that Parker kid is pretty damn good.

college basketball tipoff tournaments are always thanksgiving week so not sure why people are saying there are so many college BB and FB games today.

anyways i am a huge duke fan and want some revenge on arizona from the ncaa tourney a few years ago. arizona is bigger down low which could cause some problems for duke. duke needs to attack the basket and get those guys in foul trouble. parker and rodney hood need to stay out of foul trouble for duke and finally duke needs to play defense the way they did the other night against alabama.

what about mike tomlin pulling that move last night on the kick return? what a cheater

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 29, 2013 20:13

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Good grief, is it my imagination or are there more college games, both FB and BB, being played today than any other day in history?

I seem to recall maybe a couple of college football games played the day after, and maybe a couple of BB games, but it looks like there are 18 college football games and 50 college basketball games being played today/tonight... and then the usual 400 college football games being played tomorrow.

First year Iron Bowl will played on Saturday as opposed to today. The whole country needs for Auburn to win that game.

Miami - Pitt CFF 3:30. If Miami would have beaten Duke last week this game would be for an ACC Title game against FSU.

Tomorrow, I think UNC will be beat Duke tomorrow and allow a Va Tech vs FSU game for the ACC Championship. In other words, it lookss lie the Noles control their own destiny to win it all.

The sexual assault allegations against J. Winston doesn't seem to have legs.

Also, concerning BB I recommend checking out the Duke-Arizona Tilt around 6:00 PM. Neutral Court, but that Parker kid is pretty damn good.

college basketball tipoff tournaments are always thanksgiving week so not sure why people are saying there are so many college BB and FB games today.

anyways i am a huge duke fan and want some revenge on arizona from the ncaa tourney a few years ago. arizona is bigger down low which could cause some problems for duke. duke needs to attack the basket and get those guys in foul trouble. parker and rodney hood need to stay out of foul trouble for duke and finally duke needs to play defense the way they did the other night against alabama.

what about mike tomlin pulling that move last night on the kick return? what a cheater

NFL investigating. They should suspend him for at least 4 games. I'm sure the Rooney's aren't happy.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 30, 2013 18:01

Dalton or Brees (FFL) - (It's only Saturday) Source: NOLA.com (Tis is very unpredictable).

New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks: Scouting Report - New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks

Saints vs. Seahawks 2013

New Orleans Saints get to prove they're no 'dome team' vs. Seahawks

New Orleans Saints preparing for cold, rainy weather at Seattle on Monday night League fines New Orleans Saints' Cam Jordan $10,000 for hit on Falcons' ,.

New Orleans Saints' Friday injury report remains same as Thursday's report

How concerned are you about the weather during Monday night's game vs. the Seattle Seahawks?

The last time the New Orleans Saints ventured to the Pacific Northwest, they came up short in the NFC wild-card round of the playoffs against the Seattle Seahawks after the 2010 regular season.

Black and Gold Today: Saints-Seahawks matchups to watch, part 1 Sports reporter Rachel Whittaker and sports columnist Jeff Duncan tell you what to watch for as the Saints battle the Seahawks Monday night. New Orleans dropped a 41-36 wild-card playoff game in Seattle in 2011, so what's different this time around? Plus, review the latest Saints trivia challenge.

It isn't the playoffs yet, but the "Monday Night Football" clash between the top two teams in the NFC will be huge. This showdown at CenturyLink Field will give one team an edge in the battle for home-field advantage and for two teams that are invincible at home, the stakes couldn't be higher.

It would appear the 10-1 Seahawks, who are coming off a bye week, are the favorites to hold serve at home, where second-year quarterback Russell Wilson has never lost in his career. Seattle, which is on a six-game winning streak, has won 13 straight games at CenturyLink Field, including all five this season.

The Seahawks and Saints (9-2) are similar in that they both have explosive offenses that can put up points, and they both have opportunistic defenses that get after the quarterback.

The strength-on-strength matchup between the Seahawks' secondary and the Saints' passing attack has been heavily anticipated. The Seahawks are the No. 2 pass defense in the NFL, while the Saints boast the second-best passing offense in the league.

The matchup pits Saints receivers Marques Coltson, Lance Moore and tight end Jimmy Graham, versatile running back Darren Sproles and quarterback Drew Brees against a physical Seattle secondary that includes cornerback Richard Sherman and safeties Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor.

