Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 67
OT: Paul McCartney stuff
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 14, 2013 10:25

Sir Paul McCartney has teamed up with Giles Martin, son of The Beatles producer Sir George Martin, as well as Adele's producer Paul Epworth and Sir Tom Jones collaborator Ethan Johns for his new album.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "Paul's team are very excited about the album. They hope it will take him back to the top of the pop charts. The people working with him certainly know how to do that."

Story at: [www.contactmusic.com]

Paul McCartney on his new album: 'I think you're going to like this one'

Paul McCartney tells writer Simon Vozick-Levinson in the Aug. 29 issue of Rolling Stone his new album is a “really cool adventure.”

The album, as yet untitled, has been in the works more than a year with a quartet of producers – Mark Ronson, Adele's Paul Epworth, Ethan Johns (of Kings of Leon) and Giles Martin, son of Beatles producer George Martin. A previous report said the album would be out by the end of the year.

Details at: [www.examiner.com]

Paul McCartney on his Out There! 2013 world tour.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-19 12:35 by bv.

Re: OT: McCartney hires stars for new album
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 14, 2013 10:34

Hmmmm....last real good and exciting album coming from Sir Paul is in my opinion 'Flaming Pie' from 1996 soooooooo......

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 14, 2013 10:49

His last effort so far - Kisses On The Bottom is absolutely excellent. True, it is not a typical album, it is Paul singing oldies (except of one own composition), but it is just great.

Anyway, I find the title misleading - he will work with a son of a famous producer (George Martin) and a guy who collaborated with someone famous (Tom Jones). How does that fulfill the title "McCartney hires stars," I don't know. The only star here is Paul. Typical bollocks of The Sun.

Actually when I read the sentence: "...son of The Beatles producer Sir George Martin..." my brain authomacicaly read: "sons of The Beatles" and I got really scared. That's what a certain freak on this forum had done to me. One day soon I will be affraid to look at this forum :-)

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 14, 2013 11:01

For me Chaos and Creation was outstanding. However, that was the last thing by him that I love. I have high hopes for this new record. It's certainly within his reach to produce something great.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 14, 2013 11:17

Let's not forget the edgy experimental brilliance of his 2008 album (with Youth) called Electric Arguments [by "The Fireman"].

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 14, 2013 11:18

He did some interesting work with Nigel Goodrich. I'd like to see him collaborate more with Dave Grohl. He certainly seemed to be fired up by tha.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 14, 2013 12:26

Been in the works for a lot more than one year...not a good sign, and still untitled ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 14, 2013 12:36

His run of albums from Flaming Pie through to Memory Almost Full were pretty good. I didn't care for Kisses On The Bottom too much but I hold hope that he new one will be pretty good. I think Paul is in a good place in his head right now and that will reflect in the songs.

Posted by: ruchin ()
Date: August 14, 2013 14:54

Flaming Pie, Dance Tonight and Fine Line are great songs.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: August 14, 2013 15:00

gotdablouse
Been in the works for a lot more than one year...not a good sign, and still untitled ?

He's also been touring a bit in the last year, so your point is rather moot.

At 71, McCartney is still as prolific and active as he ever was, certainly more so the last several years. The guy still ventures into new territory and goes out of his comfort zone quite a bit. You have to admire him for not playing it safe. He could have completely withdrawn musically after Linda's death.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: August 14, 2013 15:05

Ethan Johns is a good choice, really like his production (simple!) - if I could choose, he would be the one producing the Stones.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 14, 2013 15:24

hope he has a better title for it than the last one..

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 14, 2013 15:39

At the risk of upsetting a lot of people...my impression is that Paul has spent most of the last 30 or 40 years up his own *rse.

Date: August 14, 2013 16:54

Spud
At the risk of upsetting a lot of people...my impression is that Paul has spent most of the last 30 or 40 years up his own *rse.

!!!!

that's a long time for that..

harsh but funny

Date: August 14, 2013 17:01

OK

much or a good part of the last 30 or 40 years.

Is that fairer ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-14 17:01 by Spud.

Date: August 14, 2013 17:12

Spud
OK

much or a good part of the last 30 or 40 years.

Is that fairer ?

don't know..

what is it, that cloying annoying thing about him...

I mean he's great. no denying it..

Date: August 14, 2013 17:17

Yeah he is.

I was a huge fan in the Wings era...but ever since then it's as though he's just playing at it, dabbling in this that or the other as takes his fancy,

Joking aside, he's got nothing to prove . Maybe he just knows that and doesn't sweat on anything any more.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: August 14, 2013 18:50

Spud

I have to give the guy credit for consistently touring and recording the last 30 to 40 years and not sitting on his as you say "*rse" like some other musicians (rod the mod to name one)

Date: August 14, 2013 18:55

Fair point Reg ;^)

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 14, 2013 19:09

I think he is missing Daaaahni, Jaaaaames Macca and Julian Lennon - then it would have peeeerfect.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: August 14, 2013 19:22

He should hang it up

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: August 14, 2013 20:43

He has the ears of many fans as he is seems to be constantly touring. I hope he can seize the opportunity and produce something great.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 14, 2013 21:33

He just finished playing a couple Western Canada shows in Winnipeg and Regina and he played Seattle last month. I believe I read just last year around the time he came to Vancouver in November that since he left the Beatles, he's only played around 350 concerts? Can that be right?

Date: August 14, 2013 21:49

To correct my last post, I went on his website and it shows all the concerts he's done. At this point, just under 600, which still isn't that many in 42 years!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 14, 2013 22:46

Would love for the infamous McCartney/Richards penned track to see the light of day.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: August 14, 2013 23:08

DGA35
To correct my last post, I went on his website and it shows all the concerts he's done. At this point, just under 600, which still isn't that many in 42 years!

Heaven forbid that he should have a family life and that this might limit the number of shows he plays. Priorities old chap.

Date: August 14, 2013 23:19

Oh definitely priorities, but averaging less than 15 shows a year! From 1970 til 1989 he only played 139 shows which is less than 10 per year, although he didn't tour at all in the 1980's. His most consistent touring ironically has been in the last decade!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: August 14, 2013 23:49

That Memories Almost Full album got some good reviews, but imo I lost interest in any of his remaining solo material/releases since Pipes of Peace. So even with Giles Martin helping out, I'm not expecting much.

However, I hope he tours (in America) again to promote te new album. I missed him the last time at the Barclay in Brooklyn.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: August 15, 2013 00:40

jazzbass
Would love for the infamous McCartney/Richards penned track to see the light of day.

? got any info on this, first ive heard of

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 15, 2013 00:41

Come On
Hmmmm....last real good and exciting album coming from Sir Paul is in my opinion 'Flaming Pie' from 1996 soooooooo......

No way. His last Fireman album, Electric Arguments is bloody fantastic. And could well be his best solo album. Mature, adventurous, hard hitting, eclectic, and whimsical. All things good about McCartney. Memory Almost Full is another amazing album with some truly classic Macca. It is an album of covers, but Run Devil Run, his first album after Linda's death is one of the best covers albums made. Flaming Pie is good, but imo Electric Arguments is far better. You should check it out.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home