Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 25 May
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:16

So no unreleased tracks...hum, they really can't be bothered these days can they! Well at least I won't be tempted to spend any money on this.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:17

Amazon UK is selling the deluxe vinyl for £14.99

Posted by: AntoineParis ()

Wahoo Roundhouse and Cyhmk alternatesmileys with beer

Posted by: cowboytoast ()

"the acoustic take' sounds like all they did was strip the background vocals and electric guitars off thge master - "leeds" without the tape hiss will be nice i suppose...

Date: March 31, 2015 16:18

"the acoustic take' sounds like all they did was strip the background vocals and electric guitars off the master - "leeds" without the tape hiss will be nice i suppose...

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:20

cowboytoast
"the acoustic take' sounds like all they did was strip the background vocals and electric guitars off the master - "leeds" without the tape hiss will be nice i suppose...
Stripped deja vu? it was released as a single back then. they did bother to rerecord it though.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:22

Sounds good I expected much worse...
And we now know Glyn Johns taped the Roundhouse show(s) with the Mobile! thumbs up
Maybe one day the gigs will see the light...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:23

Only 2 tracks from the Marquee filmed concert then?
Maybe a fuller set at some time in the future.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:24

Looks like its the Super Deluxe edition for me!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:25

treaclefingers
HEY, in an homage to me they're releasing the Spanish cover version as a double album!

Deluxe Double LP Set – Limited Edition Spanish Cover (e-commerce only)

Remastered album and bonus tracks featuring previously unreleased alternate takes and live performances on two black heavyweight vinyls.

Housed in an outer wallet with Spanish cover.

congratulations, treaclefingers!

what an album. two great covers.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:25

amazon UK has the 2CD as well a the 3CD version for 10.99 each. Most likely a mistake that will soon be corrected => order fast with price guarantee !!

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:26

dcba
And we now know Glyn Johns taped the Roundhouse show(s) with the Mobile!

Yes, beside that I would have prefered 5 more outtakes than 5 live tracks on this disc, but as you said, could had been worse.
Less work apparently has been done on this release than on the Exile and Some Girls reissues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 16:28 by mitch.

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:27

Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe Edition Boxset
£99.99
[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

Remastered album and bonus CD featuring previously unreleased alternate takes and live performances. Plus ‘Get Yer Leeds Lungs Out’ CD, a DVD featuring 2 tracks from ‘Live At The Marquee’ and 7” vinyl with Brown Sugar and Wild Horses. All housed in a presentation box with hardback book complete with real zip. Plus print, poster, 4 postcard set and mini replica of band cut out. The carefully put together 120 page limited edition book recounts the making of this classic Stones album with an extensive essay by Nick Kent, embellished with previously unpublished images of the band and lavishly illustrated with metallic gold ink throughout.

Tracks
CD 1
1 Brown Sugar
2 Sway
3 Wild Horses
4 Can't You Hear Me Knocking
5 You Gotta Move
6 Bitch
7 I Got The Blues
8 Sister Morphine
9 Dead Flowers
10 Moonlight Mile

Tracks
CD 2
1 Brown Sugar (Alternate Version with Eric Clapton)
2 Wild Horses (Acoustic Version)
3 Can't You Hear Me Knocking (Alternate Version)
4 Bitch (Extended Version)
5 Dead Flowers (Alternate Version)
6 Live With Me (Live At The Roundhouse, 1971)
7 Stray Cat Blues (Live At The Roundhouse, 1971)
8 Love In Vain (Live At The Roundhouse, 1971)
9 Midnight Rambler (Live At The Roundhouse, 1971)
10 Honky Tonk Women (Live The Roundhouse, 1971)

Tracks
CD 3
1 Jumpin Jack Flash (Live At Leeds University , 1971)
2 Live With Me (Live At Leeds University , 1971)
3 Dead Flowers (Live At Leeds University , 1971)
4 Stray Cat Blues (Live At Leeds University , 1971)
5 Love In Vain (Live At Leeds University , 1971)
6 Midnight Rambler (Live At Leeds University , 1971)
7 Bitch (Live At Leeds University , 1971)
8 Honky Tonk Women (Live At Leeds University , 1971)
9 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (Live At Leeds University , 1971)
10 Little Queenie (Live At Leeds University , 1971)
11 Brown Sugar (Live At Leeds University , 1971)
12 Street Fighting Man (Live At Leeds University , 1971)
13 Let It Rock (Live At Leeds University , 1971)

Tracks
DVD 1
1 Midnight Rambler (Live At The Marquee, 1971)
2 Bitch (Live At The Marquee, 1971)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 16:38 by claudine.

Date: March 31, 2015 16:28

slewan
amazon UK has the 2CD as well a the 3CD version for 10.99 each. Most likely a mistake that will soon be corrected => order fast with price guarantee !!

