Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: The World Doesn't Need Another Stones Album
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 13, 2013 22:55

yes indeed

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 14, 2013 01:46

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 14, 2013 10:09

bv
Please speak for yourself. I need a new album, and I am sure it will sell more than a million. And they will have Mick Taylor as guest guitarist. Not bad for a change. And they will tour it next year. Which would mean Mick Taylor will be with them on more songs on stage.

Hi BV, before reading this post I thought it was most likely a Keef solo album. Do you think that Keef will use the material recorded with Steve Jordan for the Stones new album as done with 'One more shot'?

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: September 15, 2013 09:06

schwonek
bv
Please speak for yourself. I need a new album, and I am sure it will sell more than a million. And they will have Mick Taylor as guest guitarist. Not bad for a change. And they will tour it next year. Which would mean Mick Taylor will be with them on more songs on stage.

+1
+2

BV, do you think they can get along well enough to be creative & collaborative at this point? And motivated enough? Got my doubts. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 15, 2013 17:54

owlbynite
schwonek
bv

+1
+2

BV, do you think they can get along well enough to be creative & collaborative at this point? And motivated enough? Got my doubts. eye rolling smiley

How could BV know? The future is unwritten - anything can happen: the good, the bad or even the ugly.

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: September 15, 2013 18:47

rollingon
I think if they would take enough time and put some serious effort they could make a decent record, not a new absolute classic but still they could make a great record, but they should concentrate on actual song writing more, just create good song drafts with acoustic guitars and a real piano, then make it electric but not overproduce it, Jagger should try to sing naturally like he used to in 60s and 70s. And I still think they can make (although not very probable) a new classic Stones single on a par with Start me Up if they really work on it and all the stars are on right position... Anyway Mick Taylor should be invited to play guitar parts on several tracks.

Yes agree, but Taylor should be on all trackssmileys with beer

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 15, 2013 22:29

They are working on older tracks - MT is participating, amongst the songs are

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 16, 2013 09:47

My world wants a new Stones album(s). Give me a SF Deluxe treatment and a new album. Let the new album be reworked old tracks. I don't care, as I'm sure it will be good.

Date: September 16, 2013 11:01

MingSubu
My world wants a new Stones album(s)

Hey, we live in the same world, welcome smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 16, 2013 11:09

Rolling Hansie
MingSubu

Whoa! ME TOO, it IS a small world after all! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: September 18, 2013 08:54

alimente
owlbynite
schwonek
bv

+1
+2

How could BV know? The future is unwritten - anything can happen: the good, the bad or even the ugly.

Thought he had an inside track. winking smiley

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: September 18, 2013 09:03

owlbynite
alimente
owlbynite
schwonek
bv

+1
+2

Thought he had an inside track. winking smiley

I thought he was in charge of the band.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 18, 2013 13:54

Max'sKansasCity
Rolling Hansie
MingSubu

Whoa! ME TOO, it IS a small world after all! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

There's others? smileys with beer

Date: September 18, 2013 18:34

MingSubu

You're not the only one smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 18, 2013 19:21

Rolling Hansie
MingSubu

You're not the only one smiling smiley
with mixed emotions

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: September 18, 2013 23:04

Thread should read...."The World Doesn't Need Another Crappy Stones Album". Hell, anyone in his right mind would welcome a Great Stones Album.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-18 23:25 by Bungo.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: September 18, 2013 23:34

Bungo
Thread should read...."The World Doesn't Need Another Crappy Stones Album". Hell, anyone in his right mind would welcome a Great Stones Album.

Yes, but I think it's more likely that we will get the former as opposed to the latter.

Date: September 19, 2013 00:20

Date: September 19, 2013 01:40

-------------------

Date: September 19, 2013 05:35

grinning smiley

smileys with beer

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 19, 2013 07:13

The world didn't need new albums by Bowie, Dylan, or Elton, either.

But because those musicians are still driven to create new music, we have THE NEXT DAY, TEMPEST, and DIVING BOARD.

I daresay that one of those artists was under any illusion that their new shit would sell at Miley Cyrus levels ... but they released records because that's what they do.

The world will not see another Stones album until the Stones decide they have something to say ... and until they don't give a shit whether anyone wants to hear it.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 19, 2013 10:10

No new Stones album is fine with me. It's a young man's and young woman's game to sell lots of albums and downloads.

Think of the Stones at the leading edge in their early career, leveraging Blues and Motown and doing Rock'n'Roll and helping to define the landscape of Rock.

