Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie back in rehab
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 14, 2005 12:15

According to The Sun Wood is in an Irish clinic after he started drinking at his wife JO's 50th birthday party.

His spokesman says, "Ronnie has gone to get some rest, chill out and get himself in top shape before the forthcoming Rolling Stones tour which kicks off later this year (05).

It seems it's impossible for him to stay sober. Poor Ronnie.

Re: Ronnie back in rehab
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: April 14, 2005 12:38

Yeah, it is a sad thing if you have that kind of problems. i'll hope he can recover!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: April 14, 2005 13:53

He'll stay sober when he REALLY wants to, sounds like he hasn't got there yet. He's flirting with death.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 14, 2005 15:47

A shame really. He played pretty good on his ronnie & friends gig.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 14, 2005 15:59

I always wonder what Mick's wrath is? We can't have this.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 14, 2005 16:25

Stop bloomin panicking!
He's probably just slipped of the wagon during his missus' birthday bash and has gone to sort it out in rehab.
At least he's in rehab and not doing a 'besty'!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 14, 2005 17:46

He's just topping up for the tour. It's becoming a ritual with him. Not to worry. RW really doesn't take his disease seriously - that's pretty evident. There's no "in between" with alcoholism, any the man just can't face/admit that.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 14, 2005 18:09

When was her Bday? Maybe this is the real reason he hasn't been involved in the album. It's true he does this every tour but it's no long term solution.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: April 14, 2005 18:15

What about Keith's drinking - has he stopped or?

Posted by: Smalltowns ()
Date: April 14, 2005 18:30

look at the interviews on the licks dvd! There's a glass near keith all the time!

Posted by: RN ()
Date: April 14, 2005 19:03

There is a lot of attitude with Keith. He has two well-educated daughters and they aren't to be modeled on a drinker, aren't they ? Keith is a family man. He's a reader and even a historian (Look at "Home with books").He accepted an order by Guggenheim Museum and broke his ribs...
Just sometimes he goes on the road with his mates, that's what we call on tour with "greatest R'n'R Band" ever - the next is hopefully coming soon !

RN

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: April 14, 2005 19:41

Ablett!

Stop bloomin panicking!
He's probably just slipped of the wagon during his missus' birthday bash and has gone to sort it out in rehab.
At least he's in rehab and not doing a 'besty'!

This comment is so pinpoint! Great thought man! I agree totally!

HJofSweden

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: April 14, 2005 20:04

This is assuming the Sun is correct. Maybe they are wrong and he is at home drinking coffee and laughing at everyone who doubts him.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 14, 2005 20:17

Again, any time Keith tells you that you have a substance abuse problem, you'd better listen. This parallels Gregg Allman firing Dickie Betts for drug problems!! Could be the Leavell connection. He gets blamed for everything else from Keith's lack of playing to the hike in gas prices!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2005 21:52

Maybe Ronnie needs to start painting to get his mind off the drinking. It's an uphill battle for him it seems. Most artists I know who quit drugs and/or drinking plunge straight into their artwork with a vengeance and never look back. Their art is their therapy. Ronnie seems to be confused about all this...is he a painter? Or is he a drug and alcohol infested rock and roller? Or is he a drunken painter who plays guitar with the Stones as a side job. Or is he a half-assed guitar player with the Stones who drinks and wastes time painting pictures?

In reality, he really should be focused on his guitar playing and the legacy of the Stones at this crucial point in the Stones history.
What a shame. I hope he can figure it all out before he ruins this tour as he has done in the past.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 14, 2005 23:13

Given its true, it´s very sad.
I have many friends in this rat trap.
Unfortunately, 90% of them doesnt ever break out.
Thin of ol´ Phil Lynott (who never won the struggle):
"(I´ve) Got To Give It Up... That Stuff... "
He´s destroying his body, Woody, never makes it to 60
if he cant put away the poison at times.
- We´re with you, Ronnie!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 15, 2005 00:37

Wishing Ronnie all the best, his health is most important now. I am curious though what his friends and family did at the party when they saw him drinking again. Did they just let him go on? They should know about his situation and the dangers by now.

- Koen.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 15, 2005 00:53

Ronnie himself has stated in the last couple of years that he isn't completely avoiding alcohol - that alone tells you all you need to know.

Date: April 15, 2005 10:56

The kind of environments Ronnie seemingly is frequenting
may not be the best with a person with disposition for alcohol addictance.
(Sorry for too many no rock-'n'-roll-ish words; but I´m a scholar at daytime.)

