Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Track Talk: On With The Show
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 20, 2013 22:46

I know it's been said before, but if Dandelion and We Love You were included would have been incredible. I'm assuming they were recorded fairly close to each other.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 20, 2013 22:55

Maindefender
I know it's been said before, but if Dandelion and We Love You were included would have been incredible. I'm assuming they were recorded fairly close to each other.

Include Child of the Moon and Ruby Tuesday and it would be totally a different record..........but then they had to skip 4 other song.......the other hand they could have released them in 2013 as TSMR the luxe edtion grinning smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 21, 2013 00:27

Maindefender

Nowadays every hit single by a pop artist is crammed onto their albums. Almost unthinkable to not have a hit on an album,

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 21, 2013 01:11

NICOS
Maindefender

Include Child of the Moon and Ruby Tuesday and it would be totally a different record..........but then they had to skip 4 other song.......the other hand they could have released them in 2013 as TSMR the luxe edtion grinning smiley

TSMR would have to have been delayed until spring 1968 for COTM to have been included. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: August 21, 2013 01:32

His Majesty
NICOS
Maindefender

TSMR would have to have been delayed until spring 1968 for COTM to have been included. tongue sticking out smiley

COTM doesn't sound like '68 to me so you must be wrong grinning smiley they might have recorded in '68 but for sure it was written in '67...ask Keith he remember it....... if not ask Bill

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 21, 2013 12:00

My older sister had this album with its original sleeve back in the day and it sounded fantastic to me, being 12 years old at that time. To me this album is as much the Stones as Aftermath or Beggars Banquet. Its atmosphere is time catching. A masterpiece imo. As much as I love We Love You, Dandelion and Child Of The Moon, they don't fit in. This album is perfect as it is. 2000 Man is even ahead of its time and almost a prophecy of the future. Sing This All Together belongs on it because it's so typical for the time. A great Stones album without any doubt. But I can imagine that to people who didn't witness that time it sounds strange and not 'stonesy', whatever that means. To fully being able to appreciate and understand the music of the Stones, one should have lived during that time they started and evolved. Those who chimed in later have missed something essential, even if they love those albums. Sorry Doxa and His Majesty! Your advantage is that you're both still young guys smiling smiley.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 21, 2013 12:12

Listen the old man! Could be, could be... but distance gives some perspective and objectivity...grinning smiley

But still I claim that really to "get" "Sing This All Altogether" one needs to have had a helluva acid trip...winking smiley

- Doxa

Date: August 21, 2013 12:14

Doxa
Listen the old man! Could be, could be... but distance gives some perspective and objectivity...grinning smiley

But still I claim that really to "get" "Sing This All Altogether" one needs to have had a helluva acid trip...winking smiley

- Doxa

No, it's enough to close your eyes. Then you'll see where we all come from grinning smiley

Date: August 21, 2013 12:17

DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

No, it's enough to close your eyes. Then you'll see where we all come from grinning smiley

thumbs up

Date: August 21, 2013 12:18

kleermaker
My older sister had this album with its original sleeve back in the day and it sounded fantastic to me, being 12 years old at that time. To me this album is as much the Stones as Aftermath or Beggars Banquet. Its atmosphere is time catching. A masterpiece imo. As much as I love We Love You, Dandelion and Child Of The Moon, they don't fit in. This album is perfect as it is. 2000 Man is even ahead of its time and almost a prophecy of the future. Sing This All Together belongs on it because it's so typical for the time. A great Stones album without any doubt. But I can imagine that to people who didn't witness that time it sounds strange and not 'stonesy', whatever that means. To fully being able to appreciate and understand the music of the Stones, one should have lived during that time they started and evolved. Those who chimed in later have missed something essential, even if they love those albums. Sorry Doxa and His Majesty! Your advantage is that you're both still young guys smiling smiley.

People who weren't alive in a certain time can certainly appreciate and understand music more than some who were, vice versa etc etc.

You consider studio music to be artificial anyway.

Like me, you too missed something essential, seeing the real Rolling Stones live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-21 12:28 by His Majesty.

Date: August 21, 2013 12:32

His Majesty
kleermaker

People who weren't alive in a certain time can certainly appreciate and understand music more than some who were, vice versa etc etc.

You consider studio music to be artificial anyway.

Like me, you too missed something essential, seeing the real Rolling Stones live.

You totally missed my point. And I'm too lazy to explain it. It's not that difficult though.

Date: August 21, 2013 12:45

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

thumbs up

It always sounded great on acid to me. And sounds equally as exciting completely straight.

Date: August 21, 2013 13:01

kleermaker

I'm too lazy to explain it.

Phew.

Date: August 21, 2013 13:07

Silver Dagger
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

thumbs up

It always sounded great on acid to me. And sounds equally as exciting completely straight.

What about on acid and with your eyes closed? winking smiley

Date: August 21, 2013 13:14

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

thumbs up

What about on acid and with your eyes closed? winking smiley

That's usually what happened anyway. At least for the first couple of hours. >grinning smiley<

Date: August 21, 2013 13:28

grinning smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 21, 2013 13:48

so you thought you might like to go to the show .to feel that warm thrill of confusion . oh wait a minute wrong show .that space cadet glow . well i got some bad news for you pink isnt well he stayed back at the hotel and they sent us along as a surrogate band to find out where you stand ?are there any @#$%^& in the theatre tonight ? there's one in a 50 and counting stones shirt .get him up against the WALL

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 21, 2013 16:21

Interesting little number. I really enjoyed listening to it, on the Satannic box.

Date: August 23, 2013 23:39

winking smiley

First time I found a cover of On With the Show.........she normally play 15 songs on a row the warm up here voice grinning smiley so give here a break

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1381
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home