Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 19
Re: Number One Spot Yet Again!
Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 26, 2013 03:24

#3 in uk and USA isn't bad either.......wonder what the amount of downloads is

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 26, 2013 04:27

The album is expected to sell 12-15k in the US, enough for a Top 25-30 chart debut on Billboard next week, not bad at all for an exclusive download album and 100 times better than all their previous downloads albums from the last two years (none made the US or UK Top 200)

In the UK the album is expected to make the Top 20 too according to Midweeks.

Re: Hyde Park Live on ITUNES now
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 26, 2013 09:21

Managed to copy on to cd and mp3 player, so quite happy about that.

Vocals do see to be down in doom and gloom.

Emotional rescue is the one i thought i would not like but it is growing on me and reminds me of when they did rain falls down at a concert and felt quite funky.

Date: July 26, 2013 11:20

Kleerie, there aren't overdubs on SMU. Only an edit.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 26, 2013 13:19

georgelicks
The album is expected to sell 12-15k in the US, enough for a Top 25-30 chart debut on Billboard next week, not bad at all for an exclusive download album and 100 times better than all their previous downloads albums from the last two years (none made the US or UK Top 200)

In the UK the album is expected to make the Top 20 too according to Midweeks.

This is interesting. Could be some effect for future releases as well. The moral is: better to release the stuff as quickly as possible when the heat is on, that is, in this particular case,the world still full of Hyde Park hype. It could also indicate that the time for CD live releases is gone. Too slow processes to get the stuff to shops for our hectic time.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-26 13:21 by Doxa.

Date: July 26, 2013 13:25

Good news, and well-deserved. There aren't that many good live albums out there now.

Date: July 26, 2013 13:54

Love the version of paint it black

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: July 26, 2013 14:01

I haven't been a big fan of current day Stones but this is very, very good. I am looking forward to the DVD.

Date: July 26, 2013 14:24

First time I heard wish I never met you in 1990 I became a fan of modern day stones

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: July 26, 2013 14:37

The fossils here need to understand that they can't hear a difference between music purchased from iTunes Music Store and a CD from the same source. Here's my answer in advance for each reply claiming they can - it's an irrationality in your head, not your ears.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 26, 2013 14:52

Good one, Rambo!smiling smiley

Posted by: AP ()
Date: July 26, 2013 15:02

studiorambo
The fossils here need to understand that they can't hear a difference between music purchased from iTunes Music Store and a CD from the same source. Here's my answer in advance for each reply claiming they can - it's an irrationality in your head, not your ears.

Well if you burn lossy stuff to a CD then it would not become lossless as a result smiling smiley So there will be no difference indeed.

Many people still buy CDs not because of the quality, but since they need a material object to fully enjoy it. Well maybe that could be called irrationality as well, I dunno smiling smiley

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 26, 2013 15:06

Big Al
I'm guessing that most of the iPod/iTunes haters here, are over 50, or at least, approaching middle age.

I'm under 50 (late 30s) - and have never downloaded music....this will be a first for me!

After reading all the positive reviews and realising this might not be released as a physical product, I'm going to venture into the unknown and make this my first music download! Bit nervous because I have no clue but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it (with help from a friend who does know what to do).

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 26, 2013 15:21

MarthaTuesday

I'm under 50 (late 30s) - and have never downloaded music....this will be a first for me!

After reading all the positive reviews and realising this might not be released as a physical product, I'm going to venture into the unknown and make this my first music download! Bit nervous because I have no clue but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it (with help from a friend who does know what to do).

I was a little reluctant to jump on the iTunes bandwagon myself, and it was only fairly recently that I was actually using the system to download music: I was either still purchasing CD's before loading them on to the computer or downloading from amazon. I don't have access to my CD collection at present and am currently residing in a country where their amazon has no downloadable music. iTunes is pretty damn invaluable to me right now!

Date: July 26, 2013 15:29

Big Al
I was a little reluctant to jump on the iTunes bandwagon myself, and it was only fairly recently that I was actually using the system to download music: I was either still purchasing CD's before loading them on to the computer or downloading from amazon. I don't have access to my CD collection at present and am currently residing in a country where their amazon has no downloadable music. iTunes is pretty damn invaluable to me right now!

I'm sure I'll catch on quickly enough. I've never been good at embracing change but once I do I usually adapt pretty quickly.

Good point about ease of access for downloaded music. I've moved a number of times in the past 10 years and much of my CD (and vinyl) collection is in storage.

I'm definitely looking forward to hearing this Hyde Park recording!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 26, 2013 15:30

MarthaTuesday
Big Al
I'm guessing that most of the iPod/iTunes haters here, are over 50, or at least, approaching middle age.

Big Al may well be right...

