Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' reissue in December?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 13, 2013 21:29

TheGreek
the stones are not gonna postpone a tour becuase of working on something from the vaults. i think it has something to do with money in regards to the next leg of the 50 and counting tour.

Probably right on both counts.

An archives release can be worked on or released at any time. The money in such a project is absolutely miniscule compared to a tour.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 13, 2013 22:06

i dont know why they have postponed the tour.
Ziggodome had been booked.

Cant be, just because of SF Deluxe release-
Maybe because of Money, probably..

Just waiting till Ronnie will tell us, hopefully

jeroen

Date: August 13, 2013 22:13

corriecas
i dont know why they have postponed the tour.
Ziggodome had been booked.

Cant be, just because of SF Deluxe release-
Maybe because of Money, probably..

Just waiting till Ronnie will tell us, hopefully

jeroen

There's nothing to confirm that they've postponed anything.

Its also pretty hard to postpone a tour that hasn't been fully booked and signed off.

Date: August 13, 2013 23:26

StrawberriesBlueberries
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Could be.... which goes us back to the question why the next leg of tour was postponed to insecure future. Namely, adding some overdubs to over forty years old album can't be the reason (but more like "okay we have spare time now, let's do something..." and most likely the one doing something is Jagger).

- Doxa

We simply don't know what they will do in the studio. Giving a hint on the SF deLuxe was very smart, if they needed peace and quiet to surprise us with recording a new album as well, while we're waiting for the second leg of the tour winking smiley

Didn't you say, you heard there was a new album to be released in spring 2014? At least I think, I read it here somewhere. So if Sticky Fingers Deluxe is for Christmas this year, they could plan to do both, I think.

Yes I did, but not what kind of album...

Date: August 14, 2013 00:15

DandelionPowderman
StrawberriesBlueberries
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Could be.... which goes us back to the question why the next leg of tour was postponed to insecure future. Namely, adding some overdubs to over forty years old album can't be the reason (but more like "okay we have spare time now, let's do something..." and most likely the one doing something is Jagger).

- Doxa

We simply don't know what they will do in the studio. Giving a hint on the SF deLuxe was very smart, if they needed peace and quiet to surprise us with recording a new album as well, while we're waiting for the second leg of the tour winking smiley

Didn't you say, you heard there was a new album to be released in spring 2014? At least I think, I read it here somewhere. So if Sticky Fingers Deluxe is for Christmas this year, they could plan to do both, I think.

No, but my point was, that you heard of an album in spring 2014, while the Brazilian blog speaks of an album (Stick Fingers) in December. So if both dates are correct, this has to mean, that there are planned two albums. One is SF, the other one in spring maybe a new one with an ensuing tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-14 00:19 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 14, 2013 00:18

"Travelin' Man" "32-20 Blues" "Alt. Dead Flowers" "Key To The Highway" would all be pretty good to have an official release of - no new vocals for these please....

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: August 14, 2013 00:32

StrawberriesBlueberries
DandelionPowderman
StrawberriesBlueberries
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

No, but my point was, that you heard of an album in spring 2014, while the Brazilian blog speaks of an album (Stick Fingers) in December. So if both dates are correct, this has to mean, that there are planned two albums. One is SF, the other one in spring maybe a new one with an ensuing tour.

As a portuguese native speaker, I can tell you that the blog says that the speculation about the recording of a new album is unlikely to be confirmed.

How good the source for this is, that I don't know...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 14, 2013 00:45

stonehearted
Gazza
Munichhilton
stonehearted
If there are SF overdubs for bonus material, it is doubtful that Wyman will be invited this time.

If there had been a band photo on the original album sleeve and they were doing a deluxe remastering and reissue, I'd bet a pound to the penny that Bill would have been airbrushed out of the image.

It would be one less willy on the cover and liner...I'm all for it...

Looking at the inside cover, it should be a far easier job than the 'Rarities' cover this time. Although they might have to doctor it in a way to get Mick Taylor's left leg included instead of Wyman's right one.

They could just do a cut and paste from this one, then colorize it:

I didn't realize Wyman was so tiny. Maybe he needs to 'perk up'?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: August 14, 2013 00:57

MILKYWAY
LieB
If they release Leeds and not something totally unreleased, such as Bristol or Newcastle, I will be disappointed.

Does Bristol exist?

Gazza
They can only release something that was (professionally) recorded in the first place.

There's nothing to suggest that they recorded a large proportion of shows on that tour, and the only show that HAS circulated (or even been rumoured to circulate) in soundboard quality was one that was recorded by the BBC.

Sorry if I was misleading. According to Bill Wyman, "The shows at Brighton, Liverpool, Leeds and London were recorded live on the eight-track Stones mobile studio, all by Glyn Johns, except London where Chris Kimsey did the honours. [...] A one-hour tape of the Leeds show was presented to Radio One's John Peel for broadcast on 30 May." (Rolling With The Stones, page 375)

So Brighton, Liverpool, Leeds and London should be available. I can't say anything about the performances except that I think the London Roundhouse bootleg has a better performance than the well known Leeds gig.

And about Bristol ... John Perry writes in Classic Rock Albums: Exile On Main St. (p. 72):
"Back in 1972, Keith remembered one show in particular from this 1971 tour. 'Bristol was a gas,' he told Melody Maker. This I must admit is gratifying, since I was there--and it was a gas. It has always remained in [my] mind as the best Stones show I ever saw."

