Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Need help finding a poster!
Posted by: Mickjagg65 ()
Date: April 15, 2005 01:15

i saw a picture today of Keef staning next to a sign in big dark sunglasses. The sign read: Caution. A drug free america first. -or something along those lines. Does anyone know where i can by a poster of this picture? Its pretty awesome i gotta say.

Then I said Hi, like a spider to a fly...

Re: Need help finding a poster!
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: April 15, 2005 03:42

that's one of Keef's most infamous shots, I'm sure you can find it somewhere. I bought a t-shirt on the 2002 tour with that shot on the front of it. Rollingstones.com may have one I'm not sure.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 15, 2005 04:52

I think that will probably be the easisiet shirt/poster to find. Very big shot. E-bay, any one of thje main Stones sites with a store.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 15, 2005 15:42

I've got a mousepad with that picture on it. Also in one of the books I've got. If you'll e-mail me, I'll try to get a copy to you.

Scotty

sbking@sowega.net

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-15 15:43 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 15, 2005 15:48

the original photo comes from Bob Greenfield's fantastic "Journey through America" book on the 1972 tour. Cant remember who took the pic. probably one of the top rock photographers from that era like Bob Gruen etc

It was definitely available as a t-shirt on the last tour.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 15, 2005 16:43

But isnt also this from a sequence in Co*ksucker Blues-movie while KeesterĀ“s leaning against the wall and that sign - I remember it as an airport & the staff behind the desk went half-nuts while recognizin Keef, either at a check-in desk our customs or slt.
Of course someone took the very shot; anyone who knows who? Is it Gruen?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1990
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home