Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 67
OT Paul in Glasgow
Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: December 15, 2018 18:56

[www.facebook.com]
What a set list- 3 hour show? Hope he releases it live since he never got around to the Glasgow 79 show. Btw is there a download link for that 79 show?

Re: OT Paul in Glasgow
Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: December 16, 2018 19:11

I have a double CD of the 79 gig.

Here's a link to YT where someone has kindly uploaded the audio.

I was at that 1979 gig so it's great to have the CD however the show on Friday, though good, highlighted to me that Macca's voice can't now cope with quite a few of the songs he plays live.

In particular "Maybe I'm Amazed" was a real struggle for Paul.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Paul McCartney - "New" album and other Macca stuff
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: December 16, 2018 23:49

I imagine the 79 Glasgow show will be released as part of the Back to the Egg reissue

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: December 16, 2018 23:54

Thanks my IORR friends! That’s true he is doing more items in his reissues so maybe the 79 show sees the light of day.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: December 17, 2018 14:53

potus43
Cant wait to see him
LIAR

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 18, 2018 03:15

One intriguing thing about the Glasgow show is that he didn’t include Mull Of Kintyre in the setlist. It was not only played in Hampden Park 2010, but also at the O2 Arena 2009 and the Echo Arena 2011, all three times accompanied by a full Scottish pipe band. One can only guess why it wasn’t done this time in Glasgow of all places. Anyone?

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: January 2, 2019 19:04

A new single from McCartney only four months after his latest album.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-mccartney-get-enough/

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 2, 2019 21:37

jahisnotdead
A new single from McCartney only four months after his latest album.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-mccartney-get-enough/

The further he stays away from Ryan Tedder, the better.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: January 2, 2019 22:32

Song sucks, rock out Macca and ditch this crap.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 3, 2019 00:11

I love Paul but geez, I stopped listening after one minute. Maybe I'll give it a second try sometime. Feel inclined to say no wonder he left it off the album.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: January 3, 2019 00:21

I would have liked the new song much better if it weren't for the autotune. Autotune just sounds like electronic gargling to me.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: January 3, 2019 22:18

There is a fragment of a decent melody under the awful autotune. It's like an attempt to write a song about old Liverpool (docks), but trying to update or disguise it with robotic autotune. Might as well throw in beats.

OT: Paul McCartney
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 10, 2019 19:51

‘The Bruce McMouse Show’ - the previously unseen film - will be playing in select cinemas around the world on January 21st. Get your tickets HERE: brucemcmouse.com

Trailer - [youtu.be]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 25, 2019 00:49

Just announced that Paul is coming back to Vancouver again this July to BC Place. This will be his third time here since 2012. When I saw him then, it was the first time in Vancouver since 65, thought it was a once in a lifetime concert. Then he came back in 2016 and did 2 shows at Rogers Arena which was better since it was in an arena instead of the stadium so closer view.
I'm sure he'll draw a decent size crowd but not sure if this show will sell out.
2019 is shaping up to be a huge year for classic bands touring including several farewell tours: Stones, Who, McCartney, Elton, Seger, KISS, Cher, Pink, Maiden, Judas Priest and rumours of a Van Halen reunion with Mike Anthony back.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 25, 2019 03:33

DGA35
Just announced that Paul is coming back to Vancouver again this July to BC Place. This will be his third time here since 2012. When I saw him then, it was the first time in Vancouver since 65, thought it was a once in a lifetime concert. Then he came back in 2016 and did 2 shows at Rogers Arena which was better since it was in an arena instead of the stadium so closer view.
I'm sure he'll draw a decent size crowd but not sure if this show will sell out.
2019 is shaping up to be a huge year for classic bands touring including several farewell tours: Stones, Who, McCartney, Elton, Seger, KISS, Cher, Pink, Maiden, Judas Priest and rumours of a Van Halen reunion with Mike Anthony back.

I thought the BC Place show was better, but I got to see him pretty close first night at Rogers in 2016. The upcoming show probably won't sell out, but it's likely his only one in the Northwest, and it's July 4th weekend (kind of), so there will be plenty of out of towners. Statistically, at least 30% of the audience at most Macca shows travel 100km (60 miles) or more to attend.

I flew to Edmonton last fall to see him, once again thinking it would probably be the last time. Glad I was wrong!

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 25, 2019 05:40

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 25, 2019 07:04

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 27, 2019 08:28

DGA35

Yes going to this one. Think it will sell out. My first time seeing Paul. Hotels are not cheap, wonder was price jacked up.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 27, 2019 22:14

I thought the BC place show was better than the Rogers arena show last yimebround. I’ll probably hit this, it’s a Saturday night and 15 mins on the train from my place.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 28, 2019 00:42

Carnaby

'Six hands to hold you ?'

Date: January 28, 2019 11:55

Looks like Andy is loving it, haha. Funny picture.

Date: February 12, 2019 21:37

Paddy
I thought the BC place show was better than the Rogers arena show last yimebround. I’ll probably hit this, it’s a Saturday night and 15 mins on the train from my place.

Picked up a pair this morning via Amex Front of the Line presales. Didn't want to spend a lot so I got upper bowl about half way up. Only $75 including all added fees. I figure if you're not close to the stage you'll be watching the video screens anyway!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 12, 2019 21:47

Seems this tour is selling quite well in comparison with other big name acts of a similar age.
Was looking at Dodger stadium tix a while back out of curiosity, and it there were only slim pickings left.
Just looked again, and it's completely sold out. Would like to see him at the Hollywood Bowl - he could probably sell out 10 dates there easily.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: February 12, 2019 22:27

Hairball
Seems this tour is selling quite well in comparison with other big name acts of a similar age.
Was looking at Dodger stadium tix a while back out of curiosity, and it there were only slim pickings left.
Just looked again, and it's completely sold out. Would like to see him at the Hollywood Bowl - he could probably sell out 10 dates there easily.

That’s because the Stones are asking ridiculous prices for stadium shows. To purchase two 300 level seats in Boston they are asking nearly $700 (with fees)to sit a stadium away. It’s ridiculous and they deserve to play to empty stadiums for asking these prices of their fans. How much is enough?

Date: February 12, 2019 22:34

James Kirk
Hairball

That’s because the Stones are asking ridiculous prices for stadium shows. To purchase two 300 level seats in Boston they are asking nearly $700 (with fees)to sit a stadium away. It’s ridiculous and they deserve to play to empty stadiums for asking these prices of their fans. How much is enough?

Four Stones vs. one Beatle! smiling smiley

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 13, 2019 03:04

James Kirk
How much is enough?

You're asking the wrong forum that question. They've actively funded it for the most part.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 14, 2019 21:51

Paul has confirmed the release of the 'Egypt Station - Traveller’s Edition' box set out 10th May. This strictly limited deluxe edition of the #1 album #EgyptStation will be a one-time-only pressing limited to 3,000 numbered cases. PRE-ORDER INFO: www.paulmccartney.com

[twitter.com]

Date: February 15, 2019 22:37

babyblue
DGA35

Yes going to this one. Think it will sell out. My first time seeing Paul. Hotels are not cheap, wonder was price jacked up.

Well I checked ticketmaster just now since tickets went on sale to the public this morning and there aren't manys seats left, mainly just the expensive platinum seats and back of the floor. I thought this time he might draw mid 30's but it looks like it'll be another sellout closer to 50k.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: February 16, 2019 00:46

so tired

Date: February 16, 2019 01:26

I haven't slept a wink, I'm so tired my mind is on the blink.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1902
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home