Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 8/9 June
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 8, 2015 10:45

kowalski

Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe in CD quality (FLAC) for 25,99€ on Qobuz : [www.qobuz.com]

thumbs up Thanks for the hint - Qobuz has it hidden as 'normal' Album and it is at the moment not to find (at least in Germany) with the sort/filter setting 'Date: du plus récent au moins récent' - currently it's there on page 5 ....

(Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, UK, Ireland)

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 11:42

Anyone ordered from Amazon UK? Mines meant to arrive today but it doesn't say its out for delivery

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 11:44

philrock90
Anyone ordered from Amazon UK? Mines meant to arrive today but it doesn't say its out for delivery

they're a pretty reputable outfit, i've heard good things. should be OK.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 8, 2015 12:30

philrock90

Is it the infamous Superdeluxe for 9 GBP?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 8, 2015 13:00

ironbelly
philrock90

Hello,

We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.

Delivery Information

Sticky Fingers
Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

£11.18

Item Subtotal: £9.16
Postage & Packing: £3.12
Total before VAT: £12.28
VAT: £2.70
Total: £14.98

thumbs up

C

Date: June 8, 2015 13:01

Lucky bastard! smileys with beer

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 8, 2015 13:08

DandelionPowderman
Lucky bastard! smileys with beer

>grinning smiley<

C

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 8, 2015 13:08

Me too! You can't beat Amazon!

£10.99
Postage & Packing: £0.00
Total before VAT: £9.16
VAT: £1.83
Total: £10.99
Paid by Amex: £10.99

Delivered Sunday too, a day before official release!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 8, 2015 13:15

my parcel from amazon UK is on the way – £57,60 for 3x Super deluxe + 2x deluxe… (postage for Germany included!)

Date: June 8, 2015 14:12

I paid full price for mine

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 8, 2015 14:14

philrock90
I paid full price for mine

me too and worth every cent.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 8, 2015 14:49

So far I have only downloaded a pirate copy of this release. I dunno ... I'll probably buy it eventually, but I've already had the SF album for decades, they put nearly all the bonus tracks on youtube, I can't afford (don't wanna pay for) the Super Deluxe edition (which is the only way to get the Leeds show) ...

Anyway, the bonus tracks are good for the most part, Roundhouse tracks are fantastic (why didn't they release the whole show, for heaven's sake?) and Leeds is great too.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 8, 2015 14:59

flairville
Me too! You can't beat Amazon!

£10.99
Postage & Packing: £0.00
Total before VAT: £9.16
VAT: £1.83
Total: £10.99
Paid by Amex: £10.99

Delivered Sunday too, a day before official release!
And me,all the way to Australia!
Many thanks to Slewan for the heads-up.

Item(s) Subtotal: £9.16
Postage & Packing: £3.58
  -----
Total Before VAT: £12.74
VAT: £0.00
  -----
Total: £12.74
  -----
Grand Total: £12.74

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 15:11 by bonddm.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 8, 2015 15:42

liddas
ironbelly
philrock90

Hello,

We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.

Delivery Information

Sticky Fingers
Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

£11.18

Postage & Packing: £3.12
Total before VAT: £12.28
VAT: £2.70
Total: £14.98

thumbs up

C

mine's the same, sans VAT! I also grabbed a couple of the double vinyls.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: June 8, 2015 19:02

philrock90

Mine is 'out for delivery'

Date: June 8, 2015 19:19

I got mine

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: June 8, 2015 20:07

Available on iTunes now, just downloaded. Great live performances, and good to have some of those unreleased tracks in better quality.

On further listening to the live tracks, I have noticed that sometimes the engineer has reduced the high frequencies of MT's guitar in places (e.g. the first couple of verses of Stray Cat Blues roundhouse version), possibly with Keith also. I think this perhaps was done to make some guitars recede into the background more and not intrude too much in the song. The drums and vocals sound crisp and clear. A reasonable mix for the live stuff, but I wish the guitars had been crisp and clear and more care had been taken to allow all the instruments to be heard clearly.

Also the mastering is too loud but we'll never get away from this. It's quite a modern mix really. And there's the added digital echo to the instruments.

A shame really. The mix could have been so much better.

