Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 20
Re: OT: Post your band
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 7, 2014 04:56

The ultimate power duodrinking smiley

Date: June 26, 2014 11:51

A little glimpse (about a third of it) into the main song off our next album - before mixing.

All the guitars are in open G, except the solo guitar. Should we keep the solo, btw (Is it out of tune in the beginning - can´t really decide on that one)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-17 03:20 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: black limousine ()
Date: June 26, 2014 12:02

video: [www.youtube.com]

honky tonk woman - live 2012
by the Black Limousine - italian cover band (stones and not only stones, who , kinks beatles, lynyrd)
cheers
marco on vocals (that's me posting)
andrea on guitar riff
mick on gtr solo
ettore on bass and vocals
angelo on kboards
gabry on drums

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-26 12:02 by black limousine.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 17, 2014 02:53

I just posted this in the Powergoats thread, but since that thread disappears very quickly, here's my new EP - Ruby Headlights; finished after 2.5 years of struggling... it's DONE!

[soundcloud.com]

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: July 17, 2014 03:06

Got an instant Allman Bros-feeling there, James thumbs up

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: July 17, 2014 03:35

Nice thread DP. I like your gear and some of the other tracks here are very good.

Here's just a couple home demos I've done with me writing gear and doing vox. Both our guitarists were absent for the session so I do the guit work. They're just demos so be gentle...

[soundcloud.com]

[soundcloud.com]

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 17, 2014 05:09

I broke the band up. Now I just play with myself. winking smiley

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: July 17, 2014 13:08

Rollin' Stoner

Wow! What a great picture.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: July 17, 2014 16:54

DandelionPowderman

Should we keep the solo, btw (Is it out of tune in the beginning - can´t really decide on that one)?

Nothing wrong with the solo, sounds Taylorish enough to me winking smiley, although you could opt (imo) for a Steely Dan "Do it again" alike, a bit more chromatic/jazzy flavor.

Date: July 18, 2014 02:17

LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman

Should we keep the solo, btw (Is it out of tune in the beginning - can´t really decide on that one)?

Nothing wrong with the solo, sounds Taylorish enough to me winking smiley, although you could opt (imo) for a Steely Dan "Do it again" alike, a bit more chromatic/jazzy flavor.

Thanks. Wait till you hear the full song winking smiley

Date: July 18, 2014 20:46

DandelionPowderman
Got an instant Allman Bros-feeling there, James thumbs up

Thanks for always being so kind, DPM!

[thepowergoats.com]

Only Slightly OT: Cover Bands and the lack of gigs these days
Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: July 22, 2014 21:10

This is from the Wall Street Journal last week. Here in Atlanta, the scene for bands is worse than I have seen in a long time (and I started back in the 70s). With Karaoke nights, DJ nights, open mike nights (and about 20 people in line wanting to play their ten minutes' worth), clubs that are set up for "pay to play" ("you guys didn't bring enough people in, so, not only do you not get paid, you actually owe US a hundred bucks," etc.), places where your total money comes from the tip jar, etc. - you'd better have a darn good day job.

Thank God for the places that allow my band, the Amazing Mongooses, to play a good bit of our original material with some tasty cover tunes, and will actually pay us a little bit of money for it. However, they are few and far between.

What is still amazing to me is that the band that I was in during my Berklee days in Boston, Lucky Southern, tended to get gigs that paid roughly $50 a man. That was 1979, folks. What was a gallon of gas or a loaf of bread (or a pair of drumsticks) in 1979? These days, if you ask a club for $50 a man it is as if you just asked for a hundred thousand dollars.

Give this a read, and let's get some musician feedback out there.

Cheers....

[online.wsj.com]

Re: Only Slightly OT: Cover Bands and the lack of gigs these days
Date: July 22, 2014 21:31

I can totally relate. Back in 2006 - 2008 the blues band I was in would pick up gigs in bars, restaurants and clubs around town. Several times, when I went in to a club and asked them to give us a shot and told them I could guarantee them a minimum of 30 people people showing up, their response was "...but people who go see blues bands don't buy alcohol". When it happened a second time, I realized that both these clubs were under the same ownership and management was very young, so maybe they saw it as going into a club in the '70's and wanting to play Sinatra music?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 22, 2014 21:42

Yes! I do a solo act - sometimes with another picker or two and maybe a guest for a couple of songs. Gigs getting harder to come by. Karaoke in particular is a killer.

I actually play a pretty varied and (I think) good setlist - everything from Hank Sr. (Hey Good Looking) to Kid Rock channelling Zevon and Skynyrd (All Summer Long) and Plain White T's (1234), but mainly Eagle/Beatle/Buffett/Stones. Some old soul, country classics, and a few originals, too.

