Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 58
Will this be on ethe Sticky Fingers Deluxe LP?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:51

They're smoking hot on this one!

Re: Will this be on ethe Sticky Fingers Deluxe LP?
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:53

Fantastic - thanks for posting!!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 25, 2014 10:32

Will there BE a Sticky Fingers deluxe LP??

Date: October 25, 2014 11:07

bitusa2012
Will there BE a Sticky Fingers deluxe LP??

According to Mick that is likely, yes smiling smiley

The David Fricke-interview...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-25 11:07 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: October 25, 2014 11:08

71Tele

They're smoking hot on this one!

Agree Tele - maybe they should just put out -'The Trident Mixes' that would cut to the chase.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 25, 2014 11:26

This one and Potted Shrimp rocks hard! I'm going down is another.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 25, 2014 17:02

They were hot,yeah. But we all know this stuff for ages.Really great would be a 71 British gig. But sadly won't happen.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: October 25, 2014 20:05

Travelin' Man is a must! But I think this deluxe edition could be kind of tough - the pickings might be a bit slim.

I wouldn't mind some of these also:

Fast Talking, Slow Walking
Key To The Highway
32-20 Blues
Criss Cross Man
Potted Shrimp
Leather Jacket
Who Am I

Date: October 25, 2014 20:12

Criss Cross Mind is from GHS?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 6, 2014 03:59

In French magazine Rock & Folk from December there's an interview of Don Was. Basically he says he's been working on a Sticky Fingers reissue for March 2015. But because most of the outtakes have been used either on Exile on Main St. or Tattoo You (or even for the Exile bonus tracks in 2010) there's not much material left...

Edit : corrected May for March.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-06 13:44 by kowalski.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 6, 2014 05:23

I don't buy that there isn't a lot of material. For one make it a legitimate deluxe release and include the Mono album. An entire show from the Farewell tour. And then alternate takes, and a few unreleased songs that are left. Right there is a great release!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-06 05:24 by whitem8.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 6, 2014 05:48

kowalski
In French magazine Rock & Folk from December there's an interview of Don Was. Basically he says he's been working on a Sticky Fingers reissue for May 2015. But because most of the outtakes have been used either on Exile on Main St. or Tattoo You (or even for the Exile bonus tracks in 2010) there's not much material left...

I read that interview, but it seems to me (I don't speak french, so I may be wrong) that Don says the Sticky Fingers reissue is scheduled for March 2015, isn't it?

Here's the original quote in french: "On est supposés travailler sur la réédition de Sticky Fingers, prévue pour mars 2015 mais, le souci, c'est que les chansons écartées ont fini sur Exile on Main St".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-06 05:54 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 6, 2014 06:11

Cristiano Radtke
kowalski
In French magazine Rock & Folk from December there's an interview of Don Was. Basically he says he's been working on a Sticky Fingers reissue for May 2015. But because most of the outtakes have been used either on Exile on Main St. or Tattoo You (or even for the Exile bonus tracks in 2010) there's not much material left...

I read that interview, but it seems to me (I don't speak french, so I may be wrong) that Don says the Sticky Fingers reissue is scheduled for March 2015, isn't it?

Here's the original quote in french: "On est supposés travailler sur la réédition de Sticky Fingers, prévue pour mars 2015 mais, le souci, c'est que les chansons écartées ont fini sur Exile on Main St".

You're right (I wrote by memory). It's March 2015.

Re: 'Sticky Fingers' reissue in 2015?
Posted by: gimmedanger ()
Date: December 6, 2014 07:22

Would we even get an official release of Potted Shrimp considering it's been bootlegged? Isn't there a quote from Mick saying that they've tried to release material that hasn't been bootlegged?

I just don't understand the logic regarding these reissues. It would be amazing to have properly mixed and mastered versions of the songs that have been kicking about on worn out vinyl records and cds for decades. If Mick feels that he must add lyrics, melodies etc to existing takes then he should include both the original and the updated version - heck, he could make a new album like they did with Tattoo You. To me, adding vocals to the material from the Exile sessions is like going back an old painting and going over it with a bunch of felt tip pens. He does not and will not ever sound like he did when they record EoMS if that was his intention.

These reissues feel like cash grabs although I will still begrudgingly buy them. If they're going to open the vaults why not do it properly? A well thought out accompanying booklet with stereo/mono versions of the album and a disc (or several) of chronological outtakes, demos and alternative versions from the recording sessions for that album. Throw in the b-sides, radio edits and videos (and audio from them) and you have a release that I would gladly pay good money for.

