Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16
Re: Ronnie Wood Band w/ Mick Taylor at BluesFest 2013 in London
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 4, 2013 17:53

Great photos, Simon!
What an enjoyable gig this was.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 4, 2013 18:28

stonesrule
LOVE to hear about great gigs...glad you those of you who were there had a fab time!

Terrific that Ronnie got this all together.

Mick T always reminds me of what Hendrix told me: "All I play is truth and emotion."

that says so much, thanks stonesrule once again. Mick Taylor is a rare one, like Jimi.

Re: Ronnie Wood Band w/ Mick Taylor - London, October 30 & November 1
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 4, 2013 20:31

JumpinJeppeFlash
Cristiano Radtke
Here's Ronnie with Paul Weller and Mick Hucknall:

Wtf, is that Ronnie with a Gretsch?

Never seen him with one of those befoer, might be a white falcon???

Re: Ronnie Wood Band w/ Mick Taylor - London, October 30 & November 1
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 4, 2013 20:55

Well, he told friday that he never played the White Falcon on stage before.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 4, 2013 23:10

Please DO NOT hijack this thread into talking OFF TOPIC about anything else YOU want special attention to. This thread is about the RONNIE WOOD London events only!!!

What a great performer Ronnie Wood is. When he is in charge, I am deeply impressed by how cool and how relaxed and sharp Ronnie is. He is not the nervous band leader who needs to prove anything. He is in complete control, still relaxed, small talking, talented, friendly and at the same time paying attention to anything happening both on stage and in the crowd. One again, I am impressed. Thank you Ronnie. You made a hell of a show and once again you proved you are my hero among the others in the top league.

Mick Taylor was another highlight of this show. he never treid or needed to be brilliant or dominating anything. He was ther right next to and always close to Ronnie. I am evenly impressed by the professioality of Mick T. Thanks for adding your great licks and friendship to this show!

I am looking forward to 2014. The friendship and musical collaboration of Ronnie and Mick T is obvious. We will get to see more of them with the Stones in 2014. How lucky we are to have then both in our band - together!

And thanks for all the great photos!!! I was nailed to my seat through out the show, did not bring a PC, did not bring a camera, just wanted to enjoy, and sure I did!

Bjornulf

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: November 5, 2013 00:40

Thanks bv, I agree whole heartedly. Ronnie-B-Goodie

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 5, 2013 08:48

bv
Please DO NOT hijack this thread into talking OFF TOPIC about anything else YOU want special attention to. This thread is about the RONNIE WOOD London events only!!!

What a great performer Ronnie Wood is. When he is in charge, I am deeply impressed by how cool and how relaxed and sharp Ronnie is. He is not the nervous band leader who needs to prove anything. He is in complete control, still relaxed, small talking, talented, friendly and at the same time paying attention to anything happening both on stage and in the crowd. One again, I am impressed. Thank you Ronnie. You made a hell of a show and once again you proved you are my hero among the others in the top league.

Mick Taylor was another highlight of this show. he never treid or needed to be brilliant or dominating anything. He was ther right next to and always close to Ronnie. I am evenly impressed by the professioality of Mick T. Thanks for adding your great licks and friendship to this show!

I am looking forward to 2014. The friendship and musical collaboration of Ronnie and Mick T is obvious. We will get to see more of them with the Stones in 2014. How lucky we are to have then both in our band - together!

And thanks for all the great photos!!! I was nailed to my seat through out the show, did not bring a PC, did not bring a camera, just wanted to enjoy, and sure I did!

Hope you're right there BV, I expressed this particular view earlier in the thread ...

Whatever future the Rolling Stones have at this point in time, a large part of it rests in the hands of Ronnie Wood and Mick Taylor. For those of you who believe that Ronnie's role in the Stones is deliberately restrained, then what he displayed tonight at the RAH would completely reaffirm that. Talk about "the ancient art of weaving" ... there was lots and lots of it going on between Ronnie & Mick Taylor. Pure joy. And as for Mick Taylor, seeing him up there tonight with Ronnie made me realise just how terribly underused he was on the 2012/2013 50th shows ....

Only hope Mick n' Keith are paying attention, and whatever it is they ARE planning for the Stones in due course, that it most certainly involves BOTH of these guys and in particular - much better use of Mick Taylor

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: November 5, 2013 09:49

Haven't seen this one posted yet, this is the opening number - really cool and you can see MT prowling around the stage before Ronnie gets there....and he gives the guys a wave...nice!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 5, 2013 10:46

How great this performance is! This sounds like the true genuine Rolling Stones. I hope Ronnie and Mick T kick Jagger's/Richards' ass to move them "forward back" to their roots.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-05 10:50 by RobertJohnson.

Date: November 5, 2013 10:58

RobertJohnson
How great this performance is! This sounds like the true genuine Rolling Stones. I hope Ronnie and Mick T kick Jagger's/Richards' ass to move them "forward back" to their roots.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

MESSAGE TO RONNIE ............... PLEASE RELEASE THIS AS A CD/DVD, IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST GIGS I HAVE EVER ATTENDED IN MY LIFE

Date: November 5, 2013 12:05

It looks like it was a fabulous gig thumbs up

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 5, 2013 13:15

DandelionPowderman
It looks like it was a fabulous gig thumbs up

Yup, all the posted clips sound great! thumbs up

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 5, 2013 14:11

paulywaul
RobertJohnson

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

MESSAGE TO RONNIE ............... PLEASE RELEASE THIS AS A CD/DVD, IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST GIGS I HAVE EVER ATTENDED IN MY LIFE

Yes, this would be an essential must-have!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-05 14:12 by RobertJohnson.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 5, 2013 17:10

Wuudy
Interesting to see that there were two bass players playing. Anyone got an idea why that was?

