Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12
Re: Mick: 'Get On Up' film & HBO TV series
Date: July 15, 2014 21:55

stupidguy2
could this be the most positive movie-related thing he's worked on since Performance?

I think the best thing Mick did movie related was the part in The Man rom Elysian Fields. I beleive there was mention from some critics he deserved an oscar nod......

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 15, 2014 22:06

i found this movie, Man from elysian fields a bit boring, and certainly jaggers part is not worth mentioning.

Jeroen

'Get On Up'
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 16, 2014 16:40

HBO "First Look: Get On Up" premieres July 16, 10:30 pm.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 17, 2014 01:52

Seriously, you thought Mick's role in Elysian Fields was BORING? I thought he did a fabulous job with that part! Different strokes I guess.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 17, 2014 04:37

As far as The Man From Elysian Fields goes, I'm no expert but I did quite a bit of theatre growing up, and I thought the 2 minute clip I watched on youtube (the part where they are sitting at the dinner table and he gets rejected) was pretty decent on his part. The woman in the scene with him was pretty bad in my opinion, and overall as a film though it did not do so well, hence my earlier comment that if Get On Up does well it might be his most successful venture since Performance.

'Get On Up'
Date: July 18, 2014 00:33

"Extended" trailer, with Stones content, posted on Mick's Twitter:

In New York for the premiere of #GetOnUp - hope you love it as much as we do! Chad is incredible. Here's the trailer

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-18 02:03 by bye bye johnny.

'Get On Up'
Date: July 18, 2014 03:03

Veronica Smiley

Mick with producer Brian Grazer, director Tate Taylor and "Today" show's Matt Lauer.

"Today" interview with them and the 'Get On Up' cast airs July 18.

[www.today.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 18, 2014 14:21

Some pics here of Mick from a screening in LA yesterday:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

'Get On Up'
Date: July 18, 2014 14:36

Nice work by the Daily Mail. Screening was in New York. But the focus of the article really wasn't about that, so why bother with such details.

Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images

Actor Octavia Spencer, producer Brian Grazer, Mick, director Tate Taylor, actor Chadwick Boseman, producer Victoria Pearman, actor Nelsan Ellis, and actor Dan Aykroyd

Re: 'Get On Up'
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 18, 2014 15:31

bye bye johnny
Nice work by the Daily Mail. Screening was in New York. But the focus of the article really wasn't about that, so why bother with such details.

Thanks for putting us right smiling smiley And yes, why indeed let facts get in the way of regurgitating and perpetuating whatever "story" it's really driving at. Ouf...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 18, 2014 15:34

Just watched the interview. Can't wait to see the movie. Mick said that it's been a tough year for him and he has been getting a lot of support.

'Get On Up'
Date: July 18, 2014 16:47

Mick Jagger talks ‘Get On Up’ film, L’Wren Scott: It was a ‘very hard year, but I got back'

Watch the interview here > [www.today.com]

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 18, 2014 21:38

I didn't see you posted Today interview in this thread, bye bye johnny and posted it in the new one
Great interview, btw
I can't say anything about Chadwick Boseman, but I just love Nelsan Ellis who plays Brown's collaborator and producer Bobby Byrd. There was a story that Mick demonstrated him how his character actually danced

Date: July 18, 2014 21:56

I checked out this thread and for some reason can't see the great article/interview in HR about Mick's movies projects. I clearly remember that I posted it here/
Anyway, here it is
Jagger's New Swagger: Mick Moves to Movies, Blasts Idea of Memoir
01/22/2014 by Tatiana Siegel
[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

and gallery Mick Jagger Goes Hollywood
[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Mick Talks James Brown
Posted by: stoneskid ()
Date: July 18, 2014 20:29

Jagger talks for the first time about L'Wren...
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 18, 2014 20:48

Re: Jagger talks for the first time about L'Wren...
Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 18, 2014 21:02

Awesome interview wow

Mick speaks out for the first time since L'Wren's death - Today interview
Date: July 18, 2014 20:55

Mick Jagger opened up on NBC's “Today” show about the challenging year he's faced since the suicide of his girlfriend L'wren Scott.

“I'm doing okay,” Jagger told host Matt Lauer. “It's difficult. Very hard year, but I got back into it by working on touring with the Stones in Europe and doing other things, including doing this great movie.”
hat movie is the upcoming James Brown biopic “Get On Up,” on which Jagger is a producer. But before discussing the film, Lauer first asked the legendary Rolling Stones singer about his struggles since Scott's death in March.

