Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rolling Stones Soundboard List 1969-2013
Date: August 17, 2013 21:06

tornnfrayed
I had never heard of Boston 1969 soundboards. Are these available on CD ?

Have heard of Detroit, Balt and Oakaland but all are partial shows. In fact Balt is just one song, love in vain. Or at least that is my understanding.

And which CD has the Philly 7/21 concert in its entirety ? All the CDs I have seen are a mish mash of all 3 philly shows.

Please advise if you know. Thanks

Apparently, they were recorded in the same fashion as with the msg ya ya's shows by Glyn Johns with the Wally Heider Mobile Studio. Unfortunately, they haven't really been leaked or released on bootleg. Judging from their performance heard on a decent audience recording, it is a show I would really like to have a high quality soundboard of.

About the Baltimore show, the full show may exist, but only love in vain has surfaced.

As far as I know, the only philly show released in its entirety was the 7/22 show, I have one known as the royal dragon, decent soundboard. But I've only found the other two shows mixed up and combined with fort worth shows. Real shame since I really wanna hear the 7/20 show in its entirety. I could be wrong about this though, but lemme know if you find anything interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-17 21:06 by stickybanquetonmainst.

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: August 18, 2013 04:59

The problem with rumored soundboards is that unless they have been at some point been documented i.e. released it is just a rumor and probably not credible. I am somewhat skeptical about Boston 69 for example or West Palm Beach. I just think that once something is out there it gets marketed and copied so fast that it is hard to imagine some people possess a recording and many others do not.

I would also mention that one often sees reference to three soundboard songs from Winterland 1972. But in fact these are not soundboard but better than average audience recordings.

I jsut wish we had some new materials from these tours. Been listening to the same old CDs forever. Great stuff but a new source would be nice. Good thread !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 05:00 by tornnfrayed.

Date: August 18, 2013 06:44

tornnfrayed
The problem with rumored soundboards is that unless they have been at some point been documented i.e. released it is just a rumor and probably not credible. I am somewhat skeptical about Boston 69 for example or West Palm Beach. I just think that once something is out there it gets marketed and copied so fast that it is hard to imagine some people possess a recording and many others do not.

Well, keep in mind, sometimes, the reason for a soundboard not being released is due to a poor performance. I haven't heard the audience recording of WPB in quite a while, but as I recall, it wasn't their best. Also, note, that bootlegging was in it's infancy in the late 60s and a soundboard will not be quickly leaked and released on bootleg as did later on. That's why you only see few soundboards for 1969. Then again, you may be right and it may not exist after all, but some people on iorr have claimed it existed, but no real proof has come up. That's why I only said it may exist, but not for certain. So, if you want, you can simply disregard the shows marked as such.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 18, 2013 11:45

mjaggergirl

Can the Newark pay per view be purchased? Or will it be released? I would love to have it as I showed up onscreen lol!

You can still watch or save the Newark Dec 15 Arena Show from the PPV source ( HD 1280x720, 5.15 GB ). Use the VLC-Player (Open Network, URL as in the link, activate Streaming/Saving, Settings File *.mp4 / Dump raw input, Open).

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: August 18, 2013 14:17

I have never seen the Jacksonville 1989 bootleg either on CD or on DVD.

Date: August 18, 2013 21:02

Christopher
I have never seen the Jacksonville 1989 bootleg either on CD or on DVD.

Some songs from the concert were used in the flashpoint album.

Date: August 18, 2013 21:11

Irix
mjaggergirl

Can the Newark pay per view be purchased? Or will it be released? I would love to have it as I showed up onscreen lol!

You can still watch or save the Newark Dec 15 Arena Show from the PPV source ( HD 1280x720, 5.15 GB ). Use the VLC-Player (Open Network, URL as in the link, activate Streaming/Saving, Settings File *.mp4 / Dump raw input, Open).

Just out of curiousity (coz this is something I didn't know about on vlc or anything), but how do you save it. I did all u said, it began streaming the video on the site, but how am I supposed to save it. Thx

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 18, 2013 21:19

I think there's a soundboard of opening night Chicago, 1997. I have a bootleg CD of the first half of the show and I don't think its an audience recording.

Date: August 18, 2013 21:30

Send It To me
I think there's a soundboard of opening night Chicago, 1997. I have a bootleg CD of the first half of the show and I don't think its an audience recording.

I already had it on the list.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 19, 2013 13:40

@ stickybanquetonmainst

Saving the stream with VLC-Player (Windows): Start the VLC-Player 2.08 normal. Go into the 'Media' menu and choose 'Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)'. Copy & Paste the URL from this link. Go to the 'Play'-Button and change it to 'Convert (Alt-C)'. Select the Destination (e.g. C:\Newark.mp4) and select 'Dump raw input'. Finally, click on 'Start'. The Stream will be saved and you can watch the progress in the growing file size. 5.15 GB takes a while.

