Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 8/9 June
Posted by: milio77 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 11:47

Great. That's the info I wanted. I never cared for Google Play and couldn't find the exact info about their formats. And I see it's the usual 256kbps AAC on iTunes. Based on that I'm partial to AAC even at lower bitrate, so I'll stick with iTunes.

And maybe give it a try at 7 digital...

Thanks man, very much appreciated! smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 11, 2015 12:05

milio77

If you try Qobuz and buy the lossless FLAC/WAV format, then you can additionally download the lossy 320kps AAC/MP3 version. This makes sense if you want the lossless FLAC/WAV for the HDD-Player plus the lossy 320kps AAC/MP3 for the Smartphone/Tablet - and you don't have to convert it by yourself ....

(Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, UK, Ireland)

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 11, 2015 12:36

Irix
milio77

If you try Qobuz and buy the lossless FLAC/WAV format, then you can additionally download the lossy 320kps AAC/MP3 version. This makes sense if you want the lossless FLAC/WAV for the HDD-Player plus the lossy 320kps AAC/MP3 for the Smartphone/Tablet - and you don't have to convert it by yourself ....

(Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, UK, Ireland)

That's why Qobuz has currently the best offer. If you buy a CD quality download (FLAC, AIFF, WAV, etc) you also get the AAC (iTunes) version and the MP3 (Google Play) version for the same price.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 11, 2015 13:58

* 02967 Pants-less Charlie

Date: June 11, 2015 15:34

keefriffhard4life

what gives you that idea?

No way that's a 1971 vintage Mick vocal.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 11, 2015 22:52

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 23:00

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers 2CD (Exclusive with vinyl) - Target Exclusive

You get a free copy by mail of original LP with purchase .

Here's a link if anybody is interested .

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: June 12, 2015 00:25

Slate.com article about Sticky Fingers
[www.slate.com]

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 12, 2015 01:21

Just got my Super-Dee-Duper from 'cross the pond (w/Cha-Cha cut-out)...ooh yeah!

Date: June 12, 2015 01:50

stonehearted
<<SF is #5 on UK's midweek chart (pre-sales, sunday and monday sales) with 4,500 copies sold. I hope it remains Top 10 by weekend.>>

But will the shared experience provided by a sales chart make it seem current and obscure the fact that they're just re-releasing old material, when we already re-purchased the 2009 remastering and haven't yet had the chance to wear out these newer, re-purchased CDs?

I could see it if it had a Plundered My Soul or two to offer, but it doesn't. So in the meantime, I'll just play the Virgin mixes, which sound better anyway, and if I want extras from the vaults I'll just do the tried and true old fashioned thing and support my local bootleggers....

Aah, you'll buy it and you know it.

Date: June 12, 2015 01:58

How many were in attendance at the Roundhouse compared to the Leeds University show? Anybody know?

Posted by: Randu ()
Date: June 12, 2015 03:15

Hi
Anyone know what the LTD # is on the 2-lp release?

Posted by: slowhand ()
Date: June 12, 2015 04:05

Irix
milio77

So I'm wanting the Superdeluxe edition but a digital download will do. Apart from 7digital FLAC, which I may get or not for listening at home, what about sound quality and bitrate at Google Play and iTunes for my iPod? Anybody knows if they are the same files or one is better than the other?

Better:

[www.7digital.com] or [www.qobuz.com] : 44.1kHz/16bit CD-Quality lossless FLAC files (on Qobuz in further lossless formats, e.g. WAV)

Good:

[itunes.apple.com] : 44.1kHz/256kbps lossy AAC format

Usable:

[play.google.com] or [www.amazon.co.uk] : 44.1kHz/320kbps lossy MP3 format

You can test the differences in Audio quality by yourself: buy a song (which you know very good) in lossless 88.2kHz/24bit HD-Quality (Shop-Overview) as well as of a known superb Mastering quality - then convert it by yourself with the appropriate Tools into lossy AAC / MP3 and listen to the difference ....

