Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Peter rides again to fight MS
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 28, 2013 23:02

Hello Stonesfriends,

Our fellow Stonesfan Peter den Hartog will get on his bike again to raise money to fight MS. Below you will find his personal message with a link to his personal page where you can make a donation. I hope you can spend a few bucks to this good cause. Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Some were already worried that I was not going to ride Waves to Wine this year. Well, I am happy to announce that I AM riding this year!
Last year's ride ended in disappointment when I had to give up during the 2nd day of the ride after ~120 miles (of 150) with a knee injury which kept me off the bike for about half a year. I'm happy to say I am riding again and so far so good. No knee problems yet. Therefore, I am determined to finish off what I could not do last year. One-hundred-and-fifty miles! I will be more careful though, I don't want to repeat last year's experience.
Being injured actually made me even more engaged with the situation people with MS have to face EVERY DAY. They can not do what they wish, because their body can not handle it. It is frustrating.
Therefore, I would like to ask you if you would support me again this year.
Our team, The Super Slugs, have raised over $10,000 last year, now adding up to over $26,000 since 2010. This makes our team SUPER FUNDRAISERS! These two amazing milestones would not have been possible WITHOUT YOU! All members of our team are deeply grateful for your support.
The goal of our team this year is to raise $15,000. My personal goal is $1,500. Any donation is more than welcome. Big leaps and baby steps contribute significantly to the larger goal.

Best regards,
Peter den Hartog

Click below to visit my personal page.
[main.nationalmssociety.org]

Click below to view the team page for Super Slugs

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: OT: Peter rides again to fight MS
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 29, 2013 03:52

God Bless the ride...MS sucks

Date: August 10, 2013 10:04

So far Peter has raised $895, which is 59% of his original goal $1,500
I would love to see him reach his goal. Sure hope you can spare a few bucks for this good cause.

-------------------

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 10, 2013 15:49

Ride on, Peter

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 10, 2013 16:37

Good luck and Best Wishes on your ride for such a good and worthy cause,Peter. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 10, 2013 19:08

Good luck on your ride Peter, may it be cool and dry for you.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: August 10, 2013 21:23

r

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-11 03:59 by MILKYWAY.

Date: September 6, 2013 16:24

Two weeks before the start, and Peter's counter has reached 83% which is $1,255.
So he only needs another $245 to reach his goal.
No problem though when he gets more smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 6, 2013 16:49

Keep fighting the good fight! I've got severe RA, which isn't very far away from MS in some ways. It's no picnic. I had chemo therapy yesterday & I'm down for the count probably until sometime Monday. Juggling that & a pretty intense job is tricky but I refuse to give up until I absolutely have to. Really appreciate all you people's good work.>grinning smiley<

Date: September 7, 2013 01:47

Being ill always sucks Chuck. Sure hope you can cope.

-------------------

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 7, 2013 10:21

Rolling Hansie
Being ill always sucks Chuck. Sure hope you can cope.
Thanks Hansie. I'm hanging in. I got my tenacious streak from my maternal grandmother. She was supposed to be on limited time when I was born & lasted until I was 30. She was a tough old lady, may she rest in peace. I really try to keep a positive attitude about the whole thing. Its half the battle. Thanks again for your good work.

Date: September 12, 2013 16:39

Yesterday I got a new e-mail from Peter:

Hi all,
just a quick note in advance of the 2013 Waves to Wine ride. Time is flying so fast. In nine day's I'll be on my 100-mile ride.
To start of, fund raising is going amazingly. Thank you all for your support! My personal counter is at $1255, which is not far from the $1500 goal. You are all amazing. If you still want to support, it's not too late. Just click on the link below this mail and you'll get to my personal page and take it from there. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.
So $1255 sounds really good, but let's put this in a bigger picture of our team, The Super Slugs. Our team is a few dollars short of $17,000, which is a new team record. We dropped out of the top 15 top raising teams as we are only with 14 Slugs and are overtaken by the big teams. However, considering our size and that there are 192 teams. I am really proud of our team.
I'm quite a bit less on my bike than I'd like to be, but training goes well and efficient. I'm at my desired weight and I feel in shape. Last weekend I had a test ride (without going in the red) riding up mt Tam (15km). I was about 4 minutes faster than I ever did. So that feels really good. Next weekend I'll ride around Lake Tahoe, which will be my long-distance test.
Thanks again and I'll be in touch after the ride.
Peter

Click below to visit my personal page.

Click below to view the team page for Super Slugs

-------------------

Date: September 29, 2013 11:51

He made it. $1,505.00

-------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home