Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 67
Re: OT: Paul McCartney - "New" album and other Macca stuff
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 29, 2019 13:21

gotdablouse
ok so I lied about giving this "new tour" a miss after rereading my notes from the 2018 show and scoring a decent ticket on the floor in Paris. Macca, like the Stones, has been a big part of my life for nearly 40 years and...well that's priceless. Can't wait !!!

I'll end up taking in a couple of shows too no doubt. I was late to the party for Macca shows, not seeing my first show until 2015. I've clocked up 8 so far. In December 2018 I got to Krakow (front row!) and London. Tickets are a bit on the pricy side though! I scored a floor ticket for Bercy 2016, queued for 7 hours in the pouring rain and ended up 4th or 5th row.

Date: November 29, 2019 15:33

Rollin92
I’ve been informed that the home crowd is getting no more than Glasto. Very frustrating when the French are getting multiple shows!

That's just bonkers. The shows in Liverpool, Glasgow and London all sold out no bother last year.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 30, 2019 01:39

Ah yes, I remember your ordeal from Paris 2016. Contrast to my probably best concert experience is ever with the soundcheck + rail...came at cost though ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 30, 2019 18:17

gotdablouse
Ah yes, I remember your ordeal from Paris 2016. Contrast to my probably best concert experience is ever with the soundcheck + rail...came at cost though ;-)

I remember your experience too ! Mine wasn't an ordeal at all - I enjoyed my day despite the soaking. It was fun to meet all the fans while queueing. And as usual for Macca shows in France, we got Michelle, suitably Frenched up with lots of Accordian winking smiley I noticed it was seats at the front with GA behind at Nanterre last year and the same again next year. I just hate that angry smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 7, 2020 23:15

Paul McCartney has now finally cancelled his FRESHEN-UP-Tour - [www.PaulMcCartney.com] .

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 8, 2020 00:08

Yep, might be the end of the "touring road" for Macca, well it's been a good run and like Mick would say, "it can't last forever obviously !"...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 8, 2020 22:09

gotdablouse
Yep, might be the end of the "touring road" for Macca, well it's been a good run and like Mick would say, "it can't last forever obviously !"...

I think he'll still tour. Perhaps have an opening act and cut his shows down from 2 1/2 hours to maybe just under 2 hours. If he doesn't tour again, I'm glad I got to see him 3 times including just last summer.

OT Any love for Wings?
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 3, 2020 00:38

Yes, I knew the hits, and I kind of knew Band on the Run (all about two decades before my time), but I've recently getting a little obsessed with Venus and Mars.

Sure there is some filler (Medicine Jar, Spirits...), but there is so much gold: the title track(s), Rock Show, Magneto and Titanium Man, and the monsterous, Stonesy 'Letting Go'

So, who's into Wings?

And which album should I get into next?

Re: OT Any love for Wings?
Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: July 3, 2020 00:46

I am

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 3, 2020 00:48

Being from Buffalo, NY. I was going to name all the places that serve the best wings. Actually Band On The Run is all that its said to be. Top notch.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 3, 2020 00:55

I like Wings, but only up to a certain point. In other words, I like the Greatest Hits...but only some of them, not all of them.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 3, 2020 01:13

I like a handful of their songs.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 3, 2020 01:18

I like Band Of The Run and some others but not a fan of the silly love songs...............

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 3, 2020 01:19

Any love for Wings ?? No , none whatsoever

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: July 3, 2020 01:43

Absolutely! They did some rockin stuff. Mumbo, 1985 and Spin It On are fierce.

I'm actually working on completing my McCartney collection now and just got At The Speed Of Sound yesterday... I haven't listened to it yet, though.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 3, 2020 02:33

I have Band On The Run, Venus and Mars, Greatest Hits and Wings Over America. Don't think I really need any of the others.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 3, 2020 02:36

No.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 3, 2020 02:37

No

Date: July 3, 2020 02:41

Chicken wings, sure!

Not to offend any sensitive people, but Linda's voice always sounds FLAT to me. Paul must have loved her very much to include her in the band.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 3, 2020 02:51

There were a couple of albums on which Paul sort of tried to pretend that he was merely the bass player (who also happened to write and sing most of their songs), but everyone knew it was never a real band. I knew it when I saw them live in 1976. Even when Denny Laine or Jimmy McCulloch were singing lead, my binoculars remained trained on the mulleted, 33-year-old fellow who was smiling and bouncing around and putting out incredible, booming bass lines. And all I could think was, "One fourth of the Beatles. One fourth of the Beatles. One fourth of the Beatles."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-03 03:01 by tatters.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 3, 2020 02:59

I like their stuff a lot more now than i did back in the day. I liked Band On The Run but Venus and Mars just seemed juvenile and most of the rest just too soft. Nowadays i like a lot of things i thought were pandering back in the day. Can't say i really like Venus and Mars a lot more than i did back then though.

jb

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 3, 2020 03:10

Some of it yes, absolutely.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 3, 2020 03:31

Some good songs (Let Me Roll It, Dear Friend, a few others), but mostly crap. His subsequent solo records are much better.

Date: July 3, 2020 04:01

The first James Bond movie I saw was Live and Let Die. Always loved that song since.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 3, 2020 04:16

I always enjoyed Paul McCartney's RAM album.

[www.youtube.com]

Ram is a studio album by Paul McCartney and Linda McCartney, released in May 1971 on Apple Records. It was recorded in New York with guitarists David Spinozza and Hugh McCracken, and future Wings drummer Denny Seiwell. The release coincided with a period of bitter acrimony between McCartney and his former bandmate John Lennon, who perceived verbal slights in the lyrics to songs such as "Too Many People", and followed McCartney's legal action in the United Kingdom's High Court to dissolve the Beatles' partnership.

On release, Ram was poorly received by music critics, although the album has since been recognised for anticipating the indie pop genre. Commercially, it topped the national albums charts in the UK, the Netherlands and Canada. Three singles were issued: "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey", which was McCartney's first number 1 hit in America as a solo artist, "The Back Seat of My Car" and "Eat at Home". An expanded edition of Ram was issued in 2012.

wiki

+++++++

Wings, "Beware My Love" used to be a favorite [www.youtube.com]

I used to hate "Silly Love Songs" but after hearing it nonstop for months, way back when, I started to like it. It's a clever spoof of a silly love song about silly love songs.

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: July 3, 2020 04:53

I like!!!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 3, 2020 05:04

Yeah, Live and Let Die, now there was a tune. I have to admit have always loved that one

jb

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 3, 2020 05:13

I'm a sucker for a Silly Love song

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 3, 2020 05:20

Silly Love Songs is crap, but it has a nice bass line. Even when what's going on around it is garbage, Paul's killer bass lines shine through.

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: July 3, 2020 05:30

@exilestones

@peoplewitheyes

Goodnight Tonight 1-4

My Carnival (Party/Extended Mixes)

Beware My Love - feat. John Bonham -Drums/Percussion

Take It Away

Spies Like Us

Junk

Singalong Junk

Maybe I'm Amazed

...wish Wings covered: You Know My Name, (Look Up The Number)

also The Russian Sessions/MockbaCCCP is great

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-03 05:49 by KevinM.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1281
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home