Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Back--to your roots--Rolling Stones
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: April 11, 2005 23:43

i hope that the new Album brings the STONES back to Rhythm and Blues. back in the early sixties where they did a lot of great songs. "Empty heart"--Michigan Avenue--Confession the blues----and so on and on. That was the Era of them.
I cant understand why the most of you prefer the 68-72 times. "Exile shocked me---if i heard the album the first time..Sure--I bought all their Albums, but still i think ---back to your roots. Live---they are--UNBEAT.
So , i really hope--they find the way back to the Blues---and 2 or three great Rockers.

Re: Back--to your roots--Rolling Stones
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 12, 2005 20:34

i think they will..... but more 2000's sound too it. i think the new tracks from the 40 licks c.d...kind of sounded like their old stuff... don't stop/come on.
i hope the new album is more to their roots or at least to be more like jumping jack flash/brown sugar type!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 12, 2005 21:24

You can't understand why most of us pick 68-72?

68-72 is the essence of the stones. If you don't like that era, you can't be a fan of the ultimate stonessound surely. That's the reason why they are still here (and the return to form on Some Girls).

Before and after that era a lot of classic albums were recorded by the Stones but never a better one.

When I first heard Exile I wasn't very impressed with it either. But after all these years it really became their best album (alongside Let It Bleed).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-12 21:30 by BowieStone.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: April 13, 2005 01:31

To bowiestone

dont understand Why you cant accept--That my Fav. Stones years were from6 63-66

Sure---B.B. L.i.b. S.f. E.m S--are Great albums

Im 52 and a real Stones-Fan.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: April 13, 2005 05:17

Like what you like.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 13, 2005 11:02

No, I can accept that your favorite stones era is 63-66.

But it's a bit silly for you to not understand why most fans prefer 68-72. I think you do understand.

Surely your a stonesfan. I was talking 'bout the definitive stonessound. To me that is especially 68-72.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 13, 2005 22:28

Hell, I like Black and Blue.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: April 13, 2005 23:12

The Stones will never sound like in the 60s, 70s, 80s again because they hardly repeated themselves. They know that a lot of fans already died since the early days and they also need new folks to buy their stuff. So tey will sound like the Stones 2005 (surely with some retro sounds but necessarily like today). And I think that's pretty okay!

Think about your future, stop livin' in the past (Sweethearts Together)

Posted by: midrambler ()
Date: April 14, 2005 00:24

All we need is a new album soon!!!

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 14, 2005 00:31

Frankly,
I hope they come out with a completely "new" sound. Nearly everytime they have done that( Beggars, IORR, Some Girls, Tattoo You, Voodoo) they produce a great product. I would like to see a new era for the Stones vs. the end of the Stones (which this album could be).

Keith of course is completely straight

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home