Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1975 Tour of America - LA Forum
Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: July 26, 2013 21:13

[framework.latimes.com]

Interesting to see Bobby Keyes on the 75 Tour of A, I thought he got the boot for many years after missing a 1973 gig?

Re: 1975 Tour of America - LA Forum
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 26, 2013 22:55

Well alright Bobby! That is a surprise...I don't think he mentioned it in his book. Probably a one off like Hampton...

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: July 26, 2013 23:01

In some of those pictures it looks like Mick is missing some teeth! I also like the one of Mick giving Keith a massage! , He'd never do that now..............

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: July 27, 2013 03:14

Unfortunately, Bobby was accepted back into the fold rather quickly. I have no idea as to why. From the articles and books that mention Bobby, he comes across as an immature ass.

I have a bootleg LP set of the whole show. I will have to give it a spin.

Posted by: astsu ()
Date: July 27, 2013 09:12

vincentwhirlwind
In some of those pictures it looks like Mick is missing some teeth! I also like the one of Mick giving Keith a massage! , He'd never do that now..............
The Guy who gets the massage is Ron not Keith !

Date: July 27, 2013 10:06

Bobby played selected shows in 75, 78 and 81, before he was hired for the 82 tour.

He was back in the band permanently in 1989.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 27, 2013 12:11

I have a dvd of this show. Everything is played really fast!winking smiley I met Bobby. Very nice & personable man. His book, while not on a par with "Life", is a fun read. There are a few "fuzzy" facts. For instance, he says Stevie Wonder had just put out "Songs in the Key of Life" when he opened in 1972. Well....maybe if someone had a time machine & blasted into the future. 1972 was "Music of My Mind" & "Talking Bood". Quite a year! Wish I could see more (& better quality) footage of the Stevie jamming with the Stones. That little bit in "CS Blues" is quite good.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 27, 2013 20:15

MILKYWAY
Unfortunately, Bobby was accepted back into the fold rather quickly. I have no idea as to why. From the articles and books that mention Bobby, he comes across as an immature ass.

Please explain which Stone is NOT an immature ass Mr. Milk...

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 28, 2013 04:34

Charlie Watts does not appear to be an immature ass.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: July 28, 2013 04:40

Munichhilton

EDIT: What ab said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-28 04:44 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: August 14, 2013 05:00

Just read Keyes book, interesting read, the memory is a little fuzzy but some interesting thoughts on his part, too bad he never said much about Mick Taylor. Sounds like him and Nicky Hopkins were quite a pair....

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 14, 2013 22:59

MILKYWAY

bobby is cool and a good player but only avoided the scrap heap because he was keiths friend.
his problem seems to be that like alot of other people who hang with keith,he takes on some of keiths traits and attitudes.which means doing and saying alot of stupid shit and wondering why people get upset with you.

he got junked out and left DURING a tour,yet when he returned years later mick asked him"what are you doing here"he just said "keith invited me" and jagger just walked away-

how about an "im sorry,i blew it.i wont let you down again"-he just said oh mick is cool toward me and ignores me"-no shit dumbass.maybe saying that to the guy[jagger] who,on stu's advice, brought you into the fold in the first place wouldve have helped.

he also has an annoying habit of repeating keiths tried and true lines like a parrot."mick began hanging with high society,the princess radizwell crowd while keith was hanging with terry southern,people like that"

sure bobby, jagger hung out with alot of people-you just forgot to mention stevie ray vaughn,bob marley,peter tosh,david bowie,lou reed,andy warhol...

but all in all keys is a perfect sideman,he does what he's told and he's laid down some great stuff over the years.its better to have him there than not.

Date: August 14, 2013 23:14

MILKYWAY
Munichhilton

EDIT: What ab said.

Unfortunately?

Yep, Charlie was really mature in the 80s...

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 15, 2013 00:44

charlie was fine during the 80s-the whole band was in great shape and ready to tour.
the only problem was that mick jagger messed everything up because he wanted to become a star as a solo artist like prince and michael jackson- i thought everyone knew that.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 15, 2013 01:06

Charlie was in terrible shape for a while, having by the release of Dirty Work just completed his drug-fueled mid-life crisis. In the Dirty Work promo photo below, he looks like he's about ready to fall asleep.... or nod off. Likewise on the album cover. At that time also, Bill Wyman began expressing his mid-life crisis through a 13-year-old girl.

It's probably for the best that the band didn't keep as busy at that time, so that various members could get their issues sorted out beneath the radar of excessive public scrutiny, otherwise the band might have imploded publicly and permanently and never regrouped to take the stage again....

....Hey, doesn't it look like Keith appears twice in that photo? That doesn't look like Ron Wood between Keith and Mick--that's Keith's doppelgänger....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 15, 2013 01:21

Ghiselle and Rudy Gelenbach and further proof that girls always strike a match the wrong way ----- 9 July 1975

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 15, 2013 05:24

stonehearted
Charlie was in terrible shape for a while, having by the release of Dirty Work just completed his drug-fueled mid-life crisis. In the Dirty Work promo photo below, he looks like he's about ready to fall asleep.... or nod off. Likewise on the album cover. At that time also, Bill Wyman began expressing his mid-life crisis through a 13-year-old girl.

It's probably for the best that the band didn't keep as busy at that time, so that various members could get their issues sorted out beneath the radar of excessive public scrutiny, otherwise the band might have imploded publicly and permanently and never regrouped to take the stage again....

....Hey, doesn't it look like Keith appears twice in that photo? That doesn't look like Ron Wood between Keith and Mick--that's Keith's doppelgänger....

Why is Mick touching his nipple?

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 15, 2013 05:58

crholmstrom
I have a dvd of this show. Everything is played really fast!winking smiley I met Bobby. Very nice & personable man. His book, while not on a par with "Life", is a fun read. There are a few "fuzzy" facts. For instance, he says Stevie Wonder had just put out "Songs in the Key of Life" when he opened in 1972. Well....maybe if someone had a time machine & blasted into the future. 1972 was "Music of My Mind" & "Talking Bood". Quite a year! Wish I could see more (& better quality) footage of the Stevie jamming with the Stones. That little bit in "CS Blues" is quite good.

You'd think editors would catch that. Patty Boyd in her book has George on tour in February of 1967. I'm sure she meant he was in the studio a lot, but he wasn't "on tour."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2109
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home