I went into JB HiFi the other day and spotted one of those new Led Zeppelin reissues (Houses Of The Holy). It was a hefty package that probably cost an arm and a leg but why can't the Stones do something like that? I can't really comment on the material that was featured but we need something like to celebrate all these fantastic albums. Hell, they could even do a 7" sort of package like the Raw Power Deluxe Edition from a few years obviously minus the post cards.

Now where is the end of the queue to volunteer to take on this mammoth task?? grinning smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 6, 2014 07:34

Such a great record deserves a re-issue regardless of whether there is any new material. But, get rid of Don Was and hire Bob Clearmountain to remix the thing, provide some high-res digital stereo and 5.1 mixes, some new stories, interviews, photos and artwork.

Yeah keep the zipper but somehow add a bunch of the artwork that didn't make the final cut. Those photo's of the band on that record were so damn cool I think they influenced people almost as much as the music.

Probably my favorite Stones record of all time, just friggin' love it. peace

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 6, 2014 07:42

Naturalust
Such a great record deserves a re-issue regardless of whether there is any new material. But, get rid of Don Was and hire Bob Clearmountain to remix the thing, provide some high-res digital stereo and 5.1 mixes, some new stories, interviews, photos and artwork.

Yeah keep the zipper but somehow add a bunch of the artwork that didn't make the final cut. Those photo's of the band on that record were so damn cool I think they influenced people almost as much as the music.

Probably my favorite Stones record of all time, just friggin' love it. peace

To me, it would be great if one of the concerts from the 1971 Tour were included. I remember reading (on Bill's book, maybe - can't remember right now from memory) that 4 or 5 of that concerts were recorded.

And you're right - those pics of the band are damn cool indeed. This link was posted here on another thread, but I think it's worth to post it here: [issuu.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 6, 2014 09:09

It's ridiculous to leave off bootlegged cuts. A very few collectors have them, and in what quality? The new LA Forum DVD makes me slack jawed to finally properly see and hear what I've had on a dubious boot for years.

I thought Jagger did a great job recapturing that Exile spirit on Plundered My Soul, though it is a close cousin to Tumbling Dice.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 6, 2014 10:48

kowalski

That's interesting cos that means Was is ordered by Jagger to find new songs, not to come with alt. versions of the SF tracks.
Imo that'sa shame... I wouldn't lind listening to alt takes of CYHMK or Brown Sugar I II or III.

Looks like Jagger doesn't want us to enjoy this.

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: December 6, 2014 12:54

Can you image Potted Shrimp with related vocals?! (yes, I know, it's a working title....)

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 6, 2014 13:45

dcba
kowalski

That's interesting cos that means Was is ordered by Jagger to find new songs, not to come with alt. versions of the SF tracks.
Imo that'sa shame... I wouldn't lind listening to alt takes of CYHMK or Brown Sugar I II or III.

Originally Was stated there were years of vault material. Including Potted Shrimp, Travellin' Man, Blood Red Wine etc. there seems to be ample for SF!! Alt. version of BS.....

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 6, 2014 14:28

Maindefender

Originally Was stated there were years of vault material. Including Potted Shrimp, Travellin' Man, Blood Red Wine etc. there seems to be ample for SF!! Alt. version of BS.....

You're right that's weird... Personally I wouldn't mind getting a 6-cd box, with an entire disc of the Dec. 69 Muscle Shoals sessions with false starts and studio talks. Just for the late great Jim Dickinson.

But it won't happen as long as Jagger's at the helm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-06 14:48 by dcba.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 6, 2014 15:12

kowalski
In French magazine Rock & Folk from December there's an interview of Don Was. Basically he says he's been working on a Sticky Fingers reissue for March 2015. But because most of the outtakes have been used either on Exile on Main St. or Tattoo You (or even for the Exile bonus tracks in 2010) there's not much material left...

Mr. Was don't worry! You don't have to search more, here's a great tracklist for SF reissue:

- Travellin man
- Hillside Blues
- Co.cksuker Blues
- Criss Cross Man
- Trident Jam
- You should have seen her ass
- Highway Child
- Brown sugar (with Eric Clapton)
- Living in the heart of Love
- Fast Talking, Slow Walkin

- Potted Shrimp

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 6, 2014 15:36

I'd really like to see Catfish Blues (aka Two Trains or Still A Fool).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-06 23:43 by shadooby.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 6, 2014 15:57

dcba
kowalski

yeah that seems to be his motivation...he'd like for us to hate it, LOATHE IT.

