Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paris 1976
Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: April 17, 2005 15:35

I really love the "Paris Aux Printemps" recording, mainly because Keiths guitar is so forward in the mix. What are other boots with the sound of 100 chainsaws?
Particularly is their a live version of "Soul Survivor" where the guitar is really loud?

Re: Paris 1976
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 17, 2005 16:59

theyve never played "Soul survivor" in concert

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 17, 2005 18:04

lets hope they break it out on this tour
they did rehearse it for licks

Posted by: johang ()
Date: April 17, 2005 20:08

Too much guitar for the boys to handle now? Chuck will play piano on all riffs?

Date: April 17, 2005 21:41

Thats what I suspected, but yes that would be a real challenge for the old goats, lets petition for Soul Survivor for the next tour, its the greatest get out of a hangover mood song of all time

Date: April 17, 2005 23:16

On each of the last couple of tours, the Stones have dusted off the cobwebs of one song that we didnt expect them to play, but that there was considerable clamour for on the internet

No Security - Moonlight Mile
Licks - Cant you Hear me Knockin'

Good luck with "Soul Survivor", although I think "Slave" and "Sway" appear to be ahead in the pecking order from what I've read since the last tour ended.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 18, 2005 05:12

Actually Gazza I feel like "She Was Hot" might even be ahead of those two. I have also been paying attention to the tunes that surpise us but that everyone pushed on the Net. I admit "Moonlight Mile" totally surprised me. As much as "Winter" or "Let it Loose" would surprise me. The first being too "taylory" and the second being such a vocal tour de force that Jagger might not want to try it. I don't think they will do "Soul Survivor". It's one of those weird hard rocking tunes that just don't work live. I have never felt that "Rocks Off" works well live. And that is one of their greatest all time tunes.

Date: April 18, 2005 05:27

well..She was hot was rehearsed at the start of the last European tour, but I wouldnt say it got the same advance pressure or clamour from hardcore fans as Moonlight Mile or CYHMK. I think 'Lady Jane' got pretty close to inclusion on the European tour as well, unless my memory is playing tricks with me

They did actually rehearse or soundcheck Moonlight Mile for the Amsterdam shows in summer 1998 but opted not to play it on that tour, and it eventually debuted on the first night of the No Security tour instead, so its inclusion wasnt as huge a surprise as it seemed.

the inclusion of MM and CYHMK is proof that Jagger does (as he has hinted) check out some fansites occasionally for feedback into what songs the more hardcore fanbase want to hear them have a bash at each tour.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: April 18, 2005 05:29

How about bringing back Fingerprint File?

Posted by: LE PAUL JAGGER ()
Date: April 18, 2005 13:07

Dallas 89
Paris 98
shepperds bush 99
so muchguitar in thosse boots.

Date: April 18, 2005 13:41

Do you like Rocks Off Live?

Date: April 18, 2005 14:02

not usually

Date: April 18, 2005 14:12

I think the problem with Rocks Off on some boots I have, is often the vocals, Mick sounds sometimes uncomfortable singing it,as if he' struggling to remember the words.
The other songs where the guitars usually really explode for me, are of course JJF and Gimme Shelter, its Keef the human riff, also Keiths solo song Take it so hard really has that thaaaaannngg.
Also I really love Fingerprint File, but it has to be played with the funk, but Darryl shouldnt have too much problems with that.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 18, 2005 14:21

What about "Hey Negrita"? I think it would tear the house down!!!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 18, 2005 17:31

Well, if they need to continue this "let's do some obscure but good and never before - or for ages - played song"-policy I suggest taking their 80's stuff under consideration. When they "came back" in '89 they started the business by digging their old rare 60's stuff ("Ruby Tuesday", "2000 Light Years FRom Home"), later they started to redo their classical 70's stuff ("Moonlight Mile", "Can't You Hear Me Knocking?, "Hand Of Fate"). So what about now "Undercover of The Night", "She Was Hot", "One Hit" or Harlem Shuffle"? In fact, there are a handful of nice rockers in Undercover and Dirty Work albums.

Well, to be true, I will suppose they will not do this because I think they themselves are in a pair with the quite popular idea that their interesting stuff is already done in 60's and 70's. Tattoo You marks the end of this classical and creative period. They will add some forced pieces from their 90's albums plus perhaps one or two from their new one to prove being still a living, that is, recording band. But the material of two lost great albums of the 80's, namely Undercover and Dirty Work, is totally neglected, mainly due the fact the albums never supported by a tour, and by that way, the songs were never had a change to be tried in live shows.

So what about revisiting the history a bit and giving those two albums a deserved place in the recorded history of The Rolling Stones by including some 'gems' from them to the set list... No?

- Doxa

Date: April 18, 2005 21:30

They dropped "One Hit" in 1989 because Keith couldnt master it live. If he wasnt up to playing it then, he sure isnt capable of doing so now. (in fact, they had great trouble with it in the studio as well...it took Jimmy Page to rescue it as Keith & Woody couldnt get the lead guitar part how they wanted it)

Date: April 19, 2005 15:04

Right Doxa. The two 80's albums would be great featured. But they won't do it IMO. I'd love to see them do "She was Hot", "had It Woth You", "Tie you up", "Feel on Baby", "Too Tough", "One Hit" and especially "Dirty Work" a very underrated rocker. That one is just begging to be done live. Those verses ROCK!

Date: April 19, 2005 15:47

Rocks Off is the "tour de Force"from the 72 tour.
It's a true shame that this song isn't included in the L&G footage.

Schuine
Soul survivor is played in chicago 1972 (source penthouse)

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: April 19, 2005 15:51

Regarding Rocks Off, I reckon the fact that the Stones dropped the tune after just the US '72, and the short Aussie Tour, goes to illustrate that the song can sometimes struggle live. It has some slow parts, and especially the vocals - tough song to sing! Only Jagger could do it on the '72 Tour....

The question should be : what classic will they bastardise on the coming Tour??

Concerned.

Esky

I respect women who can suck golf balls through a garden hose....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-19 16:29 by Esky.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home