Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' reissue in 2015?
Date: December 13, 2014 13:39

I hope they will focus on material they haven't released before on a separate disc. I'm not too fond of embryotic versions of existing stuff.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 13, 2014 19:54

Maindefender
The great news is we only have to wait 3 months for this release!! If it's equal in content to EOMS It will be fun. Plus the marketing machine should crank up in January(hopefully David Fricke) and we'll get some juicy details......and then another 3 months for Keith's solo album.

...are you sure about Keith's solo album?
TeddyB where are you?! We need some news!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 14, 2014 16:42

Doxa
treaclefingers
I wonder if this'll be bigger than the Exile rerelease?

I think it has the potential, it's a bigger album in terms of public awareness, has the hot single, and the cover is iconic.

I doubt that. EXILE just seemed to click so perfectly - its reputation has been builded so strongly among rock press over the years, the story of its making is about the most mythical in rock history - so 'sex and drugs and rock and roll' it ever can be (and a worth of PR DVD), and still it is rather mysterious album for many, since its material is not so obvious, so I guess there was something actually still newsworthy and novel for many listeners to discover. I mean, putting together a title 'everybody knows being among the best albums ever done' but still is not probably not owning it/being familair with, is a good start point for a big scale reissue. It was not only the Rolling Stones diehards to add their collection that put the album #1 in UK and #2 in US...

- Doxa

You could be right. On the other hand, the Stones new albums (whenever they rarely appear) still go top ten.

Didn't ABB hit number 2 in the UK/USA? This isn't the general public buying the new albums, they sure as hell aren't going back in time and buying rereleases. I doubt the general public would even be aware of the mystique of Exile you're referring to.

So, we'll wait and see what happens. I think Exile did so well partly because of the massive promotion effort. The band on Jimmy Fallon?!

Some Girls didn't get that kind of push, and while referring to zeitgeist sounds good, I would wager that if that album had been rereleased before Exile, and with all the promo Exile had had, you'd have gotten a completely different outcome.

We will never know for sure of course.

Date: December 15, 2014 09:11

April 23, says the grapevine. Can't wait!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 15, 2014 15:36

What grapevine might that be? Link?

Date: December 15, 2014 15:45

A friend says: "According to Universal Records Sticky Fingers Reissue will be released 23 April 2015.

Box with CD + Book & the Dvd Marquee Club + CD".

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 15, 2014 16:16

April 23rd is a Thursday, not a usual release day.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: December 15, 2014 22:21

DandelionPowderman
A friend says: "According to Universal Records Sticky Fingers Reissue will be released 23 April 2015.

Box with CD + Book & the Dvd Marquee Club + CD".

Box with cd book, marquee-dvd and marquee-cd (or hopefully a cd with bonus tracks?)?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 15, 2014 22:58

Maindefender
April 23rd is a Thursday, not a usual release day.

The original record was released on April 23rd, back in 1971.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: December 15, 2014 23:22

Hope there is a tribute for bobby somewhere in the package

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-15 23:22 by Rik.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 15, 2014 23:46

Rik
Hope there is a tribute for bobby somewhere in the package

thumbs up Song number 1 : BROWN SUGAR !!! thumbs up

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 16, 2014 01:10

Maindefender
The great news is we only have to wait 3 months for this release!! If it's equal in content to EOMS It will be fun. Plus the marketing machine should crank up in January(hopefully David Fricke) and we'll get some juicy details......and then another 3 months for Keith's solo album.

Hire do you know it's only 3 months away?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 16, 2014 02:30

Stones Planet Brazil appears to be the source of this latest info.

Update posted yesterday says the box set will include the remastered album, CD of bonus tracks, CD/DVD of Marquee '71 and a book.

Cover will reportedly be the Spanish version, and release will coincide with the 44th anniversary of the album's April 23, 1971 release.

[www.stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.com.br]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 16, 2014 04:23

bitusa2012
Maindefender

Hire do you know it's only 3 months away?

You can gather a lot of info from those who I consider reliable sources just by following this thread. And since I last chimed in more good info has been provided. I questioned the April 23rd date but when Cristiano reported that date is the actual anniversary date of the '71 release I'm convinced!! So it's not 3 months but 4 until the release of this four disc deluxe beauty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-16 04:24 by Maindefender.

Posted by: FeelTheFire ()
Date: December 16, 2014 10:30

I will be very disappointed if C.S Blues is not on it.

Date: December 16, 2014 10:39

FeelTheFire

Why should it be? If they released that, it would have been with the Exile release.

Date: December 16, 2014 10:40

bye bye johnny

Update posted yesterday says the box set will include the remastered album, CD of bonus tracks, CD/DVD of Marquee '71 and a book.