But the Bristol show was probably not recorded.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-14 02:01 by LieB.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 14, 2013 01:57

Then they should just release the live recordings and not bother with another reissue of STICKY FINGERS since what wasn't used on that LP was used on EXILE.

Date: August 14, 2013 02:37

LieB
MILKYWAY
LieB
If they release Leeds and not something totally unreleased, such as Bristol or Newcastle, I will be disappointed.

Does Bristol exist?

Gazza
They can only release something that was (professionally) recorded in the first place.

There's nothing to suggest that they recorded a large proportion of shows on that tour, and the only show that HAS circulated (or even been rumoured to circulate) in soundboard quality was one that was recorded by the BBC.

Sorry if I was misleading. According to Bill Wyman, "The shows at Brighton, Liverpool, Leeds and London were recorded live on the eight-track Stones mobile studio, all by Glyn Johns, except London where Chris Kimsey did the honours. [...] A one-hour tape of the Leeds show was presented to Radio One's John Peel for broadcast on 30 May." (Rolling With The Stones, page 375)

So Brighton, Liverpool, Leeds and London should be available. I can't say anything about the performances except that I think the London Roundhouse bootleg has a better performance than the well known Leeds gig.

And about Bristol ... John Perry writes in Classic Rock Albums: Exile On Main St. (p. 72):
"Back in 1972, Keith remembered one show in particular from this 1971 tour. 'Bristol was a gas,' he told Melody Maker. This I must admit is gratifying, since I was there--and it was a gas. It has always remained in [my] mind as the best Stones show I ever saw."

But the Bristol show was probably not recorded.

thanks for the info. Any of those (especially if its uncirculated) would indeed be a great addition!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-14 02:38 by Gazza.

Date: August 14, 2013 03:52

i m happy the way it is

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: August 14, 2013 04:58

Bent green needles was recorded in Jagger's house

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: August 14, 2013 18:53

pepganzo
would be fantastic have an officil Hillside blues

oh hell yes!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 14, 2013 20:01

andrewt
pepganzo
would be fantastic have an officil Hillside blues

oh hell yes!

Extended version please.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 15, 2013 00:37

Actually a third CD was availabale with the DVD/CD box set of the live show...

Doc
Since SF is my favorite album, I'd say this is great news !
But I was kinda disappointed by the lack of a 3rd CD to the Some Girls rerelease son I will keep moderately optimistic before knowing more about this one.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 15, 2013 03:38

treaclefingers

That's what she said.

Date: August 15, 2013 04:46

His Majesty
Ugh, more new overdubs? thumbs down

We don't always agree on our Stones opinions, you and I, but I HEARTILY agree here--can't stand new overdubs on old unfinished tracks. Mick's vocals in particular turn out really tacky sounding.

Date: August 15, 2013 05:09

Lynd8
"Travelin' Man" "32-20 Blues" "Alt. Dead Flowers" "Key To The Highway" would all be pretty good to have an official release of - no new vocals for these please....

....or guitars. Let's just go with bass and drums. Very earthy.

Date: August 15, 2013 05:10

71Tele
treaclefingers

That's what she said.

That's what keith said.

Date: August 15, 2013 08:24

StrawberriesBlueberries
DandelionPowderman
StrawberriesBlueberries
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

The info I got was that they would be working in the studio for months.

Tour start was spring/early summer.

Could mean songs for more deLuxes or both a new album and deLuxe overdubs...

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 15, 2013 12:42

..."For months" can mean only a new album or a new album with some overdubs for the deluxe, not "only" the overdubs for the deluxe of SF...

Date: August 15, 2013 12:44

mailexile67
..."For months" can mean only a new album or a new album with some overdubs for the deluxe, not "only" the overdubs for the deluxe of SF...

Absolutely, just like I said in my previous post.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 15, 2013 16:14

CanYouHearTheMusic
His Majesty
Ugh, more new overdubs? thumbs down

We don't always agree on our Stones opinions, you and I, but I HEARTILY agree here--can't stand new overdubs on old unfinished tracks. Mick's vocals in particular turn out really tacky sounding.

It ends up sounding more like new material...which isn't necessarily a bad thing! Think of how the then new Tattoo You came out in '81 which essentially was a bunch of leftovers they overdubbed and finished.

Date: August 15, 2013 16:36

Sometimes (only a few times, though) it's for the better smiling smiley

BEFORE THE OVERDUBS:

AFTER OVERDUBBING:

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 15, 2013 17:14

With a different approach the SG Bonus material could almost have become another Tattoo You.

The ingredients would just have been a little longer on the shelf curing ;^)

Not that I'd want it changed a great deal...I love the "album" as it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-15 18:40 by Spud.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 17, 2013 20:37

let´s be serious. we don´t know anything. so we have to wait, what will be announced. Full stop.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 17, 2013 20:51

just 5 cds, thats it

Jeroen

shame really

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: August 17, 2013 20:56

Hope they include a live version from 1970 of roll over Beethoven

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 17, 2013 21:49

GOO
Hope they include a live version from 1970 of roll over Beethoven

There exists at least one sound board recording from a 1970 show. They should add that one whole show at least.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1458
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home