Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' reissue in December?
Date: August 13, 2013 12:58

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Marquee or Leeds with overdubs? I hope not...

A 1971 show that we don't have would be highly appreciated, though smiling smiley

The Roundhouse or Newcastle would be good.

Supposedly with both CYHMK and Wild Horses thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 13, 2013 13:01

Wonderful news if true. I thought they had forgotten the whole Deluxe project, having hands full of current things.

But but... how about the new album then? Does those rumours actually mean that they are in the studio working on STICKY FINGERS instead? Or doing both...confused smiley

- Doxa

Date: August 13, 2013 13:04

Doxa
Wonderful news if true. I thought they had forgotten the whole Deluxe project, having hands full of current things.

But but... how about the new album then? Does those rumours actually mean that they are in the studio working on STICKY FINGERS instead? Or doing both...confused smiley

- Doxa

I only heard they were planning the recording session. Could very well mean recording for the SF deLuxe only.

Date: August 13, 2013 13:10

Could be.... which goes us back to the question why the next leg of tour was postponed to insecure future. Namely, adding some overdubs to over forty years old album can't be the reason (but more like "okay we have spare time now, let's do something..." and most likely the one doing something is Jagger).

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-13 13:11 by Doxa.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 13, 2013 13:35

can someone please tell me about the next leg of the tour being cancelled?

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: August 13, 2013 13:41

TheGreek

cancelled?? there is never been an announcement of i canĀ“t be cancelled ;-) There are only rumours

Date: August 13, 2013 13:41

TheGreek

Well, one can't cancel anything one hasn't announced in the first place... it is rumours killing other rumours, etc. First there was strong rumours about the possible shows later this year, and then that there will be none...

- Doxa

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 13, 2013 13:45

I'd totally be up for an Expensive Winos tour!smoking smiley

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: August 13, 2013 13:52

DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

I only heard they were planning the recording session. Could very well mean recording for the SF deLuxe only.

I don't think that the session is just for the SF-deluxe - no need for several months in that case. My guess would be they (MJ and KR) do SF first, which might also have to do with the expiring universal deal. And then the serious sessions for the spring album.

Date: August 13, 2013 13:54

Doxa
Could be.... which goes us back to the question why the next leg of tour was postponed to insecure future. Namely, adding some overdubs to over forty years old album can't be the reason (but more like "okay we have spare time now, let's do something..." and most likely the one doing something is Jagger).

- Doxa

We simply don't know what they will do in the studio. Giving a hint on the SF deLuxe was very smart, if they needed peace and quiet to surprise us with recording a new album as well, while we're waiting for the second leg of the tour winking smiley

Date: August 13, 2013 13:56

TheGreek

It was never announced. However, there is no doubt that the second leg was planned. They just delayed it because of the recording sessions. Word is spring/early summer 2014.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 13, 2013 14:01

No doubt SF deluxe will be special!! Something to look forward to...

Date: August 13, 2013 14:05

DandelionPowderman
TheGreek

It was never announced. However, there is no doubt that the second leg was planned. They just delayed it because of the recording sessions. Word is spring/early summer 2014.

That we don't know... There could be other reasons.

- Doxa

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 13, 2013 14:16

crholmstrom
I'd totally be up for an Expensive Winos tour!smoking smiley

thumbs up

Date: August 13, 2013 14:21

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
TheGreek

- Doxa

I was told that was the reason..

Date: August 13, 2013 14:25

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
TheGreek

- Doxa

Ok. Let's hope your source is right. To postpone a tour "only" because of opening the vaults sounds unlikely, so there must be more in it...winking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-13 14:26 by Doxa.

Date: August 13, 2013 14:44

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
TheGreek

- Doxa

Ok. Let's hope your source is right. To postpone a tour "only" because of opening the vaults sounds unlikely, so there must be more in it...winking smiley

- Doxa

I agree thumbs up

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: August 13, 2013 15:52

Wonder what outtakes to add. They have already used Dancing in the Lights and Aladdin Story for the Exile reissue. What about Potted Shrimp with lyrics?
Than you have Leather Jacket and Travellin' Man.
More stuff like this would be cool:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-13 15:54 by The Worst..

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: August 13, 2013 16:26

The Worst.
Wonder what outtakes to add. They have already used Dancing in the Lights and Aladdin Story for the Exile reissue. What about Potted Shrimp with lyrics?
Than you have Leather Jacket and Travellin' Man.
More stuff like this would be cool:

CS Blues blues must be included - I hope. What about the rumoured Scarlet track? Or does that belong to a evntual GHS-deluxe?

Date: August 13, 2013 16:29

As far as I know Scarlet was recorded in 1974.
But Silver Train from GHS was definetely first recorded during the Sticky Fingers sessions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-13 16:30 by The Worst..

Date: August 13, 2013 16:37

Date: August 13, 2013 16:38

Date: August 13, 2013 16:39

Date: August 13, 2013 16:51

The best outtake from Sticky Fingers is Travellin' Man IMO.
With a little more work it could be a really great track.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: August 13, 2013 18:55

LieB
If they release Leeds and not something totally unreleased, such as Bristol or Newcastle, I will be disappointed.

Does Bristol exist?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 13, 2013 19:22

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
TheGreek

- Doxa

- Doxa

I agree thumbs up
the stones are not gonna postpone a tour becuase of working on something from the vaults. i think it has something to do with money in regards to the next leg of the 50 and counting tour.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: August 13, 2013 20:57

whitem8
This could be a very well done release if they spend the time on it. I have written before on a deluxe thread some suggestions. For the template, look at the David Bowie Station to Station Deluxe release. The Stones should put it in a large, heavy cardboard stock box. With a large Tongue on the font. The original. Inside they should have red black felt sides and bottom and multiple discs. The original in analog. Then the entire album in Mono,the bonus disc with outtakes, and then a disc chronicling the 1971 England tour. Put out a few live shows that haven't seen the light of day from that tour, and add a DVD with any unreleased live/studio film, press conferences, and a documentary on Rolling Stone records! In the box include a nice hardbound book (like the book that came with the Some Girls Deluxe) with mock ups of the cover, the zipper and unreleased shots from Warhol, and a description of his involvement, graphic designs, and multiple pages of the tongue design process and early mock ups. Have replicas on heavy stock paper of the tour posters from the '71 tour (the antique car, etc..) and advertisement bills. Have a poster them naked holding the album covers. A big glossy poster, old school. Then have a book with a write up about the album, and comments from each band member about what they remember. Add to that comments from Engineers, Johns, etc.... Have a section on the Rolling Stone Mobile with all the cool tech stuff and pics of all the different albums recorded from it. Add to that a big patch of the tongue, and four or five replicas of buttons from that year. Like I wrote, this could be very cool...

And some music maybe?!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 13, 2013 21:25

LieB
If they release Leeds and not something totally unreleased, such as Bristol or Newcastle, I will be disappointed.

They can only release something that was (professionally) recorded in the first place.

There's nothing to suggest that they recorded a large proportion of shows on that tour, and the only show that HAS circulated (or even been rumoured to circulate) in soundboard quality was one that was recorded by the BBC.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-13 21:28 by Gazza.

Date: August 13, 2013 21:26

DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

We simply don't know what they will do in the studio. Giving a hint on the SF deLuxe was very smart, if they needed peace and quiet to surprise us with recording a new album as well, while we're waiting for the second leg of the tour winking smiley

Didn't you say, you heard there was a new album to be released in spring 2014? At least I think, I read it here somewhere. So if Sticky Fingers Deluxe is for Christmas this year, they could plan to do both, I think.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: August 13, 2013 21:27

Early bitch out takes would be cool

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1325
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home