Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 67
Re: OT: Paul McCartney - "New" album and other Macca stuff
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 1, 2016 04:25

whitem8
Yeah that was the Off the Ground tour and the song was Looking for Changes. Not a bad album, and some great songs in the setlist.
The songs from that album on Paul Is Live are very good. Hope Of Deliverance, Peace In The Neighborhood, Biker Like An Icon. I thought the songs were much better than the songs from Flowers In The Dirt that made Tripping The Live Fantastic.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 14, 2016 11:59

Setlist from the 1st night of Paul's tour looks pretty good. I was afraid there was going to be less Beatles stuff with the new solo compilation coming out. The man doesn't skimp the set list. Looking forward to Sunday!

A Hard Day's Night
Save Us
Can't Buy Me Love
Letting Go
Temporary Secretary
Let Me Roll It
I've Got a Feeling
My Valentine
Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five
Here, There and Everywhere
Maybe I'm Amazed
We Can Work It Out
In Spite of All the Danger
(The Quarrymen song) (First time live since 2005)
You Won't See Me
Love Me Do
And I Love Her
Blackbird
Here Today
Queenie Eye
New
The Fool on the Hill
Lady Madonna
FourFiveSeconds
Eleanor Rigby
Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
Something
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Band on the Run
Back in the U.S.S.R.
Let It Be
Live and Let Die
Hey Jude
Encore:
Yesterday
Hi, Hi, Hi
Birthday
Golden Slumbers
Carry That Weight
The End

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: April 14, 2016 12:03

He really plays Temporary Secretary?

Date: April 14, 2016 12:09

Is Macca a little bit boring or is it just me?

Date: April 14, 2016 13:00

Socrates1

It's nostalgia for sure but his newer stuff isn't bad. Lesson learned especially this year is to go see these guys whilst they're still with us & playing well. His band is real good. I've seen Paul 3 times going back to 1976 but not recently. My friend has never seen a Beatle, so I jumped on the tickets when opportunity knocked. She's pretty excited. This will be the smallest venue I've seen him in & I was able to get some decent seats for not a horrible amount of money. It will be fun. There's a lot of stuff on that setlist I've never seen him play & the choices from the Wings catalog are pretty good, too (IMHO). Wings over America was the 2nd show I went to ever. Some full circle stuff this year. The 4th show I saw was Aerosmith with Jeff Beck opening the same year. Jeff Beck's set changed my musical direction forever. Also have tix for the Who, the Cure (bucketlist material for me), Tears for Fears (never seen them) & just so its not all nostalgia I'm going to see Ray LaMontagne with My Morning Jacket backing him up. It's a good summer run. Don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to go to shows due to some health issues. I'm also thinking about Guns N' Roses but probably won't. Stadium show & pretty expensive. We'll see. I wish the Stones would play in the NW part of North America but I'm not holding my breath. It's been a long time. I was lucky & got to see 1 of the shows with Mick Taylor on 50 & Counting. If we leave it at that, I'm ok with it.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: April 14, 2016 15:00

Socrates1

It's you. Plus, he's 74 this June. Any show that opens with Hard Day's Night and closes with the Abbey Road trilogy is always great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-14 15:02 by Long John Stoner.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: April 14, 2016 15:39

This would be like if The Stones played GOMPER
Socrates1

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 14, 2016 15:54

Hi Stonehearted,

Might be an idea to change the name of this post. The 'New' album came out so long ago now.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 14, 2016 16:08

crholmstrom
Setlist from the 1st night of Paul's tour looks pretty good.

It is indeed. It is funny to see the discussion at the McCartney forum right now, where ALL the fans are outraged about the setlist, since only about 10 songs are different from the previous tour and he only plays 2 Beatles songs that he never played since The Beatles broke up smiling smiley As for me, I am absolutely happy and can't wait to see him again. Hard Day's Night and Love Me Do. Wow!

Posted by: ash ()
Date: April 14, 2016 16:11

38 songs including A Hard Days Night, In Spite Of All The Danger, You Wont See Me and Love Me Do.
That's impressive. Surely The Stones could squeeze in We Love You.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 14, 2016 17:20

Yeah, only 10 different songs from the last tour. What an outrage! The crap people try to get away with, I mean really.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: April 14, 2016 18:51

Happy24
crholmstrom
Setlist from the 1st night of Paul's tour looks pretty good.

It is indeed. It is funny to see the discussion at the McCartney forum right now, where ALL the fans are outraged about the setlist, since only about 10 songs are different from the previous tour and he only plays 2 Beatles songs that he never played since The Beatles broke up smiling smiley As for me, I am absolutely happy and can't wait to see him again. Hard Day's Night and Love Me Do. Wow!

Hey any setlist that doesn't include Long and Winding Road is a winner in my book though now there's no good place in the set for a bathroom break. Love McCartney, hate Long and Winding Road.
Wish he still did Fine Line - that was a great track.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 14, 2016 20:28

Paul just added some east coast dates for the summer. Hershey Park and MetLife Stadium, among them.