There is just nowhere left to go.

Face it, success these days is young kids (just like they were) with teams of writers and image makers behind them. That's just the way it is. I was at a friend's place and One Direction came on and they are adored by young fans, perhaps mostly girls. I scoffed at them and them my friend reminded me that they are like the Beatles for their generation.

Think about that, One Direction is like a modern version of the Beatles. And, quite critically, the members of One Direction are indeed about the same age as the Beatles and the Stones when they started out. So who are we to scoff at One Direction? We adored the Beatles in the same context. (At least those of us who were alive way back then. cool smiley)

So should the Stones make an album? I would say yes if they truly _wanted_ to make an album. Do they really _want_ to make an album? Do they have any new place to go and explore musically? I would say that they don't.

Should the Stones make an album just because there is some kind of "system" that they are in that says they should make an album? Hell no.

I bet you that Mick and Keith and Ronnie are envious of Bill and Charlie. Bill and Charlie have bands where they simply play what they want to play. No pressure to come up with something new, no pressure to be "The Stones" they just do what feels good. For Charlie it's jazz and for Bill it's a kind of mostly retro mish-mash. Bill and Charlie seem perfectly happy making music for fun on a relatively small scale on their own terms.

For the Rolling Stones (they don't really and truly exist anymore) it would just somehow not be right. You always have the rabid fans that either say "Make another Let it Bleed" or "The next album will be their best album ever." Who needs that crap and that pressure when you are and incredibly rich 70-year-old man?

If I were one of them I would live a life of leisure and fun. One last 10-year vacation. And while I was on vacation, part of the fun would simply be to jam again with friends. Put a few amps and a drum kit in a big living room and only play for your own fun. That's it. In other words, do something like a Bill or Charlie but even less organized - no band. Just hanging out in your living room and having he occasional jam - for nobody but yourself and your friends. Just do it for the pure pleasure - don't record anything and just live in the moment.

Date: September 19, 2013 10:28

A new album will be great. Can't wait for the feeling when the needle drops down on the first brand new Stones track.

Can't beat that feeling! thumbs up

Date: September 19, 2013 13:42

DandelionPowderman
A new album will be great. Can't wait for the feeling when the needle drops down on the first brand new Stones track.

Can't beat that feeling! thumbs up
Can't beat that feeling!

That is a fact.. new songs from our favorite band is an awesome feeling, no matter if it is a needle dropping on an LP, hearing it on the radio, a new CD.... or my favorite way of all time.... the first time I heard "Rough Justice" was live. It didnt get radio play in my town that I heard... BUT we traveled to Boston for the opening night of the Bigger Bang tour, and got there 2-3 days early. The afternoon into evening we landed, we got our rental car and as planned, headed to the Patriots football game at Patriot's stadium, so we drove down there... but we wound up driving right by the stadium choosing to not pay $50.00 to park and/or mess around with tickets, so we just drove by and headed up to Boston. Then we decided we might as well do a drive by of Fenway Park to get a lay of the land... which is not as easy as it sounds. We drove back and forth in that ditch highway thing, and we saw the lights of what we thought was Fenway, (but wound up being Boston college (I think))... then we got off the highway and tried to navigate (no gps, no good directions) our way to Fenway... but then found ourselves kind of stuck.... in a downtown building area.... and then I heard this wonderful sound echoing through the buildings.... at first I thought is might be an open window, someone having a Stones party. I know that Stones sound, those Stones guitars and this sound was coming from further away... it was coming from "over there"... So OOOOhhhhh... that is where Fenway is... so we made our way, with the car top down, listening our way towards the music.... and VOILA!!! Fenway doesnt look like a ballpark from outside of it... but it did say "FENWAY" on the sign... AND IT SURE AS HECK SOUNDED LIKE MY STONES!!!! so after driving back and forth by Landsdown and Yawky and around the area.... we spotted a small happy looking crowd gathered... so we parked the car and joined them... and it was fun listening to The Stones practice.... It was so clear sounding, kind of echoey, but very clear.... and then I heard "IT"... Then I heard a Stones song which I did not know. ROUGH JUSTICE!!! It Freeking awesome!!! We stayed meeting new people, talking and listening with fellow fans until The Stones were done for the night and then we decided to drive up to Glouster that night and took a whale tour boat the next day. We met, and said "Hi", to some whales, and after that we found someplace to eat some laabsta rolls for lunch... but mainly we couldnt wait to get our asses back down to Fenway for practice that night... and we did... and they practiced again.... and again it was so cool again.... 2 nights of live Stones music!! It was a total surprise to get the practice nights fro free, what a bonus for out trip, and hearing the new Stones song was priceless, I will never forget that feeling.

