Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: maradona ()
Date: November 5, 2013 08:52

Doc
Emotional Rescue, Panint It Black and Before They MAke Me Run are the 3 Bonus tracks on the european DVD.
They probably also are in the US release, since the DVD is region free

How do you know that? I really hope you are right and of course it is the most probable solution. But why can't I find the bonus tracks on any European online shop that is selling the Blu Ray?

Posted by: guezeg ()
Date: November 5, 2013 11:56

Hi all,

I attended the premiere in Paris yesterday. Did anybody else in the world do the same ? :-)

I think that it is quite good. I'm not a big fan of the Hyde Park audio concert released on iTunes but the performance in the movie is on par with it. Many songs are the same versions but I can't say which ones for sure.

I found that the sound was OK but I was kind of disappointed by the shooting itself. Slow-motion sequences are somehow distracting and some other looked more like an ad than a concert video.

Anyway, if you like HPL audio, I'm sure you'll love HPL the movie.

Cheers

Posted by: ruchin ()
Date: November 5, 2013 14:02

On Ruby Tuesday on the itunes version Keefs vocals are turned down? Can't understand why? I really like them on the BBC showing.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 5, 2013 14:04

I was at the premiere too. I think the movie was good and the performance great. I was however a little disappointed by sound quality. It sounded very narrow to me which seems weird for a outdoor performance. Maybe it's the movie theatre I was at...

I found the shooting rather good though. Not exclusively focused on Jagger for instance, but showing every little bit of the concert. I liked the spoken parts too. At the end I thought it was well crafted.

The missing songs are not a big deal. It works just fine as it is.

Now I hope they didn't use the same subtitles for the DVD/Blu-ray release. Those I saw yesterday were just plain awful. Impossible to read, wrong grammar & spelling, appearing too early... It looked like it has been made in a rush by a first year college student.

Also it was a quite a fun to watch this at a movie theatre : people were clapping, singing along (everybody seemed to go crazy when Sympathy started), even taking pictures!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 5, 2013 16:39

We had a great time at the Imax La Géode dome at La Villette last night especially since I had the same neighbor as on the 13th in the first row of T3 ;-) This time we were right at the top/back and had a fantastic view of the screening! There was a bit of "surround" sound but not much. Overall a more pleasant experience than the last time I went there in... November 1991 for the "Live at The Max" showing even though it had been shot specifically for IMAX but using the full screen didn't work too well really.

A very nice movie, much better than LSTNT, the "offscreen" commentary (reminiscent of Crossfire Hurricane) works really well and the odd selection of backing tracks (Till The Next Time, Hide Your Love !!) works very well. Actually it conveys an "emotion" (44 years since HP 1969, Brian, first concert by Taylor, etc...) that wasn't really felt at HP1 or HP2 where it seemed very much "business as usual" for The Stones.

It wasn't loud enough but SFM, MR, GS really sounded as "mean" and "groovy" as they ever did. If only for MR with Taylor this 50th Tour was all worth it!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-05 22:48 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 5, 2013 17:34

gotdablouse
Actually it conveys an "emotion" (44 years since HP 1969, Brian, first concert by Taylor, etc...) that wasn't really felt at HP1 or HP2 where it seemed very much "business as usual" for The Stones.

I was expecting there to be a lot more of that "emotion" on the day, so great to hear it's in the film!

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 5, 2013 21:45

Doc
Emotional Rescue, Panint It Black and Before They MAke Me Run are the 3 Bonus tracks on the european DVD.
The jp bluray works fine in Europe and has tumbling dice on it too.
The jp cd has happy as a bonus track.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 5, 2013 22:51

Aquamarine
gotdablouse
Actually it conveys an "emotion" (44 years since HP 1969, Brian, first concert by Taylor, etc...) that wasn't really felt at HP1 or HP2 where it seemed very much "business as usual" for The Stones.

I was expecting there to be a lot more of that "emotion" on the day, so great to hear it's in the film!

Yep it's there in the movie, which is just as well for the "archives" even if it's not exactly faithful to the way it played out on the day...but it's very Mick (and the others really) isn't it "stiff upper lip" but there's a fire within if not he wouldn't be out there anymore.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: November 5, 2013 23:54

kowalski
Now I hope they didn't use the same subtitles for the DVD/Blu-ray release. Those I saw yesterday were just plain awful. Impossible to read, wrong grammar & spelling, appearing too early... It looked like it has been made in a rush by a first year college student.
Agree , it's weird so many mistakes, isn't it?

I was also at the premiere yesterday and loved it. But weirdly I don't need to get it on DVD, I prefer to watch live or on a big screen. Times are changing (for me at least) cool smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 6, 2013 01:00

Doc

Are you sure about this?
To me it looks like that Before they make me run is the Japan only track; it's the last one of the bonus tracks and it has a star behind it. I can't read Japanese, but I suppose there is the explanation it's the Japan only track.

