Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stupid Thief!
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: April 20, 2005 18:22

Came home to a nice surprise today. I had an uninvited guest. He took all my cameras / lenses / flashlights / filters ect. I rushed to my special Stones room. Here I keep all my cd's / lp's / ect. To my relief I saw he didn't even touched it. 'My heart jumped into my mouth'.....It would have been a mental and financial disaster. Still I'm very pissed. The @#$%& stole my work equipment. On the other hand: I'm glad he wasn't a Stone fan......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-20 18:22 by Potted Shrimp.

Re: Stupid Thief!
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 20, 2005 18:27

What a fookin' @#$%&.

I read on tele-text that, in Denmark, 4 to 5 million pieces of post is transported every day. 70.000 is lost every day. Mainly it's CDs and DVDs that get stolen. I have had stuff stolen a couple of times by this. My package with CDs for Dennis, the package from Wouter and lastly, I think, the package with 2 versions of Brussels Affair and the @#$%& Blues DVD I was to get from Daniel T.

Getting stuff stolen from moral-less @#$%& is so sad I can't even believe it. Sorry to hear about your loss Mark. sad smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 20, 2005 18:31

Sorry to hear that Shrimp, must have been awfull to enter your house and find stuff stolen. Luck he didn't touch the Stones stuff!

Mathijs

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 20, 2005 18:34

Sorry to hear your news.
I had my car broken into once and the theif ran of with my tapes then on noticing what they were seemed to have thrown them back! Charmin.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 20, 2005 18:37

I am little hurt by the thief neglecting the value of the Stones stuff.. Not only being a thief but a tasteless idiot as well... but still, sorry to hear, Potted Shrimp.

- Doxa

Posted by: TheKnitter ()
Date: April 20, 2005 18:40

Must have been some camera .... maybe it was a nip-in, quick rummage, nip-out guy... a bit like my courting days.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 20, 2005 19:23

A shame!
...My parents had their house emptied last summer.
Myself I was robbed twice back in ´84 (Amsterdam), once ´85 in Leningrad.
It´s a feeling that never vanishes,
though worst when your life is or seems to be at stake
(like in Amsterdam while I was leakin´behind the railway station - not an act by a drunkard, but a reasonable thing to do while it looked calm & peaceful - and all of a sudden a sharp-edged nife on my throat: "hey. amigo"", some latinamericans. "Give us your money!" (or something else, sure I understood).
These semidutch baggers didnt get much, maybe 5 Gulden; in Russia I had to wave goodbye to about 20 quid (£), my drivers license & some others useful things in my temporary wallet. My mums reaction from her house was the photos of us 'kids' and the grandchildren... Anything else didnt matter, but the pictures... Chrushed in order to find some hidden money. And the cops are doing sh*t.

I feel sorry for you also, Mark/P Shrimp.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 20, 2005 19:33

Sorry bout what happened to you.
I think the only "positive" thing is that your photo material can be replaced by your insurance since they have a commercial value they can evaluate.
It'd be much harder to replace the CDs, especially the bootlegs and the other Stones collectibles you may have.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: April 20, 2005 19:40

Sorry about that news, Potted Shrimp. Doc is right, you sure had your working material insured, don't you??

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: mark ()
Date: April 20, 2005 20:01

I guess you guys don't want to hear I leave the front door open 24/7.

In Canada the thinking is, if they want in they will break the door down, why have to but a new door as well. Yes Micheal Moore was telling the truth.

Not to say we do not have our share of mindless insensitive stupid crooks....tee's me off to no end hearing this type of crap....my condolences.

Now I'm not sure if other countries have the same 'quite rules' but I have been told twice by frustrated cops that should they respond to a breakin and find say...hypotheticly speeking of course (hush hush)... should they find the perp out cold on the floor, or maybe screeming from a broken head that the police report would support any reasoning the victim stated..they tripped and hit their head on my baseball bat.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: April 20, 2005 20:42

Bad news shrimp, but you'll probably consider yourself lucky in the end, with equipment insured for sure.

Only this: you're sure he didn't leave a piece op Dirty Work behind your couch as testimony to his own fear?...

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Date: April 20, 2005 20:44

Thanks everybody. And Greg: Dirty Work is about the only think he could have taken from my collection without a problem (sorry Deidre)!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 20, 2005 21:31

Sorry to hear that Shrimp. Must have been an awfull feeling.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: davido ()
Date: April 21, 2005 04:54

Glad yer Stones are alright.
He sounds like a complete idiot/ ass.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: April 21, 2005 09:11

This begs the question: is there anyone out there with an insured boot collection? Is this stuff insurable?

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Date: April 21, 2005 09:28

Yes. You can insure your OFFICIAL stuff. I use an insurance esp. for collections (e.g. art / stamps / music). But your boots are worth close to nothing for the insurance when stolen! It has to be official. With a 'normal' insurance you'll only get about 2 Euro's for every cd. Doesn't matter if it's your 20 year old Dirty Work or an extremely rare promo.......... With the special insurance you insure the Whole collection for a certain amount of money. It's even valuable when you take it abroad. If you do take such an insurance, take pics of EVERY Stones item you own, it help the insurance people to confince that you are really that fool who has 2764 Stones items (not that I do............)!

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: April 21, 2005 10:26

Sorry to hear that.
Happend to me some years ago. The worst thing that was stolen was my CD-collection. It's not fun to start all over again!! It's a long way to go. (For an example it took me 8 years to get a new Primitive Cool CD-picture disc) It,s easier to by a new video-recorder!) Lucky for me that the thief didn't like vinyl.
It's not fun when it's happen, but be glad you still got your Stones-stuff.
Have a nice day.

Per-Arne

And to everybody: Get a special insurance before it's to late.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1281
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home