Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12
Re: Mick filming in Mississippi?
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 27, 2014 00:02

Mick looks great and so relaxed and happy in that pic. winking smiley
Definitely looks ready for rehearsals, (wherever they may be), and the tour starting in less than a month away.
It's all looking good,especially if they win something at the Grammys tonight. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 27, 2014 00:23

AARRGGHH! He's getting closer! Another 90 minutes and I could be serving him tea and inviting him to search for cricket on TV!

Good thing I'm not the sort of person who goes and stalks people's hotels. winking smiley

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: January 27, 2014 03:29

He has tour hair. Looking great.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: January 27, 2014 06:16

Looks like a morning photo! Mick help me god looking old!

Re: Mick Jagger is producing the new James Brown biopic, 'Get On Up'
Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: January 30, 2014 05:38

I don't know and I could be wrong but do that many people still give a hoot about James Brown? Doesn't seem like a mass appeal type of topic and I think maybe Mick's overlooked the fact most of us have moved on. And I don't mind being wrong about this one. Just hate to see Jagger with another embarrassing flop on his record such as Freejack.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 30, 2014 07:54

Hopefully the biopic will re-kindle interest in one of the essential performers and recording artists of all time. JB should never be forgotten.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 5, 2014 13:37

Mick Jagger Talks James Brown on the Set of Biopic 'Get On Up'

On the second-to-last day of filming for the upcoming James Brown biopic, Get On Up, Chadwick Boseman, resplendent in a mustard-colored mock turtleneck, dark vest and dark pants, slides across the stage of the Mississippi Coliseum in Jackson, Mississippi, spins around, punches the air with the microphone stand to punctuate the horn line from Brown's "I Got the Feelin'," then dips back toward the band to sing, "Baby, baby, baby/baby, baby, baby." Today, the Coliseum is a stand-in for Boston Garden, and Boseman is playing Brown during a famous 1968 show, the night after Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated. A few yards away, the film's director, Tate Taylor, and two producers, Mick Jagger and Brian Grazer, stand, arms folded, staring at video monitors, taking it all in.
"It's a really hard role to do," Jagger says, an hour later, during a break in filming. "It would've been safer to take someone from Broadway who had a lot of dancing and singing background. Chad would be the first to tell you, he wasn't a dancer. But after he'd worked for six weeks on it, he immeasurably had become the character."
Jagger would know. Although, he says he and Brown weren't close friends when the soul legend was alive (Brown died in 2006), he spent plenty of time with him in backstage dressing rooms and concert halls, studying and absorbing his stage demeanor, his dynamic with his band and, of course, his dance moves. "The way he interacted with the audience, the timing, I was taking it all in and trying to understand the whole picture of it," Jagger says.
Boseman, who earned plaudits for his portrayal of baseball great Jackie Robinson in 42, initially wasn't interested in becoming the Godfather of Soul.
"I felt like I shouldn't play another icon, I shouldn't do another biopic," he says. "And the singing and the dancing — I can hold a tune and I'll dance if I go to the club, but doing this is a whole other level. James Brown influenced hip-hop, he influenced Michael Jackson and Prince. It's sort of the foundation for a lot of things we're still doing."
Taylor was convinced, though, that Boseman, who grew up in Anderson, South Carolina, not far from Brown's hometown of Augusta, Georgia, was the guy for the job.
"I wanted someone with the red soil of that part of the country in their veins," says Taylor, a Mississippi native who had previously directed the surprise 2011 Oscar-winner, The Help. "When I heard Chad was from Anderson, I could not believe it. He's protective of the men of the South, and said, 'We cannot mess this up! I don't know if I can do it right!' And I was like, 'I'm with you! Just come on!' And he came in and killed it."
The film, which Grazer has been trying to get made since the Nineties, will follow Brown's story from his hardscrabble childhood all the way through his tempestuous later years. In addition to all the physical demands of the role, Boseman has had to walk a fine line between inhabiting the character and simply impersonating him.
"You're not acting if you're doing an impression," he says. "That's the total opposite of what you want to do. It's a real person and you have that pressure of trying to find the spirit of that person without imitating them." Today's filming, he says, was demanding but nowhere near the toughest he's had.
"There was one day that was like 15 hours of dancing, take after take after take after take. I counted up and I think I did 90 splits.
"So it's been fun," he continues, smiling, "but I'm also ready for this to stop."

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 6, 2014 22:05

Is this movie actually happening or is it like that Johnny Depp movie about Keith, which feels like Urban Legend now?

[thepowergoats.com]

'Get On Up'
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 2, 2014 23:50

Craig Robinson as Maceo Parker and Chadwick Boseman as James Brown / Credit: D Stevens

It's Oscar night 2014, and The Hollywood Reporter is tipping 'Get On Up' as an early contender for next year's Best Picture award.

