Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 67
Re: OT: Paul McCartney - "New" album and other Macca stuff
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 16, 2019 10:00

Could've had row 12 floor for Vancouver on the presale but decided to wait closer to the date and try my luck on the secondary market for discounts. I really doubt they released all the tickets this week. Gotta build hype by holding back seats.

At least they didn't seem to be price flexing during the presale. General onsale this morning was another matter.

And what's up with putting the aisle seats onsale to the public during the 'verified fan' presale. You didn't need a code to get those - even though they were $20 more and had to buy 2.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: February 16, 2019 18:46

MrMibbs
potus43
Cant wait to see him
LIAR

SOOO excited to see him

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: February 18, 2019 21:57

potus43
MrMibbs
potus43
Cant wait to see him
LIAR

SOOO excited to see him
You lie missy Potus

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 18, 2019 08:45

I'm in for Paul. Got my tickets fast.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 18, 2019 09:29

mosthigh
Could've had row 12 floor for Vancouver on the presale but decided to wait closer to the date and try my luck on the secondary market for discounts. I really doubt they released all the tickets this week. Gotta build hype by holding back seats.

At least they didn't seem to be price flexing during the presale. General onsale this morning was another matter.

And what's up with putting the aisle seats onsale to the public during the 'verified fan' presale. You didn't need a code to get those - even though they were $20 more and had to buy 2.

Yes, wait and you will get good seats. I saw him twice in Vienna the last December. I didn't buy anything on the day they started to sell the tickets, since the best I could get was on the side of the 8th row, which seemed not good enough to me.

Then days and weeks passed and both shows were constantly ""sold out." Then a month after the pre-sale started, they released the 12th row for the second concert. I acually bought 2 tickets (225 Euro per ticket!). Then months passed and only a couple of quite crappy seats were released every now nad then.

Two days before the first show, they released a couple of tickets for the first show, 14th row was the best. I thought that at that point it was it was either that or nothing for me. I bought it.

Then, the next evening - the one before the first show they released the first and second row! For 225 Euro, while the original price was 420 or so. I bought first row tickets for both shows. During the next day they were releasing a lot of good tickets (in the first 12 rows) for both shows.

I went to the seller's HQ, trying to return my original tickets. Impossible, of course. In the evenings I had a really hard time to sell them in front of the arena. In the end I sold them for both nights with not loosing too much (sold them for 160 Euro per ticket), on both nights some half an hour before the show. It was actually quite easy to buy really cheap tickets in fron of the arena. There were a lot of professional scalpers selling cheap crappy seats. We seemed to be the only ones with good tickets, but nobody seemed to be interested. And the scalpers saw us as a competition and were quite nasty. Really bad experience.

In the end we saw Paul from the first row and it was totally amazing, but the whole experience around it was really awfull. So yeah, don't buy any tickets if you are not 100% sure you want them. Wait for the day before the show of even later and you will get what you want.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-18 21:16 by Happy24.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 18, 2019 09:47

As usual YMMV...for the Paris show in November it was nearly impossible to get seats on the floor (GA was behind the mixing desk) during the fan presale and totally impossible during the general sale, even with the Platinum packages. I did get a decent seat dead center right in the back of the section and decided I'd be happy with it in case nothing better came up.

Based on my experience with other shows (and especially the Stones) I was pretty sure there would be some late "drops" and guess what, there were absolutely NONE !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: March 18, 2019 19:58

Prices are so high. They released some seats for San Jose after a supposed initial sell-out, and they are around $500 before the service charge. The seats are up high, too. Maybe if the prices drop on the aftermarket sites close to the show, I'll consider it, but I've seen him already.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 18, 2019 21:10

gotdablouse
As usual YMMV...for the Paris show in November it was nearly impossible to get seats on the floor (GA was behind the mixing desk) during the fan presale and totally impossible during the general sale, even with the Platinum packages. I did get a decent seat dead center right in the back of the section and decided I'd be happy with it in case nothing better came up.

Based on my experience with other shows (and especially the Stones) I was pretty sure there would be some late "drops" and guess what, there were absolutely NONE !

Yes, this also happens sometimes. After seeing about 150 big concerts, I konw very well that sometimes I am totally wrong with my predictions, that is why I "panicked" and bought those seats, that I didn't really want. It is a gamble and the promoters and sellers sometimes play it really well. Bastards.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 19, 2019 18:54

Pretty good run from Red Rose Speedway thru London Town

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 20, 2019 00:20

How does he still look so @#$%& good?!

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 29, 2019 17:28

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 19:57

Fantastic

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 5, 2019 07:41

Well tomorrow Paul is in Vancouver. Anyone in Vancouver going besides me.