But the matchup took a little bit of hit earlier this week with the news that starting cornerback Brandon Browner is being suspended for a year after reportedly testing positive for a banned substance and his backup, Walter Thurmond, is facing a four-game ban for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

Browner would not have played Monday because of a groin injury. But with Thurmond possibly out, the Seahawks are scrambling to replace him. There is always the chance Thurmond could be in the lineup Monday night if he appeals the suspension, but indications are he won't fight it so he can be available for the playoffs.

But the showdown should still hold plenty of excitement. A key area will be in the ground game, where Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch is having an outstanding season. The Saints have shown signs of improvement stopping the run in recent weeks, but Lynch will be the best back they have faced this season.

SEAHAWKS OFFENSE

The Seahawks have some explosive pieces like receivers Golden Tate and Percy Harvin along with Lynch. But make no mistake, Wilson makes this offense go as a dual-threat quarterback.

Wilson is having the type of season that has him in the NFL MVP conversation along with Peyton Manning and Brees. Wilson is coming off an outstanding performance against the Minnesota Vikings in which he had a passer rating of 151.4 (out of 158.3). He currently holds the fourth-best passer rating through the first 11 games at 105.1. Wilson is completing 64 percent of his passes and has thrown 19 touchdowns and six interceptions, but he also has six fumbles.

Wilson's job has been made a little easier now that Harvin, who was acquired from Minnesota in an offseason trade, made his debut against the Vikings after having hip surgery in August. The speedy Harvin makes the passing offense that much more explosive with Tate off to a hot start with 42 catches for 600 yards and four touchdowns. Wide receivers Doug Baldwin (36 catches, 586 yards and three touchdowns) and Jermaine Kearse (13 catches, 246 yards, four touchdowns) along with tight end Zach Miller (22 catches, 248 yards, three touchdowns) also have put up impressive numbers. Six of the Seahawks' receiving targets have caught at least two passing touchdowns.

The offense is all the more dangerous because of Lynch. He is the NFL's third-leading rusher with 925 yards and nine rushing touchdowns while averaging 4.4 yards per carry. Lynch is coming off a three-touchdown performance against the Vikings. The Seahawks' offense has been helped with the return of Pro Bowl left tackle Russell Okung and right tackle Breno Giacomini a couple of weeks ago from injuries.

SEAHAWKS DEFENSE

Confusion rules when it comes to the Seahawks' defense. Is it a 4-3 or 3-4 alignment? It is hard to tell. And that's exactly the goal.

The Seahawks' multiple fronts and physical secondary have made it difficult for offenses. Seattle leads the league with 26 takeaways and is tied for the lead in interceptions with 16. The front is led by linebackers Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright and defensive linemen Tony Daniel and Red Bryant. The Seahawks pressure quarterbacks and against the Vikings, they all but shut down dynamic running back Adrian Peterson in their 41-20 win. Peterson was limited to 65 yards on 21 carries, while Wagner and Wright both registered nine tackles each. Wagner also recorded sack and an interception.

But the heart of the Seahawks' defense is its secondary, where Sherman, Thomas and Chancellor dominate. They have the size and speed to avoid any matchup problems against a big-time receiving threat like Graham. The Seahawks rank second in the NFL in yards allowed (293.3 yards per game) and passing yards yielded (180.4).

Reserve cornerbacks Byron Maxwell and Jeremy Lane will likely fill Thurmond's void, but the there is a chance the Seahawks could bring back veteran Antoine Winfield, who was in their camp this summer and then retired after being cut. Longtime Seahawk Marcus Trufant was also given a tryout Monday.

SEAHAWKS SPECIAL TEAMS

Peter Carroll's willingness to allow starters to contribute on special teams has served to make Seattle's units among the best in the NFL.

Tate ranks fifth in punt return average at 12.9 yards per return. While others have handled the kickoff return duties, Harvin showed his explosiveness when he made a 58-yard kickoff return against Minnesota.

The Seahawks have amassed 395 yards in punt returns, while they have allowed opponents a total of only 15 yards. A lot of that has to do with gunners Heath Farewell and Jeremy Lane.

Kicker Steven Hauschka is 24-of-25 on field goal attempts, his only miss a block against the Indianapolis Colts. He leads the league in points with 104. Punter Jon Ryan is averaging 43.4 yards and netting 40.4 yards; he has pinned opponents inside the 20-yard line 18 times.

THE LAST TIME THEY MET

Jan. 8, 2011, Qwest Field

It was already an insult that the Saints, the defending Super Bowl champs and a team with an 11-5 record, had to hit the road against a 7-9 Seattle squad that had become the first team in NFL history to win its division with a losing record.

