Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' reissue in December?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 17, 2013 23:34

bluesinc.
let´s be serious. we don´t know anything. so we have to wait, what will be announced. Full stop.

Expect a DVD of the Marquee show to be a part of it.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: August 18, 2013 00:49

Top of the pops brown sugar 1971 bonus, cool jagger vocal

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 18, 2013 03:23

treaclefingers
stonehearted
Gazza
Munichhilton
stonehearted
If there are SF overdubs for bonus material, it is doubtful that Wyman will be invited this time.

If there had been a band photo on the original album sleeve and they were doing a deluxe remastering and reissue, I'd bet a pound to the penny that Bill would have been airbrushed out of the image.

It would be one less willy on the cover and liner...I'm all for it...

Looking at the inside cover, it should be a far easier job than the 'Rarities' cover this time. Although they might have to doctor it in a way to get Mick Taylor's left leg included instead of Wyman's right one.

They could just do a cut and paste from this one, then colorize it:

I didn't realize Wyman was so tiny. Maybe he needs to 'perk up'?

They're all just wee little fellers. I'm only 5' 10-1/2" and I seem to remember having to look down at Mick Taylor when I was having him sign an album for me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 03:27 by tatters.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 18, 2013 03:31

They're all just wee little fellers. I'm only 5' 10-1/2" and I seem to remember having to look down at Mick Taylor when I was having him sign an album for me.

I always thought Mick T was the tall one..about 6 ft. Isn't that what Mick J said?

Date: August 18, 2013 03:34

latebloomer

I always thought Mick T was the tall one..about 6 ft. Isn't that what Mick J said?

When MT quit, MJ said something like, "I guess we'll just have to find ourselves another 6' 3" blond guitarist."

Date: August 18, 2013 03:40

tatters
latebloomer

When MT quit, MJ said something like, "I guess we'll just have to find ourselves another 6' 3" blond guitarist."

So either Jagger was exaggerating or Taylor has shrunk...or maybe you're taller than you think?

Date: August 18, 2013 03:42

latebloomer
tatters
latebloomer

So either Jagger was exaggerating or Taylor has shrunk...or maybe you're taller than you think?

Or Maybe Taylor was 6' 3" when he was wearing these? It was the 70s after all ....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 03:49 by tatters.

Date: August 18, 2013 03:48

tatters
latebloomer
tatters
latebloomer

Or Maybe Taylor was 6' 3" when he was wearing these?

Nice shoes, Tatters. Hope your pants matched.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 18, 2013 04:03

tatters
latebloomer

He better did, but got Ronnie, a dark shortiem instead. Too bad.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 18, 2013 04:17

No source cited, but a post @ Shidoobee claims there'll be a DVD that includes both the Marquee '71 show and the Montreux rehearsals from 1972.

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

Date: August 18, 2013 04:48

bye bye johnny
No source cited, but a post @ Shidoobee claims there'll be a DVD that includes both the Marquee '71 show and the Montreux rehearsals from 1972.

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

Like I mentioned above, the Marquee show will indeed be on it as far as I'm aware.

First I've heard about the Montreux rehearsals which would be a strange choice as they were already released on the Ladies and Gentlemen DVD, plus as its from 72 and they mostly include Exile songs being rehearsed for a tour that took place a year later, it would make no historical sense.

It would be nice if the 'lost' 22.4.71 Top of the Pops performance turned up. Dont expect it to, unless the Stones managed to get a copy for THEIR archive before the BBC wiped it from their own (the 15.4.71 broadcast which included Brown Sugar is erased too - the performance of Brown Sugar which was aired that night actually comes from a Christmas Day TOTP special where the clip was re-run)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 04:49 by Gazza.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 18, 2013 05:04

tatters
treaclefingers

There's a database where the heights of various celebrities are listed (The Height Database: www.heightdb.com).

Bill Wyman is listed as 5' 6" (167.64 cm): [www.heightdb.com]

Mick Jagger is listed as 5' 10" (177.8 cm): [www.heightdb.com]

Keith Richards is listed as 5' 9" (175.26 cm): [www.heightdb.com]

The other Stones, past and present, are not listed in this database.