Date: July 5, 2019 10:02

I will be there. Scored rear floor tickets for more than half price. I think there will be plenty of deals by showtime.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 5, 2019 22:32

I'll be there, too. Just got an email notification that doors open at 6pm and to get there early. Concert starts at 8pm and they'll be doing searches so it'll take time to get into BC Place. Driving out from the valley so hopefully no accidents to stop traffic!

Date: July 6, 2019 07:27

Last time at BC Place he started at about 8:40pm - but it's good to act like he's going on at 8 sharp.

Date: July 6, 2019 08:45

I'm sure he'll change up his setlist a bit. He's played Mull of Kintyre his last three shows in town. I've read he doesn't play it very often but he plays it in Canada.

Date: July 6, 2019 09:25

My first time for Paul. I hear this is his farewell tour?

Date: July 6, 2019 09:29

He's touring more now than he ever has! 2012 was the first show in Van since 1964 and now 3 more since! I thought when I saw him in 2016 that would be the last time. Imagine if he announces a farewell tour what the demand for tickets would be!

Date: July 6, 2019 09:33

powerage78
Fantastic

A fan in awe, but it was cool indeed. He got his hug in the end smiling smiley

Date: July 6, 2019 21:49

The bulk of his setlist has not changed since 2016 - with the exception of a few new songs off 'Egypt Station', and he rotates a couple of oldies from night to night. (Where's the vote song, Paul?).

Date: July 6, 2019 23:05

I remember when he played BC Place in 2012 during Live and Let Die, the fireworks were hitting the roof! I thought, great, just spent half a billion renovating the stadium and now it's going to catch on fire! So much smoke inside and then he played Hey Jude, could barely see him sitting at the piano!
2016 local singer Diana Krall joined him the first night then Jimmy Fallon came on the second night. Wonder if anyone will join him this time?

Date: July 9, 2019 08:14

What's awesome job Paul.You really rocked Saturday night.Thanks a mil.

Date: July 9, 2019 22:13

It was a very good concert. I was upper bowl on the side and the sound was really good, unlike AC/DC a few years ago which was so much echo I could barely make out what song was being played!
To me, Paul's voice sounded good, unlike a lot of reports of him not sounding good anymore. 76 years old playing 3 hours straight!
Setlist was identical to his previous show a few days prior except for the encore, he played Birthday instead of I Saw Her Standing There. No Mull of Kintyre this time. 2016 he also played Yesterday and Day In The Life which would have been good to hear. Same story about Jimi Hendrix again. Lots of pyro during Live and Let Die again, although fireworks weren't hitting the roof!
If he does make it to town one last time, I hope he plays Rogers Arena again instead of BC Place.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 10, 2019 00:09

DGA35
It was a very good concert. I was upper bowl on the side and the sound was really good, unlike AC/DC a few years ago which was so much echo I could barely make out what song was being played!
To me, Paul's voice sounded good, unlike a lot of reports of him not sounding good anymore. 76 years old playing 3 hours straight!
Setlist was identical to his previous show a few days prior except for the encore, he played Birthday instead of I Saw Her Standing There. No Mull of Kintyre this time. 2016 he also played Yesterday and Day In The Life which would have been good to hear. Same story about Jimi Hendrix again. Lots of pyro during Live and Let Die again, although fireworks weren't hitting the roof!
If he does make it to town one last time, I hope he plays Rogers Arena again instead of BC Place.

He’s actually 77! I’ve seen him 8 times in the last 4 years and the between song andecdotes are the same every night. In London last year someone in the crowd tried to call him out on it but Paul shouted him down. His band are excellent and could probably handle any of his back catalogue yet his setlist is more static than the Stones! Still love his shows though.

Date: July 10, 2019 00:38

I see he just turned 77 a couple weeks ago! Even more impressive!!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 10, 2019 01:31

Here's a nice story about something Paul McCartney did..
[www.theage.com.au]

Given that Paul Kelly (widely known in Australia, but not a lot elsewhere) is one of my very favourite artistes, the fact that these two contributed is really something special.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 14, 2019 15:11

Ringo showed up at Dodger Stadium to play Sgt. Pepper and Helter Skelter...

[www.huffpost.com]

Unbelievable...historic any time these two play together these days.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 14, 2019 20:06

I was at the San Jose show. Excellent, almost 3 hours without a break. Half the people in their 70's in the crowd couldn't go 3 hours without a pee break let alone play R&R

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 14, 2019 20:45

keefriff99
Ringo showed up at Dodger Stadium to play Sgt. Pepper and Helter Skelter...

[www.huffpost.com]

Unbelievable...historic any time these two play together these days.

Why oh why couldn't he have had blisters on his fingers!

That was awesome. Between this and Steven Tyler doing it too, god its amazing how I still get chills EVERY TIME that intro Helter Skelter starts out. So @#$%& amazing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home