But it only got worse as the Seahawks and quarterback Matt Hasselbeck rallied from deficits of 10-0 and 17-7 and then held on for one of the biggest upsets in NFL playoff history -- a 41-36 victory -- in their NFC wild-card matchup.

The Seahawks outscored the Saints 24-3 during the second and third quarters. Hasselbeck finished with 272 yards passing and four touchdowns.

Lynch finished with 131 yards on 19 carries and had the play of the game, maybe of the playoffs, on a 67-yard touchdown run. Lynch broke at least six tackles on the run, which included stiff arming cornerback Tracy Porter to the turf on the way into the end zone, to put the Seahawks up 41-30 late in the fourth quarter and all but seal the game.

The Saints' defense allowed the Seahawks to rack up 415 yards of offense and 6.8 yards per carry.

Brees completed a playoff-record 39 passes on 60 passing attempts for 404 yards and two touchdowns. Brees seemed on the verge of rallying the Saints before Lynch's 67-yard scoring run.

Date: December 1, 2013 10:20

I love the way Auburn beat Alabama. I thought I'd had seen it all. Return a missed FG for a TD on the final play was a phenomial feat.

It's looking like FSU versus ??? OSU? Auburn? or even Alabama? for the championship?

In other words, Duke had a great year but they will not beat the Noles.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-01 10:51 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 1, 2013 12:48

Chris Fountain
I love the way Auburn beat Alabama. I thought I'd had seen it all. Return a missed FG for a TD on the final play was a phenomial feat.

It's looking like FSU versus ??? OSU? Auburn? or even Alabama? for the championship?

I've watched a lot of football in my life. While I'm not as hardcore about the college game, I've watched more than usual this year because I've been laid up. The end of the Iron Bowl was maybe the best, most exciting finish to any football game I've ever seen. If not the best, it was right up there. Did you hear the call by the Auburn announcer? Classic! Nice weekend with the preliminaries, now on to the big boys. Looking forward to KC/Denver today although I'm going to have switch back & forth with the Rams/Whiners game. Then on to the main event tomorrow. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!! PS: Has just came out, Harvin is doubtful. Aggravated hip. No matter, I think the Hawks still win it in a close game. The weather is going to be typical December crappy (rain, wind with maybe a little snow mixed in). Combine that with trying to get the stadium noise record back & I don't like NO's chances.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 2, 2013 02:48

Kansas City - What a joke for a football team. Again they will lose the rest of the season.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 2, 2013 02:49

Bills? What a choke. It figures.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 2, 2013 03:09

What a great game!!! That was fun to watch.
Just a close end zone non-reception away from
being a tie as the clock wound down. FUN!!

I have never seen a QB get rid of a ball
faster than Manning has these last 2 games. Good for him.

I am not so interested in tonight's game as
I am ready for another close game tomorrow night,
SEATTLE V NEW ORLEANS,,, that should be another great game.

Then... saddly only 4 weeks left in a the season, NFL2013-14 sure went by quick.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 2, 2013 03:32

Well my Bears sucked again today, losing to the Vikings and pretty much kissing any playoff chances goodbye! The OT was so strange, with the Vikings kicking the winning field goal, only to be called for a face mask. Then Gould missing a 47 yarder. Memo to Mark Trestman, you're not coaching up here in the CFL anymore with 3 downs! Trying for the field goal on second down in OT? WTF?!? Also, the Bears stand a better chance of winning if they can hold Peterson to under 200 yards rushing in a game! What pathetic tackling.

Date: December 2, 2013 03:42

DGA35
Well my Bears sucked again today, losing to the Vikings and pretty much kissing any playoff chances goodbye! The OT was so strange, with the Vikings kicking the winning field goal, only to be called for a face mask. Then Gould missing a 47 yarder. Memo to Mark Trestman, you're not coaching up here in the CFL anymore with 3 downs! Trying for the field goal on second down in OT? WTF?!? Also, the Bears stand a better chance of winning if they can hold Peterson to under 200 yards rushing in a game! What pathetic tackling.

That was a weird game. I had your QB McCown, WR Marshall and Kicker Gould picked for today, so of course some WR named Alshon has the game of his life and Marshall gets 45 yards and no TD... oh well... BUT THEN Robbie misses the game winner? He doesnt miss... Yeah it was a weird game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-02 03:44 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: December 2, 2013 07:39

If the Saints beat Seattle I think then it will be a Saints vs. Patriots Super Bowl.

Date: December 2, 2013 09:56

nightskyman
If the Saints beat Seattle I think then it will be a Saints vs. Patriots Super Bowl.

