Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tour: where we stand
Posted by: Chris D. ()
Date: April 22, 2005 01:59

People,

since research is my bread and butter, I decided to put togheter a dossier about where we come from (and where we stands) on upcoming tour. It examines also current further projects, like the album.

Consider that capital letters are my notes. Everything else is taken from the press or from the web. I'm glad to offer you this bit of work.

Please, enjoy your read.
Chris

---------------------

FIRST RUMORS SURFACED ON THE BOSTON HERALD ON 14/3 (ARTICLE ONLY PARTIAL, BECAUSE IT WAS OUT OF THE SITE ARCHIVE AND HAD TO BE BOUGHT)

Fenway gig for Stones?
By Jennifer Rosinski
Monday, March 14, 2005

The article you requested is now archived or expired off the site.
Move over Buffett and Bruce, the Rolling Stones now want the ``Satisfaction'' of playing Fenway Park. Mick Jagger and the crew have set their sites on the Green Monster with hopes of playing at the ballpark twice in August, the Boston Courant reports. While a spokesman for...

THEN, RONNIE WOOD, TALKING TO VIRGIN RADIO ON 21ST MARCH, SAID SOMETHING...

[www.virginradio.co.uk]

OTHER CLUES APPEARED ON 28TH MARCH...

Mar. 28: The Rolling Stones may open the new Wembley Stadium
The new Wembley Stadium will be ready for the FA Cup Final in May 2006. England's no. 1 tabloid paper The Sun is writing about the battle between several rock stars that might play the opening show in May/June 2006, while ContactMusic.com is stating the Stones will open up Wembley Stadium next year. The Rolling Stones have played 12 sell-out shows of 72,000 crowds each at the old Wembley Stadium from 1982 to 1999.

FURTHER NEWS WERE POSTED BY BILL WYMAN ON HIS SITE THE DAY AFTER

Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Just after 7:00pm I called Charlie Watts, who was packing for the next 9 months for the Rolling Stones tour.

DAYS LATER, NEWS REPORTS OF THIS KIND STARTED TO APPEAR IN US MEDIA (this is taken from an hawaiian tv station website)

Posted: April 11, 2005 05:00 PM

Rolling Stones Launching World Tour

More than four decades after performing their first public concert, there are reports the Rolling Stones will go on the road for the final time.

The band is set to go out on yet another tour, amid heavy speculation this may be the final time for the four men. Three of the four are past 60 years old.

United Kingdom reports also say the stones will become the first to play at London's new Wembley Stadium next year.

The tour kicks off on Aug. 21 in Boston.

SOON LATER, BOSTON MAJOR DISCLOSED WHAT FOLLOWS

Rolling Stones May Perform at Fenway
Tue Apr 12, 3:44 PM ET

BOSTON - A plan to bring the Rolling Stones to Fenway Park this summer, which was unveiled at a public hearing in late March, must get approval from the city.

Mayor Tom Menino's office has said that six people spoke in favor of the concerts at the March 30 hearing — and none were opposed. Menino supports the concerts at the historic home of the Red Sox.

The licensing board, which did not take a vote, asked the Red Sox to submit a "neighborhood impact" report in 30 days. It would be the third summer concert at Fenway. Bruce Springsteen and Jimmy Buffett already have performed at the ballpark.

A spokesman for the Rolling Stones in London refused to comment Monday on tabloid and Internet reports that the band planned to kick off a world tour in Boston in August.

THIS, OBVIOUSLY, GAVE MORE STRENGHT TO THE NEWS... EVEN JAY LENO JOKED (14/4 EPISODE) ON THE IDEA OF THE LADS BACK ON THE ROAD. THAT'S WHAT HE SAID:

"The Rolling Stones announced they’re going to be touring this summer. I believe this one will be called "They Smell Like Old People Tour”.

In fact, The city of Boston is planning to have the Rolling Stones play a concert in Fenway Park this fall. That’s kind of a tradition in Boston, like winning the World Series. Every 86 years, the Rolling Stones come back and play again."