Date: April 15, 2016 06:53

Long John Stoner
Socrates1

It's you. Plus, he's 74 this June. Any show that opens with Hard Day's Night and closes with the Abbey Road trilogy is always great.

It probably is me! My bad. Everybody loves Paul McCartney. I should love him more.

Date: April 15, 2016 06:54

DrPete
This would be like if The Stones played GOMPER
Socrates1

lol

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 15, 2016 10:42

I didn't think I would like Temporary Secretary live, but to be honest it's played very well. But I'm still not crazy for it though. There are at least 5 songs I'm looking forward to see.

Date: April 16, 2016 12:33

I'm listening to Let It Be right now and I'm totally getting it.

Date: April 16, 2016 12:37

I'm totally serious.

Date: April 16, 2016 13:50

I think that if our boys came out on tour & did 10 songs a show that they didn't do last tour, including some that hadn't been played live in 50 years in a 35+ song 3 hour show, we might hit the universal "brown" note. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 16, 2016 22:37

GREAT SET LIST!!!

Unlike the Stones McCartney doesn't give you the same exact/safe tunes every night. Also, unlike the Stones McCartney seems proud of his very good new material.

Amazing that this setlist stretches from 1962's In Spite of All The Danger to his 2015 top five hit Four Five Seconds.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 17, 2016 04:55

James Kirk
GREAT SET LIST!!!

Unlike the Stones McCartney doesn't give you the same exact/safe tunes every night. Also, unlike the Stones McCartney seems proud of his very good new material.

Amazing that this setlist stretches from 1962's In Spite of All The Danger to his 2015 top five hit Four Five Seconds.

"In Spite Of All The Dangers" was recorded on 14th July 1958.

Source "The Beatles : Tune In" by Mark Lewisohn.

Date: April 18, 2016 15:13

Paul was excellent in Seattle last night. His voice is getting a little rugged at times though. One thing I like is he has very good, stripped down band. Just 5 guys including him. Setlist was the same as above with the notable exception of the encore. Krist Novoselic came out & guested on "Helter Skelter". It was pretty mighty! I'd say go if you can.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 18, 2016 21:51

crholmstrom
Paul was excellent in Seattle last night. His voice is getting a little rugged at times though. One thing I like is he has very good, stripped down band. Just 5 guys including him. Setlist was the same as above with the notable exception of the encore. Krist Novoselic came out & guested on "Helter Skelter". It was pretty mighty! I'd say go if you can.

Hi Cr, I'm going to Tuesday's show in Vancouver and possibly Wednesday's too. What time does the show start and finish?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 18, 2016 22:11

My advice would be to avoid the stadium shows and hit one of the arena shows.

Date: April 18, 2016 23:59

DGA35
crholmstrom

Hi Cr, I'm going to Tuesday's show in Vancouver and possibly Wednesday's too. What time does the show start and finish?
He came on about 8:30, played slighty under 3 hours. 39 songs here (up 1 from the first 2 shows). There is a live DJ starting about 7:30. THat was cool though, all remixes of Beatles stuff & covers of Beatles stuff with a light show.You want to be on time. "Hard Day's" is first song! Have fun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-19 00:04 by crholmstrom.

Date: April 19, 2016 00:01

mnewman505

Taking into account the stage & reserved on the floor, I'd say the show I saw was about 15,000 capacity. The pyro during "Live & Let Die" was like Motley Crue on the last tour, haha.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 19, 2016 00:43

Thanks for the info CR. I remember when I saw him in late 2012 in Vancouver, the pyro for Live and Let Die was the most I'd ever seen for any band, more than Motley or KISS! So much smoke in BC Place, then he plays Hey Jude and you could barely see the stage with all the smoke!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 19, 2016 01:08

crholmstrom
mnewman505

Taking into account the stage & reserved on the floor, I'd say the show I saw was about 15,000 capacity. The pyro during "Live & Let Die" was like Motley Crue on the last tour, haha.

I had a side stage seat a few rows back at Barclay's and when those fireworks went off I thought "Now I know how Michael Jackson felt!" Great show and even better than the Stones there, sorry to say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-19 01:08 by bleedingman.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: April 20, 2016 09:51

crholmstrom
He came on about 8:30, played slighty under 3 hours. 39 songs here (up 1 from the first 2 shows). There is a live DJ starting about 7:30. THat was cool though, all remixes of Beatles stuff & covers of Beatles stuff with a light show.You want to be on time. "Hard Day's" is first song! Have fun!

You can download DJ set if you want.
This is really good for a driving BGM.cool smiley

[soundcloud.com]

Date: April 20, 2016 11:59

a bigger nut
crholmstrom

You can download DJ set if you want.
This is really good for a driving BGM.cool smiley

[soundcloud.com]

Thanks! It sounded good in the arena & I have a tendency to crank it up in the car.smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home