Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' reissue in December?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 13, 2013 00:47

Most overdubs for these things invariably mean a new vocal (and often new lyrics as the original was almost non existent) by Jagger and maybe the occasional guitar part by Keith. You're more likely to see Lisa Fischer appear on a session for it than Bill or Charlie.

Sticky Fingers is a bit of an odd choice for an expanded release as most of what was anywhere near finished at the time ended up on either the original Exile (with a few overdubs) or the Exile bonus disc (with substantial overdubs).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-13 00:48 by Gazza.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 13, 2013 00:51

stonehearted
If there are SF overdubs for bonus material, it is doubtful that Wyman will be invited this time.

If there had been a band photo on the original album sleeve and they were doing a deluxe remastering and reissue, I'd bet a pound to the penny that Bill would have been airbrushed out of the image.

It would be one less willy on the cover and liner...I'm all for it...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 13, 2013 00:53

....maybe it'll come with a remote-controlled zip this time round ...

ROCKMAN

Date: August 13, 2013 00:56

Munichhilton
stonehearted
If there are SF overdubs for bonus material, it is doubtful that Wyman will be invited this time.

If there had been a band photo on the original album sleeve and they were doing a deluxe remastering and reissue, I'd bet a pound to the penny that Bill would have been airbrushed out of the image.

Looking at the inside cover, it should be a far easier job than the 'Rarities' cover this time. Although they might have to doctor it in a way to get Mick Taylor's left leg included instead of Wyman's right one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-13 00:58 by Gazza.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 13, 2013 01:05

Gazza
Munichhilton
stonehearted

Looking at the inside cover, it should be a far easier job than the 'Rarities' cover this time. Although they might have to doctor it in a way to get Mick Taylor's left leg included instead of Wyman's right one.

They could just do a cut and paste from this one, then colorize it:

Date: August 13, 2013 01:20

Gazza
Munichhilton
stonehearted

Easy! Just make it black and white and reverse Bill´s shoe grinning smiley

Date: August 13, 2013 01:25

That's it...Bill stays, but the willy is outta time...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 13, 2013 01:38

stonehearted

Wyman wasn't part of the re-recording on the previous reissues. Don Was gets a bass credit on 'Some Girls'.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 13, 2013 01:42

bye bye johnny
stonehearted

Wyman wasn't part of the re-recording on the previous reissues. Don Was gets a bass credit on 'Some Girls'.

If memory serves, he did take part in the Exile reissue bonus disc, and there is even studio footage shown in the Stones In Exile documentary DVD.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 13, 2013 02:10

No mention of Bill having participated in the 2009 'Exile' mixing, editing and overdubbing sessions.

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Date: August 13, 2013 02:34

stonehearted
bye bye johnny
stonehearted

If memory serves, he did take part in the Exile reissue bonus disc, and there is even studio footage shown in the Stones In Exile documentary DVD.

He didnt. Neither did Charlie (or Woody, of course). Mostly Mick, some Keith, an overdubbed guitar part by Taylor on PMS, some backing vocals by Lisa and Cindy Mizelle and a few strings on 'Following The River'.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 13, 2013 02:39

Bill, talking about the Exile reissue:

"Were you asked to do any new overdubs on the newly remastered Exile, as Keith, Mick Jagger, and Mick Taylor did?

No, and neither was Charlie—we didn’t have to. [Co-producer] Don Was was full of compliments about our playing in an article I recently read, which was very nice".

[www.bassplayer.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 13, 2013 03:25

bye bye johnny
stonehearted

It wasn't so much re-recording as it was overdubbing. At least with the Some Girls tracks. No one would suspect the Stones of doing a new recording ie re-recording of a song from the 1970s and sounding like the 1970s. The simple part of Charlie's drumming would give it away. That awful one from the Exile one was probably new with a bunch of session musicians and Mick.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 13, 2013 04:10

GasLightStreet
bye bye johnny
stonehearted

It wasn't so much re-recording as it was overdubbing. At least with the Some Girls tracks. No one would suspect the Stones of doing a new recording ie re-recording of a song from the 1970s and sounding like the 1970s. The simple part of Charlie's drumming would give it away. That awful one from the Exile one was probably new with a bunch of session musicians and Mick.

What 'awful one' from Exile?

Date: August 13, 2013 04:33

24FPS
GasLightStreet
bye bye johnny
stonehearted

What 'awful one' from Exile?