Lossless 16/44.1 flac files can be found in the U.S. at Pono for $25 and if you don't want the whole thing you can buy only what you want for even cheaper so if you only wanted the Leeds gig you can buy just that.
[www.ponomusic.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 04:06 by slowhand.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 12, 2015 04:15

I wonder how this doing sales wise. Could it make the top 10 in the USA?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 12, 2015 04:33

Bashlets

Better than I expected, #6 on UK midweeks and on track to sell around 32-35k in the States, it has a chance to make the Billboard Top 10.

Date: June 12, 2015 13:00

slowhand

Lossless 16/44.1 flac files can be found in the U.S. at Pono for $25 and if you don't want the whole thing you can buy only what you want for even cheaper so if you only wanted the Leeds gig you can buy just that. [www.ponomusic.com]

Thanks for this hint - it seems that you can buy all 13 tracks from Leeds completely on Ponomusic. It's interesting for those who want the CD3 only:

Screenshot from [www.ponomusic.com] .

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 12, 2015 13:04

Who's gonna post a selfie with their finger poking through the zip? >grinning smiley<

Date: June 12, 2015 13:43

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 12, 2015 15:26

so other than shelling out $179 @ best buy is there another option to get the reissue sticky fingers with the second CD and the LIVE AT LEEDS CD ?

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 12, 2015 15:49

TheGreek
so other than shelling out $179 @ best buy is there another option to get the reissue sticky fingers with the second CD and the LIVE AT LEEDS CD ?
ITunes. $20.

Date: June 12, 2015 16:00

DEmerson
TheGreek

ITunes. $20.

Or at [www.ponomusic.com] - and burn the files then onto a CD. Other Online-Stores: [www.iorr.org] .

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 12, 2015 17:09

georgelicks
Bashlets

Better than I expected, #6 on UK midweeks and on track to sell around 32-35k in the States, it has a chance to make the Billboard Top 10.

May Mick see this chart! >grinning smiley<
May he realize the release of this duty music actually enhance the prestige of the band and makes them more relevant in 2014 2015 2016 2017.

C'mon Mick give us MOAR!!! thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 12, 2015 17:10

Btw is there a final word on the origin of the DFlowers outtake?
I'd bet 2 cents it's a new Marquee rehearsal recording. The overall sound of the band is similar (imo).

Date: June 12, 2015 19:33

dcba
...I'd bet 2 cents it's a new Marquee rehearsal recording. The overall sound of the band is similar (imo).

Agreed - in addition to the vocal, the arrangement sounds much more like a modern reading of the song to me as well.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood your post - I thought you were saying it was a new recording, not a newly unearthed, vintage recording. Apologies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 22:20 by The Ghost Of Good taste.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 12, 2015 19:58

Zentgraf places Dead Flowers at Olympic Dec 9 10 and 18, 1969, well before Marquee.

Date: June 12, 2015 20:35

Quite the same on [www.stonessessions.com] , Page 17-18: 15 December 1969 Olympic Sound Studios, London, England - Dead Flowers (Alternate Version) (4.17)

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:27

Nikkei

[twitter.com]

Nice work ...................

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 13, 2015 00:07

No new songs. Just alternate takes or unedited (Bitch). This is the only weak point for the studio re-release.
Dead flowers alternate is a live studio song.

But 1st good point : the sound is perfect. The 2005 Toshiba CD I have was the best release for now. But it is over. The 2015 is even better.
2nd good point is the live act : Leeds 71 is an excellent show and the sound is of course better than the boots we had (refectory@university). Only Charlie had not the proper mics around him...
Roundhouse (we always named it live at the Marquee) show appears to be excellent (Taylor on Stray Cat Blues is brillant). And the bluray is out here june 22. 65 minutes. At last.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 13, 2015 00:10

I also thought Dead Flowers alternate could not be from the Marquee because the quality of performance is much higher than the Marquee. Jagger is hoarse and Keith is out to lunch.

Date: June 13, 2015 00:14

boston2006
Nikkei

[twitter.com]

Nice work ...................

who else but Matt...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home