Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667Next
Current Page: 65 of 67
Re: Did Paul McCartney upstage the Stones in Hyde Park at the Glastonbury show?
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 27, 2022 08:59

These kinds of threads do better when the Stones aren’t on tour. As it is, everyone is too busy with the tour, setlists, videos, etc. to get too interested in Beatles threads. Obviously, you put a lot of time into your your very long and well thought out post and so it would be a shame to waste it. I would bump the thread after the tour is over - it will probably get more attention then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-27 09:02 by drbryant.

Re: Did Paul McCartney upstage the Stones in Hyde Park at the Glastonbury show?
Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: June 27, 2022 12:11

We’ve had 60 years of this type of thing. As they both hit the home straight can we not just appreciate them and be thankful they’re still rocking on

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-27 12:12 by richie26188.

OT: Paul McCartney stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 27, 2022 17:31

Re: OT: Paul McCartney - "New" album and other Macca stuff
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 28, 2022 06:21

Nice, bye bye johnny ... that McCartney Band On The Run is Glastonbury, just the other day, it seems ... and Dave Grohl's first live appearance since the death of Taylor Hawkins, I believe.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: July 2, 2022 22:37

complete Glastonbury show, thank to BBC for a few weeks.

bbc.co.uk/sounds/play

2h45, enjoy !

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: July 5, 2022 14:29

Can anybody find [assets-global.website-files.com] in the same style, done for Sir Paul?

Been searching for a while, found a few other artists' ones, but no Macca yet. sad smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 5, 2022 14:40

stonesman87

Been searching for a while, found a few other artists' ones, but no Macca yet.

Paul McCartney Live at Glastonbury (2022) - [iorr.org] .

Date: July 5, 2022 14:44

Irix
stonesman87

Been searching for a while, found a few other artists' ones, but no Macca yet.

Paul McCartney Live at Glastonbury (2022) - [iorr.org] .

Thanks, but I'm looking for the exact same layout/style as [assets-global.website-files.com], done for Macca, if one is somewhere out there.

Date: July 5, 2022 14:55

stonesman87

Thanks, but I'm looking for the exact same layout/style

Ahh - you mean the picture in the same style .... usable e.g. as a Cover. You could make your own:

Large picture

Large picture

Large picture , BBC-Glastonbury-Lettering (white on transparent background)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-05 15:15 by Irix.

Date: July 6, 2022 00:32

No, I don't mean the picture in the same style. I mean the same type of design - the layout and style - square, not rectangular, with a Paul image in the middle of the same pyramids and Paul's name and performance date at the bottom.

I now doubt that an equivalent image was made, however.

Date: July 6, 2022 00:45

stonesman87

You could make your own ....

Date: July 6, 2022 00:47

Irix
stonesman87

You could make your own ....

Thanks for your suggestions, but they don't relate to my question.

Date: November 10, 2022 17:15

The 7” Singles Box - out 2 December 2022 - [www.PaulMcCartney.com] , [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] :

[Twitter.com] , [Twitter.com] , [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [Shop.PaulMcCartney.com] - US-$ 611.98 . Also digitally released, e.g.: [www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-10 18:20 by Irix.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 10, 2022 18:16

Irix
The 7” Singles Box - out 2 December 2022 - [www.PaulMcCartney.com] :

[Twitter.com] , [Twitter.com] , [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [Shop.PaulMcCartney.com] - US-$ 611.98 . Also digitally released, e.g.: [www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] .

$800USD … No wonder he’s the richest dude in rock. Nice package, not so nice content! Only 3000 copies … $2.4 million.

Rod

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 10, 2022 19:33

Incredible amount of singles he's released post-Beatles! And while there have been some nice tunes throughout the years, many others are crap, and admittedly there's many I haven't even heard of before!
Have to say though that's a nice looking box set, and many diehard Macca fans (of which I am not) will rejoice this Christmas. Meanwhile, still searching for clues and hints regarding the new Stones album...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 10, 2022 19:44

Yeah I had a glance through the singles, some fabulous ones, maybe 10.

This is for the absolute diehard, wisely limited to 3000 copies (especially at that price) of which I'm sure it will sell out.

I bought the Beatles Singles Collection box set for about $120, which i would prefer infinitely more than this one.

Date: February 1, 2023 20:19

Never-before-heard music by Jeff Beck and Paul McCartney discovered in Paul’s archive

Macca/Beck

1994 track unearthed featuring spoken environmental message from Jeff Beck – and 30 years later the powerful message remains as relevant as ever

With the news of the death of music icon Jeff Beck, memories came back to Paul McCartney of the time the two of them got together in his studio almost 30 years ago. “With the sad passing of Jeff Beck – a good friend of mine, and a great great guitar player – it reminded me of the time we worked together many years ago on a campaign for vegetarianism,” said Paul McCartney. “It’s great guitar playing, cause it’s Jeff!”

eff Beck’s environmental message opened with him asking, “Why are they cutting down the rainforest?”. This message was included in a US 13-part radio series presented and created by Paul McCartney called Oobu Joobu. The show gave a unique insight into Paul’s world featuring rehearsals, demos, unreleased recordings, conversations and cameos from many of Paul’s friends, and highlighted campaigns close to Paul’s heart such as vegetarianism.