So that would mean in the rest of the world you get Emotional Rescue, Paint it black and Tumbling Dice...?!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 6, 2013 01:02

GJV
Doc

Are you sure about this?
To me it looks like that Before they make me run is the Japan only track; it's the last one of the bonus tracks and it has a star behind it. I can't read Japanese, but I suppose there is the explanation it's the Japan only track.

So that would mean in the rest of the world you get Emotional Rescue, Paint it black and Tumbling Dice...?!

I'd thought Tumbling Dice was the Japanese bonus track.

There shouldn't be so much confusion about this, it's ridiculous.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 6, 2013 02:45

Just got an email telling me they're going to send my deluxe edition early.

Nov. 11th instead of Nov. 12th. I was expecting it Nov. 11th anyway!

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: November 6, 2013 13:09

Anybody from Germany already found it in stores? Media Markt?

Posted by: p0werJ ()
Date: November 6, 2013 17:21

Karlos123

Not now, but I think they wont release it bevore the 8th or even 12th/13th.

Got my mega delux edition today from japan. Very nice, should learn japanese winking smiley

Only one thing makes me a bit sad (sad sad...) I can´t find a number, so I don´t know what box of the 1000 mine is :/

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 6, 2013 17:22

Karlos123

LIBRO in Austria (at least in Carinthia) is already selling it but I pre-ordered my stuff on Amazon.de weeks ago so I won't buy it "early".

Date: November 6, 2013 17:36

silkcut1978_
Karlos123

LIBRO in Austria (at least in Carinthia) is already selling it but I pre-ordered my stuff on Amazon.de weeks ago so I won't buy it "early".

Can you tell us please which bonus tracks it contains? There is still confusion about the European version...

Posted by: p0werJ ()
Date: November 6, 2013 17:41

maradona
silkcut1978_
Karlos123

Can you tell us please which bonus tracks it contains? There is still confusion about the European version...

As far as i know, there are no bonus tracks in the european version. only in the japanese

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 6, 2013 18:33

maradona
silkcut1978_
Karlos123

Just noticed that it's on sale when I was heading for lunch - now I'm still in office and they'll close before I leave here..

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 6, 2013 18:38

Is it just me who's not unduly concerned about exactly which songs are on it ?confused smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 6, 2013 21:34

Spud
Is it just me who's not unduly concerned about exactly which songs are on it ?confused smiley

If not unduly concerned means, that you are not really concerned about what is on it, YEAH, then I am with you.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 6, 2013 23:56

Maybe this one eventually brings light into the dark:
[www.weltbild.de]
According to that German website there will be Emotional Rescue, Paint It Black and Before They Make Me Run as bonus tracks on the European versions.
Now that topic should be finished grinning smiley

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: November 7, 2013 00:36

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-07 00:38 by claudine.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 7, 2013 01:13

maradona
[www.weltbild.de]
According to that German website there will be Emotional Rescue, Paint It Black and Before They Make Me Run as bonus tracks on the European versions.

Ok, thanks, so no tracks on the japanese version that isn´t on the european, right?

Date: November 7, 2013 01:29

Well.. yes: Tumblin' Dice is not on the International/European version.
And we also are missing the audio track Happy.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 7, 2013 01:29

JumpinJeppeFlash
maradona
[www.weltbild.de]

Ok, thanks, so no tracks on the japanese version that isn´t on the european, right?

I think we've been down this road more than once...is it Tumbling Dice that's the DVD bonus?

Date: November 7, 2013 01:32

treaclefingers
JumpinJeppeFlash
maradona
[www.weltbild.de]

I think we've been down this road more than once...is it Tumbling Dice that's the DVD bonus?

yes, that one is also a bonustrack on the Japanese dvd/blu ray.

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: November 7, 2013 06:10

Aquamarine
Is it a super-special T-shirt, or one that's already on sale? And anyway, I agree it would be so much simpler if there was just one edition.

Amazon.de has now listet a "T-Shirt-Edition"

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 7, 2013 11:55

yes, that one is also a bonustrack on the Japanese dvd/blu ray.

On the European version they use "bonus track" to mean "stand-alone numbers,
removed from the 'concert-like flow' of the main feature
and presumably not shown in cinemas"; there are three of those.
but there's also a Japanese bonus in the sense of "not included on non-Japanese releases". Tumbling Dice, to be exact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-07 11:57 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 7, 2013 13:12

Rolling Hansie
Spud

If not unduly concerned means, that you are not really concerned about what is on it, YEAH, then I am with you.

Glad it's not just me >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-07 13:13 by Spud.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: November 7, 2013 14:27

wow so much fuss on this latest stones cd and dvd ,we only going to get whatever is on there,need to get life,hahaha,after all ITS ONLY ROCK-ROLL BUT WE LIKE IT.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home