Date: July 22, 2014 21:43

BluzDude
I can totally relate. Back in 2006 - 2008 the blues band I was in would pick up gigs in bars, restaurants and clubs around town. Several times, when I went in to a club and asked them to give us a shot and told them I could guarantee them a minimum of 30 people people showing up, their response was "...but people who go see blues bands don't buy alcohol". When it happened a second time, I realized that both these clubs were under the same ownership and management was very young, so maybe they saw it as going into a club in the '70's and wanting to play Sinatra music?

Probably! What is funny to me now is seeing not only my band but other locals bands going through this: a packed house, median age around 25 or so, and EVERY single person on their phones and personal devices. No conversation with anyone else at the table (unless electronically). They glance up at the large TV showing the game or a rerun of Seinfeld, and the musicians are completely ignored no matter what or how well they play!

Talk about feeling like a jukebox.

Date: July 22, 2014 21:47

Elmo Lewis
Yes! I do a solo act - sometimes with another picker or two and maybe a guest for a couple of songs. Gigs getting harder to come by. Karaoke in particular is a killer.

I actually play a pretty varied and (I think) good setlist - everything from Hank Sr. (Hey Good Looking) to Kid Rock channelling Zevon and Skynyrd (All Summer Long) and Plain White T's (1234), but mainly Eagle/Beatle/Buffett/Stones. Some old soul, country classics, and a few originals, too.

Hey, Elmo! My fellow Atlanta IORR friend! You need to come sit in with the Amazing Mongooses sometime, dude! Check out our Facebook page for contact info!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-22 21:48 by Mongoose.

Date: July 22, 2014 21:53

Mongoose
Elmo Lewis

Hey, Elmo! My fellow Atlanta IORR friend! You need to come sit in with the Amazing Mongooses sometime, dude! Check out our Facebook page for contact info!

Thanks, Mongoose, maybe soon. I could throw in a blues lick or bend a country note with ya!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: July 22, 2014 21:57

I'm a little south of Macon, but get up there pretty often. Thanks again for the invite - will be in touch.

Here's Elmo, Jr. (inspired by Atlantan Kaki King - no relation):

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: July 23, 2014 01:25

We're getting a ton of well paid gigs in great venues, but then again, we're a Rolling Stones tribute band smileys with beer

Date: July 23, 2014 02:02

AussieMark
We're getting a ton of well paid gigs in great venues, but then again, we're a Rolling Stones tribute band smileys with beer

Assuming you are in Australia, I can see that. I was very impressed by what I saw in the clubs when I was there a year and a half ago.

Date: July 23, 2014 20:53

Elmo Lewis

Absolute nonsense.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: July 23, 2014 20:53

Elmo Lewis

Absolute nonsense. I couldn't disagree more.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: July 23, 2014 21:15

Date: July 23, 2014 21:35

jamesfdouglas
Elmo Lewis

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Raymond82 ()
Date: July 23, 2014 21:42

I'm a singer/songwriter from Glasgow. I play rock and roll music.

Here's a track from my last record featuring Bobby Keys on sax.

Hope you like it!

[soundcloud.com]

Www.raymondmeade.com

cool smiley

Date: July 29, 2014 19:22

Here's our new video, "News To Me".
[www.youtube.com]

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: tattooyou ()
Date: July 29, 2014 21:29

I'm the bass player in a band called Halloween Jack. The name is a nod to Bowie of course, but our Stones influences quite often shine through...

This is a great thread, I've enjoyed following it - it's been cool to see what other IORRers are up to with their bands. Now my band is frequently active, I can join in! Come and say hello if you're in and around London - we've got details of some nice gigs coming up shortly. You can check us out here:

Halloween Jack - Facebook

Halloween Jack - Youtube

Halloween Jack - Soundcloud

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 23, 2014 23:23

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I thought those of you that play in a band would appreciate the photos. Here's the article with a few pics. Link below has the full set.

Photos of Vans Warped Tour Musicians Before and After They Perform

Musicians go hard. And while every artist and band puts it all out on stage for the world to see, the Vans Warped Tour in particular often features a lineup of bands whose members truly give it their all, for as long as three months, day after day.

In an effort to document just how exhausting just one of these performances can be, live performance photographer, Brandon Andersen, decided to do something a little different than usual and capture a collection of before-and-after performance images of musicians whose bands were in this year’s Vans Warped Tour lineup.

The concept was fairly straightforward. Snap a photo before the musician went on stage, then snap a photo as they left the stage. Equally as simple was the setup. Andersen used a backdrop attached to a fence, his 5DMIII and the ever-sharp 24–70mm f/2.8 L II.

The resulting images are as humorous at times as they are interesting, showing the amount of sweat, wear and tear just one of what is usually a couple dozen performances can take on an artist.

Below are a number of shots Andersen was kind enough to share with us.

[petapixel.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 23, 2014 23:43

Well not really my band but here's an short take of Page/Plant's version of No Quarter I did a coupla years back.......I think it was DADGAD tuning.

I guess the guitar lick was Jimmy Page trying to get something that sounded like John Paul Jonses' classic organ riff on the original. peace

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: August 24, 2014 11:36

[youtu.be]

The Low Numbers!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home