AS ALWAYS, FEVER IS RISING AMONG FANS. EXPECTATIVES ARE HIGH ESPECIALLY IN LATIN-AMERICA (LEFT OFF LICKS) AND COUNTRIES THEY NEVER PERFORMED BEFORE...

The Rolling Stones headed for Israel

Apr. 19 - Venerable rock legends The Rolling Stones announced that they will make their first-ever appearance in Israel during their world tour in 2006. According to a report on Israel Radio, the band's representatives cited a lowering of tension in the region and reduced insurance costs as reasons for making a concert in Israel viable. The Stones are the latest old-time name to jump on the Israel bandwagon in recent days, as German rockers The Scorpions and British rocker/crooner Phil Collins also announced tour dates in Israel - The Scorpions in July and Collins in November.

THAT'S IT ABOUT THE TOUR, SO FAR... (AND, NOT TO SOUND CYNICAL, BUT ANOTHER SIGNAL IS RONNIE UNDERGOING REHAB, ACCORDING TO SOME UK PAPERS). OBVIOUSLY, STONES FAN SECRET SERVICE IS WORKING AT FULL SWING... [www.iorr.org]

INTERESTING HINTS WERE ON THE FRENCH FANCLUB NEWSLETTER OF 20TH APRIL, SEE BELOW (FIRST, THE FRENCH ORIGINAL, THEN MY TRANSLATION. PLEASE, BEWARE THAT "PANAMA", IN FRENCH SLANG, STANDS FOR "PARIS")...

Les Stones bougent
Incroyable la capacité de discrétion des Stones mais on sait qu’ Ils étaient à Paname pour une question de mixage analogique , que MJ/CW s’étaient donné rancard dans petit bistrot rue Sébastien-Bottin près appart MJ, ou que Keith a transité via le petit aéroport de Tours, ou qu’ils ont loué un Hammond B3 des années 60 le seul qu’il y avait dans la région,

The Stones are moving
Stones skills of working undercover are unbelievable, but we do know that: A) they've been in Panama re matters of analogue mixing; cool smiley that MJ and CW met in a little bistrot, rue Sébastien-Bottin (Paris), close to MJ apartment; C) that Keith went and left through the little airport in Tours (France); D) that they rented a Hammond B3 from the sixties, the only one existing in the region.

MEANWHILE, TOUR ASIDE, JOURNALISTS HAD TO DO SOME EXTRA WITH THE STONES, LIKE THE FOLLOWING:

WYMAN AMAZED BY RICHARDS' STONES OBSESSION

ROLLING STONES guitarist KEITH RICHARDS is so obsessed with the band's music - he watches recordings of their concerts only hours after performing.

Richards' former bandmate BILL WYMAN was stunned by the rocker's dedication.

Wyman says, "I was never one hundred per cent focused on the band like Keith is.

"That's all he ever thinks about. All he does. The only music he ever plays.

"When the Stones do a live show, he tapes it and spends the whole night and the next morning playing it at full blast in his hotel room, disturbing all the guests.

"I was never like that. I'd go to bed and visit a local museum the next morning."

OR ABOUT THE MOVIE ON BRIAN JONES (WHICH IS REPORTED TO HAVE CHANGED TITLE IN "STONED")...

Brian film to premiere at Cannes

Release Date: TBC Duration: TBC

Director: Stephen Woolley (Interview with a Vampire, Crying Game, Scandal...)

Cast: Leo Gregory (Out of Control, Susie Gold, Octane, When I Was Twelve)plays Brian Jones
Paddy Considine (Dead Man's Shoes, Twenty Four Hour Party People, In America)plays Frank Thoroughgood
Tuva Novotny (Jalla! Jalla!, Tic Tac, Smala Sussie) plays Anna Wolin
Monet Mazur (Torque, Just Married, 40 Days and 40 Nights, Blow) plays Anita Pallenburg

Synopsis: Brian Jones was an artist, pop star, fashion icon, womaniser and counter culture groundbreaker. During the seven short years of his glittering rise to stardom and fateful plummet between 1962 - 1969 he became a music legend - creating the greatest rock adn roll band ever, which he later treated with ill disguised disdain. He sired five children with five different women, none of whom he acknowledged, but lost the only woman he really loved, Anita Pallenberg, to one of his few good friends, Keith Richards.

