Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 8/9 June
Date: June 13, 2015 01:02

toomuchforme
No new songs. Just alternate takes or unedited (Bitch). This is the only weak point for the studio re-release.
Dead flowers alternate is a live studio song.

But 1st good point : the sound is perfect. The 2005 Toshiba CD I have was the best release for now. But it is over. The 2015 is even better.
2nd good point is the live act : Leeds 71 is an excellent show and the sound is of course better than the boots we had (refectory@university). Only Charlie had not the proper mics around him...
Roundhouse (we always named it live at the Marquee) show appears to be excellent (Taylor on Stray Cat Blues is brillant). And the bluray is out here june 22. 65 minutes. At last.

unedited bitch sounds like a studio run through not just the official release uncut

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 13, 2015 01:04

Listened to the live tracks on Spotify. Live With Me is awesome! The live tracks sound great.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 13, 2015 01:23

Now what do I do with my Get Yer Leeds Lungs Out and Get Yer Leeds Lungs Out, Revisited cd's? Unlike the Archives Brussels Affair which was, for the most part entirely new, this boot's now obsolete. These are great times to be Stones fans!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 13, 2015 01:42

bye bye johnny
hot smileyoh=6caf9921589dc813d8f5697e6d883f5a&oe=55FBE70F" class="bbcode" border="0" />

[www.facebook.com]

Got my SUPERDELUXE BOX today. Number *13864 spinning smiley sticking its tongue out with MICK TAYLOR outcut! hot smiley
Dancing all night long to CD number III GET YOUR LEEDS LUNGS OUT!!!

I had't played my vinyl bootleg for 20 years or more..., but picked it up from the hips.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 01:52 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 13, 2015 01:50

shadooby
Now what do I do with my Get Yer Leeds Lungs Out and Get Yer Leeds Lungs Out, Revisited cd's? Unlike the Archives Brussels Affair which was, for the most part entirely new, this boot's now obsolete. These are great times to be Stones fans!

Don't dare to belittle my dear mono boot! winking smiley I still love it.

Date: June 13, 2015 01:51

Yup, keepin em for the monothumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 13, 2015 01:53

shadooby

You know, such a club show is in reality also in mono. cool smiley

Date: June 13, 2015 01:59

kleermaker
shadooby

You know, such a club show is in reality also in mono. cool smiley

Unless ya stick a finger in yer ear.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 13, 2015 05:29

boring as hell with zero creative effort. tons of rare, UNRELEASED songs available and we are stuck with this. sad.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 13, 2015 06:46

toomuchforme
No new songs. Just alternate takes or unedited (Bitch). This is the only weak point for the studio re-release.

But 1st good point : the sound is perfect. The 2005 Toshiba CD I have was the best release for now. But it is over. The 2015 is even better.
2nd good point is the live act : Leeds 71 is an excellent show and the sound is of course better than the boots we had (refectory@university). Only Charlie had not the proper mics around him...
Roundhouse (we always named it live at the Marquee) show appears to be excellent (Taylor on Stray Cat Blues is brillant). And the bluray is out here june 22. 65 minutes. At last.

1. Bitch is not simply an unedited version of the album track. Scratch vocal and various instrumental differences.
2. The Roundhouse tracks are not the same performances as the Marquee show.
3. This "2015" version of the album is the same as the 2009 Universal Remaster, so if that didn't beat your ToshibA, then this shouldn't either.

Posted by: mikesnaps ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:53

Just picked up my super deluxe box set today
Looking forward to immersing myself in it this weekend.

I wish they had included the raw, early studio versions of Brown Sugar and Wild Horses as depicted in the Gimme Shelter movie. They sound great and complement the final versions on sticky fingers.

Brown Sugar with Clapton has been widely bootlegged, would have loved those versions described above on cd.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 13, 2015 12:45

JMARKO
toomuchforme

1. Bitch is not simply an unedited version of the album track. Scratch vocal and various instrumental differences.
2. The Roundhouse tracks are not the same performances as the Marquee show.
3. This "2015" version of the album is the same as the 2009 Universal Remaster, so if that didn't beat your ToshibA, then this shouldn't either.