Was thinking about this too. Probably they wanted to fat up the sound with some acoustic bass. Did D. Green whom I only ever saw with Charlies Jazz units ever play Rockmusic?

Date: November 5, 2013 20:03

Wuudy
Interesting to see that there were two bass players playing. Anyone got an idea why that was?

Cos it sounds ace and in context would give a taste of the different backing approaches to blues and eras of blues.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 5, 2013 21:11

Not seen this one and looks like the last song and get together at the end of a great gig.
Big thanks to Paul Sillitoe. smileys with beer

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 5, 2013 21:54

RobertJohnson
paulywaul
RobertJohnson

Yes, this would be an essential must-have!
Or even better make a nice box like we had the other time with the I feel like playing concert

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 5, 2013 21:58

"Mr. Womack's assistant? This way, please." :-)

Ronnie is indeed going to New York. He tweeted this photo with Aaron Paul earlier today:

[twitter.com]

Look who I just bumped into at the airport ~ @aaronpaul_8

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 6, 2013 06:31

Great show...but two bass players? confused smiley

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: November 6, 2013 07:55

How come nobody recorded it? There are at least 3 different versions of R.Plantìs concert that happened two days before in the same venue.

Date: November 6, 2013 10:48

riccardo99
How come nobody recorded it? There are at least 3 different versions of R.Plantìs concert that happened two days before in the same venue.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that it was both filmed AND recorded. I say this because (a) I was in the front row and could clearly see the camera guy running around stage left & right mostly, and (b) as I walked up to the RAH before the gig, sitting in the dedicated parking area for such vehicles outside the building, was a mobile recording unit. I certainly HOPE it was both filmed and recorded, because if there's one show I've attended in recent years that I would just love to have a CD/DVD record of .... this is it. I just couldn't believe how wonderful that show was, I am still "buzzing" now - days later !

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 6, 2013 13:54

The Troubadour warm-up was also professionally videod.

Date: November 6, 2013 15:43

Royal Albert Hall @BluesFestUK gig was a blast~I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who came. Next stop NYC : )

@ronniewood

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: November 6, 2013 16:10

This is a wonderful thread. Gonna have fun listening to this stuff at home tonight!smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: mikegriff ()
Date: November 6, 2013 22:47

Enjoy!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 7, 2013 00:18

Thanks for all the great pictures and video - I was really sorry to have to miss this concert but at least I can see and hear some of it - looks like a wonderful night.

Date: November 7, 2013 01:44

71Tele
Great show...but two bass players? confused smiley

Worked for The Beach Boys studio stuff.

Date: November 7, 2013 20:55

Ronnie's website has a wrap up of the RAH show, including a Spotify playlist with some of the Jimmy Reed songs they played.

Nov 06

Ronnie rocks the Royal Albert Hall!

On Friday night the Ronnie Wood Band took to the stage of the Royal Albert Hall for the final show of BluesFest 2013. The band played an 18 song set in tribute to legendary bluesman Jimmy Reed.

Ronnie and the band were also joined by special guests Bobby Womack, who sang co-lead vocals with Ronnie on 'Big Boss Man' and 'Bright Lights, Big City', Mick Hucknall, who sang lead vocals on 'Nowhere To Go', and Paul Weller, who sang lead vocals on 'Shame, Shame, Shame'. Both Bobby and Mick headlined BluesFest shows earlier that week

The Ronnie Wood Band

Ronnie Wood: Guitar, vocals, harmonica

Mick Taylor: Guitar
Dave Green: Upright bass
Ian Jennings: Electric bass
Ben Waters: Piano
Dexter Hercules: Drums
Tom Hare: Backing vocals

Set List:
Natural Born Lover
Let's Get Together
Baby What You Want (with Tom Hare)
Ain't That Lovin' You Baby
Big Boss Man (with Bobby Womack)
Bright Lights, Big City (with Bobby Womack)
High And Lonesome
Mr Luck
Blue Carnegie
I'm Not That Man Down There
Nowhere To Go (with Mick Hucknall)
I Ain't Got You
Shame, Shame, Shame (with Paul Weller)
You Don't Have To Go
Honest I Do
Roll And Rhumba
Upside Your Head
Going To New York (with Bobby Womack & Tom Hare)

[www.ronniewood.com]

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: November 8, 2013 23:33

Reply to Wuudy and 71Tele re two bass guitar players:
Jimmy Reed has always been my fave blues artist - as soon as I heard 'Honest I Do' on the first album - got several LPs by him
Often three guitar players and credits two 'bass players' on the following albums...
Soulin' (Bluesway) - Phil Upchurch, electric bass & Jimmy Reed, Jr., bass guitar
Big Boss Man (Bluesway) - Eddie Taylor, guitar (bass) & Phil, bass guitar
Down In Virginia (Bluesway) - Eddie Taylor, bass guitar & Philip Church, bass

As you can see, the naming accuracy wasn't the best!!
Cheers.

Posted by: Jon Lasaa ()
Date: November 11, 2013 00:12

Thank you so much for all those pics and videos.
Good job!!

Grande Ronnie!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home