Having reinvented the Blues, Brain turned his back on the world of pop and found more pleasure in scoring movies and recording ethnic music in Morocco.

Described as one of the most decadent men of the twentieth century Brian rebelled against everything and when he wasn't hating the world, he adored it. His consumption of alcohol were legendarily copious and his temper vicious.

This is a murder mystery about the death of one of the most talented musicians of the '60s who couldn't or wouldn't write pop songs. He died at the hand of someone he barely knew on a friendless summer night having cried wolf for the last time.

Status: With a budget of £6.2million Audley are fully responsible for financing this production. The filming has now been completed and is currently in post production. There will be a promo and selected scenes shown at the Berlin film festival and it's World Premiere will be at Cannes film festival 2005.

© 2004 AUDLEY FILMS LTD

ABOUT THE NEW ALBUM, POORLY IS KNOWN SO FAR. FIRST STORY GOES BACK TO DECEMBER 9TH

Edited By Barry A. Jeckell. December 09, 2004, 2:45 PM ET

Rolling Stones Recording With Don Was

The Rolling Stones recently concluded recording sessions for a new album in Paris with producer Don Was. The band will reconvene in the New Year for additional sessions for an album tentatively due in summer 2005, Was tells Billboard.com.

Was describes the Stones' new music as considerably different from their recent releases. "Mick [Jagger] and Keith [Richards] are writing songs together in a collaborative fashion that probably hasn't been seen since the late '60s," he says. "I would say that longtime fans of the Rolling Stones will be thrilled with these results, and new fans will understand why they're the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world."

Was recalls sessions in which Jagger and Richards composed spontaneously, sometimes with Richards playing bass and Jagger on drums. "He's a great drummer," Was confides. "He's also playing a lot of guitar, and he's a really good guitar player. He's been playing bass on some things, [and] Keith is playing bass on some things. They're just great -- there's a reason that they've been the Rolling Stones for so long.

"And they can do it four times a day, every day," Was says of the pair's writing sessions, "and they're really good songs. I've never seen anything like it."

Drummer Charlie Watts, who was recently treated for throat cancer, also attended the Paris sessions and is in excellent health, Was says. "And he's playing like a lion," he adds.

In 2002, the Stones recorded at Studios Guillaume Tell, also in Paris, with Was and engineer Ed Cherney. Four of the songs recorded there are featured on the 2-disc "40 Licks" compilation released in 2002. Additional material recorded at those sessions may appear on the Stones' next album, says Was, "but this all seems to be of a piece so far, and is substantially different than anything I've worked on with them. It's really collaborative.

"It's not done," Was adds. "We can still f*** it up a thousand different ways, you know? But what I'm hearing now is very much in the great Stones tradition."

Was has been active throughout 2004, producing the Stones' two-disc "Live Licks" set released last month, as well as upcoming albums by Solomon Burke, Jessie Coulter and Kris Kristofferson, the latter recorded specifically for release in a surround-sound format.

Meanwhile Don has regrouped with David Was to lead their R&B project Was (Not Was) through a 12-city tour launching Dec. 27 at House of Blues in Anaheim, Calif. The tour will mark the first performance of the group in 13 years.

-- Christopher Walsh, N.Y.

THEN, ON MARCH 7TH, THE STONES OFFICIAL SITE (WWW.ROLLINGSTONES.COM) PUBLISHED, UNDER THE TITLE "MICK AND KEITH BACK AT IT", THE FOLLOWING: "Mick and Keith are currently in France writing new songs for the forthcoming Rolling Stones album. Stay tuned for more details as they roll in. "

THAT'S IT, SO FAR.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home