Upon going back to these recordings, Paul’s team unearthed a previously unreleased and never-before-heard piece of music by Jeff and Paul. This recoding features Jeff’s spoken message about the dangers of deforestation. Almost 30 years later Jeff’s message remains as relevant as ever and is a view passionately shared by Paul.

Jeff’s message from 1994 highlights the damage caused by deforestation to create more land for cattle grazing, as well as some of the harmful knock-on effects from this. On top of the benefits to animals and personal health, there are also many environmental advantages to eating more plant-based meals.

‘State of Climate Action 2022’, a report from the World Resources Institute, recently underlined the need for richer countries to shift to a more plant-based diet, while a report by the UN Environment Programme, ‘The Closing Window’, stressed that there is no time for tinkering around the edges if we want to avoid a disastrous rise in global temperature – only significant and rapid societal change will do, including a change in what we eat.

Watch the visualiser for the music here:

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 1, 2023 23:19

I loved that Oobu Joobu series!!! I have many if not all of the singles from Flaming Pie for those tidbits!!!

Date: February 6, 2023 01:04

News of a brand new Paul McCartney documentary directed by Morgan Neville which could be interesting....

From NME:

New Paul McCartney documentary ‘Man On The Run’ to explore post-The Beatles life

“I’ve always felt that the 1970s were the great under-examined part of his story”

MACCA

By Ali Shutler, 5th February 2023

A new Paul McCartney documentary exploring the musician’s life following the breakup of The Beatles has been announced. Man On The Run is set to be directed by filmmaker Morgan Neville and will draw on “unprecedented access to a never-before-seen archive of Paul and Linda’s home videos and photos, as well as new interviews,” to chronicle the time between The Beatles’ breakup snd the rise of Wings in the ‘70s.

According to a press release, Man On The Run will serve as “the definitive document of Paul’s emergence from the dissolution of the world’s biggest band and his triumphant creation of a second decade of musical milestones — a brilliant and prolific stretch.” “As a lifelong obsessive of all things McCartney, I’ve always felt that the 1970s were the great under-examined part of his story,” said Neville in a statement. “I’m thrilled to have the chance to explore and reappraise this crucial moment in a great artist’s life and work.”

Morgan Neville earned an Academy Award for 2013 documentary 20 Feet from Stardom, which explored celebrated backing singers and recently helmed the Anthony Bourdain retrospective, Roadrunner.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 6, 2023 01:22

glad you wrote ... could

ROCKMAN

Date: February 16, 2023 21:21

I have fond memories of purchasing this album as a 9 year old back in 1973 - My Love was played constantly on the radio, and became the theme song for myself and first crush/girlfriend Lauren....
Hard to believe it's been 50 years, and while I still have that original vinyl album bought all those years ago, might have to splurge for old times sake...and for Lauren's sake!

Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Half-Speed Master Vinyl of Red Rose Speedway
Record Store Day, April 22nd 2023

"The first Paul McCartney and Wings album to top the US album chart, Red Rose Speedway kicked off a run of #1 albums that included Band On The Run, Venus And Mars, At The Speed Of Sound and Wings Over America. The album’s sole single, 'My Love,' was received with similar warmth, becoming Wings’ first #1 single in the US, as well as a staple of Wings and Paul shows for decades to come".

Posted by: roma1927 ()
Date: February 16, 2023 22:53

Any rumors about 2023 tour?

Posted by: esqcjh ()
Date: March 15, 2023 22:16

Tonight I am attending Michael Dorf's, (The Knitting Factory and City Winery fame), The Music of Paul McCartney--it is a charity concert featuring many artists interpreting Paul's music. The proceeds go for funding music in the schools. The venue is Carnegie Hall and I have attended similar shows where the 'guest' was Bowie and another time it was Led Zeppelin. Just a heads up for anyone in the area, always a good time. Will post an after show review asap.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-15 23:09 by esqcjh.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 16, 2023 21:48

From Carnegie Hall last night -

Band on the Run - Nancy Wilson w/ Denny Laine & Steve Jordan -The Music of Paul McCartney - Carnegie Hall 3/15/23

[www.youtube.com]

[www.brooklynvegan.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-16 21:50 by spikenyc.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 16, 2023 23:38

How do you get to Denny Laine?

Practice!

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 16, 2023 23:39

But seriously, I look forward to hearing how the show was and the setlist. I'm curious if anyone busted out a really deep track.

Posted by: esqcjh ()
Date: March 22, 2023 20:27

I don't think anyone pulled out a real 'deep track' though I enjoyed many of the artists' interpretations, especially Let Me Roll It, Patty Smith doing She's Leaving Home, Sammy Rae doing Heart of The Country and these young kids who did Get Back really well. Bonus was Steve Jordan was the musical director. setlist.fm has a thorough grouping of artists and songs if you search by 'the music of Paul McCartney'

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 22, 2023 22:17

Any news on McCartney playing this year? He usually announced his tours in the spring.

Date: March 23, 2023 04:04

TornAndFried
Any news on McCartney playing this year? He usually announced his tours in the spring.

He might show up at a Stones show to play on the new tune he recorded with the Stones...IF the Stones tour that is, and IF can they ever complete the new album.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: March 23, 2023 23:06

TornAndFried

I don’t think it’s a given that he’s going to. There’s so little left of his voice… he just about pulled off Glasto last year, I think that’s a fine place to leave it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667Next
Current Page: 65 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1309
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home