Oh there's more then one thats awful...think harder...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 13, 2013 04:34

This could be a very well done release if they spend the time on it. I have written before on a deluxe thread some suggestions. For the template, look at the David Bowie Station to Station Deluxe release. The Stones should put it in a large, heavy cardboard stock box. With a large Tongue on the font. The original. Inside they should have red black felt sides and bottom and multiple discs. The original in analog. Then the entire album in Mono,the bonus disc with outtakes, and then a disc chronicling the 1971 England tour. Put out a few live shows that haven't seen the light of day from that tour, and add a DVD with any unreleased live/studio film, press conferences, and a documentary on Rolling Stone records! In the box include a nice hardbound book (like the book that came with the Some Girls Deluxe) with mock ups of the cover, the zipper and unreleased shots from Warhol, and a description of his involvement, graphic designs, and multiple pages of the tongue design process and early mock ups. Have replicas on heavy stock paper of the tour posters from the '71 tour (the antique car, etc..) and advertisement bills. Have a poster them naked holding the album covers. A big glossy poster, old school. Then have a book with a write up about the album, and comments from each band member about what they remember. Add to that comments from Engineers, Johns, etc.... Have a section on the Rolling Stone Mobile with all the cool tech stuff and pics of all the different albums recorded from it. Add to that a big patch of the tongue, and four or five replicas of buttons from that year. Like I wrote, this could be very cool...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-13 04:39 by whitem8.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 13, 2013 04:47

I'm thinking a return trip to muscle shoals is in order for the boys.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: August 13, 2013 04:52

Please delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-13 18:54 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: August 13, 2013 05:01

bye bye johnny

[translate.google.com]

Thanks for posting that google translate link. It allowed me to understand the thread's subject.

I have a couple of different pressings of the Sticky Fingers LP, plus one of the Alternate SF 2 LP sets, plus a SF outtakes LP (Nasty Habits), so I am maxed out on SF. I might buy this anyway, though, just to be sure.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 13, 2013 05:41

Praise Jesus, if true. Hopefully we will get "Travelin' Man", one of the very best unreleased Stones tracks, imo, though it needs a vocal re-do and some more lyrics.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: August 13, 2013 11:17

whitem8
This could be a very well done release if they spend the time on it. I have written before on a deluxe thread some suggestions. For the template, look at the David Bowie Station to Station Deluxe release. The Stones should put it in a large, heavy cardboard stock box. With a large Tongue on the font. The original. Inside they should have red black felt sides and bottom and multiple discs. The original in analog. Then the entire album in Mono,the bonus disc with outtakes, and then a disc chronicling the 1971 England tour. Put out a few live shows that haven't seen the light of day from that tour, and add a DVD with any unreleased live/studio film, press conferences, and a documentary on Rolling Stone records! In the box include a nice hardbound book (like the book that came with the Some Girls Deluxe) with mock ups of the cover, the zipper and unreleased shots from Warhol, and a description of his involvement, graphic designs, and multiple pages of the tongue design process and early mock ups. Have replicas on heavy stock paper of the tour posters from the '71 tour (the antique car, etc..) and advertisement bills. Have a poster them naked holding the album covers. A big glossy poster, old school. Then have a book with a write up about the album, and comments from each band member about what they remember. Add to that comments from Engineers, Johns, etc.... Have a section on the Rolling Stone Mobile with all the cool tech stuff and pics of all the different albums recorded from it. Add to that a big patch of the tongue, and four or five replicas of buttons from that year. Like I wrote, this could be very cool...

Not sure if you're being ironic here. The '71 live disc ideas are great -- give me tons of that any day -- but spare me the felt covered boxes, posters and zippers, unless the prics is $20.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-13 11:17 by LieB.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: August 13, 2013 11:38

The super deluxe could be wrap in a real blue jean and instead zip, we can get buttons with needle and thread.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: August 13, 2013 12:01

It would be great a Sticky Fingers reissue.

For example this would be mine reissue box:
disc 1: orginal album remastered
disc 2: outtakes / alternate versions album
disc 3: Live in Leeds complete
dvd : documentary about SF + live concert

Date: August 13, 2013 12:02

Marquee or Leeds with overdubs? I hope not...

A 1971 show that we don't have would be highly appreciated, though smiling smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 13, 2013 12:03

The cynical/sarcastic side of me believes it would be a standard brickwalled 2CD set with minimum rarities, and of course Bill is airbrushed out of all pictures. However, I hope I'm wrong and greenriver's blue jean box becomes reality, then toss in everything whitem8 listed and there's an outstanding box. This would be an amazing release in my opinion.

Date: August 13, 2013 12:05

frankotero
The cynical/sarcastic side of me believes it would be a standard brickwalled 2CD set with minimum rarities, and of course Bill is airbrushed out of all pictures. However, I hope I'm wrong and greenriver's blue jean box becomes reality, then toss in everything whitem8 listed and there's an outstanding box. This would be an amazing release in my opinion.

Was Bill photoshopped out of Exile or SG deLuxe? Don't think so...

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: August 13, 2013 12:17

If they release Leeds and not something totally unreleased, such as Bristol or Newcastle, I will be disappointed.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 13, 2013 12:36

is it a rumour, or already officially announced??
jeroen

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 13, 2013 12:45

Since SF is my favorite album, I'd say this is great news !
But I was kinda disappointed by the lack of a 3rd CD to the Some Girls rerelease son I will keep moderately optimistic before knowing more about this one.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 13, 2013 12:52

DandelionPowderman
Marquee or Leeds with overdubs? I hope not...

A 1971 show that we don't have would be highly appreciated, though smiling smiley

The Roundhouse or Newcastle would be good.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1424
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home