After admitting his friends and family were instrumental in helping him through the grieving process, the 70-year-old rock star steered the conversation back toward the film he was there to promote and the man the film honors.

Jagger raved about the way Brown charmed audiences on stage and “the way he told them what to do, the way he gave them his emotions and encouraged them to give back.”

To watch the interview - [www.today.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-18 21:10 by proudmary.

Re: Mick speaks out for first time since L'Wren's death - Today interview
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 18, 2014 21:02

Mick never "speaks out". He wouldn't speak to Matt Lauer unless he had something to sell. A film this time. Hope this one does better than the earlier ones.

Re: Mick speaks out for first time since L'Wren's death - Today interview
Date: July 18, 2014 21:08

Stoneage
Mick never "speaks out". He wouldn't speak to Matt Lauer unless he had something to sell. A film this time. Hope this one does better than the earlier ones.

Your sympathy for the old devil never ceases to amaze me, Stoneage

Re: Mick speaks out for the first time since L'Wren's death - Today interview
Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 18, 2014 21:13

Great interview!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 18, 2014 21:42

Yes great interview...I think the subject line doesn't really reflect the interview at all though.

I don't think Mick actually wants to talk about L'Wren and that's ok by me...his personal life and grief.

The movie sounds like it's going to be excellent though.

Date: July 18, 2014 21:48

treaclefingers
Yes great interview...I think the subject line doesn't really reflect the interview at all though.

I don't think Mick actually wants to talk about L'Wren and that's ok by me...his personal life and grief.

The movie sounds like it's going to be excellent though.

I agree,treacle, I just wanted to say that was Mick's very first interview since then. I think he wanted to say what he said

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 18, 2014 22:16

Mick has been a pro at interviews with over 50 years experience.

No one is gonna force him to talk in depth,if he is there to talk about something else.

He has always been his own man,and will never slip up with people who are looking for an exclusive interview for their own gains. smoking smiley

'Get On Up'
Date: July 18, 2014 22:42

With Jill Scott, who plays JB's second wife Dee Dee, July 17 in NY.

My work day. : )

[twitter.com]

Date: July 18, 2014 23:39

When does this TV-serie start? Co-producer - what does that mean in Jagger's case? Visiting the set once in a while? Why isn't Sir Michael tituled correctly in the USA?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 19, 2014 00:04

Nice interview by Matt Lauer, who's known Mick for a while. Lauer handled the L'Wren question very smoothly, right off the top and then moved on quickly. I can bet that Lauer discussed it with Mick before the interview and they agreed to exactly what would be asked, when it would be asked, and Mick told him how he would answer.

The series sounds very good, the fact that HBO is involved is a very good sign as they are known for producing quality films.

Stoneage, in answer to your question about Mick's title...it's generally not done in the US - we fought a revolution over it. winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 19, 2014 00:09

latebloomer
Nice interview by Matt Lauer, who's known Mick for a while. Lauer handled the L'Wren question very smoothly, right off the top and then moved on quickly. I can bet that Lauer discussed it with Mick before the interview and they agreed to exactly what would be asked, when it would be asked, and Mick told him how he would answer.

The series sounds very good, the fact that HBO is involved is a very good sign as they are known for producing quality films.

Stoneage, in answer to your question about Mick's title...it's generally not done in the US - we fought a revolution over it. winking smiley

I agree. It was 'the elephant in the room' and MJ knew one day or another it would come up, so better to get it on and off the table with 'a friendly reporter' as quickly as possible and move on.

If anyone wants to belabour it at a later date and time he can say that he's said all he wants to on the subject publicly.

Date: July 19, 2014 00:16

Yes, you did, Bloomer. One of few revolutions which was successful. More so than the French one which ended in the Reign of Terror...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-19 00:38 by Stoneage.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 19, 2014 00:27

Stoneage
Yes, you did, Bloomer. One of few communist revolutions which was successful. More so than the French one which ended in the Reign of Terror...

I'm gonna ignore your political provocations there, because you are, after all, from the stoneage...winking smiley

But, I will tell you that we actually have a clause in our constitution that forbids the granting of titles, and our Senate once tried to get an amendment to the constitution that would strip anyone of their citizenship if they accepted a title from a foreign country. There was a lot of debate over what to call George Washington as our first president before they finally settled on Mr. President.

To bring this back, we do have a King of Pop, The King of Rock and Roll, and Mr. James Brown is Soul Brother Number One, which is almost the same as a king. cool smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home