Posted by: footlooseman ()
Date: December 6, 2014 20:29

KRiffhard
kowalski

Mr. Was don't worry! You don't have to search more, here's a great tracklist for SF reissue:

- Travellin man
- Hillside Blues
- Co.cksuker Blues
- Criss Cross Man
- Trident Jam
- Highway Child
- Brown sugar (with Eric Clapton)
- Living in the heart of Love
- Fast Talking, Slow Walkin

- Potted Shrimp

excellent!! throw in a dvd also

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2014 23:19

Yeah!!! ...hope it comes with lyrics tooooooooo....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 7, 2014 00:53

gimmedanger
Would we even get an official release of Potted Shrimp considering it's been bootlegged? Isn't there a quote from Mick saying that they've tried to release material that hasn't been bootlegged?

I just don't understand the logic regarding these reissues. It would be amazing to have properly mixed and mastered versions of the songs that have been kicking about on worn out vinyl records and cds for decades. If Mick feels that he must add lyrics, melodies etc to existing takes then he should include both the original and the updated version - heck, he could make a new album like they did with Tattoo You. To me, adding vocals to the material from the Exile sessions is like going back an old painting and going over it with a bunch of felt tip pens. He does not and will not ever sound like he did when they record EoMS if that was his intention.

These reissues feel like cash grabs although I will still begrudgingly buy them. If they're going to open the vaults why not do it properly? A well thought out accompanying booklet with stereo/mono versions of the album and a disc (or several) of chronological outtakes, demos and alternative versions from the recording sessions for that album. Throw in the b-sides, radio edits and videos (and audio from them) and you have a release that I would gladly pay good money for.

I went into JB HiFi the other day and spotted one of those new Led Zeppelin reissues (Houses Of The Holy). It was a hefty package that probably cost an arm and a leg but why can't the Stones do something like that? I can't really comment on the material that was featured but we need something like to celebrate all these fantastic albums. Hell, they could even do a 7" sort of package like the Raw Power Deluxe Edition from a few years obviously minus the post cards.

Now where is the end of the queue to volunteer to take on this mammoth task?? grinning smiley

Mick said that for EOMS there wasn't a lot of extra tracks. I think that's bullshit considering that he was going as far back as the LIB sessions to include songs for EOMS. And as far as SF goes everyone knows there are plenty of leftovers. The thing Jagger doesn't seem to get is no one gives a shit if they aren't "finished"!

Regarding Led Zeppelin, the simple two disc CD reissue is outstanding. And the second disc, regardless of what some people here carp about, is awesome on every reissue (LZ 1 is a live album).

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: December 7, 2014 03:17

I like how "Pet Sounds" and "The SMiLE Sessions" were done.
Something along those lines, and also with (deluxe version incl a) audio of Live gig and DVD would be perfect!

Posted by: gimmedanger ()
Date: December 7, 2014 05:13

GasLightStreet
gimmedanger

Mick said that for EOMS there wasn't a lot of extra tracks. I think that's bullshit considering that he was going as far back as the LIB sessions to include songs for EOMS. And as far as SF goes everyone knows there are plenty of leftovers. The thing Jagger doesn't seem to get is no one gives a shit if they aren't "finished"!

Regarding Led Zeppelin, the simple two disc CD reissue is outstanding. And the second disc, regardless of what some people here carp about, is awesome on every reissue (LZ 1 is a live album).

Is there any truth in the claims that Mick has destoyed outtakes in the past (Wild Horses) or is that just conjecture?

Ha, very true! I'd rather hear a solely instrumental take of a song instead of one that included 'new vocals and lyrics'. I wonder if there were ever any a capella takes recorded? What I wouldn't be opposed to is the combining of an old instrumental take with an old a capella take - at least that way it would sound more like the original material instead of Mick trying to sound like he's 28 again.

I would love it if they ever did something like the Stooges did with their Funhouse album - every (so they claim) take of the songs recorded in the run up to the completion of the album.

I think it would be much better for them to supervise these reissues themselves as it could turn into a right hatchet job (a la Experience Hendrix) when they all go. Also, I really can't see the demand for deluxe physical releases carrying on once the bulk of their older fanbase have passed. I'm 25 and I hardly ever buy physical cd releases now - if the material can be found on an online music store and the physical release doesn't contain anything interesting then I just download it. In fact, I've never even bought a physical cd by the Stones! I've bought several dvds in the past but most of their albums I downloaded from online stores.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 7, 2014 12:53

gimmedanger
I think it would be much better for them to supervise these reissues themselves as it could turn into a right hatchet job (a la Experience Hendrix) when they all go.

As much as I want the Stones to stick around forever, and involve themselves in vaults releases and reissues, they really seem to need some help from someone really geeky to do the job properly. I wouldn't mind if Bill Wyman took care of it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home