I see very rare occasions when friends or family stoppped an alcoholic from destroying himself & killing himself slowly... What you c a n do: as a friend: Take away his car-keys when he wants to drive drunk; Be interested, take your time, accept him (or her) but turn your back as distinct as possible to the drinking. Never show disgust. Alcoholics are like little babies. As a partner: No idea. Perhaps the same things like when you´re a friend: Show love, respect AND be clear towards drinking. Most alcoholics shouldnt have friends, family members, or partners that drink; but astonishingly often this is the case. To show solidarity and avoid drinking yourself is a natural to do if you want to stop someone from drinking.

What Mick/Keefster maybe could do is threatening him to be kicked out of the Stones; and maybe Keefster could stop beat Ronnie.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: April 15, 2005 11:24

from femalfirst.com

Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood Back In Rehab
April 14, 2005, 1:36:43
Rolling Stones

Ronnie Wood has been re-admitted to rehab after falling off the wagon.

The Rolling Stones star, who was attempting to quit drinking for the fourth time in five years, has reportedly checked into an Irish clinic after he started knocking back drinks at wife Jo's 50th birthday bash last month.

A source told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "Ronnie found it really hard watching friends and family drinking at Jo's party."
The 57-year-old guitarist, who has also battled addictions to drugs, is said to be undergoing intensive treatment in a bid to get fit in time for the Rolling Stones latest set of shows.

Insiders say the rock star has embarked on a tough new exercise regime with a personal trainer as well as treatment to wean him off alcohol, to get back in shape for the legendary group's forthcoming tour which kicks-off in August.

Earlier this week, the band, who have a combined age of 242, revealed their plans to hit the road again.

Singer Mick Jagger, 61, guitarist Keith Richards, 61, Charlie Watts, 63, and rhythm guitarist Ronnie, will launch the enormous stadium tour in Boston before staying on the road for around 12 months.

It is an astonishing 43 years since the legendary rockers - who are also releasing an as-yet untitled new album in the summer - first ever gig and rumours are rife it could be the band's last ever full tour.

A source revealed: "It's their biggest and best tour yet.

"People joke about them being wrinkly old blokes but they are still one the best groups live."

The wild band are also set to be the first act to play the London's newly redeveloped Wembley stadium, in June 2006 - just one month after it is completed.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 15, 2005 12:00

From what I hear, Ronnie's "admission" is pretty much a routine pre-tour precautionary measure and nothing to get alarmed about.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 15, 2005 12:10

Nice post, gazza. I am tired of gossips.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 15, 2005 12:44

The Sun trying to "shine".

Date: April 15, 2005 16:48

I´m with Gazza on this one two. Speaking for my last post I was just trying to squeeze in some humble wisdom from being with heavy alcofriends some 25 years.
Its like the so called bloodtransfusions Keefters were reckoned to go through back in the seventies.
Still; we ought worry for Mr. Wood almost 24 hours a day. But not because of the article.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2005 19:49

Gazza, I really hope your sources are reliable and that the story of Ronnie getting drunk and falling off the wagon again is nothing but typical British tabloid gossip.

No WOODY = GREAT STONES MUSIC, but REHAB IS 4 QUITERS
Posted by: nankerjones ()
Date: April 15, 2005 19:58

Drink on Ronnie and then we can get Mick Taylor back. HOORAY

Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 15, 2005 20:39

Well, and when does he think PLAYING on the new album ?

Date: April 16, 2005 02:42

wahwahwoody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gazza, I really hope your sources are reliable and
> that the story of Ronnie getting drunk and falling
> off the wagon again is nothing but typical British
> tabloid gossip.

I didnt say it didnt happen. But, from what I was told, its more a case of being a precautionary measure to get him into shape for the tour rather than a reaction to a serious lapse

Re: No WOODY = GREAT STONES MUSIC, but REHAB IS 4 QUITERS
Date: April 16, 2005 02:44

nankerjones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Drink on Ronnie and then we can get Mick Taylor
> back. HOORAY

well if the guy were to drop dead, no doubt that would make your day completely, you sick wánker.

PS - it still wont mean Mick Taylor coming back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-16 02:44 by Gazza.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2005 04:04

If Ronnie was unable to continue with the tour plans due to his alcoholism, and the decision for a replacement were up to Mick...we'd probably end up with some idiot such as Lenny Kravitz to replace him. God forbid.

Lets hope Ronnie can overcome his problems, I'd rather see him than anyone else at this point.

Mick Taylor is a shot in the dark and it would never happen in this lifetime, although it would definitely be intriguing and musically compelling, the fact is it ain't gonna happen.

Ronnie Be Good!!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home