I'm not faulting the band, and it's great that we have the concerts released now, but the mix could have been better.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 20:10 by WeLoveYou.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: June 8, 2015 20:21

philrock90
I got mine

Me too!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 9, 2015 00:53

Irix
kowalski

Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe in CD quality (FLAC) for 25,99€ on Qobuz : [www.qobuz.com]

thumbs up Thanks for the hint - Qobuz has it hidden as 'normal' Album and it is at the moment not to find (at least in Germany) with the sort/filter setting 'Date: du plus récent au moins récent' - currently it's there on page 5 ....

(Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, UK, Ireland)

It's on Qobuz Germany too : [www.qobuz.com]

And on Qobuz UK as well : [www.qobuz.com] (but a little more expensive)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 00:55 by kowalski.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 9, 2015 02:39

Keith Richards reflects on 'Sticky Fingers'

(Photo: Joa Sia, Bill Graham Archives)

Brian Mansfield, USA TODAY
June 8, 2015

The Rolling Stones released Sticky Fingers in 1971, but the classic album began a year and a half before in a small Alabama town.

The Stones started recording Sticky Fingers, which is being reissued Tuesday, in early December 1969 at Muscle Shoals Sound Studios in Sheffield, Ala. At the time, the Muscle Shoals region was developing a reputation for producing great R&B and rock records by artists such as Aretha Franklin, Joe Tex and Wilson Pickett.

"A lot of good music was coming out of there," guitarist Keith Richards says. "Every record, you'd say, 'Where was that recorded?' It would turn out to be Muscle Shoals. We took a little week off and said, 'We've got to try this room out.'"

The Stones cut three songs in Sheffield: Wild Horses; You Gotta Move, by bluesman Mississippi Fred McDowell; and Brown Sugar, a song the band debuted the following Saturday at the infamous concert at Altamont Speedway where four people died. The Stones completed the album over the next year and a half at London's Olympic Studios and at Mick Jagger's countryside English home using a mobile unit.

Sticky Fingers was the first Stones album without guitarist Brian Jones, who was dismissed from the band in June 1969 and drowned several days later. It was also the first on which Mick Taylor, who played guitar for the group until 1974, appeared throughout. Richards and Taylor developed a syncopated two-guitar give-and-take that Richards calls "the ancient form of weaving," a style that has become a distinctive part of the band's sound.

On songs like Brown Sugar, Bitch and Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Richards says, "I'm bouncing a lot off (drummer) Charlie Watts. Then, at certain points, Mick and I will swap roles."

Richards now has the same kind of interaction with Ronnie Wood, who joined the group after Taylor's departure. "We swap between rhythm and lead," Richards says. "You do it instinctively. You just look at each other and turn. That's the way it is with the guitars. You can't really tell who's doing what."

Richards isn't credited on the recording of Moonlight Mile, Sticky Fingers' final song and one shaping up to be a regular part of the Zip Code Tour set. "I always wished I was on it," he says. "I've found myself a little niche in it for the stage."

The new reissue includes alternate takes of Brown Sugar, Bitch, Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Dead Flowers, as well as an acoustic mix of Wild Horses emphasizes the open-tuned 12-string guitar Richards played on the song. "You get these resonations and harmonics going on with the 12-string," he says. "It's quite a powerful machine, especially if you use slide on it. There's that lovely octave split between the strings."

The deluxe Sticky Fingers also has alternate versions of Bitch, Dead Flowers and Can't You Hear Me Knocking, along with five live performances from The Roundhouse in London. A super-deluxe configuration also features a 13-song live recording of a March 1971 concert at Leeds University and a DVD with video of a pair of performances two weeks later at London's Marquee Club, the group's final performance before going into tax exile in France.

Unlike recent Stones reissues of 1972's Exile on Main Street and 1978's Some Girls, the Sticky Fingers project doesn't unearth songs the band left unfinished. Richards says there was a good reason: "The stuff from Sticky Fingers that didn't get on there spilled over onto Exile when we cut that a year later."

[www.usatoday.com]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 9, 2015 03:44

Unboxing SF Super Deluxe (with pants off)

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:27

bye bye johnny
Keith Richards reflects on 'Sticky Fingers'

(Photo: Joa Sia, Bill Graham Archives)

Brian Mansfield, USA TODAY
June 8, 2015

The Rolling Stones released Sticky Fingers in 1971, but the classic album began a year and a half before in a small Alabama town.