Can't see them, link please !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:29

gotdablouse
slewan

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:31

€6 for a cardboard cutout eye rolling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:34

Bastion
gotdablouse
slewan

[www.amazon.co.uk]

thx, ordered the double vinyl as well!

Date: March 31, 2015 16:36

at the very least they could've stuck "Travelin' Man" on there - maybe they do have some grand scheme to release some sort of 'Anthology" project at some point - or maybe they just don't feel like screwing with it -

Date: March 31, 2015 16:37

Bastion
gotdablouse
slewan

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Thanks, can't see that 3CD set here [store.digitalstores.co.uk] oddly enough

It does say in the description "Remastered album and bonus CD featuring previously unreleased alternate takes and live performances. Plus ‘Get Yer Leeds Lungs Out’ CD, a DVD featuring 2 tracks from ‘Live At The Marquee’ and 7” vinyl with Brown Sugar and Wild Horses. All housed in a presentation box with hardback book complete with real zip. Plus print, poster, 4 postcard set and mini replica of band cut out. "

Can't be the full Deluxe can it ?! Oh well, order placed, we'll see what happens, thanks for the tip ;-)

--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 16:41 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:39

A DVD with just two songs?!? How cute. I wonder how less expensive the package would have been without those two songs.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:40

Some great stuff there. But I wish they would release the complete Roundhouse and Marquee. Judging by the performance heard on boots, there's no reason why Leeds should be released more than Roundhouse. And I suspect they thought the performance and/or filming of the Marquee gig was dodgy, but IMHO it's quite a nice show that deserves a warts-and-all release.

Pretty cool with a complete (probably!) stereo release of Leeds. If the sound quality on the live tracks is on par with Brussels '73 and Texas '78, it'll be awesome.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 17:02 by LieB.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:41

gotdablouse
Bastion
gotdablouse
slewan

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Thanks, can't see that 3CD set here [store.digitalstores.co.uk] oddly enough

Yeah, found that strange myself but ordered straight away anyway. It's just what I wanted - the 'bonus' disc and the Leeds' disc. Wonder WHEN (or IF) they will 'correct' that price in coming hours or maybe it's just a trick to squeeze us all just today!

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:43

The best news for me is that we get the entire Leeds concert with the 1st 2 tracks intact! I would assume that this means it is from the multi-track masters and will be in stereo like the officially released "Let It Rock". This was always one of my favorite boots, now it's complete and in stereo!

Yess!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:43

Agreed 100% about the Leeds vs Roundhouse balance... Maybe theu had a problem with the tapes?
Maybe VJames knows something?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:46

Great find! Thanks so much for sharing. I just ordered! However, I am unable to find the Super Deluxe edition? Where was that listed for 99 pounds? I looked on Amazon/UK and only the deluxe for 10.99.

Date: March 31, 2015 16:48

whitem8
Great find! Thanks so much for sharing. I just ordered! However, I am unable to find the Super Deluxe edition? Where was that listed for 99 pounds? I looked on Amazon/UK and only the deluxe for 10.99.

don't search for Super Deluxe – just read the descriptions of the items carefully and you'll find out which edition is the Super Deluxe edition…

by the way – I guess all IORR members owe my thousands for that find! ;-) (and amazon will hate me for years)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 16:49 by slewan.

Date: March 31, 2015 16:51

the fiesta is over - Amazon changed the price to £ 72,99.
hope lots of you ordered for 10.90

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:54

slewan
whitem8

don't search for Super Deluxe – just read the descriptions of the items carefully and you'll find out which edition is the Super Deluxe edition…

by the way – I guess all IORR members owe my thousands for that find! ;-) (and amazon will hate me for years)

Ordered!

Still, something must be wrong, because the Super Deluxe should be more than 3 discs, and the De Luxe does not have Leeds ... If I have to bet my money, I'd say I will receive the deluxe with apologies!

C

Date: March 31, 2015 16:56

Just checked my order and it does link to the £72.99 version, nice and thanks again for the tip!

--------------

Date: March 31, 2015 16:58

liddas
slewan
whitem8

Ordered!

Still, something must be wrong, because the Super Deluxe should be more than 3 discs, and the De Luxe does not have Leeds ... If I have to bet my money, I'd say I will receive the deluxe with apologies!

C

read the descriptions – 3 CDs + DVD plus 7´´Single = 5 discs (why should amazon be able to count when they are not clever enough to calculate their prices?)
btw: it reminds me a little bit of the release of Ryan Adams' release of the Live After Deaf concerts – for a few hours the price for the download of a single show and all 15 shows was the same (10 Euros)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 17:00 by slewan.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home