3. I made a confusion with the Goats head soup Toshiba version ! I have many versions for Sticky (Toshiba cd too VJCP 68031) and the MFSL Lp too.
Not the 2009 on cd but LP - sounding poor.
2. Not the same show ? So the Chris Jagger video is still a gem ?
1. anecdotic. There are no new songs on this release

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: June 13, 2015 12:54

"Leedsis brilliant" what a sound,well worth waiting for.cool smiley

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: June 13, 2015 13:11

Personally, i've a problem with Dead Flowers "alternate".
It doesn't sound like a demo or a studio version.

For me it's completely live (near the Texas 72 version) :
Rehearsals before a tour (70, 71 or even 72)?
Live known version with audience unheard ?
Live unknown version ?

What do you think...

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 13:53

This is a lazy release. I really like the alternate takes, they are fantastic,and worth listening to, except for Wild Horses, that's just o.k. The live material is truly great, it just doesn't belong on this album, it should have had it's own release. What was needed was some unreleased material.

Note to Jagger: If you don't want to make the effort, like you did with Exile & SG, then allow someone else to do it, of don't do it at all.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 13, 2015 14:28

Reply from Jagger himself :

"hey bozo we weren't going to release half-baked outtakes just to please you!
If you wanna listen to crap like "Who Am I?" you have YT or the boots!
Now enjoy the Roundhouse cuts I dug out just for you IORR crowd and STFU" >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 14:31 by dcba.

Posted by: charliesgood ()
Date: June 13, 2015 14:36

you know I just got the latest tull release which includes a nice booklet a live show unreleased songs and two dvds with hi res options for 40 bucks .For this superdeluxe edition you are paying over a hundred extra bucks for a booklet and the leeds disc seems a little excessive btw you can the booklet and the marque dvd at best buy for 35 bucks

Date: June 13, 2015 14:58

marclaff

Live unknown version ?

What do you think...

Certainly no studio outtake. To me it sounds like a rehearsal for the Marquee Club show in 1971.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 13, 2015 15:11

RipThisBone
marclaff

Live unknown version ?

What do you think...

Certainly no studio outtake. To me it sounds like a rehearsal for the Marquee Club show in 1971.

You guys are funny! To me it sounds like a studio outtake - for sure!cool smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:29

Parts of the CYHMK rehearsal/demo/whatever to call it remind me of a Yes track eye popping smiley called Wurm -
the end section of Starship Trooper to be exact, which I haven't heard in about 25 years, so it's not my fault!

That Bitch is hot.

I love the Rolling Stones

Date: June 13, 2015 17:04

muenke
RipThisBone
marclaff

Live unknown version ?

What do you think...

You guys are funny! To me it sounds like a studio outtake - for sure!cool smiley

To me it sounds like they know the song in and out and play it like a live performance. Listen to the ending, it's just like they would do at a live performance (maybe that same evening at the Marquee?), and compare this with the ending of the officialy released version.
Allthough not officialy released until april 1971, they had been playing it live since the 1970 European Tour so it was not a new song to play (at the Marquee?) and that's what comes of so clear from this DeLuxe version.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 13, 2015 17:34

Zentgraf says Dead Flowers is from an Olympic session Dec 1969

Date: June 13, 2015 18:03

donvis
Zentgraf says Dead Flowers is from an Olympic session Dec 1969
Yes, I saw that, but sometimes songs/outtakes/things are being replaced when new information or insights come to the surface on this fantastic site www.nzentgraf.de, He's a great guy Nico!

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:04

I think the 2 CD is awesome! I got it the day it was released, and I've been listening to it since. I think my favourite tracks (from the 2nd disc) are alternate Brown Sugar and Roundhouse Honky Tonk Women. I also love that they used the original yellow record cover on the first cd. It's a really cool extra touch.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:05

with sssoul
That Bitch is hot.

