Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

THIS TOUR WILL BITE LIKE LICKS
Posted by: nankerjones ()
Date: April 17, 2005 16:18

Do you think Keith will suddenly stop blowing intros and Ronnie's one month rehab will make him play well. Put the money in the bank. Oh yeah I really think I want to see a sixty one year old man sing about cumming and changing the lyrics of Brown Sugar to just like a young man should, because he prefers black penis to vagina.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-17 16:22 by nankerjones.

Re: THIS TOUR WILL BITE LIKE LICKS
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 17, 2005 17:01

nankerjones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you think Keith will suddenly stop blowing
> intros and Ronnie's one month rehab will make him
> play well.

Hopefully
smiling smiley

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 17, 2005 17:20

nankerjones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want to see a sixty one year old
> man sing about cumming and changing the lyrics of
> Brown Sugar to just like a young man should.
>
I've been wondering for some time why he changed the lyrics this way...

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: April 17, 2005 17:25

It's only rock'n'roll, but I like it.

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: April 17, 2005 17:30

Keith blowing intros, this became standard....

Yesterday I watched the Keith DVD Happy In Boston. Great concert, maybe his best solo concert ever. Great guitar work. But when it came to Before They Make Me Run he kind of messed one chord up in the intro. Only one chord, I nearly didn´t realize it because it sounded good anyway - not comparable to the blow ups we heard on the Licks tour when it came to this intro.
But what happened in 1993: He laughed, looked at his bandmates and shook his head - as if he wanted to say "Hell, how could this happen".
Nowadays he sometimes comes out on stage, totally blows the Brown Sugar intro, and you don´t see any expression on his face. As if he does not realize he´s wrong or does think nobody hears it. Very strange. I sometimes wonder what Darryl Jones thinks in those moments. He´s a 100% musician, played with the best, never would he srew up an easy Stones tune.

Anyway I love Keith and we all know that he very often nails it perfectly. But he´s not able to simply reproduce stuff, maybe that´s even what makes him so good.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 17, 2005 17:45

nankerjones, why dont you go play in the micro oven?

Posted by: Dayokay ()
Date: April 17, 2005 19:32

Where does this phrase come from? When I read 'this tour will bite' I thought you were saying it would be great, and it transpires you're saying it'll be shit.

I would expect the vast majority of those registered to a Stones site to be pretty upbeat about a new tour.

Dayokay

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 17, 2005 20:27

the boys always come through

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: April 18, 2005 12:17

Keith would say the record has the perfect version and in concert its different every night (cue 'God joins the band' comments). Check out your boots for Before They Make Me Run, it seems that the number of chords in the intro change on a regular basis.

Date: April 18, 2005 13:31

yeah, lol, regular basis... lol...
that´s really funny, but I guess you´re absolutely right.

Posted by: MisterD ()
Date: April 19, 2005 07:55

Dang, does Jagger really like young Brown Boy Sugar? I mean, that's ok and everything but it's a little weird. He's such a ladie's man. Girls' have always loved him, more so than guys anyhow. I mean straight guy's like him b/c he's what they all want to be. Mick as a @#$%& really doesn't sit well with me but I'm would not be surprised in the least. After all, he shares the same initials as Micheal Jackson...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 19, 2005 08:11

Mick and Michael did a duet together.

Posted by: MisterD ()
Date: April 19, 2005 08:23

Oh shit, your right. I think I might have that 10" on vinyl.

Date: April 19, 2005 10:25

The same initials, ok that is an argument.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: April 19, 2005 12:16

nankerjones I have a suggestion for you since you're so sure about how the Stones will perform on this new tour, don't go see them! The Stones have been blowing the intro's to their songs their whole careers. It's part of their charm, because it's what happens afterwards thats magic. If you haven't figured that out yet maybe you're not a real Stones fan afterall.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-19 12:20 by RankOutsider.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 19, 2005 12:51

I´m with RankOutsider on this one.
Nankerjones just want to piss everybody off, because he has no life of his own. Since they threw him out of The Osmonds FanClub, he has been very confused, and felt the need to take his crap over here. This is not the first utterly stupid and annoying post he´s made. I just wish people would ignore him,and not answer his posts, because that´s what makes him do it again.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home