...We're the ones old enough to remember what recorded music should sound like ;^)

That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed the perfectly listenable Hyde Park download ...but if only there were an analogue master and an LP set winking smiley

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: July 26, 2013 16:56

studiorambo

If you mean burning iTunes tracks on a CD, that's right there will be no differences.

There will be a difference if the source for the CD is lossless (flac, alac, wav...).

Unfortunately we're not given a choice for the moment as the only source available are the lossy iTunes tracks.

Posted by: wolfmeister ()
Date: July 26, 2013 17:11

TeddyB1018

I have made records, both as artist and producer.

*sigh*

look mate, the Stones play black soul/blues music, which has body & bass. The iTunes mix curve is more like for a prestine jazz trio. everything falls away from 1-2k steeply & it has no bottom end at all, but then you analysed the eq curve didn't you?

Get the original itunes 'You cant always get what you want'. turn it up & listen.

now compare it to this matrix adding in some live recording source:

(realtime 320k mp3 stream, no download required to listen)
[www.7161.com]

obviously it's a tad rough due to it being done with fan field-recording augmentation, but see what i mean? (both compared on 5" nearfields & akg k240df's)

The warmth is back, the body, the kick, the bass are back. and that's just some low end field recording added, imagine what you could do with the original stems!

you call it "complaining" (even though you admit you didnt even read what i said). i call it work. its what engineers do, they critique mixes. It's engineers talk see.

ok?

Date: July 26, 2013 18:41

Seemingly, many fans here haven't downloaded the 6 releases from last year??? confused smiley

Date: July 26, 2013 19:21

I love all the google releases.....my tube amp add warmth to these downloads

Posted by: dannyhowells ()
Date: July 26, 2013 20:07

Somebody give me a nudge when someone decides to discuss the music on the album please.
Cheers.

Posted by: Stones2005 ()
Date: July 26, 2013 20:22

Absolutely!! I am @#$%& ecstatic listening to this! Makes me happy!!!

Date: July 26, 2013 21:03

Love the guitar sound..... Doom and gloom rips imho

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 26, 2013 22:54

wolfmeister
TeddyB1018

I have made records, both as artist and producer.

*sigh*

look mate, the Stones play black soul/blues music, which has body & bass. The iTunes mix curve is more like for a prestine jazz trio. everything falls away from 1-2k steeply & it has no bottom end at all, but then you analysed the eq curve didn't you?

Get the original itunes 'You cant always get what you want'. turn it up & listen.

now compare it to this matrix adding in some live recording source:

(realtime 320k mp3 stream, no download required to listen)
[www.7161.com]

obviously it's a tad rough due to it being done with fan field-recording augmentation, but see what i mean? (both compared on 5" nearfields & akg k240df's)

The warmth is back, the body, the kick, the bass are back. and that's just some low end field recording added, imagine what you could do with the original stems!

you call it "complaining" (even though you admit you didnt even read what i said). i call it work. its what engineers do, they critique mixes. It's engineers talk see.

ok?

I must say that while enjoyable (being taken back there, hearing my friends yelling, the fact that they put it out so quickly, remembering my first Stones album "Still Life" 31 years ago, etc... ) the iTunes recording does lack some "oomph" for some reason, I mean it's not like it's not something "trendy" to do, so why Clearmountain didn't put it in is a bit odd.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 26, 2013 23:13

Spud
MarthaTuesday
Big Al

Big Al may well be right...

...We're the ones old enough to remember what recorded music should sound like ;^)

That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed the perfectly listenable Hyde Park download ...but if only there were an analogue master and an LP set winking smiley

Yes! Vinyl is my first love - would love this in that format, but won't complain too much.

Hi Dandelion Powderman - don't know about others but I was holding off (on the archive releases) in the hope of CD or vinyl.... but guess I'll cave in and start downloading. I was also saving money to get to go to shows (figured I could buy the archive releases at a later stage). Glad I did save as I got to enjoy 3 great shows. cool smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 26, 2013 23:52

MarthaTuesday
I got to enjoy 3 great shows

Right on

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 27, 2013 00:12

Do get the archive releases, MarthaTuesday--they're only something like four or five dollars each, and you're missing some AMAZING music!

Posted by: Mattty7619 ()
Date: July 27, 2013 00:25

This is a joy!!!!!! The album of the century. I love it and never expected it. We were there on the 6th and this is a memory of it forever ! Legends! Truely legends!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 27, 2013 00:55

Been blasting it for much of the day and even on my lousy computer speakers it sounds great to these untrained ears!

Date: July 27, 2013 01:16

Aquamarine
Do get the archive releases, MarthaTuesday--they're only something like four or five dollars each, and you're missing some AMAZING music!

I'm going to have to! Plan to get Hyde Park tomorrow and I know once I've done that - and downloaded music for the first time - I won't be able to help myself and will get the archive releases.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1946
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home