Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Small things you love in Stones songs
Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: August 23, 2013 14:35

Silver Dagger
At the beginning of Winter when Mick sniffs...Well it's sure...sniff...been a long cold winter. Yeah, Mick, there was obviously a lot of snow around. Point taken.

LOL

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 23, 2013 14:35

DandelionPowderman
<Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you
Will lose your mind in life unkind>

I always thought it was "ain't life unkind"... smiling smiley

It is, just copy and pasted lyrics from somewhere. grinning smiley

Date: August 23, 2013 14:55

grinning smiley

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: August 23, 2013 14:57

Not a song really, but the Brazlian bootleg-DVD of Ladies & Gentlemen has about five minutes of sitar music and chattering roadies against an almost black screen before the Stones hit the stage - just enough to finish your first beer and get another one. Writing this makes me realize i haven't seen it in probably 5 years.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 23, 2013 15:25

What will you do
What will you do
When I'm gone?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 23, 2013 15:44

DandelionPowderman
On Respectable it sounds like the tape is running too fast for a tenth of a second or so - giving the song a modulation-like effect.

That thing happens in just the right place, and the song takes off completely grinning smiley

thumbs up

It doessound like that doesn't it.
I'd sometimes thought it was my imagination .

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 23, 2013 15:51

These are all so great!

I always LOVE Mick's wicked, wicked laugh/chuckle at the start of Stray Cat Blues...oh my.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: August 23, 2013 16:47

Mick's false start in the middle of Winter. Sounds a bit like a supressed sneeze. Probably the coke again.

Date: August 23, 2013 16:55

All of Mick's ghost vocals throughout Tattoo You. On Worried About You in particular thumbs up

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 18:42

The first 30 seconds of Monkey Man

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 23, 2013 18:57

Hmmm,two from Ya Yas come immediately to mind: The sweet groove Keith gets on "Oh, Carol" at ~ 2:20 mark while Mick sings "don't let the heat overcome you when they play so loud". Also, the single note Keith hits on "Honky Tonk Women" at the 54 second mark after muting the G chord and then hitting the low G as Mick sings "I can't seem to drink you off my mind". Great stuff!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 23, 2013 18:57

The intro to Stray Cat Blues - Jagger's little 'ahh...yeah a-yeah followed by a mumble like 'yeah cut some ?'. You know it's no good what's about to happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-23 21:48 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 23, 2013 19:09

boston2006
The first 30 seconds of Monkey Man

thumbs up

And the silence after Lies is finisched

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: August 23, 2013 19:14

Charlie's bassdrum

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: August 23, 2013 19:19

When Charlie's playing alone...

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 23, 2013 19:19

The intros of Beast of Burden during 81/82, always different, but always with grandness.

and many other great moments ...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 23, 2013 19:25

The whispered "She said" in the break of "Fool To Cry"

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: August 23, 2013 19:31

Greg
Not a song really, but the Brazlian bootleg-DVD of Ladies & Gentlemen has about five minutes of sitar music and chattering roadies against an almost black screen before the Stones hit the stage - just enough to finish your first beer and get another one. Writing this makes me realize i haven't seen it in probably 5 years.

The official L&G release opens with this, too. Love it! Turn the lights down, turn up the volume and imagine you're in Fort Worth in '72 waiting for the Rolling %^$*#! Stones to hit the stage. The roadie chatter is great: "...I was over here trying to repair this lamp in absolute darkness"..."I'll buy you a @#$%& flashlight"..."now hear this"..."Two minutes!"..."Peter says 'go'..."Fire 'em up"..."Black it!"

Posted by: jpattinson ()
Date: August 23, 2013 19:31

Charlie's fills in Loving Cup, the brass parts in Loving Cup - everything about that song, in fact. Perfect song from a perfect album

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: August 23, 2013 19:48

When the brass section comes in on Let It Loose.

The little fill Charlie does in the last verse of Rip This Joint after Jagger sings ''Kiss me quick, baby, won'tcha make my day''

Loads more but those are the first two that came to mind.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: August 23, 2013 21:16

- The little noodly guitar fingering stuff before the "1...2..." at the beginning of "Sway" -- just a little string noise, someone moving their hands or pressing the strings into the neck, but who ever's guitar it is, you can tell by the sound, that guitar is really cranked up LOUD

-

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: August 23, 2013 21:26

TheBadRabbit
Greg

The official L&G release opens with this, too. Love it! Turn the lights down, turn up the volume and imagine you're in Fort Worth in '72 waiting for the Rolling %^$*#! Stones to hit the stage. The roadie chatter is great: "...I was over here trying to repair this lamp in absolute darkness"..."I'll buy you a @#$%& flashlight"..."now hear this"..."Two minutes!"..."Peter says 'go'..."Fire 'em up"..."Black it!"

I know, i know, but not as long as this version, where you can sip your beer the royal way and still get back in time from the fridge with another..

"Fire 'em up. Fire all amps" - right!

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: steini ()
Date: August 23, 2013 21:45

In the fading end of Slipping Away starts at 4:20 when Keith sings cirka

"..´cos if i did yes i did babe ye ye ye oooh ooooh-oou".

I used to turn the volume up dangerously high trying to awoid the fade and hear this very last beautiful singing

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: August 23, 2013 22:06

first seconds of "One hit (to the body)"....You fell out the clear blue sky...
What a great vision of hot hot summer(..and hot sand) ...summer in the time of Red&white colours(marlboro& coca cola)....summer in the time of Schwarzenegger&Stallone,summer in the time of Commodore64,summer in the time of movies like"police academy"&"beverly hills cop",summer in the time of Los Angeles olympics.

Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: August 23, 2013 22:19

Always loved the low background guitarriff at the end of fool to cry.
3:50 and to the end.
World class!

-TomR

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:07

Mick's deep throat .. Watch It ... around 1.25 inta the Glastonbury - Jumpin' Jack

ROCKMAN

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 24, 2013 14:47

Lady Jane, I adore the Elisabethan atmosphere, Brian's dulcimer playing and the use of the English language in the lyrics is utterly splendid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-24 14:51 by desertblues68.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 24, 2013 14:56

When Keith goes "yeaaaaah" at the beginning of CYHMK. The top of Mt. Rock!smoking smiley

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: August 24, 2013 15:28

During Charlie's drum opening on "Slave" you can hear a big dog bark in the background and they left it in. Listen to it loud at around 5 seconds into the song.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 24, 2013 15:36

MisterO
During Charlie's drum opening on "Slave" you can hear a big dog bark in the background and they left it in. Listen to it loud at around 5 seconds into the song.

That's funny, I always just assumed that was one of them imitating a dog ... do you think it is really an actual dog bark?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1767
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home