Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Eagles stage
Posted by: birdie ()
Date: July 28, 2013 18:22

Thinking of getting Eagle tickets for MSG in November and the seats are on the side of the stage closer to the rear. Has anyone seen their show this year? If so can you tell me if it is an open stage? Just wondering if there is a restricted view from the side? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: OT: Eagles stage
Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: July 28, 2013 19:31

I saw the show in MA. A great show... 3 hours, 27 songs... Bernie Leadon plays on about 1/2 the songs. I am going to one of the MSG shows on a VIP package.
As far as side stage seating - check YT vid below- It appears to be shot from second level.

Check this link- scroll a little of the way down and you'll see some side stage obstruction; I am not sure what it is nor can I say it would affect your sightline.

[www.eaglesonlinecentral.com]

Honestly, I'd check Stubhub or another reseller too, Or perhaps sit in the 200s at MSG- they have seats in 4th row on 200 level 2 sections away from stage. They look to be the best. Good luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-28 19:31 by steverogan.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 28, 2013 19:42

Though millions will disagree with me.....I think the Eagles are and have been horrible for virtually their whole career.

Their initial California kind-of-country-ish sound was the poppy version of what others had developed, but was listenable. But after that, no thanks.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 28, 2013 22:44

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: July 28, 2013 23:55

buffalo7478
Though millions will disagree with me.....I think the Eagles are and have been horrible for virtually their whole career.

Their initial California kind-of-country-ish sound was the poppy version of what others had developed, but was listenable. But after that, no thanks.

And how does this help birdie?

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: July 29, 2013 02:19

I've had side stage tickets before, i.e. Springsteen and they usually turn out to be great seats. For one thing you get a nicely different perspective. For another you are usually very close. Thirdly your ears won't get the usual damage. You actually feel like you're on stage with the band instead of out in the audience with the punters. Stage right will be the "new" guitarist and Joe Walsh. Stage left will be Timothy B. Schmidt and Glenn Frey. The Eagles always have a very open stage. I wouldn't imagine there will be a any equipment or such in your way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-29 02:20 by Bungo.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 29, 2013 03:44

buffalo7478

You've got a lot of living to do...but thanks for this invaluable post...

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 29, 2013 05:25

Jah Paul
buffalo7478

LOL true. Other than maybe nudging him to save the money and skip the Eagles and support better music! It won't be hard to find more passionate music, played by more deserving musicians. (can you tell I really don't like The Eagles?).

But enjoy the show Birdie.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 29, 2013 05:34

buffalo7478

Wait you live in the same hometown as The Goo Goo Dolls. I wouldn't complain.

Posted by: DD ()
Date: July 29, 2013 12:30

buffalo7478
Jah Paul
buffalo7478

LOL true. Other than maybe nudging him to save the money and skip the Eagles and support better music! It won't be hard to find more passionate music, played by more deserving musicians. (can you tell I really don't like The Eagles?).

I'm sorry, but I simply must chime in in support of Buffalo 7478.

I could never, in all the field of public entertainments over the centuries and millenia, conceive of any act who inspire in me such feelings of aggravation, dislike, annoyance, disenchantment and downright hostility as The Eagles. Then I watched the recent documentary film about them on television one night, and each of those feelings multiplied infinitely and without measure.

I do not wish to be negative, but that band get to me like no other. Don't even get me started on Frey and Henley.

Good day to all,

Declan

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 29, 2013 13:11

Yes,Declan and buffalo,but how does this help birdie?
It's totally irrelevant to what he or she wants to know. eye rolling smiley

Anyway birdie,I hope your seats are really good and you have a great time at the show. winking smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 29, 2013 13:34

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: July 29, 2013 16:25

in the documentary,henley is the voice of the eagles, he comes across so so in the interviews. timothy b. and walsh have there lips firmly placed on Henley and freys ass,frey comes across as a low life piece of shit, god bless meisner,ur vocals on take it to the limit awesome then u got the hell away from those 2 egomaniacs, don felder best guitarist they ever had

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: July 29, 2013 16:39

Eagles = LA Filthiness and cynical exploitation of my ears

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-29 16:40 by SKILLS.

Date: July 29, 2013 16:40

steverogan
I saw the show in MA. A great show... 3 hours, 27 songs... Bernie Leadon plays on about 1/2 the songs. I am going to one of the MSG shows on a VIP package.
As far as side stage seating - check YT vid below- It appears to be shot from second level.

Check this link- scroll a little of the way down and you'll see some side stage obstruction; I am not sure what it is nor can I say it would affect your sightline.

Honestly, I'd check Stubhub or another reseller too, Or perhaps sit in the 200s at MSG- they have seats in 4th row on 200 level 2 sections away from stage. They look to be the best. Good luck.

I like some of the Eagles's stuff, but this was downright horrible, imo.

I know they can do better, btw smiling smiley

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 29, 2013 16:46

Didn't know Leadon was playing with them

Date: July 29, 2013 17:11

buffalo7478
Though millions will disagree with me.....I think the Eagles are and have been horrible for virtually their whole career

No disagreement here! smiling smiley

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 29, 2013 17:27

I want to show my wife and son how a Fascist Dictatorship works. So, if anyone has a few extra tickets for The Eagles tonight let me know.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: July 29, 2013 17:33

This recent review/article might be of interest to some.