Not going to happen. Arctic front hitting. Frigid temps & high winds. Chance of light snow. In other words, BEASTly weather. I hope the Aint's had the same view from their hotel that I have from my house of Puget Sound today. Whitecaps caused by the high wind. This isn't going to be a day for "soft" indoor teams.

Date: December 2, 2013 15:39

The last time the Aint's played the Hawks @ Century Link. Hope we see something similar tonight!>grinning smiley<

Date: December 2, 2013 16:25

crholmstrom
nightskyman

Not going to happen. Arctic front hitting. Frigid temps & high winds. Chance of light snow. In other words, BEASTly weather. I hope the Aint's had the same view from their hotel that I have from my house of Puget Sound today. Whitecaps caused by the high wind. This isn't going to be a day for "soft" indoor teams.

Well then, Seattle vs. New England. Either way, I think Brady, Belichick and the Pats want one more shot at the Super Bowl. I don't see anyone stopping them.

Date: December 2, 2013 16:54

nightskyman
crholmstrom
nightskyman

Well then, Seattle vs. New England. Either way, I think Brady, Belichick and the Pats want one more shot at the Super Bowl. I don't see anyone stopping them.

We beat NE soundly last year & the Hawks are way better this year. I will give props to Brady about being able to play in cold weather, which is going to be a factor this year. Wilson has played pretty well in bad weather to this point, too. That would be a good Super Bowl. Don't want to count the proverbial chickens yet though. Tonight is huge.smoking smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 3, 2013 01:56

Chris Fountain

What a great day for college football.Michigan/Ohio St and Auburn/Alabama were great games. Some questionable coaching moves. Why did Michigan go for 2? Why did Alabama attempt a long FG? Hope Michigan St beats Ohio St..............Great Monday night game tonight. As a Forty Niner fan. have to root for the Saints tonight.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 3, 2013 08:03

SEAHAWKS crush the Saints 34-7. Drew Brees stuffed by Seattle's tenacious
defense.

Russell Wilson shreds Saint's defense. Shredded like cheese on a quesadilla.

Go Hawks!!!

Date: December 3, 2013 12:10

Midnight Toker
defense.

Go Hawks!!!

12th Man set off another earthquake & reclaimed the stadium noise title. I'm still stunned about the total domination. The Aint's keyed on the Beast & kept him in check. Didn't matter. Even if we only manage to split the last 4 games, looks like we've got home field through the playoffs. I don't think anyone is going to beat us there barring serious injury. As luck would have it, we play the Giants in NJ in 2 weeks. Will be nice to get used to the stadium & all. Go Hawks!grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-03 14:17 by crholmstrom.

Date: December 3, 2013 13:37

crholmstrom
Midnight Toker
defense.

Go Hawks!!!

12th Man set off another earthquake & reclaimed the stadium noise title. I'm still stunned about the total domination. The Aint's keyed on the Beast & kept him in check. Didn't matter. Even if we only manage to split the last 2 games, looks like we've got home field through the playoffs. I don't think anyone is going to beat us there barring serious injury. As luck would have it, we play the Giants in NJ in 2 weeks. Will be nice to get used to the stadium & all. Go Hawks!grinning smiley

NICE WORK!!! Congrats on the win and the noise record!

Date: December 3, 2013 14:20

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom
Midnight Toker
defense.

Go Hawks!!!

12th Man set off another earthquake & reclaimed the stadium noise title. I'm still stunned about the total domination. The Aint's keyed on the Beast & kept him in check. Didn't matter. Even if we only manage to split the last 2 games, looks like we've got home field through the playoffs. I don't think anyone is going to beat us there barring serious injury. As luck would have it, we play the Giants in NJ in 2 weeks. Will be nice to get used to the stadium & all. Go Hawks!grinning smiley

NICE WORK!!! Congrats on the win and the noise record!

Sadly, I wasn't able to go. Chemo day, wouldn't have been prudent. I was able to identify with the players on a steroid level though. Haha. Hoping to go to one of the last 2 home games. Playoffs are prohibitively expensive.

Date: December 3, 2013 14:30

Midnight Toker
defense.

Go Hawks!!!

Super Bowl:

The Hawks vs. the Pats. I can feel it, a great match up!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 3, 2013 15:27

Seagulls... Seahawks destroyed the Saints. Nothing about cold weather this time - simply outplayed.

Crazy bad. I was floored. Saints inability to do anything creative offensively was whack. They looked like a regular ol' boring NFL team. Like a Cleveland or Oakland or Buffalo - talentless. What happened to the inventiveness on offense? What happened to the improved defense?

