Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12
Re: OT: Chuck Berry European Tour 2013 and more...
Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: October 27, 2013 16:51

For those of you who understand Norwegian: [www.aftenposten.no]

This says it all, and exactly what I mean. It has nothing to do with anyones wish to determine if an artist should stop playing and things like that. It is just that I think it´s sad to see my great rock´n roll hero in this shape.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 27, 2013 17:19

[www.aftenposten.no]

As with a 100 other times regarding many many biased reviewers reviewing all sorts of acts, this seems like another reviewer whose review was mostly written before he walked in.

Why would a professional concert reviewer ever watch youtube clips, or read other people's reviews, before attending a show they knew they would be seeing and then reviewing.

Oh well, this review will probbaly sit perfectly with the numerous Chuck bashers here... have fun with it.

Date: October 27, 2013 17:20

Thanks for sharing the link NedKelly.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 27, 2013 18:08

His Majesty
latebloomer

Try some chardonnay next time HM, you might even get some religion.

Seriously, I thought your comments were very poetic and quite lovely, but you're still going to hell... grinning smiley

If Chardonnay gives me religion I'll piss it out. grinning smiley

Can't resist teasing you, my young friend, about your earnest non-religious beliefs. It doesn't matter to me what people believe. Besides, even if there is a hell, you seem much too nice to end up there.

Me, on the other hand...grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-27 18:19 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 27, 2013 18:11

Nobody is bashing Chuck Berry just stating the obvious. And Max, I'm European but I looove the USA and I love Americans! smoking smiley

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: October 27, 2013 18:42

Redhotcarpet
Nobody is bashing Chuck Berry just stating the obvious. And Max, I'm European but I looove the USA and I love Americans! smoking smiley

Exactly!

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 27, 2013 18:56

Max'sKansasCity
[www.aftenposten.no]

As with a 100 other times regarding many many biased reviewers reviewing all sorts of acts, this seems like another reviewer whose review was mostly written before he walked in.

Why would a professional concert reviewer ever watch youtube clips, or read other people's reviews, before attending a show they knew they would be seeing and then reviewing.

Oh well, this review will probbaly sit perfectly with the numerous Chuck bashers here... have fun with it.

Nobody is bashing Chuck - nothing wrong with gettin' old and having Alzheimer...it happens, but when people start selling a sick person on world tours, without telling the audience/fans that the star of the evening is unable to perform and dont even remember the songs anymore - yeah I have problem with that.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 27, 2013 19:05

latebloomer

Can't resist teasing you, my young friend, about your earnest non-religious beliefs. It doesn't matter to me what people believe. Besides, even if there is a hell, you seem much too nice to end up there.

Me, on the other hand...grinning smiley

Dinna worry, you'll just cease to exist like everyone else. grinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 27, 2013 19:12

I have seen Chuck Berry live on stage a few times. Not because I am a big fan, but because he is related to the Stones musically.

When I saw he was booked for Sentrum Scene in Oslo last night, I was thinking of may be I should go. Just one more time. Just to make up my own mind about his musical ability and stage performance. I was actually in Oslo around 9pm on show day and was pretty close to going, but I decided not to go.

Chuck Berry is 87 years old. It is physically impossible for him to do something anywhere close to the old days. He would be like a museum version of himzself to me. I did not want to have those memories. I am not that big fan really.

Then reading the reports I though how was it like? The leading Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten had a very honest and good report. I read it through and it is confirming my feeling and decition of not going:

Hvil nå, Chuck Berry
[www.aftenposten.no]

The headline says:

Time to rest now, Chuck Berry

The report is written with respect to the old man. Actually, the journalist says "I do not see any reason of trying to make a show report really"...

The story is ending like this:

"I walk out into the October night with a strange feeling if emptyness."

As for myself, if I was a Chuck Berry superfan, I might just want to see him again and again with or without any glitches and musically defects. Who knows. Who am I to judge? As long as people want to see Chuck Berry live on stage then sure it is great that he do have the time, energy and willingness to tour. Enjoy the shows. But myself, I am thinking back on my past shows and I do still remember the better parts of them, great memories. I don't want these memories to be messed up on overtime.

More reports from the Oslo show:

Too much monkey business?
[gaffa.com]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-27 19:17 by bv.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 27, 2013 19:39

Max'sKansasCity
Stoneage
That is just my opinion, Max. Look at the clips and form your own opinion. I can't have opinions for everyone.

You mean clips of The Stones? They seem in fine shape, but according to numerous posts of yours they should not have toured either, yet they made over 100 million Dollars touring this year, while making a lot of people happy.

Bottom line- If people want to play, and people want to buy tickets to see them pplay, why do other people feel obligated to want to tell them all how wrong they are?

Stay on topic, Max. And do not fabricate statements. I have never claimed that The Stones shouldn't tour. I can be very critical about the band but that is not the same thing.
Let people have their own opinions. Do not force your opinions on everybody else. You know better than that, surely.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 27, 2013 19:44

Stoneage
Max'sKansasCity
Stoneage
That is just my opinion, Max. Look at the clips and form your own opinion. I can't have opinions for everyone.

