Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: OT: the VMAs
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 27, 2013 20:04

Meanwhile in Syria...

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: August 27, 2013 22:36

GumbootCloggeroo
tatters
I get what that shirt is trying to say but it doesn't make sense. Why is the word never replacing back down? "They want us to never"? Huh?

Can someone eplain this please , what does the tekst on the t shirt means ?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 27, 2013 22:48

His Majesty
Meanwhile in Syria...

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 27, 2013 23:38

A little story....Five or six years ago I ran into a young girl headed into a fabric shop on La Brea in LA. I was looking for a hardware store that I knew was nearby but couldn't seem to find.

I said to the young girl, "Can you tell me where the hardware store is..." She obviously was in a hurry but she slowed down, looked me in the eye, recognized that I was an "older" person and she became quite polite. I could tell from her tone of voice that she was Southern-born. And all at once I realized that this was Miley Cyrus, raised to show good manners to her elders.. A musician pal of mine had played on one of her albums and was a friend of her father's. I started to say, "Oh you're Miley...My friend Ed has nice things to say about you" but I didn't because it suddenly came into my head that the next day was the Grammys and that she obviously had a lot on her mind.

Anyway, she was ultimately quite sweet. When I saw her on the VMA's I was horrified. Tacky. "costume" appalling...her "moves" even more so. What changed her so much, I wondered.

And then...this is where it finally gets interesting...I saw Miley's mother on TV last night being interviewed about her daughter's appearance. "I was SO proud," Mrs. Cyrus said in her downhome twang. "She was just AMAZING..."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 28, 2013 00:53

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 28, 2013 01:30

Is is just me, or was there not a moment on Dec. 15, 2012 in which Gaga bent over in full "twerk" mode? Mick either didn't understand what she was trying to get him to do, or, more likely, understood all too well and was simply unwilling to oblige. Oh, what might have been .... Missed opportunity at 4:34.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-28 01:37 by tatters.

Date: August 28, 2013 01:45

Funny how Gaga just happened to also be wearing one of those Beetlejuice suits at the time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-28 01:46 by tatters.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 28, 2013 02:28

And nobody is complaining about the guy in the referee suit who happily cooperated with her lapdance...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 28, 2013 02:29

Koen
And nobody is complaining about the guy in the referee suit who happily cooperated with her lapdance...
Robin Thicke looked embarrassed to be there. Of course he should be embarrassed by his awful song.

Date: August 28, 2013 02:35

Ok, but I did see him smile on a clip on TV.

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: August 28, 2013 03:59

I guess Miley is hoping the shock value will get her the pop career, or celebrity career, or whatever career she's going after. The price has obviously been her dignity. Very difficult to get that back after you sell it, so hopefully she won't be needing it.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 28, 2013 04:04

For all you Breaking Bad fans:

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 28, 2013 09:36

I see Miley heading for a ghastly Britney Spears episode, if somebody doesn't put the brakes on for her. Both nice Southern girls--I guess we drive them away and they go off the rails . . .

Edit: Twerking is now in the OED, and is a lot less specific than I'd thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-28 09:46 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 28, 2013 10:36

I watched it just now (DVR'ed it), fast-forwarding through most of it. When watching Justin Timberlake, more than ever I was glad those people threw bottles at him when he sang with the Stones in Toronto. (Although I liked him in Trouble with the Curve.) Bland, bland music from start to finish. I like Bruno Mars, but even he's what I listen to on the rare occasion I want something bland. The VMA's had the Hives on once. That's rock n roll. What happened to that type stuff??

Date: August 28, 2013 14:39

The lolling tongue is clearly an homage to the Stones, a kind of "application" to be a special guest on the next leg of the tour. Let's face it. She's definitely special guest material.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-28 14:40 by tatters.

Date: August 28, 2013 15:03

tatters
Is is just me, or was there not a moment on Dec. 15, 2012 in which Gaga bent over in full "twerk" mode? Mick either didn't understand what she was trying to get him to do, or, more likely, understood all too well and was simply unwilling to oblige. Oh, what might have been .... Missed opportunity at 4:34.

i had never seen that before but lady gaga was not twerking anywhere in that clip. at 4:34 she briefly hunches over while singing a note

Date: August 28, 2013 15:25

keefriffhard4life
tatters

i had never seen that before but lady gaga was not twerking anywhere in that clip. at 4:34 she briefly hunches over while singing a note

She walks over to Mick, bends over, and points several times to her own ass. C'mon, she had clearly "assumed the position."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-28 15:28 by tatters.

Date: August 28, 2013 15:27

tatters
keefriffhard4life
tatters

And points several times to her own ass?

i don't know what you are seeing. her arm is just flailing about while she is singing. singers all do crazy hand movements, look at joe cocker

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: August 28, 2013 15:39

keefriffhard4life
tatters
keefriffhard4life
tatters

i don't know what you are seeing. her arm is just flailing about while she is singing. singers all do crazy hand movements, look at joe cocker

I don't see any ass pointing either.

Date: August 28, 2013 15:53

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 28, 2013 16:31

NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life
tatters
keefriffhard4life
tatters

I don't see any ass pointing either.

>> look at joe cocker<<

OK...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 28, 2013 17:30

Unfortunately, yet another young female celebrity who has bought into the idea that looking emaciated is somehow sexy.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 28, 2013 17:39

71Tele
Unfortunately, yet another young female celebrity who has bought into the idea that looking emaciated is somehow sexy.
it is not

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: August 28, 2013 17:51

There are definately other ways of dissociating yourself from Disney, but it should come as no surprise. Just think of Britney Spears, Christina of Lindsay going 'white trash' after their initial succes...

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: August 28, 2013 18:14

Miley Cyrus seriously needs to stop with the tongue thing. It's not sexy at all. And if she's trying to be edgy or have some kind of schtick or whatever, it's already been done. Gene Simmons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-28 18:15 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: August 28, 2013 18:50

I think she acts like a 12-year-old who just got her first 'big girl' bra. 'Hey lookit! Boobies! Hahahaha! Look at meeee....please!' And the rubber granny panties sure make her butt look weird.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 28, 2013 19:48

tatters

Can't help but notice that she hugged everyone but Charlie. What's up with that?!?!?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 28, 2013 21:09

tatters

Pay attenton to Mr Leavell when Gaga bends over at 4:34.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: August 28, 2013 22:02

I think Blurred Lines, the song and video, are a good bit of naughty entertaining fun. The production on the song is terrific. As far as I can tell Thicke is a complete no talent, but nonetheless I find myself watching his amused Mr. Cool posturing. He lets you in on the joke. "Can you believe I am getting away with this?" But what works in a well edited, fanciful video does not translate to the harsh reality of the stage where the performers and the audience do not have the buffer that a camera and editing bring. The results at best are embarrassing. But I would not get into a big snit over it. This board is dedicated to a band that has for years performed a song about rape, murder and SM sex and many think it is the highlight of the show. Other bump and grind moments have been mentioned.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 28, 2013 22:22

...how's Miley's record sales lookin'??????

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1647
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home