Other Saints fans can say what they want but I know the Saints aren't going to SB 48. They've had a good year but they haven't dominated. It's obvious some things need to be improved.

Date: December 3, 2013 15:48

GasLightStreet
Seagulls... Seahawks destroyed the Saints. Nothing about cold weather this time - simply outplayed.

Crazy bad. I was floored. Saints inability to do anything creative offensively was whack. They looked like a regular ol' boring NFL team. Like a Cleveland or Oakland or Buffalo - talentless. What happened to the inventiveness on offense? What happened to the improved defense?

Other Saints fans can say what they want but I know the Saints aren't going to SB 48. They've had a good year but they haven't dominated. It's obvious some things need to be improved.

You have to admit that part of the Saints offensive woes is that the Seahawks D is just mighty. I talked about our secondary issues before. Our management is doing a superlative job in player/personnel. Our backup guys would be starting for many NFL teams. Example: most of this year the O line has been mostly made up of subs. It has only been only the last 2 games that the O line has been healthy. Credit to Saints for shutting down the Beast. They obviously focused on him. The problem is Russell Wilson has so many other weapons he can go to plus his own ability to create plays. Wilson is something special & barring injury should enjoy a very long career. He's got something that doesn't come from training. I think he's been told his whole life that he's too small to play & it has created a chip on his shoulder. We've got a bunch of guys like that. Hidden gems that were found via good scouting. The Legion of Boom has only 1 first rounder, Earl Thomas (should be defensive player of the year). The rest of those guys are like 5th rounders. I thought NO would put up more of a fight. Our stadium is mighty tough to come & play in, much like the Superdome. Barring something real ugly & unforseen, the road to Super Bowl is going through Seattle this year. Next weekends game in SF should be interesting. NO best be getting ready for Carolina. I'm glad we played them early. smileys with beer

Date: December 3, 2013 17:49

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

You have to admit that part of the Saints offensive woes is that the Seahawks D is just mighty. I talked about our secondary issues before. Our management is doing a superlative job in player/personnel. Our backup guys would be starting for many NFL teams. Example: most of this year the O line has been mostly made up of subs. It has only been only the last 2 games that the O line has been healthy. Credit to Saints for shutting down the Beast. They obviously focused on him. The problem is Russell Wilson has so many other weapons he can go to plus his own ability to create plays. Wilson is something special & barring injury should enjoy a very long career. He's got something that doesn't come from training. I think he's been told his whole life that he's too small to play & it has created a chip on his shoulder. We've got a bunch of guys like that. Hidden gems that were found via good scouting. The Legion of Boom has only 1 first rounder, Earl Thomas (should be defensive player of the year). The rest of those guys are like 5th rounders. I thought NO would put up more of a fight. Our stadium is mighty tough to come & play in, much like the Superdome. Barring something real ugly & unforseen, the road to Super Bowl is going through Seattle this year. Next weekends game in SF should be interesting. NO best be getting ready for Carolina. I'm glad we played them early. smileys with beer

"Hidden gems that were found via good scouting. The Legion of Boom has only 1 first rounder, Earl Thomas (should be defensive player of the year). The rest of those guys are like 5th rounders."

I think this is how the Pats have built their teams year after year into consistent contenders. Hopefully Seattle ownership, front office and coaching staff will continue this successful formula in the future.

Date: December 3, 2013 23:58

Seattle now will have Home Field Advantage. (I Think). I'm out of the FFL league and paid my $80 at work today. I will get revenge come NCAA Tourney time.

Go Hawks!!!

Date: December 4, 2013 00:02

Almost forgot -CONGRATS to CRHOLMSTROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: December 4, 2013 01:15

Chris Fountain

Fox News is reporting that Stadium noise reached Earthquake proportions.

Date: December 4, 2013 02:30

Chris Fountain
Chris Fountain

Fox News is reporting that Stadium noise reached Earthquake proportions.

2.0 on the Richter scale! It wasn't quite the Beast Quake but close.>grinning smiley< Thanks Chris

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 5, 2013 00:30

Crholmstrom- get well soon my friend.

GO HAWKS !!

Date: December 5, 2013 01:40

Midnight Toker
Crholmstrom- get well soon my friend.

GO HAWKS !!

Thanks! A Super Bowl win would be some good medicine @ least on the $ side of things. I put $100 on the Hawks @ 7 to 1 before the season. Got in before the odds started really dropping. GO HAWKS!grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home