Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Coverbands
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: April 13, 2005 23:17

Do you know some very good coverbands?

I know only one: Tumbling Dice from Germany

Re: Stones Coverbands
Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: April 13, 2005 23:23

Yeah, Flip the Switch from the Netherlands are really great.

[members.chello.nl]

Posted by: phillies1222 ()
Date: April 14, 2005 04:41

There's a band called Shattered that is very good. They play in Philly all the time, I try to see them whenever I can.

Raise your glass to the good and the evil, Let's drink to the salt of the earth.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 14, 2005 05:14

Tragically Hip

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: April 14, 2005 11:39

"Tumbling Dice" from the south of Holland.

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: April 14, 2005 11:44

All coverbands I heard so far suck big time because noone sings like Mick. Some of those cover-Micks even don´t speak proper english so it sounds ridiculous. Sometimes the musicians are good, but the singer is always the problem.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 14, 2005 12:07

I saw 2 german bands, whose names I can't remember and a english band called Railing Staines.
There's a french band called Satisfaction that really ain't bad at all.
Still, as close as any of these bands can get, it ain't the real thing.

As far as I'm concerned, even if I sometimes go out to see a cover band, I find it less frustrating to watch a real Stones DVD at home than see cover/tribute bands.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: April 14, 2005 12:37

Flip The Switch is every bit as good as the Stones. You can close your eyes and hear songs as done in 1969, 1973, 1975, and the recent tours, depending on the song they do. Their lead singer injects a hint of Axel Rose with his Mick Jagger, but he is much younger than Mick, so his voice is more powerful. The guitars are perfect.

Date: April 14, 2005 15:31

Yes, in Norway there are four that I know of. Best one's probably The Rolling Clones (Bergen-based), including the legendary Bård Ose, whose Stones-book is brilliant.
Then there's Midnight Ramblers (Stavanger-based), who've made a habbit out of opening their shows with @#$%& Blues. They're hillarious!

Wazoo (based in Horten, just outside Oslo) are ok. Front-man is a Jagger-clone. Technically brilliant, but stage appearance a bit boring.

Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boys (Hoenefoss) have the costumes, the right instruments, amps etc, but technically and vocally, they lack a bit. Fun to watch, though. LBB&TBB have two annual happenings in Hoenefoss, at a club called Aldred's. April 22nd is comming up. Be there!
Safe journey! Don't smash your sports cars or penis enlargers!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 14, 2005 17:27

There is a great coverband in London called "The Rollin' Stoned". They are really cool, have an elaborate stage set with loads of rugs, throws, incense and other stones stuff in a nod to the REAL band. Great sound and the setlists are always interesting. They play at the 'Halfmoon' in Putney, London (a legendary small venue in SW London, hosted the stones get together in May 2000 for Keiths bodyguards wake (i was there!!)) every 2 or 3 months, as well as all over England.

I have seen them many times, and they all have hilarious names: Mick Jaguar, Keith Wretched and Bill Wy-Mandy? !!!!!

Mick even has a costume change half way through!

Great fun...

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: April 14, 2005 18:03

I know Crazy Mama,Stoned and Voodoo Lounge, all italians .
The singer of Crazy Mama is the guitar player of Bandabardò (italians very good band, in these days play in Madrid and Barcelona, next in France).
iF SOMEBODY WANT TRADE DVDS OF COVERS-BAND,send me e-mail
Onlystones
onlystones@virgilio.it

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: April 14, 2005 19:15

Blushing Brides, the best bar none. Have been in business for ever.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 14, 2005 21:47

2 UK bands are the Counterfeit Stones and the Rollin Stoned. The guy that plays Brian Jones left the Counterfeits to start up the Rollin Stoned. They're both really good, great fun. Don't take themselves too seriously and they replicate the songs very very well in my opinion. They both have websites, worth looking at for a profile of the names/faces behind the wigs etc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home