Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16
Ronnie Wood Band w/ Mick Taylor at BluesFest 2013 / "Mr. Luck" out September 17
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 28, 2013 13:51

London, 28 August 2013: BluesFest 2013 announces that The Ronnie Wood Band will close the event in a huge grand finale on Friday 1 November. Natalie Cole is also announced as part of a special co-headline show with the sensational Gregory Porter, while Van Morrison and Mick Hucknall partner up for an All Star Tribute to blues and soul legend Bobby Bland. Other exciting additions include Steve Craddock, Big Boy Bloater and Huddled Masses for one huge celebration of Blues and everything it has inspired. BluesFest takes place at London’s Royal Albert Hall 29 October – 1 November 2013. Tickets go on sale this Friday 30 August available at www.livenation.co.uk.

Fresh from touring with The Rolling Stones, Ronnie Wood is announced for BluesFest 2013. Last year Ronnie Wood brought the house down with an incredible celebration of the legendary Chess Records. This year promises to go one step further, as Ronnie and his band return to perform a special tribute to one of the most influential bluesmen of all time – Jimmy Reed. Ronnie will lend his boisterous riffmanship and incisive vocals to some of his favourite Jimmy Reed tracks in an incredible grand finale to BluesFest.

Ronnie Wood commented: “Jimmy Reed was one of the premier influences on The Rolling Stones and all the bands that love American Blues from that era until the present day. It is my honour to have the opportunity to celebrate his life and legacy with this tribute.”

[www.bluesfest.co.uk]

---

UPDATE: JUNE 9, 2021

New Ronnie Wood album! MR LUCK – A TRIBUTE TO JIMMY REED out SEPTEMBER 2021

[www.ronniewood.com]

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 17:31 by bye bye johnny.

Re: Ronnie Wood Band at BluesFest London, November 1
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 28, 2013 14:11

so no tour....

Date: August 28, 2013 14:13

hockenheim95
so no tour....

...this year. We already knew that smiling smiley

Save up for spring 2014, though.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 28, 2013 14:15

Bill won't be there this year, the RK's are playing Stoke on 1st November.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 28, 2013 14:49

bye bye johnny

London, 28 August 2013: BluesFest 2013 announces that The Ronnie Wood Band will close the event in a huge grand finale on Friday 1 November. Natalie Cole is also announced as part of a special co-headline show with the sensational Gregory Porter, while Van Morrison and Mick Hucknall partner up for an All Star Tribute to blues and soul legend Bobby Bland. Other exciting additions include Steve Craddock, Big Boy Bloater and Huddled Masses for one huge celebration of Blues and everything it has inspired. BluesFest takes place at London’s Royal Albert Hall 29 October – 1 November 2013. Tickets go on sale this Friday 30 August available at www.livenation.co.uk.

Fresh from touring with The Rolling Stones, Ronnie Wood is announced for BluesFest 2013. Last year Ronnie Wood brought the house down with an incredible celebration of the legendary Chess Records. This year promises to go one step further, as Ronnie and his band return to perform a special tribute to one of the most influential bluesmen of all time – Jimmy Reed. Ronnie will lend his boisterous riffmanship and incisive vocals to some of his favourite Jimmy Reed tracks in an incredible grand finale to BluesFest.

Ronnie Wood commented: “Jimmy Reed was one of the premier influences on The Rolling Stones and all the bands that love American Blues from that era until the present day. It is my honour to have the opportunity to celebrate his life and legacy with this tribute.”

[www.bluesfest.co.uk]

Yeah well f**k Live Nation thanks, after the Hyde Park fiasco I'll hopefully (unless there's absolutely no other option whatsoever) buy another ticket to a show from that shower of imbeciles.

Meanwhile, no need to wait till Friday 30th, I just landed two dead centre in row 1 of the arena from O2 Priority tickets ............ so get yours now and be there and tell RW you love him !! cool smiley The O2 presale is already on.

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Onsale to General Public
Start: Fri 30/08/13, 09:00

Live Nation Presale
Start: Thu 29/08/13, 09:00
End: Fri 30/08/13, 08:00

O2 Presale
Start: Wed 28/08/13, 09:00

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 28, 2013 15:29

paulywaul
bye bye johnny

[www.bluesfest.co.uk]

Yeah well f**k Live Nation thanks, after the Hyde Park fiasco I'll hopefully (unless there's absolutely no other option whatsoever) buy another ticket to a show from that shower of imbeciles.

Meanwhile, no need to wait till Friday 30th, I just landed two dead centre in row 1 of the arena from O2 Priority tickets ............ so get yours now and be there and tell RW you love him !! cool smiley The O2 presale is already on.

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Onsale to General Public

Live Nation Presale

O2 Presale

A bit difficult from Belgium...

Date: August 28, 2013 17:21

paulywaul
The O2 presale is already on.

