Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

taylor/wyman?
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 19, 2005 16:40

are mick t. and bill w. friends?
they both live in the same country and they both still play.. you would think that mick would call bill and put a band together.. on off years they could have had charlie, ronnie..... then they could have had jagger/richards!
i just don't know why they never did it.. bill and taylor still play with either there own band or someone elses..so why not together?
someone should ask mick that question!

Re: taylor/wyman?
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 19, 2005 16:45

I'll ask him (MT) friday

Posted by: glimmertwin50 ()
Date: April 19, 2005 16:50

When Bill Wyman was doing the book signing tour for "Rolling With The Stones" I asked him about playing with Mick Taylor. He replied that he had talked to Mick T and that they were recording a few tracks together for one of Bill's albums. This was in September 2002.

I've also read elsewhere where Bill had recorded with Mick T. (previous to 2002) and that Mick T. was not in very good condition according to Bill. He did return for a later session in better shape according to Bill.

I think Mick would fit in very well with the type of music Bill is playing.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 19, 2005 17:02

Mick T played on "A True Romance" from the second Rhythm Kings album "Anyway The Wind Blows" (1998).
Also on "Can't Get My Rest At Night" from "Groovin'" (2000).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-19 17:12 by erikjjf.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: April 19, 2005 17:03

I also heard that they recorded some songs, but they were not included on the album as Bill thought they were too weak.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 19, 2005 18:18

Yep, I read from a recent (this winter) interview of Taylor that Wyman is the only Stone he has been in contact lately (they might have something interesting to share and talk about: "Oh Mick, you should have seen Keith's face when he heard you've left hahahhaa! Isn't that fun that you happen to play in the biggest band in the world and then decide to leave it...hahahahaa.. There's not many of us in this club, aren't there?".. "I know Mick, you did "Moonlight Mile" as I did "Jumping Jack Flash" and who the @#$%& got the credits? But I'll tell you something, Ry Cooder did "Honky Tonk Women" and Brian "Ruby Tuesday" and Ronnie "It's Only Rock and Roll" but that's show business, right?" "True Bill, but you cannot argue with the man who carries a smiths&wesson..")

In that interview he also said that he did once a gig with Noel Redding on bass in some Hungarian blues festival. Redding was so drunk that he passed out in a first song.

- Doxa

Posted by: Deidre ()
Date: April 19, 2005 19:15

They do live in the same county, Suffolk, I think. ('Greene King Country').

Until earlier this year they've both been very busy touring. Bill has apparently given that up. Mick Taylor is allegedly putting some songs together - but he does have a regular bassist who did nearly all the work on Stone's Throw. And he's great. But I read that Taylor did want Wyman in on that album. And as Erikjf (?) said they have recorded the occasional track. What is particularly promising is that Wyman, Watts and Wood were doing a bit of stuff together not too long back, (acc. to Bill's diaries).

I do hope that Taylor's recent lull in gig activity means that he's putting some more tracks down on 'tape'. Looking forward to another 100 Club in summer 2006!

Or how about Taylor/Wyman/MacLagan band supporting Stones at Wembley farewell?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 19, 2005 19:24

that would be some concert... bill, mick t,mac and have julian jones as lead singer to open for the stones...then they could join the band for cyhmk and jumping jack flash ......

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: April 19, 2005 21:04

Bill has asked Taylor to join his touring band over the years but Taylor always said: no

Here's hoping Taylor is cooking up a new CD - one's overdue!!! MLC

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 19, 2005 22:17

given the 20+ years it took between studio albums before, I'd be hard-pressed to agree that a new one is "due." I talked to Taylor 3 years ago and he told me he was about the enter the studio and do some stuff with Bonnie Raitt. ....still waiting....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home