Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brussels Affair question
Posted by: opentuning ()
Date: August 21, 2013 19:06

I've been listening to the "Bunnies, Bombs, Busts and A Princess" version for the last couple of months and have been really enjoying it.
I heard that some people prefere the Definitive Edition instead, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the differences between the two mixes are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-22 21:18 by bv.

Re: another Brussels Affair question
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: August 21, 2013 19:12

As far as the mix goes, I prefer the "Bunnies..." version. For the Brussels songs. The Definitive Edition has other songs on it from other shows. In particular a really great version of "Doo Doo Doo Doo" from Empire Wembley Pool, but that is available on other bootlegs. I keep Bunnies around for the Brussels songs and have Heartbreaker on some other bootleg that I thought sounded better. The other tracks I care little about. The Brussels tracks and that one song are really the highlights. In my opinion of course.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 21, 2013 20:00

NoCode0680
As far as the mix goes, I prefer the "Bunnies..." version. For the Brussels songs. The Definitive Edition has other songs on it from other shows. In particular a really great version of "Doo Doo Doo Doo" from Empire Wembley Pool, but that is available on other bootlegs. I keep Bunnies around for the Brussels songs and have Heartbreaker on some other bootleg that I thought sounded better. The other tracks I care little about. The Brussels tracks and that one song are really the highlights. In my opinion of course.

What about the London Gimme Shelter, Happy and Street Fighting Man? They belong to the best live performances of those songs ever, if they aren't, especially Happy and SFM.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: August 21, 2013 21:59

kleermaker
NoCode0680

What about the London Gimme Shelter, Happy and Street Fighting Man? They belong to the best live performances of those songs ever, if they aren't, especially Happy and SFM.

Hey Nocode stick to Pearl Jam would ya?!! Just kidding, going to any PJ shows? I went to Wrigley, now looking forward to Worcester x2, Hartford, and one NYC show . . .

As for the Stones, that Gimme Shelter from Empire Pool is one of my favorite versions, up there with Philly 72. Taylor is more prominent in the verse on the Philly 72 but the solo from Empire is sublime . . .

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: August 21, 2013 22:56

There's also a lapaz62 mix of Brussels floating around. Believe it's sourced from the quadrophic Brussels Affair Definitive DVD.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: August 22, 2013 01:36

Mr. Jimi
kleermaker
NoCode0680

Hey Nocode stick to Pearl Jam would ya?!! Just kidding, going to any PJ shows? I went to Wrigley, now looking forward to Worcester x2, Hartford, and one NYC show . . .

As for the Stones, that Gimme Shelter from Empire Pool is one of my favorite versions, up there with Philly 72. Taylor is more prominent in the verse on the Philly 72 but the solo from Empire is sublime . . .

I won reserved seats in the lottery for the Dallas show. As for Brussels, I think the version I have is screwed up. All the songs that aren't from the first Brussels show sound like garbage, to the point I never listened to them. The version of Heartbreaker that's on the King Biscuit Flower Hour bootleg, the same performance, sounds like a completely different source. I need to check out another version. If I download Brussels, does that have the best versions of the Empire Pool songs? I'll have to check out that Gimme Shelter as Philly '72 is my favorite version.

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: August 22, 2013 17:28

muffie
There's also a lapaz62 mix of Brussels floating around. Believe it's sourced from the quadrophic Brussels Affair Definitive DVD.

Best sounding Brussels Affair I've found. GS, Happy and SFM are from Brussels, not the better Wembley ones.

Track-01 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 3.34MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Track-02 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 5.25MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Track-03 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 4.71MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Track-04 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 2.86MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Track-05 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 4.62MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Track-06 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 4.06MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Track-07 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 4.09MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Track-08 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 10.01MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Track-09 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 11.63MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Track-10 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 2.81MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Track-11 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 3.27MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Track-12 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 1.87MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Track-13 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 2.97MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Track-14 lapaz mix.mp3 ( 4.47MB )
[www.filefactory.com]

Believe this a MP3 set from the quad-mixed DVD at [shellworks.livejournal.com] :

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-22 17:39 by muffie.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 23, 2013 01:35

Mr. Jimi

Mick Taylor at Empire Pool
||||||

|||||||

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home