In other such databases, Charlie Watts is listed as 5' 8" (1m73): [www.astrotheme.com]

Ron Wood is listed as 5' 9" (1m75): [www.astrotheme.com]

Mick Taylor is listed as 5' 11" (1m80): [www.astrotheme.com]

Brian Jones is listed as having been 5' 6" (1m68): [www.astrotheme.com]

Ian Stewart is also listed in the above database, Astrotheme, but there is no information available about what his height was.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: August 18, 2013 05:05

Gazza

First I've heard about the Montreux rehearsals which would be a strange choice as they were already released on the Ladies and Gentlemen DVD, plus as its from 72 and they mostly include Exile songs being rehearsed for a tour that took place a year later, it would make no historical sense.

I was wondering about that too, the already being released part. I just assumed that maybe the L&G footage was incomplete and there were more songs.

The making historical sense thing is true, but I don't think it would stop them. Title 5 made no historical sense on the Exile reissue, but they put it on there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 06:12 by NoCode0680.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: August 18, 2013 11:40

Very Good News!!!!

How about this SuperDeluxeSet?

CD1: Original Album
CD2: Outtakes, touched and untouched
CD3: Leeds live
DVD: Marquee and some other stuff from 71!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 18, 2013 16:22

Well, I had wrote above, but guess the post was too long, my suggestion would be:
Disc one: Analog mastering
Disc Two: Mono
Disc Three: Outtakes and alternate versions
Disc Four: two live shows, Newcastle, and another one from the England tour
Disc Five: DVD, live performances, Marquee, promo spots and interviews.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 18, 2013 16:33

I just wonder when the Stones themselves will make some statements about this release.
Maybe November...
jeroen

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: August 18, 2013 16:41

tatters

I went to the R&R Hall Of Fame back in '96 and they had one of Jagger's little bedazzled unitard things on display. Not sure what tour exactly, but it looked like something from around '72 or '73. What amazed me most was how tiny it was. They had it stretched over a mannequin, so it's not like it was just laying there and looked small because it wasn't stretched to full size. I was only 15, not done growing, and I was TOWERING over this thing. And I only grew to be 6 foot so it's not like I was a tall teenager. It was like standing next to a child. It's not just that it was short, but so skinny and small. It really blew me away and I got a little kick out of it.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 18, 2013 17:11

GOO
Hope they include a live version from 1970 of roll over Beethoven

Absolutely. That's the one I'm really after because the arrangement is outstanding. One of the tracks that confirm the "Greatest R&R Band In The World" title - but only available in mediocre audience and (one) not exactly perfect soundboard qualities so far, unfortunately.

Date: August 18, 2013 17:18

The Worst.
Wonder what outtakes to add. They have already used Dancing in the Lights and Aladdin Story for the Exile reissue. What about Potted Shrimp with lyrics?
Than you have Leather Jacket and Travellin' Man.
More stuff like this would be cool:

Around the time of the Exile Deluxe release, it was mentioned that they discovered loads of interesting stuff from the 1969-1972 time frame, amongst it a version of Wild Horses with a string quartet!

Date: August 18, 2013 17:25

Gazza
LieB
If they release Leeds and not something totally unreleased, such as Bristol or Newcastle, I will be disappointed.

They can only release something that was (professionally) recorded in the first place.

There's nothing to suggest that they recorded a large proportion of shows on that tour, and the only show that HAS circulated (or even been rumoured to circulate) in soundboard quality was one that was recorded by the BBC.

Leeds wasn't recorded by the BBC, it was recorded by the Stones and the well-known 60 minute mono mix portion was given to the BBC for broadcast. As a stereo mix of Let It Rock is widely available, there's hope that the original multitracks still exist in the Stones vaults, amongst recordings of other dates from the tour.

Date: August 18, 2013 17:30

retired_dog
Gazza
LieB
If they release Leeds and not something totally unreleased, such as Bristol or Newcastle, I will be disappointed.