Saving the stream with VLC-Player (Mac): Start the VLC-Player 2.08 normal. Go into the Menu 'File' and choose 'Open Network (#+N)'. Copy & Paste the URL from this link. Activate Streaming/Saving, click the Settings-Button, select the File destination (e.g. Newark.mp4 in Documents) and select 'Dump raw input'. As a precaution select 'MPEG 4' as Encapsulation Method. Close this window with 'OK' and then click finally on 'Open'. The Stream will be saved and you can watch the progress in the growing file size. 5.15 GB takes a while.

Date: August 20, 2013 04:46

Irix
@ stickybanquetonmainst

Saving the stream with VLC-Player (Windows): Start the VLC-Player 2.08 normal. Go into the 'Media' menu and choose 'Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)'. Copy & Paste the URL from this link. Go to the 'Play'-Button and change it to 'Convert (Alt-C)'. Select the Destination (e.g. C:\Newark.mp4) and select 'Dump raw input'. Finally, click on 'Start'. The Stream will be saved and you can watch the progress in the growing file size. 5.15 GB takes a while.

Saving the stream with VLC-Player (Mac): Start the VLC-Player 2.08 normal. Go into the Menu 'File' and choose 'Open Network (#+N)'. Copy & Paste the URL from this link. Activate Streaming/Saving, click the Settings-Button, select the File destination (e.g. Newark.mp4 in Documents) and select 'Dump raw input'. As a precaution select 'MPEG 4' as Encapsulation Method. Close this window with 'OK' and then click finally on 'Open'. The Stream will be saved and you can watch the progress in the growing file size. 5.15 GB takes a while.

Thanks! I'm saving it now. I just didn't know I had to set the directory. As I said, I'm not very skilled with VLC.

Date: August 23, 2013 02:03

R
SOUNDBOARDS of Detroit and Oakland '69? Cleveland '75?

I remember now at least a version of fingerprint file from the cleaveland show was recorded. It was a cut that was considered for release on Love You Live. It's likely more of the show was recorded. Probably just hasn't been leaked on bootleg since I can only find the audience recordings.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: August 23, 2013 08:57

stickybanquetonmainst
R

I remember now at least a version of fingerprint file from the cleaveland show was recorded. It was a cut that was considered for release on Love You Live. It's likely more of the show was recorded. Probably just hasn't been leaked on bootleg since I can only find the audience recordings.

there's the Bill Graham "soundboard" from Oakland 1969 which is bad quality.
But there's also snippets of audio from Oakland (jagger talking) in the Gimme Shelter movie, which would indicate the Maysles recorded some of the earlier shows in the 69 Tour.

Date: August 23, 2013 20:23

Eleanor Rigby
stickybanquetonmainst
R

there's the Bill Graham "soundboard" from Oakland 1969 which is bad quality.
But there's also snippets of audio from Oakland (jagger talking) in the Gimme Shelter movie, which would indicate the Maysles recorded some of the earlier shows in the 69 Tour.

Yes, I noted the Oakland soundboard in an earlier post. Some of it may have been filmed, but I would need more speculation to put it on the list. For all we know, its the same audio recording by Bill Graham, but it was broadcast only in 72 and the recording may not have been very good. It may have been leaked in other ways, but I don't know for sure.

Date: August 29, 2013 04:30

Added some new ones.

Posted by: hulloder ()
Date: January 24, 2019 14:52

Great List , in these 6 years have new soundboards???

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 24, 2019 15:23

would be great an update

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: January 24, 2019 20:55

stickybanquetonmainst
Irix
@ stickybanquetonmainst

Thanks! I'm saving it now. I just didn't know I had to set the directory. As I said, I'm not very skilled with VLC.

Im really sorry but i can't get it to work on my iMac, trying the above steps 10s of times and no joy. this is admittedly pathetic but can someone message me a step by step way to do this thats idiot proof i have vlc3.0.4 and after each time it fails and its making very sad and frustrated as I'm DESPERATE for this landmark gig with Taylor!

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: January 25, 2019 00:20

mjaggergirl
A 4-LP, 2-CD, 1 DVD boxset exists which is superb. A two CD set also very easy to find from same source. Great gig.

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: January 25, 2019 01:01

te olvidaste Buenos Aires 16/02/1995 grabacion de consola
y Buenos Aires 23/02/06 grabacion de consola de un show bajo la lluvia intensa

Date: January 25, 2019 03:12

Anyone have the Oakland, California 7-26-78 (Soundboard and pro-shot film video reported to exist)
1978? Thank you

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: June 8, 2019 06:16

These list are so handy after a hard drive crash!
Does anyone know if there is a updated list around?

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: June 8, 2019 06:55

Another great list for point of reference [iorr.org]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2307
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home