Thanks for the info. Below are links to purchases tickets ahead of Friday's general on sale. Live Nation pre-sale starts tomorrow, August 29 @ 9:OO

O2 Priority - [www.o2priority.co.uk]

Live Nation - [www.livenation.co.uk]

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 28, 2013 17:27

who's in Ronnie's band?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 28, 2013 17:35

duke richardson
who's in Ronnie's band?

Jagger,keef,Charlie and Bill

jeroen

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: August 28, 2013 17:59

also tedeschi-trucks band will be part of this festival. i like that

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 28, 2013 18:28

duke richardson
who's in Ronnie's band?

Jesse Wood and Mick Hucknal I guess. Micks playing earlier that night.
Hope he doesn't have James McCartney on there. eye rolling smiley

Date: August 28, 2013 18:28

bye bye johnny
paulywaul
The O2 presale is already on.

Thanks for the info. Below are links to purchases tickets ahead of Friday's general on sale. Live Nation pre-sale starts tomorrow, August 29 @ 9:OO

O2 Priority - [www.o2priority.co.uk]

Live Nation - [www.livenation.co.uk]

I suggest NO-ONE uses the Live Nation presale, this company does not deserve to be in business anymore ... it's crap. Boycott the twats

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 28, 2013 18:30

corriecas
duke richardson
who's in Ronnie's band?

jeroen

Kenny, Rod, Mac, would be preferable

Date: August 28, 2013 19:44

duke richardson
who's in Ronnie's band?

Could be that even Ronnie doesn't know at the moment. ;-)

No doubt he'll have a cracking band and a guest or two at RAH.

Date: August 28, 2013 19:48

duke richardson
corriecas
duke richardson
who's in Ronnie's band?

jeroen

Kenny, Rod, Mac, would be preferable

Thats true smileys with beer
jeroen

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 28, 2013 20:03

It appears Ronnie is the latter-day barometer for determining Stones activity or a lack thereof.

The time taken to rehearse "The Ronnie Wood Band" into shape for the November 1 gig means also that The Stones have no studio plans this fall.

They really are taking a break, and a lengthy one at that. Well, Charlie needs the rest, good for the back.

Date: August 28, 2013 20:16

Ronnie only had a couple of rehearsals with the band he played with in Atlantic City last April - Bernard, Chuck, Andy Wallace, Steve Jordan and Willie Weeks - and they sounded like they'd been together for years.

He rehearsed three whole days for last year's BluesFest.

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: August 28, 2013 22:31

Ronnie is really out there playing. I bet he´ll be playing quite a lot of places before the end of the year.
I really admire his actual attitude of just get up and play, like he did in Barcelona a few days ago. Can you imagine the guys in that band? Surely they were in heaven...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 28, 2013 22:42

He loves his music, and he loves playing music.
The best type of musician. smoking smiley

Date: August 28, 2013 22:46

Go Ronnie Go

Love Ya,, forget the Stones, just Rock On !!

JEROEN

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 29, 2013 00:44

party on Ronnie!!! party on Wayne!! party on Garth!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-29 00:46 by triceratops.

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: August 29, 2013 12:11

I will be there, going from Spain! Unable to get such good tickets as I could not enter the yesterday´s sale. Finally I got 2 tickets in the arena this morning, row 16. I will try to improve that if new tickets appear.

paulywaul
bye bye johnny

[www.bluesfest.co.uk]

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Onsale to General Public

Live Nation Presale

O2 Presale

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: August 29, 2013 12:22

If you select ticket price '125', then 'best available, you will get better seats. I've got Row 2.
At first I just selected 'best available', and offered Row 16.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 29, 2013 12:30

Where did you get tickets ?

Tried the Livenation presale :

Live Nation Presale

But it's only for members ??

Date: August 29, 2013 12:36

Try the O2 Priority presale, they're offering rows 1 and 2 of the arena at the moment ........

Date: August 29, 2013 12:38

You can just register on Live Nation. Search 'pre-sale' first, then click Ronnie Wood..
If you just search Ronnie Wood, you will only see the info without 'buy ticket' button.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 29, 2013 12:42

paulywaul
Try the O2 Priority presale, they're offering rows 1 and 2 of the arena at the moment ........

Thanks,but I have no "O2 phone number" :-(

First, we need your O2 phone number

Date: August 29, 2013 12:45

Yes I tried that and I have just tried again...but nothing available...

ladywilliam
If you select ticket price '125', then 'best available, you will get better seats. I've got Row 2.

Date: August 29, 2013 12:46

Thanks Paulywaul, but I tried yesterday and its impossible as I dont have an 02 UK mobile phone number. Is there ant other way to do it?

paulywaul

Date: August 29, 2013 12:52

Garbie
Yes I tried that and I have just tried again...but nothing available...

ladywilliam

You can try later today, and if you can't find anything nice, you can try Royal Albert Hall website tomorrow.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1441
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home