Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 58
Sticky Fingers to get the Deluxe Treatment?
Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: January 10, 2015 05:37

I heard that Sticky Fingers is next on the list to get the Deluxe treatment.
I also heard that Marquee Club 1971 film will accompany the Deluxe release of the album.
Anybody else hear this?

Cheers,

SOUL

Re: Sticky Fingers to get the Deluxe Treatment?
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 10, 2015 06:03

There is an entire thread devoted to this subject, old news my friend.

Re: Sticky Fingers to get the Deluxe Treatment?
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 10, 2015 06:54

Here is considerable discussion on the subject:

[www.iorr.org]

peace

Re: 'Sticky Fingers' reissue in 2015?
Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: February 23, 2015 23:09

Haven't heard much about this lately...Any updates/inside info??

I would think there would be an announcement soon if we're still on for an April release??

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 24, 2015 07:12

Why do you think BV mentionned Sticky Fingers when he gave hints for the 2015 concert dates ?

The shows will promote the release.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: February 24, 2015 07:45

Obviously if I had seen/read any info on this release, then I wouldn't be inquiring.

Am I supposed to sort through 40 pages of "live in 2015" thread for some shred of info on a S.F. reissue, or just simply make an inquiry in the pertaining thread??

I am clearly looking for some details and I haven't seen anything here about it? Your post doesn't answer anything for me. Anyone else??

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 24, 2015 07:53

Nothing solid yet achilles77. Just that it is definitely in the works, some live shows for the period will be included in the DVD and that the summer tour will somehow be themed around it. peace

Date: February 24, 2015 08:04

Thanks Naturalust. I apprecite it.

On a side note, I really hope that Taylor is involved with this tour. It would be appropriate considering THIS release coming out prior to the shows, and it increases the possibilities of what could be played properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-24 08:34 by achilles77.

Date: February 24, 2015 10:25

achilles77
Obviously if I had seen/read any info on this release, then I wouldn't be inquiring.

Am I supposed to sort through 40 pages of "live in 2015" thread for some shred of info on a S.F. reissue, or just simply make an inquiry in the pertaining thread??

I am clearly looking for some details and I haven't seen anything here about it? Your post doesn't answer anything for me. Anyone else??

Mick has talked about this release himself (October 22, 2014):

RS Magazine: Do you have plans for more deluxe reissues? You've got Sticky Fingers and Tattoo You to do.

Mick: – I think Sticky Fingers is the next one. I don't know how much is there in terms of other songs or outtakes. Part of what was done then became Exile On Main Street. But I haven't immersed myself in it. I've gotta do that, I guess.

Posted by: FeelTheFire ()
Date: February 24, 2015 10:59

It will be interesting to see if it is released on April 23. They may wait till the start of the tour.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 24, 2015 11:11

This is leading me to the idea of a lot of Mick Taylor involvement (onstage). Hope I'm not dreaming too hard.

Date: February 24, 2015 11:16

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-24 14:08 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: February 24, 2015 11:56

May 8 is the new release date, supposedly.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 24, 2015 11:57

If the original album tracks are remastered the same way as on Some Girls Deluxe and EOMS Deluxe, maybe it's better to not wait too much of it...

Date: February 24, 2015 12:22

Loved the sound and the space in the soundscape on the SG Deluxe. Exile sounded grey and artificial, imo.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 24, 2015 14:03

DandelionPowderman

Is there a source or link to this supposition?

Date: February 24, 2015 14:06

bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman

The main source is Universal, but I can't reveal my source, unless he wants to come forward. There are more news, too, but I'm not sure how much I can say. But, heck, it looks good for all the worried minds out there smiling smiley (The source of the latter is from the Stones Office).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-24 14:32 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 24, 2015 14:21

May 8 is Friday, the release dates are Monday or Tuesday.

Date: February 24, 2015 14:23

georgelicks
May 8 is Friday, the release dates are Monday or Tuesday.

Let's wait and see...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 24, 2015 14:37

DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman

The main source is Universal, but I can't reveal my source, unless he wants to come forward. There are more news, too, but I'm not sure how much I can say. But, heck, it looks good for all the worried minds out there smiling smiley (The source of the latter is from the Stones Office).

London shows 2015, maybe..................
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-24 14:37 by corriecas.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 24, 2015 18:18

DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman

Are you saying we'll get one of those 1971 tour gigs in perfect audio? That would be something!

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: February 24, 2015 18:38

Doc
Why do you think BV mentionned Sticky Fingers when he gave hints for the 2015 concert dates ?

If that's true it would pretty much infuriate me (to a degree...) if Mick Taylor is not part of the show. There will be a lot baby boomer fans shaking their heads in disbelief and dismissing the tour outright. I can predict the conversations already...Sigh...It's just bad vibes all around to exlude Taylor from a Sticky Fingers themed tour for long-time fans. I can't wrap my head around the notion that he's out...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 24, 2015 18:44

DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman

Even if you can't say what it is, it sounds good to me. Let's wait and see. thumbs up

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 24, 2015 22:12

DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman

Sounds promising!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 25, 2015 04:28

palerider22
Doc

If that's true it would pretty much infuriate me (to a degree...) if Mick Taylor is not part of the show. There will be a lot baby boomer fans shaking their heads in disbelief and dismissing the tour outright. I can predict the conversations already...Sigh...It's just bad vibes all around to exlude Taylor from a Sticky Fingers themed tour for long-time fans. I can't wrap my head around the notion that he's out...

Maybe you won't need to...this is all still just speculation.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 25, 2015 14:43

Is this release a new Chinese Democracy? as well as Keith Richards solo album

Date: February 25, 2015 14:51

KeithNacho

Why? Because it supposedly has been 18 days delayed?

And the release hasn't even been confirmed yet smiling smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 25, 2015 17:25

KeithNacho

thumbs up

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 25, 2015 23:21

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman

Are you saying we'll get one of those 1971 tour gigs in perfect audio? That would be something!

Well Dandy, any comment on my question?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 25, 2015 23:41

DandelionPowderman
achilles77

Mick has talked about this release himself (October 22, 2014):

RS Magazine: Do you have plans for more deluxe reissues? You've got Sticky Fingers and Tattoo You to do.

Mick: – I think Sticky Fingers is the next one. I don't know how much is there in terms of other songs or outtakes. Part of what was done then became Exile On Main Street. But I haven't immersed myself in it. I've gotta do that, I guess.

I wish they'd do them all. I'd love to hear extra material from GOATS HEAD SOUP, IORR, BLACK AND BLUE, EMOTIONAL RESCUE, TATTOO YOU and UNDERCOVER.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1418
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home