Too long/Didnt read-
Yup, hearing a new Stones songs is still awesome to me
I feel sorry for those poor old grumpy fks who have convinced
themselves that they are too cool, too old and/or too far gone to
want some more new Stones music... As for me, I wanna be forever
young.... I cant wait to hear the new Stones album. When they are ready, so am I.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-19 13:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 19, 2013 15:20

MileHigh
No new Stones album is fine with me. It's a young man's and young woman's game to sell lots of albums and downloads.

The logic of this totally escapes me.

Date: September 21, 2013 02:45

BlackHat
The record buying public as a whole are not really interested, the band themselves don't seem to be interested. Whilst I don't think A Bigger Bang is as bad as some people on here make it out to be I don't think they have the energy or the motivation to do anything better that will do them justice. Who would they be doing a new album for? A small collection of obsessives who once they had the thrill of unwrapping the album would then tear it to pieces after the first listen and proclaim it to b a dud.

If they have any inspiration then they should just let tracks out as they come via itunes but the days of them being able or willing to produce a cohesive album that can stand next to their body of work are gone.

I think you are right after all. If they had any interest at all in making new music together they would be doing so at this very moment. Instead, it's back to business as usual. Once again they have scattered to the four winds. Even if they do decide to do something down the road I think they will find that their window of opportunity has closed on them. So, correct, no new album and probably no more shows. Time to move on.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 21, 2013 02:57

JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat
The record buying public as a whole are not really interested, the band themselves don't seem to be interested. Whilst I don't think A Bigger Bang is as bad as some people on here make it out to be I don't think they have the energy or the motivation to do anything better that will do them justice. Who would they be doing a new album for? A small collection of obsessives who once they had the thrill of unwrapping the album would then tear it to pieces after the first listen and proclaim it to b a dud.

If they have any inspiration then they should just let tracks out as they come via itunes but the days of them being able or willing to produce a cohesive album that can stand next to their body of work are gone.

I think you are right after all. If they had any interest at all in making new music together they would be doing so at this very moment. Instead, it's back to business as usual. Once again they have scattered to the four winds. Even if they do decide to do something down the road I think they will find that their window of opportunity has closed on them. So, correct, no new album and probably no more shows. Time to move on.

eye popping smiley JJOLantern, what has happened to you???!!!eye popping smiley

- Doxa

Date: September 21, 2013 03:29

Doxa
JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

- Doxa

I am really pissed right now about their overdubbing of the intro to SMU at Hyde Park. I am also pissed that they didn't get their skinny little English asses into the studio (to record a new album) immediately after concluding '50 and Counting while they were hot! Red Hot! Now, I am hot! Red Hot!

I am afraid they have missed their window of opportunity to record that one last masterpiece. I couldn't care less if they give us more shows if they are not going to build them around new music.

In hindsight I wish they would have just called it a career at the conclusion of Glastonbury. That would have been the perfect ending to a fabulous career. Hyde Park was great but they seriously need to re-consider and remove that overdub before they release the DVD. It should be restored to how it was played on that evening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-21 03:38 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 21, 2013 03:59

Doxa
JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

- Doxa

slight chemical imbalance...that's what happens when you don't stick to the schedule for your meds!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 21, 2013 04:06

LongBeachArena72
The world didn't need new albums by Bowie, Dylan, or Elton, either.

But because those musicians are still driven to create new music, we have THE NEXT DAY, TEMPEST, and DIVING BOARD.

I daresay that one of those artists was under any illusion that their new shit would sell at Miley Cyrus levels ... but they released records because that's what they do.

The world will not see another Stones album until the Stones decide they have something to say ... and until they don't give a shit whether anyone wants to hear it.

Have you heard Bowie's LP? It's good. Real good. Certainly not what one would expect. I don't think it's so much of having something to say, I think it's just saying whatever and meaning it. With albums that aren't over 55 minutes long too. The Stones are not solo artists though. Huge catalogue - it's not like anyone is clamoring for something new. What do you think got more press?

Don't Stop
A BIGGER BANG
Plundered My Soul
EXILE reissue + extras
No Spare Parts
SOME GIRLS reissue + extras
Doom And Gloom
GRRRR
One More Shot

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1129
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home