You mean clips of The Stones? They seem in fine shape, but according to numerous posts of yours they should not have toured either, yet they made over 100 million Dollars touring this year, while making a lot of people happy.

Bottom line- If people want to play, and people want to buy tickets to see them pplay, why do other people feel obligated to want to tell them all how wrong they are?

Stay on topic, Max. And do not fabricate statements. I have never claimed that The Stones shouldn't tour. I can be very critical about the band but that is not the same thing.
Let people have their own opinions. Do not force your opinions on everybody else. You know better than that, surely.

No, he don´t listen to anyone and refuses to see and hear the obvious which everyone else here can see and hear.

Date: October 27, 2013 19:47

JumpinJeppeFlash
No, he don´t listen to anyone and refuses to see and hear the obvious which everyone else here can see and hear.

You are a funny kid, keep em coming junior, you are good for a laugh.

Date: October 27, 2013 19:50

Stoneage

Careful now, dont get too uppity... umkay?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 27, 2013 20:00

Uppity? Moi? winking smiley

Date: October 27, 2013 21:03

Please keep ON TOPIC. This thread is about Chuck Berry, nothing else. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Date: October 27, 2013 22:34

Who went to the show yesterday? I couldn´t make it, unfortunately. How was it?

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: October 27, 2013 22:45

They used to have those Freak-Shows in the nineteenth century, where you paid money to see a bearded woman, siamese twins and alike.
What about putting Chuck and a guitar in some sort of cage and let people watch him just out of curiosity? You could earn big bucks with it, I am sure.

Oh, they're already doing this? Oh well...

Posted by: WolfgangG ()
Date: October 27, 2013 22:46

DandelionPowderman
Who went to the show yesterday? I couldn´t make it, unfortunately. How was it?

I went to the show yesterday. First half of show was quite good, the second half was a disaster. His show badly needs some structure!

His shows clearly improved as he started to recover from flu and hickups though. But overall he was very ill and should have postponed the Tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-27 22:50 by WolfgangG.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 27, 2013 23:24

The Great CB .................Still Rocking in '69..........

Listen from 15.40 and on (sounds familiar) grinning smiley

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: November 4, 2013 17:25

Tough room... Thank god I'm just one of the sidemen with no say about the business end of things.

CBII

Date: November 4, 2013 17:30

It is beyond me why so many feel so obligated to hurl so many insults. I dont understand their purpose saying all those things repeatedly about the great Chuck Berry. Seems like a lot people were happy to see him in person, how can that be wrong?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-04 17:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 4, 2013 17:41

Max'sKansasCity
It is beyond me why so many feel so obligated to hurl so many insults. I dont understand their purpose saying all those things repeatedly about the great Chuck Berry. Seems like a lot people were happy to see him in person, how can that be wrong?

The consumer will dictate when a product is no longer desirable. We performed in front of approximately 12,000 people between 20.10.2013 - 26.10.2013 and they along with YouTube clips will determine what the future has in store.

As to the insults, it's opinion and we should not attempt to deprive anyone from expressing their thoughts. As long as it's just words, they cannot really do any damage. Like the old nursery rhyme goes "Sticks and Stones..."

CBII

Date: November 4, 2013 17:48

Allow me to say... CHEERS TO CHUCK BERRY FOR STILL BEING OUT THERE DOING HIS THING IN 2013 AND CHEERS TO CBII FOR BEING THERE FOR HIS DAD IN THE BAND, How awesome is that!! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-04 23:51 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 4, 2013 20:29

Imo Europeans do not expect a great musical experience :they buy a ticket to be in the same room as a living legend, a part of the Americana.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: November 4, 2013 20:50

Some Artists have conquered their Place in Rock and roll and produced lots of great albums and tours worldwide, so when They do get older I do respect Them. From every other concert I expect a great show.

Date: November 4, 2013 21:56

dcba
Imo Europeans do not expect a great musical experience :they buy a ticket to be in the same room as a living legend, a part of the Americana.

While the americans buy tickets to the same artist merely for the musical experience??

No, everybody wants to see the legend and to have a good time, no matter where they are from smiling smiley

Date: November 4, 2013 23:12

Please post about CHUCK BERRY and about his shows now, please do NOT use this thread for smalltalk or OFF topic posts. Thanks!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 5, 2013 01:30

CBII
Like the old nursery rhyme goes "Sticks and Stones..."

I'm glad you take it that way. The only important thing is that your dad still likes what he is doing. Blessings to him and his family.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 5, 2013 02:15

Rolling Hansie
CBII
Like the old nursery rhyme goes "Sticks and Stones..."

I'm glad you take it that way. The only important thing is that your dad still likes what he is doing. Blessings to him and his family.

You just said it all! My father still likes what he does. Makes one wonder how many people that have had the same job for 61 years still likes / loves their job?

CBII

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 5, 2013 03:28

Here's Michael J. Fox paying homage to the king of rock 'n roll. It was filmed last year, and despite his ongoing battle with Parkinson's, it shows he can still rock-out. Never give up thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1615
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home