[www.onstagemagazine.com]

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 29, 2013 17:48

Roscoe

Leadon left early in the show and returned late...article says "more Eagles weirdness"

or is it Henley/Frey weirdness?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 29, 2013 19:48

Roscoe

This is one of the best "reviews" I have ever read!
Thanks for posting it.
Stones' content too!

Sad, sad, sad.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: July 29, 2013 19:49

its good to be anywhere
buffalo7478
Though millions will disagree with me.....I think the Eagles are and have been horrible for virtually their whole career

No disagreement here! smiling smiley

Agreed!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 29, 2013 19:50

the weird think about the documentary was that glenn fry comes across as more of a d@#k than don henley.all this time i thought don henley was the biggest jerk!!!

Posted by: R ()
Date: July 29, 2013 20:17

TheGreek
the weird think about the documentary was that glenn fry comes across as more of a d@#k than don henley.all this time i thought don henley was the biggest jerk!!!

They were about even in the d@#khead department in my observation.

Date: July 29, 2013 21:02

DandelionPowderman
steverogan

?

The song was actually a Joe Walsh solo song. Have you seen the show or any show the Eagles have done in the last 15 years? We all have different tastes, on this board we are Stones fans and share that in common. IMO the Eagles put on one of the best shows, they sound great, don't f&ck up any solos with drunk players on stage, play for 3 hours and approximately 27 songs.

I like them and so do millions of others--. My post was intended for a person who asked a question about the stage.

Birdie asked a question about a stage set up. I responded to the question. Why the f&ck do a$$holes have to chime in with unhelpful nonsense?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 29, 2013 21:13

TheGreek

I always thought they were both equal, but agree Frey certainly comes off as the bigger jerk in that documentary.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 29, 2013 21:19

DD
buffalo7478
Jah Paul
buffalo7478

I'm sorry, but I simply must chime in in support of Buffalo 7478.

I could never, in all the field of public entertainments over the centuries and millenia, conceive of any act who inspire in me such feelings of aggravation, dislike, annoyance, disenchantment and downright hostility as The Eagles. Then I watched the recent documentary film about them on television one night, and each of those feelings multiplied infinitely and without measure.

I do not wish to be negative, but that band get to me like no other. Don't even get me started on Frey and Henley.

Good day to all,

Declan

They still harmonize like no other band...great vocals. However I'd agree the earlier country-rock stuff was very enjoyable. They lost me when they tried to turn pure Rock with Hotel California. But having them twice with Felder after they all reunited, I wouldn't discourage anyone from seeing them, was a good show; although I was very surprised how good Felder really was...I wonder how much that really affects their sound these days as I believe the replacement was the guy who played with the Who alongside Townshend for a while. Although I still think they did Felder dirty...

Date: July 29, 2013 21:52

steverogan
DandelionPowderman
steverogan

?

The song was actually a Joe Walsh solo song. Have you seen the show or any show the Eagles have done in the last 15 years? We all have different tastes, on this board we are Stones fans and share that in common. IMO the Eagles put on one of the best shows, they sound great, don't f&ck up any solos with drunk players on stage, play for 3 hours and approximately 27 songs.

I like them and so do millions of others--. My post was intended for a person who asked a question about the stage.

Birdie asked a question about a stage set up. I responded to the question. Why the f&ck do a$$holes have to chime in with unhelpful nonsense?

A s shole? Really?

As I said, I like some of their songs (and I like Walsh in particular).

I was curious of how they sound now. The Eagles of today sound too sterile and generic to me. This version was sloppy as well.

I'm sure you can take an opinion about this, without calling me an a s shole. However, if you wanna play that game, make no mistake you'll have to find a new user name.

I suggest you chill it, dramatically...

Date: July 29, 2013 22:30

DandelionPowderman
steverogan
DandelionPowderman
steverogan

?

A s shole? Really?

As I said, I like some of their songs (and I like Walsh in particular).

I was curious of how they sound now. The Eagles of today sound too sterile and generic to me. This version was sloppy as well.

I'm sure you can take an opinion about this, without calling me an a s shole. However, if you wanna play that game, make no mistake you'll have to find a new user name.

I suggest you chill it, dramatically...

I suggest you read my post.. I said "a$$holeS. There have been several moronic responses to a question a person asked. Offering opinions about a group rather than focus on the question. You saw a YT video- taken from a poor location, with a poor camera and poor microphone, that offers little in terms of the overall production. Have you seen the Eagles live? On this tour? I have seen their tours since 1980.The show is played impeccably and they actually take some risks and do some stuff differently in terms of stripping down arrangements and stage production overall. The format includes some short story telling done by each member and very well played music. I was not singling you out. I was referring to all of the people on a board who, regardless of what a topic is, feel the need to express to the world their OT opinion. "Chilling"? I'm cool.. try "reading for comprehension and placing one post in context to many 101" to get a grasp of what is intended. btw- once you read the entire thread you will see other posts asking "how does your comment help answer birdie's question.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: July 29, 2013 22:56

Very poor band. Super boring

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home