True that.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:07

RipThisBone
muenke
RipThisBone
marclaff

Live unknown version ?

What do you think...

To me it sounds like they know the song in and out and play it like a live performance. Listen to the ending, it's just like they would do at a live performance (maybe that same evening at the Marquee?), and compare this with the ending of the officialy released version.
Allthough not officialy released until april 1971, they had been playing it live since the 1970 European Tour so it was not a new song to play (at the Marquee?) and that's what comes of so clear from this DeLuxe version.

It could be the "country rock" version as opposed to the "country" version. Although it does sound like a rehearsal which leads me to believe they have some other high quality versions of rehearsals out there! Here's to hoping a Wild Horses with Nicky Hopkins and Mick Taylor exist!

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:11

Nikkei
with sssoul
That Bitch is hot.

True that.

Yeah the guitar is so good. It has Keith's really powerful rhythm

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:25

marclaff

Live unknown version ?

What do you think...

Certainly no studio outtake. To me it sounds like a rehearsal for the Marquee Club show in 1971.[/quote]

Marquee or a pre-show 1970 soundcheck/rehearsal? Malmoe'70 or another gig?

Or (let's be adventurous) a pre-show soundcheck/rehearsal for the Saville Theatre or the Lyceum Theatre late 1969 shows...?

I imagine that :
they had recorded DF (acoustic version) in the studio a few days before and at the Saville or the Lyceum someone (Keith?) decided to try the song in an all electric arrangement.

It worked pretty well so they kept the idea for the following tour (Euro 1970) or as there are no setlists for these London'69 it's possible they tested an electric DF live at these London shows.

Why put on the SF reissue a live/soundcheck version? Because the alt. studio version of DF has been bootlegged since 1992 ("Time Trip" vol.1/2) and it's not drastically different from the SF version. Hence the finding of this electric take.

And Herr Zentgraf has an entry on 1969-12-14 which he describes as "Rehearsals for the upcoming shows" so I'd place the DF version as stemming from this!

Like my theory? drinking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 18:47 by dcba.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:08

dcba
Reply from Jagger himself :

"hey bozo we weren't going to release half-baked outtakes just to please you!
If you wanna listen to crap like "Who Am I?" you have YT or the boots!
Now enjoy the Roundhouse cuts I dug out just for you IORR crowd and STFU" >grinning smiley<

There was nothing half-baked about the outtakes on either Exile or SG, I thought they were rather good.

"Bozo, STFU!" Dcba...Stop acting like a complete dick everytime someone expresses an opinion that differs from yours.

!"

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:21

dcba
marclaff

Live unknown version ?

What do you think...

Marquee or a pre-show 1970 soundcheck/rehearsal? Malmoe'70 or another gig?

Or (let's be adventurous) a pre-show soundcheck/rehearsal for the Saville Theatre or the Lyceum Theatre late 1969 shows...?

I imagine that :
they had recorded DF (acoustic version) in the studio a few days before and at the Saville or the Lyceum someone (Keith?) decided to try the song in an all electric arrangement.

It worked pretty well so they kept the idea for the following tour (Euro 1970) or as there are no setlists for these London'69 it's possible they tested an electric DF live at these London shows.

Why put on the SF reissue a live/soundcheck version? Because the alt. studio version of DF has been bootlegged since 1992 ("Time Trip" vol.1/2) and it's not drastically different from the SF version. Hence the finding of this electric take.

And Herr Zentgraf has an entry on 1969-12-14 which he describes as "Rehearsals for the upcoming shows" so I'd place the DF version as stemming from this!

Like my theory? drinking smiley[/quote]

I agree. This version of Dead Flowers sounds like a rehearsal for a show. Only question is which show. We know for sure the Marquee rehearsals were recorded and filmed.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home