GET ON UP - UNIVERSAL, AUG. 1

The Help director Tate Taylor's follow-up is a James Brown biopic starring 42's Chadwick Boseman. Universal is betting the late-summer release date that helped Help and The Butler (and extra music cred from producer Mick Jagger) will propel this film through awards season.

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Get On Up trailer, Biopic produced by Mick Jagger
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: March 14, 2014 20:09

Sorry if it was posted here before.
The new biopic about James Brown, produced by Mick Jagger
It looks good...

Re: Get On Up trailer, Biopic produced by Mick Jagger
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 14, 2014 23:17

Finally a movie to get excited about.

Feel 'real good' about Mick's involvement bringing us the real James Brown.

OT : Get on up | movie trailer
Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: May 22, 2014 16:14

Looks great. Can't wait to see the movie

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT : Get on up | movie trailer
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 22, 2014 17:30

For those who can't see the clip or don't want to click it is a trailer for a James Brown biopic.

Posted by: BostonLass ()
Date: May 22, 2014 18:15

And for those who don't know - if there happen to be any who don't - Mick Jagger produced the film. He posted the trailer on his own website today and tweeted a link, as well. (His first social media communication not related to L'Wren Scott since her death, I believe).

[www.mickjagger.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: May 22, 2014 19:22

This definitely looks like a great pic. James Brown was an icon and I hope they do him justice. Loved that last scene! lol
I see Don Ackroyd is in it as well.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 22, 2014 19:30

For those who are really bored: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: May 23, 2014 01:19

Charles Bradley should be playing James Brown.

Re: 'Get On Up'
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 23, 2014 01:41

bye bye johnny

Craig Robinson as Maceo Parker and Chadwick Boseman as James Brown / Credit: D Stevens

I hadn't seen this picture before--maybe it's just me, but Boseman strikes me as looking just like a young black Mick Jagger here.

Re: Mick Jagger' movies projects
Date: June 28, 2014 16:13

HBO's Scorsese-Jagger Pilot Adds Mick's Son, Andrew Dice Clay, Six Others to Cast

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Date: June 28, 2014 16:24

HBO’s Rock ‘N’ Roll Pilot filming in Manhattan today

[www.onlocationvacations.com]

Premiere at the Apollo: Question
Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 14, 2014 22:56

I am going to be in NYC when the James Brown biopic has its world premiere. All the huge people involved in the film (including, of course, Mick) are going to be there, and I hadn't had anything planned that day. Could anyone who's had experience with this sort of thing tell me if there would be any point in trying to go and hang around outside to try and get a glimpse of people? I figured that this is such a coincidence that I should try and take advantage of it, but I've never done anything like this...

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 14, 2014 23:24

i've been seeing ad's and the trailor for this everywhere and it look's really good.

mick might have scored a direct hit with this one.

Re: Premiere at the Apollo: Question
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 14, 2014 23:29

alieb
I am going to be in NYC when the James Brown biopic has its world premiere. All the huge people involved in the film (including, of course, Mick) are going to be there, and I hadn't had anything planned that day. Could anyone who's had experience with this sort of thing tell me if there would be any point in trying to go and hang around outside to try and get a glimpse of people? I figured that this is such a coincidence that I should try and take advantage of it, but I've never done anything like this...

of course you should.find out where it's being held and get there early.you'll have to wait around a long time and probably only see mick and some others for a second or two but you'll be in the city so it's not like there's nothing to do afterward.

'Get On Up' Premiere at the Apollo Theater, NYC
Date: July 14, 2014 23:42

Premiere's July 21 at the Apollo. Screening is invite only, but non-invitees will doubtless crowd the theater area to glimpse the red carpet arrivals.

[www.prnewswire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-15 00:00 by bye bye johnny.

Date: July 15, 2014 00:29

okay, sounds like that's my plan for monday! I'll report back about what I see of course smiling smiley Thanks for the advice.

Re: Mick: 'Get On Up' film & HBO TV series
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 15, 2014 01:33

I hope its good. I liked the Help, the director's last movie, and he has a good eye for authentic period settings, and he's from the south, so it should have a sense of that time and place. But musical bios are tricky.
I hope Mick has a good run with this one.

Date: July 15, 2014 03:13

stupidguy2
I hope its good. I liked the Help, the director's last movie, and he has a good eye for authentic period settings, and he's from the south, so it should have a sense of that time and place. But musical bios are tricky.
I hope Mick has a good run with this one.

If all goes well, could this be the most positive movie-related thing he's worked on since Performance? Gotta give him kudos for keeping on with it...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 15, 2014 12:32

Well. really like James brown, sounds like a good movie. Thanks mick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and now that football in Brasil is over, please start recording some New songs with Keef and the Band !!!!!!!

please i mean.

Jeroen

'Get On Up'
Date: July 15, 2014 17:18

Mick's in Universal's 'Get On Up' featurette:

Trailers and promo spots - [www.youtube.com]

[www.getonupmovie.com]

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 15, 2014 21:44

the clip really looks good and I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home