They can only release something that was (professionally) recorded in the first place.

There's nothing to suggest that they recorded a large proportion of shows on that tour, and the only show that HAS circulated (or even been rumoured to circulate) in soundboard quality was one that was recorded by the BBC.

Leeds wasn't recorded by the BBC, it was recorded by the Stones and the well-known 60 minute mono mix portion was given to the BBC for broadcast. As a stereo mix of Let It Rock is widely available, there's hope that the original multitracks still exist in the Stones vaults, amongst recordings of other dates from the tour.

see LieB's reply to my post on page 4. Looks like a few shows were indeed recorded.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 18, 2013 17:33

I guess we won't know for sure for a few months but if any of this speculation is true, it sounds as though it might outdo even the Some Girls Deluxe set, which I think is the best of the bunch so far (GYYYO, Exile, Some Girls)

Posted by: tklawson ()
Date: August 18, 2013 17:57

whitem8
Well, I had wrote above, but guess the post was too long, my suggestion would be:

They are not going to release a mono version of a 1971 album. It would certainly just be a fold down of stereo tracks.

Date: August 18, 2013 18:04

Gazza
retired_dog
Gazza
LieB

see LieB's reply to my post on page 4. Looks like a few shows were indeed recorded.

When the Stones Archive began releasing the run of 6 official bootlegs, was it not stated that the Stones recorded ALL of their shows dating back to the late 1960s? I seem to recall that being stated on the official site.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: August 18, 2013 18:45

A new release of Sticky Fingers on SHM-CD is scheduled for October 30. It will be made from the 2011 flat transfers from the analogue master tapes so it should sound great.

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Date: August 18, 2013 19:31

kowalski
A new release of Sticky Fingers on SHM-CD is scheduled for October 30. It will be made from the 2011 flat transfers from the analogue master tapes so it should sound great.

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Are you certain that it is the flat transfer used for the SHM-SACD? I see that nowhere on the listing, and I cannot read Japanese.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: August 18, 2013 19:54

tklawson
kowalski

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Are you certain that it is the flat transfer used for the SHM-SACD? I see that nowhere on the listing, and I cannot read Japanese.

It says so in the part in Japanese : "cut from the 2011 DSD remaster based on the original analogue tapes in England".

edit : Actually it looks like all Stones albums that were released on SHM-SACD in 2011/2012 are now released on SHM-CD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 19:56 by kowalski.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: August 18, 2013 20:37

whitem8

This for sure would Even be better ...

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: August 18, 2013 21:24

stonehearted
tatters
treaclefingers

There's a database where the heights of various celebrities are listed (The Height Database: www.heightdb.com).

Bill Wyman is listed as 5' 6" (167.64 cm): [www.heightdb.com]

Mick Jagger is listed as 5' 10" (177.8 cm): [www.heightdb.com]

Keith Richards is listed as 5' 9" (175.26 cm): [www.heightdb.com]

The other Stones, past and present, are not listed in this database.

In other such databases, Charlie Watts is listed as 5' 8" (1m73): [www.astrotheme.com]

Ron Wood is listed as 5' 9" (1m75): [www.astrotheme.com]

Mick Taylor is listed as 5' 11" (1m80): [www.astrotheme.com]

Brian Jones is listed as having been 5' 6" (1m68): [www.astrotheme.com]

Ian Stewart is also listed in the above database, Astrotheme, but there is no information available about what his height was.

In other words, a bunch of hobbits.... well, at least Taylor is 5'10" and with Jagger's lifts and Ronnie's spiked hair, it all works out.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: August 18, 2013 22:34

Gazza
Expect a DVD of the Marquee show to be a part of it.

I hope you're right, and parhaps an extended version with more songs from the setlist than just the ones on bootlegs/broadcast, ie. SFM,JJF,LIV,SCB. And while thei're at it, I'd say it's a good opportunity to release a concert from '71 combined with the best from Brighton, Liverpool, Leeds and London.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1243
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home