Cover will reportedly be the Spanish version, and release will coincide with the 44th anniversary of the album's April 23, 1971 release.

My friend got the info straight from Universal.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 16, 2014 13:13

DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny

Let me guess...$750 suggested retail price?

Date: December 16, 2014 13:23

shadooby
DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny

Let me guess...$750 suggested retail price?

Hey, this ain't a signed Brussels Affair-box! smiling smiley

However, with vinyls included I'm sure the price will reach stratospheric limits...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 16, 2014 16:07

bye bye johnny

Cover will reportedly be the Spanish version,

yeah! treacle fingers will finally get a proper release!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 16, 2014 16:13

DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny

Hi DP, could you ask your friend when Keith's solo album will be published?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 16, 2014 16:53

Awesome news if true! The inclusion of the Marquee video may have something to do with Eagle Rock taking down some youtube videos of that show recently. I watched it on bootleg dvd recently (the full "rehearsal version") and it was better than I remember. Certainly not one of their real tight high energy shows like MSG '69 or Philly '72, but a great intimate look at the Stones in a club during their peak. The video is not so one-sidedly focused on Jagger either -- there's many shots of Bobby Keys and Mick Taylor as well. Fans of Mick T will certainly enjoy watching closeups of his soloing. Also many awesome Mick & Keith-at-the-same-mic moments!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 16, 2014 16:55

Still, I wish they could dig up some of the other shows that were recorded by Glyn Johns on the '71 tour.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 16, 2014 17:20

LieB
Still, I wish they could dig up some of the other shows that were recorded by Glyn Johns on the '71 tour.

That would be awesome, but it seems this reissue will not include that. I doubt they would put out 2 CDs with live concerts. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Posted by: hypnohighball ()
Date: December 17, 2014 03:12

Naturalust
Yeah keep the zipper but somehow add a bunch of the artwork that didn't make the final cut. Those photo's of the band on that record were so damn cool I think they influenced people almost as much as the music.

I love the photo on the inner sleeve and as we all know there is a ton of pictures from that session. Problem is, the photographer just started selling individual prints and expensive coffee table books of these photos just this year, not to mention a gallery showing of his Stones photos in London, maybe New York as well. Any book that comes with a Deluxe Edition of SF would have a hell of a time getting clearance to use any of these excellent photos, unfortunately, at least I would think so. Maybe by next year the pricey book will have run it's course and us common folk can have access to these great photos, who knows?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 17, 2014 04:15

hypnohighball
Naturalust
Yeah keep the zipper but somehow add a bunch of the artwork that didn't make the final cut. Those photo's of the band on that record were so damn cool I think they influenced people almost as much as the music.

I love the photo on the inner sleeve and as we all know there is a ton of pictures from that session. Problem is, the photographer just started selling individual prints and expensive coffee table books of these photos just this year, not to mention a gallery showing of his Stones photos in London, maybe New York as well. Any book that comes with a Deluxe Edition of SF would have a hell of a time getting clearance to use any of these excellent photos, unfortunately, at least I would think so. Maybe by next year the pricey book will have run it's course and us common folk can have access to these great photos, who knows?

A small consolation is that the additional pictures I've seen from that photo session weren't near as cool as the one they finally chose.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-17 17:57 by Naturalust.

Posted by: KennedyLetsWork ()
Date: December 17, 2014 08:09

DandelionPowderman
FeelTheFire

Why should it be? If they released that, it would have been with the Exile release.

Nope. Recorded in 1970 during the Sticky Fingers sessions. Intended to be their final obligation to Robert Klein and Decca, but was subsequently replaced by Brown Sugar in fulfilling that obligation.

Date: December 17, 2014 08:43

KennedyLetsWork
DandelionPowderman
FeelTheFire

Nope. Recorded in 1970 during the Sticky Fingers sessions. Intended to be their final obligation to Robert Klein and Decca, but was subsequently replaced by Brown Sugar in fulfilling that obligation.

The song was indeed recorded in 1970. Also official released in Germany in 1983. I was thinking about the movie.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 17, 2014 12:39

DandelionPowderman
KennedyLetsWork
DandelionPowderman
FeelTheFire

The song was indeed recorded in 1970. Also official released in Germany in 1983. I was thinking about the movie.

CS Blues has never been officially released in Germany.

Mathijs

Date: December 17, 2014 12:48

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
KennedyLetsWork
DandelionPowderman
FeelTheFire

CS Blues has never been officially released in Germany.

Mathijs

By mistake, for a very short period, yes it was.

A CS single with blank white cover was inserted in this official german release.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-17 12:53 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2172
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home