The Stones started recording Sticky Fingers, which is being reissued Tuesday, in early December 1969 at Muscle Shoals Sound Studios in Sheffield, Ala. At the time, the Muscle Shoals region was developing a reputation for producing great R&B and rock records by artists such as Aretha Franklin, Joe Tex and Wilson Pickett.

"A lot of good music was coming out of there," guitarist Keith Richards says. "Every record, you'd say, 'Where was that recorded?' It would turn out to be Muscle Shoals. We took a little week off and said, 'We've got to try this room out.'"

The Stones cut three songs in Sheffield: Wild Horses; You Gotta Move, by bluesman Mississippi Fred McDowell; and Brown Sugar, a song the band debuted the following Saturday at the infamous concert at Altamont Speedway where four people died. The Stones completed the album over the next year and a half at London's Olympic Studios and at Mick Jagger's countryside English home using a mobile unit.

Sticky Fingers was the first Stones album without guitarist Brian Jones, who was dismissed from the band in June 1969 and drowned several days later. It was also the first on which Mick Taylor, who played guitar for the group until 1974, appeared throughout. Richards and Taylor developed a syncopated two-guitar give-and-take that Richards calls "the ancient form of weaving," a style that has become a distinctive part of the band's sound.

On songs like Brown Sugar, Bitch and Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Richards says, "I'm bouncing a lot off (drummer) Charlie Watts. Then, at certain points, Mick and I will swap roles."

Richards now has the same kind of interaction with Ronnie Wood, who joined the group after Taylor's departure. "We swap between rhythm and lead," Richards says. "You do it instinctively. You just look at each other and turn. That's the way it is with the guitars. You can't really tell who's doing what."

Richards isn't credited on the recording of Moonlight Mile, Sticky Fingers' final song and one shaping up to be a regular part of the Zip Code Tour set. "I always wished I was on it," he says. "I've found myself a little niche in it for the stage."

The new reissue includes alternate takes of Brown Sugar, Bitch, Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Dead Flowers, as well as an acoustic mix of Wild Horses emphasizes the open-tuned 12-string guitar Richards played on the song. "You get these resonations and harmonics going on with the 12-string," he says. "It's quite a powerful machine, especially if you use slide on it. There's that lovely octave split between the strings."

The deluxe Sticky Fingers also has alternate versions of Bitch, Dead Flowers and Can't You Hear Me Knocking, along with five live performances from The Roundhouse in London. A super-deluxe configuration also features a 13-song live recording of a March 1971 concert at Leeds University and a DVD with video of a pair of performances two weeks later at London's Marquee Club, the group's final performance before going into tax exile in France.

Unlike recent Stones reissues of 1972's Exile on Main Street and 1978's Some Girls, the Sticky Fingers project doesn't unearth songs the band left unfinished. Richards says there was a good reason: "The stuff from Sticky Fingers that didn't get on there spilled over onto Exile when we cut that a year later."

[www.usatoday.com]-
stones-sticky-fingers-reissue-keith-richards/28480505/4ql080615

Lazy ass journalist. Brian & Keith started the ancient art of weaving. And Brian didn't die several days after being dismissed. And yes, Keith, you can tell the difference between who is playing lead. Ronnie is much more fluid and Keith doesn't play slide on stage anymore.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:37

Sticky Fingers deluxe is already #2 on the Amazon album chart a day before it's release.
[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 04:38 by James Kirk.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 9, 2015 05:48

Sticky Fingers is out this week! sf.lnk.to/2015
#StickyStones Post a selfie with the album to win swag!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: June 9, 2015 06:51

Thanks that was great!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 9, 2015 08:16

Amazon UK are supposed to be delivering mine today.

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: June 9, 2015 15:37

Thanks for the hint. Thats what 7digital told me too.I tried several times to download all three CDS at once and failed several times.although I downloaded it via differnet Internet Providers and used different (un)zip software tools. I finally downloaded every song separately and I succeeded ;-)
So all I can say is the music on CD 2 and 3 is spectacular and fine sounding and so is worth the money, which is only EURO 32,00.
But please buy the FLAC-Version for full sound enjoyment and not the ridiculous compressed and thin sounding mp3 files from e.g. Amazon.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 17:53

Other than Amazon, can you go to store( i.e. Best Buy) and get it???

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: June 9, 2015 18:26

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 9, 2015 18:27

SF is #5 on UK's midweek chart (pre-sales, sunday and monday sales) with 4,500 copies sold. I hope it remains Top 10 by weekend.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home